Page 78 of 206 FirstFirst ... 28687576777879808188128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3079

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Question Mr. Aragorn,

Is there an easy way to post a picture that resides on my computer. I prefer a simple upload if possible (into this thread).

thanks

NAP
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019), Elen (2nd June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,974 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Question Mr. Aragorn,

Is there an easy way to post a picture that resides on my computer. I prefer a simple upload if possible (into this thread).

thanks

NAP
    Yes, Mr. NotAPretender, there is. Please take a look at this thread.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019), Elen (2nd June 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd June 2019), Wind (2nd June 2019)

Thanks
    thanks Aragorn.

Can anybody identify where this picture was taken?

Attachment 2357

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019), Elen (2nd June 2019), Kitsune (2nd June 2019)

Thanks
    Are you seriously asking or is it a game/puzzle ?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kitsune For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019), Elen (2nd June 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd June 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    thanks Aragorn.

Can anybody identify where this picture was taken?

Attachment 2357
    Yes I think I can...it's from Ålesund, Norway...a city on the West Coast.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019), Kitsune (2nd June 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Yes I think I can...it's from Ålesund, Norway...a city on the West Coast.
    Yes it is. Looks beautiful!
    https://www.visitnorway.com/places-t...sund-sunnmore/

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kitsune For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019), Elen (2nd June 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd June 2019)

Thanks
    Bingo...A friend of mine (former co-worker in Austin) sent me that picture of his vacation spot this year. I thought it was a personal photo (without thinking about it) but he did mention before the photos he showed me were not taken by him.

Good job! You're going to have to tell me your secret sometime.

Oh, that was Kitsune AND Elen. Have either of you visited there?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019), Elen (2nd June 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Bingo...A friend of mine (former co-worker in Austin) sent me that picture of his vacation spot this year. I thought it was a personal photo (without thinking about it) but he did mention before the photos he showed me were not taken by him.

I've not visited personally, but a family member came from there...the city burned down to the ground early 20th century...it was all wooden...the rebuild is all stone and in Jug-end-style. I recognized the Architecture of the buildings...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd June 2019)

Thanks
    Wow!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019), Elen (3rd June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,974 Times in 20,256 Posts

Just in case you didn't know this, even though Elen currently resides in the land of Nessie, she's actually as Norwegian as they come.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019), Elen (3rd June 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Just in case you didn't know this, even though Elen currently resides in the land of Nessie, she's actually as Norwegian as they come.
    Right on! I have a nephew (in Norway) that calls me "Auntie Nessie". You see...he has a sister also called Elen, and so in order to keep us apart..."Auntie Nessie", it is.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd June 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd June 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    This guy...

"I just didn't see..."

"I just didn't realize..."

"I just thought the Democrats..."

This is the wall I've been encountering for decades. He's only now seeing what's been going on.

Dear Lord.

I was going to guess Stockholm...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd June 2019), Elen (4th June 2019)

Thanks
    I met this guy today working for a guy that is doing yard work for me. Apparently Praxedis (Logan) Lindsey is writing a book about this experience.

Walking for homeless veterans: Lindsey makes the trek from Massachusetts to Texas

Praxedis Lindsey

Wanting to raise awareness for homeless veterans, Praxedis Lindsey has now been on the road over 5 months. It’s been “step by step, and mile by mile,” and Lindsey has walked all of the way.

There have been challenges, but fortunately he said he has encountered “many wonderful people with open hearts and minds” during his journey.

Lindsey’s concern for the plight of homeless veterans is a message he shares with those he meets. “There are over 50,000 veterans living in the streets in the U.S. today – men and women that do not belong abandoned there,” he said after arrival in Floyd County last week. The veterans have returned to the country with “fractured souls and psyche from the horrors of war” and find it very difficult to reintegrate into society, he explained. The veterans are not given the adequate care they need.

“I come across many of them at intersections,” he continued. Many of the veterans are “filthy (and) holding cardboard signs, begging for help and for food. Many (are) in wheelchairs. Some (are) missing limbs. They’re sunburned….These men and women do not belong there.”

Lindsey left Massachusetts in February. His journey will end several months from now in McGowan, Texas, near the border of Mexico.

On the way, Lindsey promotes the Operation Renewed Hope Foundation, which he points out has housed over 400 vets in the last 4 years in the DC area alone. It’s an all encompassing entity, providing clothing, food, utility, medical and physical assistance, and Lindsey said he encourages people to donate to the cause. The organization’s President and CEO, Deborah Snyder, is an Army veteran, who retired as Lieutenant Colonel; she currently works for the Department of Defense.

In the past Lindsey trained Airborne Rangers, Marines and even some Navy personnel. He also once did dignitary and executive protection bodyguard work.

Being on the road takes a physical toll. Lindsey said he suffers from plantar fasciitis and also has metatarsal stress fractures. “I rolled an ankle in New Jersey, and it’s still giving me some issues.”

The weather can also get interesting. When Lindsey started his journey in Coventry, CT, there was a 74-mile per hour wind storm with torrential rain and snow.

Lindsey averages 12 miles a day, sometimes 9 or 15. “It depends on how broken my body feels and how well I’ve rested and eaten,” he commented. Occasionally he accepts a ride to a shelter or a motel, which may sponsor him for the night and give him an opportunity to take a shower and do laundry.

“I camp out 99 percent of the time with deer, ticks, skunks and squirrels,” he added.

In Floyd County last week, Lindsey was greeted with a dose of hospitality from the employees at the Blue Ridge Restaurant. He also was invited to camp out on David and Gaynell Larsen’s property near town.

Lindsey invites people to keep up with his journey by following his posts on Facebook at Walking For Our Vets. He had hoped to time his visit to this area to coincide with FloydFest, where he wanted to address attendees. Even though he arrived a week earlier, he found a place to stay until the 28th.

At times, the burden of the task he has undertaken may catch up with him, but he is quick to say: “I’ve lacked nothing. God has always provided every day. It’s His walk. Second, it belongs to the vets.

“They deserve better. They don’t belong on the street.”

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th June 2019), Dreamtimer (7th June 2019), Elen (7th June 2019), Kitsune (7th June 2019), Wind (6th June 2019)

Thanks
    I just finished reading the 1st chapter of TechGnosis by Erik Davis. Here is my 'review' of it and I'm not sure where the book will go.

Davis is a very bright boy, he has a PhD in English from Yale University. Since childhood I've believed there is something wrong with those people and he hasn't as yet given me any reaon to think otherwise. The "spell"/spelling of the English magic is more than a little awry. Post publishing this book he gave up the ghost and pursued or is pursuing a Theology degree specializing in Gnosticism and Mysticism.

Davis obviously has a deep seated disdain for the Abrahamic religions and in his book makes that plain (albeit, very stylishly) while just as stylishly framing the history and nature of animism and gnosticisim without the acerbic biting prose. Imagine having all that spiritual knowledge and still 'being' without a hint of the 'nature' of the spiritual.

If I didn't know better I'd bet his daddy stupped him on a regular basis.

Not recommended for anyone but the gnostic fool.

Disclaimer: But I just read the first chapter!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th June 2019), Dreamtimer (10th June 2019), Elen (10th June 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I'm jumping ahead here. This is Erik on the Weirdness of Being. ('weirdo' seems to be my recent theme)

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th June 2019), Elen (10th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2019)