Page 62 of 206 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    More on Ammon Bundy.

The unequivocal support for the president by his followers was a big concern, Bundy said, and a factor in his decision to step away from the movement.

"Those on the right have been so fanatically loyal to him that any word of opposition to bring out light in what he might be doing that is incorrect draws hate," Bundy said.

He then took it a step further, comparing the support of Trump's base to that of Adolf Hitler's.

"The time we find ourselves in now that is closest found in history is Germany in the 1930s, and they had a leader that was loved, and it was the same kind of following," he said. "I don't want to say there is that extreme similarity, but it very well could go that way, and people just give up their thinking, their rights, and they give up their government because they were so willing to follow him."

Other militia leaders who had previously rallied to Bundy's side have called him in recent days to privately offer support and protection, he said, after his family received threats over the Facebook video. Some, Bundy said, told him they agreed with his views critical of Trump but did not want to air their opinions publicly for fear of facing a similar backlash.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th December 2018), Aragorn (10th December 2018), Chris (10th December 2018), Elen (11th December 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    BOOoOOO!!!!

Re-open the Q thread!!!
    What is the purpose of your presence?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (11th December 2018), modwiz (11th December 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Why do you want it open, donk?

I'm just curious.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    Being a little dramatic, but I would like to get that perspective/mindset contained in one place

I understand if y’all don’t want to, I just certainly hate looking other places for it
    What is the purpose of your presence?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Chris (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,101 Times in 11,916 Posts
    Thank God those threads were shut down...that bonehead sh*t was really bugging me. Those are not 'normal' people, they are the dregs of a subculture that have not even the barest sense of reality! But my Lord they are so special. lol! To listen to their unrighteous indignation is to listen and SEE the definition of personality disorder.

It is why even professional psychologists can't get through to people like that, they are so immersed in themselves that nothing else permeates. Even on Bizarro Earth there was a phantom zone that misanthropes could be projected to...usually for eternity.

Though it pained me to do so...I even put Aianawa's designated hate thread on ignore (Park Here) but Matt Kahn is still rocking the show...but now that I think about I'm wondering about the channel thread...Heaven Forbid, Aianawa has gone to the dark side forever.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 11th December 2018 at 11:39.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Chris (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Thank God those threads were shut down...that bonehead sh*t was really bugging me. Those are not 'normal' people, they are the dregs of a subculture that have not even the barest sense of reality! But my Lord they are so special. lol! To listen to their unrighteous indignation is to listen and SEE the definition of personality disorder.

It is why even professional psychologists can't get through to people like that, they are so immersed in themselves that nothing else permeates. Even on Bizarro Earth there was a phantom zone that misanthropes could be projected to...usually for eternity.
    The above is proof enough that the far left is every bit as likely to shut down perceived distasteful speech as the far right. Given unlimited power, the next step along the lines of such thinking is to begin the roundup of said undesirables.

The 1ST Amendment Right of free speech here in the States was initiated *precisely* to protect speech many may find distasteful, including yours here NAP.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Chris (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018), Melidae (11th December 2018), Wind (11th December 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post

Though it pained me to do so...I even put Aianawa's designated hate thread on ignore (Park Here) but Matt Kahn is still rocking the show...but now that I think about I'm wondering about the channel thread...Heaven Forbid, Aianawa has gone to the dark side forever.
    I don't entirely disagree, but we must keep a balance between free speech and censoring what amounts to rabble-rousing and hate-speech. I myself was also somewhat sympathetic towards the alt-right, before Trump and Brexit made that intellectual position untenable. I moved on, but many people haven't and you can't blame them for being a bit slow to realise how reality has shifted around them.

I think we should accept that people absorb information and realise truths at a very different pace. I'm sure a lot of the alt-right types will be deeply embarrassed about the views they used to hold and the people they used to support ten years from now. Some people will probably never see the truth about these things and that may not be their fault entirely.

There are dark forces at work in the background and they employ brainwashing and mind control to achieve their aims. It is hardly the fault of the brainwashed and mind controlled that they think and see the world the way they do. This applies to religious people as well, BTW. Also, this isn't exclusive to the right, the left is very good at this too, if you'd heard about a little thing called communism...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    Being a little dramatic, but I would like to get that perspective/mindset contained in one place

I understand if y’all don’t want to, I just certainly hate looking other places for it
    I mean, I understand not wanting this forum to be associated with the ideas and producers of such “information”, but it’s practically impossible and possible morally problematic to quash it entirely.

Whether you’re part of this EXTREMELY tiny but very loud crowd that thinks there’s wisdom or value (besides self incrimination and revelation of character) to Trump’s behavior and communication...or those of us who believe he is who he shows himself to be and his tweets are free association and no where near coded messages, it can’t hurt to see how it gets twisted. The mental acrobatics required to keep the narrative going (I would say coherent but I can say that’s true) are at a level never before seen on this arena...and we’ve been through 8 years of the PNAC/Iran-Contra criminals pulling Dim Dubya’s strings

So the thread is called “park it here”...why not just use it as that one “free speech zone”, and slide the new (even semi-) related threads right on over. It doesn’t need to have a flow, just let them post and keep it contained. Hopefully it will allow for a little conversation, I do enjoy get insight on what people with such a completely different mindset think...and they get whatever they get out of spreading the “drops” and interpretations of what the “Don” REALLY meant when he spews words on twitter and speeches

The way things are going for him, Donny is gonna have to go to Q to ‘splain himself if it keeps going the way it has. You can only double down on lies and projections so long before you started sounding as unhinged as that (teeny tiny) crowd

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018), Wind (11th December 2018)

Thanks
    Hate speech and propaganda ... here we go again... are not free... If one wants to discuss unhappy topics with a modicum of decency, I might not like it but I'm all for it. I will discuss...

What goes on here is akin to Fascist propaganda...Honestly Fred, does that truly fit in to your definition of 'FREE speech'. Judgment man, judgment...If we abandon basic social principles then we are no longer anything worth preserving, we are animals...base Darwinistic animals...For God's sake, use the sense God gave you, man.

Do we grant the right to the raving lunatic to stand in the middle of a road and scream "The End is Nigh!" or to give a podium to those that would proselytize about the descendants of King whoever are out to get him.

Do we not draw lines between right and wrong. This is my problem...that some people just don't seem to understand the meaning of free speech AND that I find offensive, not my posts. Fred, you find my posts offensive? Explain why and how I am violating the basic principles of common decency and I will be glad to cease and desist in hopes that you will find me less offensive. But make sure that any complaints that you level at me due to my posts start with the dictate that what I posted is not true or even debatable. If you find them debatable then let's debate and get to the 'real' truth.

As for you, all I've ever done is ask questions that you seem unwilling to answer or even consider...while that may not be offensive it is something quite annoying when you b*tch...if you can't hang just admit it and move on to the next person.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018), Wind (11th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    I meant just that one post Adam, not all of your posts. Sorry for the somewhat sloppy way I put that, as I can see how it can also be taken the way you took it.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    apologies...Fred, I think you are a very decent human being. I admit I post in extreme language sometimes...just for maximum impact. But in truth, I look for balance...we need balance...If there were equivalent Left wing propagandists and liars and rabble rousers regurgitating all over this forum I might not find it as motivating to counter but I would. There is a staunch lefty that I work with...We actually agree on most things but at the heart of it we want different outcomes...I want peace and harmony, he wants blood...Trump's blood...I'd be satisfied that people see Trump for what he is and what he stands for and reject it (like you have actually). I am always coming down on him about his 'negative' attitude. He doesn't hear a word I say.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th December 2018), Aragorn (12th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Indeed balance is important, such was the words n oral wisdoms suppressed back in time that still today we seek the truth n knowing of yesteryear.

Indeed I do not read certain threads here, not interested n not wishing to annoy those interested plus usually they wish no debate and have said so, spose that was the imporatance for myself creating another thread to talk about, debate or despise, hoping the Park Here thread would be respected.

I have let a Mod know that I did not really create the Q thread entirely for myself but for someone to take it over, which happened in time.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts

Statement

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Indeed I do not read certain threads here, not interested n not wishing to annoy those interested plus usually they wish no debate and have said so, spose that was the imporatance for myself creating another thread to talk about, debate or despise, hoping the Park Here thread would be respected.

I have let a Mod know that I did not really create the Q thread entirely for myself but for someone to take it over, which happened in time.
    Just for the record, the staff has no objections against the QAnon material being posted here in and of itself.

All staff members are firmly convinced that the QAnon phenomenon is nothing but a live-action role-playing game, instigated by Trump fans from within the ICT sector, who have themselves now pushed their little game too far to still back out of it, and who have themselves become addicted to the cult they've created. All honest research, as well as a confession by a former member of this QAnon team, have so far confirmed that this is what's really playing out — pun not intended — behind this phenomenon.

But by the same token, everyone is entitled to their beliefs, and if the pertinent posts had been limited to only the raw QAnon updates, then there wouldn't have been any problem. But that was definitely not the case here. The material was being presented...:

• in an eye-catching billboard style, with loud, shouting fonts and colors;
    • accompanied by quoted articles — with many photos and videos — from exclusively far-right and alt-right sources; and
    • with an unmistakable undertone of political propaganda.

There is a distinct difference between information and propaganda, and the way that the material was being presented here was cultish propaganda, not information.

Furthermore — and in spite of all of turiya's disclaimers — the alt-right vantage is inseparable from xenophobia, intolerance, prejudice and hate speech. And these traits were not just to be found within the propaganda on the QAnon thread, but were also spreading to other threads here on the forum, and even formed the very basis of the "The Invasion" thread — as some have already said, the name of that thread was in itself enough of a statement of intolerance and prejudice. And to then make it all even worse, this alt-right vantage also began manifesting itself in the social behavior of certain members, both toward the staff and toward other members. In fact, all warnings from the staff toward the perpetrators of this propaganda were being ignored and even tacitly belittled.

All of the above is why those threads were closed. This kind of situation is extremely unhealthy on any forum, plus that — as we've already had to state ad nauseam in this matter — the staff of The One Truth will not allow this forum to be abused for any kind of propaganda, least of all propaganda of the US American political far-right persuasion.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th December 2018), Chris (12th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018), Wind (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    My gosh, because your rite does not make it rite

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Just for the record, the staff has no objections against the QAnon material being posted here in and of itself.

All staff members are firmly convinced that the QAnon phenomenon is nothing but a live-action role-playing game, instigated by Trump fans from within the ICT sector, who have themselves now pushed their little game too far to still back out of it, and who have themselves become addicted to the cult they've created. All honest research, as well as a confession by a former member of this QAnon team, have so far confirmed that this is what's really playing out — pun not intended — behind this phenomenon.

But by the same token, everyone is entitled to their beliefs, and if the pertinent posts had been limited to only the raw QAnon updates, then there wouldn't have been any problem. But that was definitely not the case here. The material was being presented...:

• accompanied by quoted articles — with many photos and videos — from exclusively far-right and alt-right sources; and

There is a distinct difference between information and propaganda, and the way that the material was being presented here was cultish propaganda, not information.

Furthermore — and in spite of all of turiya's disclaimers — the alt-right vantage is inseparable from xenophobia, intolerance, prejudice and hate speech. And these traits were not just to be found within the propaganda on the QAnon thread, but were also spreading to other threads here on the forum, and even formed the very basis of the "The Invasion" thread — as some have already said, the name of that thread was in itself enough of a statement of intolerance and prejudice. And to then make it all even worse, this alt-right vantage also began manifesting itself in the social behavior of certain members, both toward the staff and toward other members. In fact, all warnings from the staff toward the perpetrators of this propaganda were being ignored and even tacitly belittled.

All of the above is why those threads were closed. This kind of situation is extremely unhealthy on any forum, plus that — as we've already had to state ad nauseam in this matter — the staff of The One Truth will not allow this forum to be abused for any kind of propaganda, least of all propaganda of the US American political far-right persuasion.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

My gosh, because your rite does not make it rite
    Oh yes, it most certainly does. You may have fallen for that QAnon LARP — and that is your prerogative — but you are not the one bearing responsibility for this forum, whether in terms of maintaining the peace around here or whether in terms of what this forum represents. It is our job as staff members to watch over this forum, and we are not going to sacrifice this green Shire just so a few members would be able to get their fix of Sauron's poison.

If you want to stay apprised of QAnon updates, then you can either log on at 8Chan — where they hang out — or go to that site where all of the QAnon messagess can be found, as per the link that turiya included in all of his posts. And if you want to copy that stuff and post it here, then be my guest. But then post only the QAnon messages — preferably without using elephant-sized fonts and/or obnoxious colors — and not the alt-right propaganda from the likes of Zero Hedge or from bigoted YouTubers.

I've said what I needed to say on this matter, and I don't think I could possibly have worded it any clearer than I already have.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (12th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Kathy (12th December 2018), Wind (12th December 2018)