Page 128 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3079

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Sounds like telepathy. If folks have heightened senses, that might be enough to push them past the threshold of being able to pick up thoughts.

Of course, I don't like the idea of someone reading my thoughts.

I also anticipate calls. Or think of someone before seeing or hearing from them. I think this is fairly common.

There are cultures which dream collectively. That could be a dynamic related to telepathy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (24th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd January 2021), Wind (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    it's why i gave up smoking rope ... it seemed like it put me there in full time mode ... I said not only no, but hell no ...

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Wind (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Thoughts are not just contained within your head, the brain is just like a radio station.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    well, as long as like Aianawa says ... my thoughts ARE my thoughts, I very much prefer keeping it that way ...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Wind (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    I had a telepathic connection with my dog, but it's more of an energetic feeling type thing. They don't think like we do.

The crazy thing is that I even had at times a telepathic connection with my ex... True story.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    it doesn't surprise me, Wind ... you have that kind of deeper spirit that might enable someone to connect like that ...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Wind (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    It's just not me, it's a natural occurence. Of course some people are able to more easily tune in.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    This is related to musicians talking about reaching up or out to grab a song from the ether.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (24th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (24th January 2021), Wind (24th January 2021)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

You can easily block it if you don't want it and "they" will respect your wishes. Unwritten laws of a higher nature at work.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (24th January 2021), Wind (24th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Sounds like telepathy. If folks have heightened senses, that might be enough to push them past the threshold of being able to pick up thoughts.

I also anticipate calls. Or think of someone before seeing or hearing from them. I think this is fairly common.

There are cultures which dream collectively. That could be a dynamic related to telepathy.
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Thoughts are not just contained within your head, the brain is just like a radio station.
    I had a telepathic connection with my dog, but it's more of an energetic feeling type thing. They don't think like we do.

The crazy thing is that I even had at times a telepathic connection with my ex... True story.
    It's just not me, it's a natural occurence. Of course some people are able to more easily tune in.
    This is related to musicians talking about reaching up or out to grab a song from the ether.
    I am going to go out on a limb here, but this is the chaos thread, so all kinds of weird logical jumps are supposedly welcome here ─ or so NotAPretender said (albeit perhaps not in those words).

Here's the thing... Most scientists agree that the universe started with the Big Bang, which was a singularity. Given that time is only one of the dimensions of space-time, time did not exist "before" the Big Bang. Ergo, despite the many efforts from stubborn ─ in the positive sense ─ scientists to try and guess what happened "before" the Big Bang, there is no way of ever knowing that, because the concepts of "before" and "after" did not exist yet at that point.

Another strange thing is that most people, when you tell them about the Big Bang, will picture this as a kind of explosion that started off in a single point, from which the universe began expanding at an enormous velocity. But that's not what it was like, because if that were the case, then the universe would have a clear center ─ a place somewhere in space-time where it all began, and from where everything is expanding. And yet, that is not what we ─ the word "we" meaning "the scientific community", to which I humbly count myself as well, as someone who has studied and continues to study in various fields of science ─ observe. As the matter of fact, the universe doesn't have a center, and therefore, while our observation is that the universe is expanding, it is doing so in all directions, regardless of one's location within the universe.

Now keep all of the above in mind, because we're going to briefly touch upon another scientific principle, namely Albert Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity. It is so-called because it was his original theory of relativity, but it didn't incorporate gravity yet. It was only later that Einstein started factoring in gravity, and then his theory became the General Theory of Relativity. The theory without the gravitational influences was therefore renamed to Special Theory of Relativity, and it is still often used as a simplified model for discussing and studying phenomena in which gravity is irrelevant.

That said, Special Relativity (as it is also called) primarily talks about the speed of light, which is always the same, in any direction, for every observer, regardless of whether an observer is moving, where they are located or which direction they are facing. As such, Special Relativity holds that if the speed of light is a constant for every observer, then both distance and time are variable. This means that objects that approach the speed of light will be contracted in length. Except, that is not what an observer who himself/herself is approaching the speed of light would observe, because to themselves, they would still have the same length, width and height. But another observer, in another reference frame will be seeing this lengthwise contraction in the speeding observer along their direction of travel.

And the weirdness doesn't end here, because if the other observer is also moving, then depending on whether they are moving faster or slower than the first observer, they will be seeing either the past or the future of said first observer. And this in turn means, as Einstein said, that the past, the present and the future are only an illusion. Of course, science does not generally believe in predestination. According to science ─ and its rejection of anything even remotely connected to spirituality ─ the future is wide open, with infinite possibilities, and everything is happening through mere serendipity. But if a particular observer's future can be observed in the present of another observer in a different reference frame, then this notion is false, because then it means that the first observer's future was ─ indeed ─ already written in stone.

This in turn brings me back to what I've already been saying for a long time, which is that we are all characters in a novel, and we don't know what's on the next page, but the book has already long been written, and whoever wrote the book also knows how the story ends. Or if you will, we are all actors in a movie, and the director and the script writer know how the movie ends, but the characters ─ note: the characters, not the actors who are playing the characters ─ don't know what's going to come next.

Now, how does all of this tie in with telepathy? Well, we know that there is such a thing as quantum entanglement. Two particles can get entangled, and then regardless of where they are in the universe ─ even with a distance between them so great that light itself (and thus all forms of communication) would take a long time to travel from one particle to the other ─ a change to one particle will immediately and simultaneously impart a change on the other particle. But of course, not everything is quantum-entangled, and the entanglement also appears not to be absolute. It's not a binary "yes" or "no", but rather a statistical probability. Or to put it otherwise, an experiment based upon entanglement can fail, even if the particles were initially entangled.

Now, let's jump back to Special Relativity and the fact that not the speed of light, but space and time are "flexible". And now couple this to the fact that the universe is observed to be expanding in all directions for every observer, regardless of their position in space-time, and that therefore, the universe does not have a center. Therefore, the Big Bang was not and could not have been an explosion ─ scientists generally agree with that ─ but rather, it was a process of creation; the universe simply "came into existence".

Therefore, my theory at this very moment ─ and I've actually been pondering this for a while already now ─ is that, while we observe the universe to be expanding, this expansion is only an illusion. Yes, the distances between remote galaxies are increasing, as is the distance between them and our own galaxy. And it is happening at a velocity greater than the speed of light, which is possible because we're not talking of an object in space-time that would be traveling faster than light; we are talking about the very medium in which light (and everything else) exists, i.e. space-time itself. And space-time is flexible ─ that's what General Relativity shows us, i.e. gravity bends space-time, and gravity itself is not a force but an acceleration.

So, what we are observing as the expansion of the universe is ─ again, in my theory ─ just as much an illusion as the past, the present and the future, and as the length-wise contraction of an object traveling near the speed of light. The distances between the galaxies are increasing, but they are only increasing in our observation. In reality ─ and quantum entanglement proves this ─ everything is actually still where it used to be at the level of the quantum field. Perhaps an easy way of thinking of this would be to compare the universe to the holodeck onboard the USS Enterprise D in Star Trek: The Next Generation. When the characters onboard the Enterprise enter the holodeck and invoke a simulation, then they can move around within that holographic simulation, and they can travel for kilometers (or miles) on end within that simulation. And it'll feel very real to them, even though ─ obviously ─ the holodeck itself is limited in size.

Bottom line: I now believe that what we call telepathy and empathy ─ in the literal sense of the word "empathy", meaning "being able to feel/experience what another person is feeling/experiencing" ─ are merely the same thing as quantum entanglement, and quantum entanglement merely exists because in the end, we are all still inside of that singularity of the Big Bang. Yes, we see the universe expanding, but in reality, it isn't expanding at all. Everything is still one. But not everyone is telepathic ─ read: entangled ─ and those who are, are also not always entangled with everyone else.

Well, there it is. I hope my logic wasn't too difficult to follow. I know these are all difficult and complex subjects, and some people here admittedly do have attention issues.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th January 2021), Elen (25th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (24th January 2021), Fred Steeves (24th January 2021), Wind (24th January 2021)

Thanks
    that's a very good theory ... impressive. I could only say why not. I didn't realize that quantum entanglement could fail. To think that cosmic 'laws' could be flexible makes sense to me and is indicative of what we experience and to hell with the mathematicians.

Why would entanglement fail ... that's really interesting. Recalcitrant subatomic particles? Perhaps like Elen suggested, "Screw you my twin, I don't want to play that game today."

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th January 2021), Dreamtimer (25th January 2021), Elen (25th January 2021), Wind (24th January 2021)

Thanks
    We humans are electromagnetic beings and so thoughts and emotions contain electromagnetic energy too.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOWTGX931Og

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th January 2021), Dreamtimer (25th January 2021)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    that's a very good theory ... impressive. I could only say why not. I didn't realize that quantum entanglement could fail. To think that cosmic 'laws' could be flexible makes sense to me and is indicative of what we experience and to hell with the mathematicians.

Why would entanglement fail ... that's really interesting. Recalcitrant subatomic particles? Perhaps like Elen suggested, "Screw you my twin, I don't want to play that game today."
    Did I say that?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th January 2021), Dreamtimer (25th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (25th January 2021), Wind (25th January 2021)

Thanks
    yes you did, my dear Elen ...

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th January 2021), Dreamtimer (25th January 2021), Elen (26th January 2021), Wind (25th January 2021)

Thanks
    Sheldrake is a very interesting researcher

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th January 2021), Elen (26th January 2021), Wind (25th January 2021)