Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Weinstein Tip of the Iceberg, Former Victims Expose Hollywood’s Organized Pedophilia Ring

Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,006 Times in 4,542 Posts
    I really want the moderate middle to win out and rule the day, so to speak. We're not gonna get sensible laws and policies by gyrating back and forth between extremes. We need people with common sense and compassion in service.

But it seems we have to have crazy sh!t like what's going on now for people to even get out and vote.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (14th November 2017), Elen (14th November 2017), Paloma (14th November 2017), Wind (14th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,834 Times in 444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I really want the moderate middle to win out and rule the day, so to speak. We're not gonna get sensible laws and policies by gyrating back and forth between extremes. We need people with common sense and compassion in service.
    I agree in general theory, only problem is it doesn't seem to work. What exactly constitutes "sensible laws and policies", varies from person to person as widely as the directions the wind blows.

Maybe we need a weather man after all
    You don't need a weather man
    To know which way the wind blows

Bob Dylan

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th November 2017), Dreamtimer (14th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (14th November 2017), Elen (14th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,834 Times in 444 Posts
    Here you go DT, I would imagine it's this type of situation right here that scares the bejeezus out of you. It sure does me, and that's why I went and talked to this guy spur of the moment a couple of years ago. This little hardware store is owned by this gentleman, it's about a half hour drive away, and he is also the local Baptist preacher. God help us all if this type of mentality ever comes to power. I just wanted to show this so you know I understand exactly what your concerns are, and I share them as well, I just also fear the opposing team.

My phone went dead on me, which is unfortunately why the video ends abruptly. The conversation ended very amicably, we shook hands and I left. I think maintaining a certain amount of respect and politeness is always the way to go.

You don't need a weather man
    To know which way the wind blows

Bob Dylan

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th November 2017), Dreamtimer (14th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (14th November 2017), Elen (14th November 2017), sandy (15th November 2017), Wind (14th November 2017)

Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,006 Times in 4,542 Posts
    There was a guy running for office in VA who hit the sidewalks and went around and talked to all kinds of people. Many had never had a Democrat even knock on their door. It's a good thing to do. People need to meet people face to face and talk for real.

The other side may be scary, but they don't have the armament, organization, media, or scapegoats that the right does. The mainstream media simply does not play the kind of propaganda role that Fox, Limbaugh, et al do. And the left sure doesn't have anything like Drudge, Breitbart and the dozens of other alternative media sites. Not with the same coverage or reach. It also doesn't have a parallel Sinclair broadcasting.

It just doesn't have the machinery that the right has been perfecting for decades now. Not even close. Who even knows who the Young Turks are? But people know Fox, and Limbaugh, and Hannity, and Beck, and on and on and on.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (14th November 2017), Elen (14th November 2017), sandy (15th November 2017), Wind (14th November 2017)

Senior Member United States Dumpster Diver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Personally, I’d go for wall to wall perp walks, but the GF sez it needs to happen one by one to be able to properly absorb it.
    "I trust no one, not even myself." ~Joltin' Joe Stalin
    "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra
    "You can observe a lot by just watching." ~Yogi Berra
    “When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.” ~Will Rogers
    "If life gives you melons...you might be dyslexic" ~ Aixelsyd Dnarber
    "Scrabble was invented by Nazis to p!ss off kids with dyslexia" ~Eddie Izzard

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th November 2017), Dreamtimer (15th November 2017), Elen (15th November 2017)