Page 143 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4393133140141142143144145146153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3083

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    If your podcast is on You Tube, BOB, that makes it easy. Post the video. Same with Facebook videos.

Some podcasts are MP3's, and you could embed them that way. There's an MP3 tool in the toolbar.

I'm unsure about other options, but we shall discuss.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th June 2021), Wind (13th June 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    If your podcast is on You Tube, BOB, that makes it easy. Post the video. Same with Facebook videos.

Some podcasts are MP3's, and you could embed them that way. There's an MP3 tool in the toolbar.

I'm unsure about other options, but we shall discuss.
    cool, I'll try it later DT ... right now i'm setting up my firestick for TV ... thanks
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th June 2021), Dreamtimer (13th June 2021), Wind (13th June 2021)

Thanks
    This is funny to me but not really for the humor thread. I'll put it here as it relates to spawn of captain chaos.

Word has just reached us that McNinny is polishing her lying chops to prepare for her role in a reboot of Rawhide to be retitled Raw Lies. In it, she’ll wander around the branding pen telling anyone who’ll listen about how the branding iron does not hurt and that the cows are really just crisis actors. The series will also star Alex Jones as a branding iron and Devin Nunes as a cow.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (15th June 2021), Wind (15th June 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2021), Dreamtimer (23rd June 2021)

Thanks
    After the first 53 seconds of the first vid my reaction is that it's not counterintuitive at all.

In America I constantly hear, "we can't afford to pay a decent minimum wage." Why not? We have cash out the wazzoo. Oh, wait, that's only the top .01%

If workers are kept living paycheck to paycheck, worried about any emergency which will clean out the paltry savings that they have, they're wage slaves.

I've heard Americans use that phrase many times.

Wage slave.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2021), Wind (24th June 2021)

Thanks
    Just stumbled across this one, synchronistically.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2021), Wind (24th June 2021)

Thanks
    Just stumbled across this one, synchronistically.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... Evil selfish bast*rds. It has long been debated about cutting taxes for the rich because it is good for the economy ... that's total blather ... historical records prove just the opposite is the reality ... they really do want that 7th house even it means they have to work a little harder. How long has the right tried and succeeded in shoveling that sh*t down our throats? The rich love it and the poor don't care as long as they don't do anything that jeopardizes their inherited sense of white superiority. They can be multi-multi-generational losers with ancestors from the Mayflower and it doesn't bother them one whit cause they got an exalted history, as long as you don't consider slavery because that was their ancestors not them, we all know they don't own slaves now, and in many cases because now it is illegal.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2021), Dreamtimer (23rd June 2021), Wind (24th June 2021)

Thanks
    The crash at the tour de France was bad news. This footage shows how close crowds can be and how fast the cyclists go downhill. Yikes!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th June 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th June 2021), Wind (28th June 2021)

Thanks
    The crash at the tour de France was bad news. This footage shows how close crowds can be and how fast the cyclists go downhill. Yikes!
    I didn't get to see much of it, but without a doubt it can be very dangerous. I had a dream awhile back that I entered a race like that but chickened out when it came to the mountain climbs. It was too high, going up was scary. I started the race late but I was determined to catch up ... didn't happen.

I actually used to bike about 175 miles a week. I would have been pretty competitive if I could have been on the women's Olympic team. Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th June 2021), Dreamtimer (29th June 2021), Wind (29th June 2021)

Thanks
    Good riddance, I say. Next in line should be his crony buddy Dick Cheney.

Donald Rumsfeld, Defense Secretary During Iraq War, Is Dead at 88

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2021), Dreamtimer (1st July 2021), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2021)

Thanks
    I have mixed feelings. Don is meeting his maker now.

I'd like to see Cheney hang around a bit longer to see how far his party has fallen and how easily to a man like Trump. He's already seen his daughter suffer politically. He should get some more of this medicine, imo.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2021), Emil El Zapato (11th July 2021), Wind (1st July 2021)

Thanks
    Have you seen this story, BOB?

A Bronx Tale: One Sperm Donor, 19 Siblings, and Six Decades of Secrets
    How DNA home test kits can lead to family joy—and anguish.

A man made sperm donations over more than a decade. A group of Bronx doctors worked on fertility issues and helped several women. People are now finding out that they have many siblings never known about and some wonder whether they were part of an experiment.

There are now 19 identified half-siblings, though several have not acknowledged their connection to the family. A private Facebook group called “Too Full of Tufels” contains about 50 members, including husbands, wives, children, and grandchildren of the half-siblings. Most of the new brothers and sisters have compared birth records. Each was born to Jewish families; almost all were delivered in Bronx hospitals. Their births were largely handled by different obstetricians, though two of the doctors each delivered two of the Tufel offspring. The sperm of Sam Tufel, who began having children with his wife in 1939, was used by Bronx OB-GYNs stretching from at least 1944 to 1958.
    It's quite a read. And it lends many new dimensions to my own thoughts about pursuing my genetic origins. (which I'm not doing currently)

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2021), Emil El Zapato (11th July 2021), Wind (1st July 2021)

Thanks

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2021), Dreamtimer (2nd July 2021), Emil El Zapato (11th July 2021)

Thanks
    BOB, I didn't want to start a thread on this topic and since it's about Captain Chaos, I'll put it here. Thanks in advance.

From Kurt Eichenwald:

As someone who has written for decades about corporate crime, I was reading the Trump O/Weisselberg indictment going, "Yah, ok..hmm..yah..ok..Wait..HOLY SHIT!" The Trump Org is in deep, deep trouble. And not because of the criminal charges. Because of its bank loan covenants.

In fact, if even the smallest bit of this case is true, I think the Trump Org could be dead. It's complicated, but it primarily pertains to the 12th count of the indictment.

Taking this a step at a time: Like most real estate companies, the Trump Org is horribly illiquid, this means it cannot readily convert its assets into cash as needed. Worse, because of the incredible incompetence and business idiocy of Trump, cash on hand (and access rapid loans through what is known as the commercial paper market) is small. So, the company survives on loans against assets.

Trump originally depended on bank loans, then jumped into high-yield (junk) bond market, which is why so many of his businesses went bankrupt: Junk bonds gave him lots of cash to spend, but he was too stupid to apply an analysis beyond "I'm great"to figure out how he was going to generate enough cash to pay interest on bonds. He couldn't.

With his dad, he tried laundering money through Trump Castle to get past a requirement with his bank loans brought on by his junk debt, but got caught. Everything crashed down so, the bottom line: Trump knows how to borrow money, he doesn't know how to manage it. Then came The Apprentice, which gave him lots of cash. Of course, he spent it all, then used assets he purchased as security to borrow from banks on apparent assumption that "I'm great" would fix any cash flow problems.

He now has huge amounts of debt against assets that are plummeting in value because of January 6 and his toxic brand name. He *needed* the presidency to survive financially. I have always believed, that is why he is so desperate to keep it because if he was president, he could hit up the Russians, Saudis, etc to bail him out. Now, with him toxic and a threat to the country, those nations know that any secret payments they make to him run a huge risk of being discovered.

Which brings us to today's charges. All bank loans with a business come with "lending covenants." These are basically a series of requirements, some of which include "you'll behave" in minor character. But *the most important part* of any loan covenant is the "books and records" portion. It is included in every covenant for a bank loan to a business. The terms are simple: You maintain truthful books and records, you attest to us that they are truthful, and we are allowed to review them at any time. There is no "You can lie *just a little bit* on your books and records" it's all or nothing, like pregnancy: You either are or you arent. The books and records either are truthful or they aren't. Which brings us to count 12, which I think you can now understand the significance of:

Forget Weisselberg. That is every every corporate defendant, every entity that could have a loan covenant in its name. Every Trump Org bank lender in the world, right now, is looking at this indictment, looking at their covenants, and calling the Trump Org demanding they turn over every relevant book and record pertaining to these issues. If they refuse...BOOM. Loans pulled. If they do and the banks don't like what they see...BOOM. Loans pulled. If the loans come due (which 100s of millions do next year) no way they get refinanced.

There may be something I am missing here, but I do not see how the Trump Org survives this without some sort of corrupt deal overseas. But even that seems far-fetched. Instead, it may be the biggest real estate corp bankruptcy in history and given that those of us who covered his business for decades - back when he was a democrat/reform party/whoever would have him - and always knew he was a crook, all I can say is, what the hell took so long?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2021), Emil El Zapato (11th July 2021), Wind (3rd July 2021)

Thanks
    "Born in South LA, I was born in South LA..." (Cheech and Chong) They were doing a different kind of lighting up.

Someone made homemade fireworks. They were reported. The police found 5,000 pounds of improvised explosives. They removed most but decided to conduct a controlled explosion of about 10 pounds determined to be too dangerous to transport.

It did not go as planned.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_A4Dn0b41c

17 people were injured including firefighters, police officers and residents of the neighborhood.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th July 2021), Emil El Zapato (11th July 2021), Wind (3rd July 2021)