Page 56 of 206 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

We know about magic and the occult here.
    In the land of woo where the state energy is in has everything to do with what manifests
    With all due respect DT, the word woo has many definitions and connotations as does the word occult. How those are used and which meaning or connotation is being forwarded is often determined by context.

My use of the word in the comment is in context of energy. A dynamic we can't see but we can see what is manifest as a reflection of underlying energies that are in play. That pretty much throws it into the woo box for me. Perhaps I should have been more clear or used a different word. Like metaphysical, maybe? My apologies for the confusion... p

edit to add: Or perhaps U are telling me introducing such a word is off topic and if I want to go there I might take it to a tread more appropriate?
    Last edited by palooka's revenge, 26th October 2018 at 04:31.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th October 2018), Chris (26th October 2018), Dreamtimer (26th October 2018), Elen (26th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018), Wind (26th October 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Indeed, to both of you.

I was listening to Mark Passio earlier today. He described our government as a cult and people who vote cult supporters. I understand what he says, but there're a few complications with removing oneself from it.

I live in a system where people are voting and exercising power and will have no problem shoving their cult values down my throat. And so I'd rather use the system than sink into chaos and infighting and possibly war.

There is one side which has been chanting en masse in front of their Dear Leader.

There is one side which has spent the last few decades amassing arms.

There is one side which marched with torches - again with the chanting - using words like 'Blood and Soil' and 'Jews will not replace us'

There is one side which is flying the Don't Tread on Me flag and chanting Revolutionary quotes.

There is one side which has been discussing Civil War for years now.

One side, folks. Not two.

We know about magic and the occult here.

This is not a both sides thing.
    I really agree with you Dreamtimer. I keep harping on about trying not to make false equivalences. Just because there are two sides to everything, does not mean they're equally culpable or valid. Our sense of fairness teaches us to give equal consideration to both sides in a debate or conflict, but once the facts are established, there really is just one side, the one that is true and on the right side of history.

The Truth is, and Aragorn will back me up on this, that the US does not really have a political Left. It has essentially been wiped out in the fifties, during the McCarthy era. It hasn't been that strong in the US to begin with, especially with the unusually strong religiosity, at least for what is a Western, industrialised and thoroughly modern nation.

The Democrats are a corporatist, centrist party, it does serve as a Tent for Leftist and Progressive movements, but the party Hierarchy is essentially Christian Democrat, in the same vein as Angela Merkel. By European standards, it is a centre-right party. The Republicans are clearly far-right, though they also try to suck up the votes from Libertarian types. They are moving ever further to the right with each election and are now essentially proto-fascist.

There is no balance in US politics in this regard, we are talking about two right-wing corporatist parties here, one is just more extreme than the other. Hillary Clinton is to the Right of people like Vladimir Putin and Viktor Orban on most issues, if you actually look at their policies rather than just the rhetoric, which is for public consumption only.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th October 2018), Aragorn (26th October 2018), Dreamtimer (26th October 2018), Elen (26th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018), Wind (26th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    I smell something fishy about this bombing campaign, it's too... Theatrical. The explosives were not meant to be dangerous as they had no igniters. At best they were meant just to send a message, but by whom? We are being lead to assume the answer, but it might not be that. What's coming soon? The elections. Someone is stirring up things and for a reason.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Aragorn (26th October 2018), Chris (26th October 2018), Dreamtimer (26th October 2018), Elen (26th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018), Fred Steeves (26th October 2018), Melidae (26th October 2018), modwiz (26th October 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I didn't use the word woo. I don't think I've used it more than once or twice on this forum. It's not a word I use. I'm gonna have to go back and have a look, palooka. I'm unclear what you're saying.

My dad made fun of my cousin once. He kept saying, "She's a little woo-woo." He had just learned the word and was trying it out.

He was insulting her spirit and her beliefs. She is the highest level nurse you can be, travelled to India every year for most of her life teaching health care, has helped my brother and his family immensely, and I was quite disgusted to hear my father speak that way.

Someone elsewhere wrote a diary listing what one side has done which was much more extensive than my list.

False parallels and both-siderism are very very dangerous.

Here's the other person's list:

ONE SIDE sent death threats to the Dixie Chicks, Dr. Ford, the Parkland kids, various news outlets, and anyone else who dared to disagree with their political views.

ONE SIDE blew up a daycare center full of infants with a truck bomb.

ONE SIDE lamented that the above right-wing terrorist didn’t bomb the NYT building instead.

ONE SIDE has shot up black/liberal churches, Sikh temples, abortion clinics, and schools.

ONE SIDE worships guns because they view the 2nd Amendment as a tool to oppress and intimidate, not a tool to defend.

ONE SIDE said “If ballots don’t work, bullets will” and constantly threatened to “water the tree of liberty” because they were butthurt that a black man was president.

ONE SIDE constantly calls for the imprisonment of their political opponents and uses their pictures as target practice.

ONE SIDE has literal Nazis in its ranks.

ONE SIDE marched with tiki torches in Charlottesville calling for ethnic cleansing and drove into a crowd of protesters, killing one.

ONE SIDE placed crosshairs on several Congressmen, one of whom ended up getting shot.

ONE SIDE is working with a hostile foreign nation to subvert our democracy because they would rather side with America’s enemies than with their rival political party, and are wearing T-shirts saying exactly that.

ONE SIDE is sending pipe bombs to prominent political figures whom the current pResident despises.

And that ONE SIDE sure as hell isn’t the Democrats.
    While we worry over the guy with a pistol and five bullets, the guy across the street with a houseful of arms is about to go on a killing spree.

It's just not the same.

Whomever is sending the bombs is really stupid to target people like Clapper. The entire intelligence community is going to take this personally.

For a long time the FBI, and the intelligence agencies have been seen as predominantly filled with Republicans because they are supposedly the law and order party. The conduct of Trump and his followers is a grave insult and one they won't take lightly.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Aragorn (26th October 2018), Elen (26th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    I didn't use the word woo. I don't think I've used it more than once or twice on this forum. It's not a word I use. I'm gonna have to go back and have a look, palooka. I'm unclear what you're saying.
    I know U didn't darlin' and i'm only here now to say that much and that my re was prompted by you're reference to magic and occult which i'd assumed was directed toward my use of the word woo. there is more i want say say but not at this time for reasons we are all aware of right now.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Aragorn (26th October 2018), Dreamtimer (26th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    The bomb thing is an inside job, people were talking about violent leftists, and the narrative had to change. I haven't done due diligence on the claims, but I've seen from several sources that many of these bombs were total duds. These have been reports about different bombs.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Aragorn (27th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018), Melidae (26th October 2018), modwiz (26th October 2018), Wind (26th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Someone elsewhere wrote a diary listing what one side has done which was much more extensive than my list.

False parallels and both-siderism are very very dangerous.
    A hyper partisan list like that is what's really dangerous, something I would expect to see copied and pasted on Facebook, not on a supposed truth seeking research forum. There are so many holes in its overall accuracy I could drive an 18 wheeler through it. I would do yet another fact based tutorial, but it's already been well demonstrated here that facts don't matter when the recipient is playing goalie for an indefensible argument.

I saw a short interview with Clint Eastwood years ago where he commented something to the effect that when people on either side round the corner far enough in their political extremism, they can wind up cordially shaking hands with one another in agreement on their aspirations. Dreamtimer, you don't realize just how similar and compatible your extreme political positions are to that of turiya's and the entire Trump/Q raging phenomena. The symbiotic yin/yang relationship. What you are both championing is about the exact identical thing: Eliminate the other side, and everything will be just hunky dory.

World history of course has a much different take on that sentiment, and world history also dictates that when its lessons are ignored, they will be repeated. Again, and again, and again. And this particular age old lesson is well into the process of being repeated, again, right this very minute...
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 27th October 2018 at 00:08. Reason: Corrected improper punctuation
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018), Melidae (26th October 2018), modwiz (26th October 2018), PurpleLama (27th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    A hyper partisan list like that is what's really dangerous, something I would expect to see copied and pasted on Facebook, not on a supposed truth seeking research forum. There are so many holes in it's overall accuracy I could drive an 18 wheeler through it. I would do yet another fact based tutorial, but it's already been well demonstrated here that facts don't matter when the recipient is playing goalie for an indefensible argument.

I saw a short interview with Clint Eastwood years ago where he commented something to the effect that when people on either side round the corner far enough in their political extremism, they can wind up cordially shaking hands with one another in agreement on their aspirations. Dreamtimer, you don't realize just how similar and compatible your extreme political positions are to that of turiya's and the entire Trump/Q raging phenomena. The symbiotic yin/yang relationship. What you are both championing is about the exact identical thing: Eliminate the other side, and everything will be just hunky dory.

World history of course has a much different take on that sentiment, and world history also dictates that when it's lessons are ignored, they will be repeated. Again, and again, and again. And this particular age old lesson is well into the process of being repeated, again, right this very minute...
    The fluoride is working wherever it is deployed. Red or blue areas just descend into different kings of retarded thinking. I picked a fluoride free county to live in.

I also know the meaning of futility.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018), Fred Steeves (27th November 2018), Melidae (26th October 2018), PurpleLama (27th October 2018)

Thanks
    I'm sorry, but what are my positions? What is so extreme? I'm neither far left nor far right. What in the world are you talking about, Fred?

Saying that both-siderism is dangerous has no partisan aspects.

Labelling people breaks down communication and understanding.

"Shoot the Messenger" is a common tactic to end discussion. So I'm now extreme. Ridiculous.

Fluoride? Seriously? I have well water.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Aragorn (27th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018), PurpleLama (27th October 2018)

Thanks
    Looks like I've earned another badge. Gonna have to get me a sash soon...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Aragorn (27th October 2018), modwiz (27th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    A hyper partisan list like that is what's really dangerous, something I would expect to see copied and pasted on Facebook, not on a supposed truth seeking research forum. There are so many holes in it's overall accuracy I could drive an 18 wheeler through it. I would do yet another fact based tutorial, but it's already been well demonstrated here that facts don't matter when the recipient is playing goalie for an indefensible argument.

World history of course has a much different take on that sentiment, and world history also dictates that when it's lessons are ignored, they will be repeated. Again, and again, and again. And this particular age old lesson is well into the process of being repeated, again, right this very minute...
    I disagree...the way I see it is that DT merely has a clean grasp on reality...ain't nuthin' wrong with that AT ALL!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Aragorn (27th October 2018), Dreamtimer (27th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Lines are being drawn ever which a way. Amongst friends and acquaintances, it really ought to be incidental. Folks seem to be losing that, these days, as the real is vs them is us against the uber rich bankster types.
    Last edited by PurpleLama, 27th October 2018 at 00:07. Reason: Autocorrect is the bane of my existence.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Aragorn (27th October 2018), Dreamtimer (27th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018), modwiz (27th October 2018), Wind (27th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I'm sorry, but what are my positions? What is so extreme? I'm neither far left nor far right. What in the world are you talking about, Fred?

Saying that both-siderism is dangerous has no partisan aspects.

Labelling people breaks down communication and understanding.

"Shoot the Messenger" is a common tactic to end discussion. So I'm now extreme. Ridiculous.

Fluoride? Seriously? I have well water.
    DT, what can I say...there is only one reality no matter how many claims there are to the contrary...strangely enough, the ones that tend to see something different are those that are disposed to 'defend their history, not the here and now. Where's DD when we need him...he was spot on being consumed with timeline shifts because it seems that is the only way 'our history' will cease disturbing the present.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th October 2018), Aragorn (27th October 2018), Dreamtimer (27th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I picked a fluoride free county to live in.
    Where is that?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2018), Dreamtimer (27th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Interesting terrorstory NAP, reality only one, even science old n new theories multi and most people have more n none and some less than 8.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th October 2018), Dreamtimer (27th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th October 2018), modwiz (27th October 2018)