Page 37 of 206 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839404787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2018), Aragorn (19th June 2018), Dreamtimer (19th June 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (21st June 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I've earned three badges now.

(it has been implied I would turn a blind eye, that I take sides, and that I'm brainwashed)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2018), Aragorn (21st June 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (21st June 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2018), Wind (21st June 2018)

Thanks
    Since this is off-topic for the thread where Mr. Scott Adams came up I'll post it here.

Of Trump, he wrote: “There is an eerie consistency to his success so far. Is there a method to it? ... Probably yes. Allow me to describe some of the hypnosis and persuasion methods Mr. Trump has employed on you.”

Hypnosis controls the mind to the point that people do things they aren't aware of and sometimes can't recall.

Scott Adams offers up: ‘access to the admin passwords for human beings.’ 

Access to admin passwords certainly can be called mind control.

This is a man who says that his written words can bring people to orgasm. That's pretty good mind control.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 30th June 2018 at 23:11. Reason: use Scott Adams' full name

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2018), Aragorn (21st June 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (22nd June 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2018)

Thanks
    Adams paints a dim picture of human rationality. Rather than using facts and logic to make decisions, he maintains, most of us decide based on emotion and various illogical heuristics. Human beings are “moist robots” who can be reprogrammed by “master persuaders.” Adams also believes that “mass delusions are the norm.” Among the drivers of human decision-making are reality filters like confirmation bias, with which we interpret new data to uphold what we already believe. “Confirmation bias isn’t an occasional bug in our human operating system,” Adams writes. “It is the operating system.” We also tend to elevate in importance whatever we’re paying attention to, which helps explain the power of the media, which can’t necessarily tell us what to believe but can move certain issues to the top of the agenda. Trump won in part because he made his issues—the border wall, for example—a focus of the debate.

This makes it so easy to just ignore people and pretend they're the ones who are mind-controlled. Nice trick.

Leads to a serious lack of dialogue though.

Dialogue isn't what Mr. Adams is interested in. He wants persuasion that programs the moist robots.

He has their admin codes.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st June 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (22nd June 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2018), Wind (21st June 2018)

Thanks
    lolololololol kekekekekekek

Speaking of headlines...

Religious leaders, former judges asks DC to revoke Trump Hotel's liquor license due to president's 'lack of good character'

Documentation here.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st June 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (22nd June 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th June 2018)

Thanks
    I understand how it goes. People don't like their spells being broken.

For instance: Who's talking about the Parkland students in the alternative community other than to call them some kind of fake and controlled? That's the spell. That's what needs to be believed. Badly.

How is that creative or interesting? It isn't. But it is very emotional and triggering.

So when it turns out that a sea change is occurring and young people are getting active like they haven't since the 80's, people under their comfortable spells will miss it.

They'll think it's fake.

And they'll be sideswiped when it happens, off guard, disbelieving, and vulnerable to incitement.

It's an old game.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (1st July 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2018), Wind (1st July 2018)

Thanks
    yeah, that's some good thinkin' there DT...the enlightened crowd would call it 'deep insight' into the truth and then you would be declared awakened and no longer a dutiful sheeple... IF, you were conjuring images of a red-eyed and horned Obama as you were speaking your truth...otherwise it wouldn't count for sh*t.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dreamtimer (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (1st July 2018)

Thanks
    I got a lifetime of "Oh honey, we should have listened to you" under my belt.

When the damage is already done, the nice words come too little too late. So I won't be waiting around for them.

It is what it is.

Even though the two 'clubs' are supposed to be a hoax, I'm still not in the right one. (ha ha, that's punny)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (1st July 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2018)

Thanks

Group Think

This is a story about a conversation from a handful of years ago.

I was out west to help my brother celebrate his birthday. We were at our house, sitting around the dining room table with some friends.

They began to discuss an incident that they thought was outrageous. It went like this:

A young lady was in college. Her parents were well off, were footing the bill without any financial aid and they were demanding she major in the subject of their choice. She had wanted an artsy kind of major, they wanted her in a money-major.

So she did as they asked. She majored in the subject they wanted, did reasonably well and was on her way to graduating.

During her last semester the parents somehow found out that she had gotten a second major that they didn't know about. They were incensed.

How dare she go against their will? They were paying the bills. How dare she defy them?

So they decided to yank her out of college and not allow her to graduate.

And then the unthinkable happened.

The university decided to cover tuition for her last semester.

How dare they? The parents were infuriated and told their daughter that they weren't going to pay for her housing and she was going to be out of luck.

And the university said they'd cover her housing as well.

To a person, everyone at the table was outraged and kept repeating the same question:

How dare the university take away the rights of the parents?!!

I was confused. What rights? The parents got their money back. The daughter is not underage. The university can spend it's money as it chooses.

So I asked, "What rights?"

The answers I received generally were just repeating the phrase "take away the rights of the parents".

I asked if she was underage. Nope.

So how was the university taking away any rights?

At this point my brother got up from the table, said "You can't tell me...pfftt!" He literally made that sound, waved dismissively and walked out of the room.

So I said, "Well that's interesting. My brother has just walked out on me saying I can't tell him something when I'm not saying anything, I'm just trying to understand what rights are being taken."

One person at the table decided to listen to my questions.

What was the student's GPA? Did she have a job offer? Did she have an offer for graduate school?

How did the parents not manage to notice paying for the extra credits? They're paying all the bills as they keep emphasizing.

Did she earn the credits herself through hard work?

Did she pull the wool over her parents' eyes and get them to pay without noticing?

Nobody had any clue. No answers.

The parents got their money back. The girl is an adult. The university clearly believes she's a good investment or they wouldn't cover housing and tuition. Universities don't have money lying around to just do whatever with. She will be an alumna, and will be a much more likely source of future financial support than the parents. It makes perfect sense for the university to invest in her.

The response I got was, "I see what you're saying. I just don't agree with you."

This from one member of a couple who run their own business and know all about investing. I looked at the other spouse and saw that classic blank face.

I've seen it so many times. No acknowledgment, no response.

But an hour, day, week, month or year later that person will be repeating the exact same words only as if it were their idea all along.

Group think. From successful, supposedly smart people. Definitely wealthy.

Emotions get in the way of clear thinking. Very easily.

Oh, and I can add that a couple years later, when the time came for their children to be in school and the university was willing to offer financial help they were only too happy to take it.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (1st July 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2018), Kathy (11th July 2018), modwiz (1st July 2018)

Thanks
    Don't know if this is real...I just watched the 1st portion but it is weird

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Kathy (11th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Good quality information produces good quality (personal & societal) decisions, I hope.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (2nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2018), Kathy (11th July 2018)

Thanks
    yeah, man's ultimate destiny...

rather like law-enforcement however...

the smarter the good guy gets, the smarter the bad guy gets...Yeah, that's kind of backwards but one gets the idea...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Kathy (11th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I've earned three badges now.

(it has been implied I would turn a blind eye, that I take sides, and that I'm brainwashed)
    where are those earned?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (2nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2018), Kathy (11th July 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I got a lifetime of "Oh honey, we should have listened to you" under my belt.

When the damage is already done, the nice words come too little too late. So I won't be waiting around for them.

It is what it is.

Even though the two 'clubs' are supposed to be a hoax, I'm still not in the right one. (ha ha, that's punny)
    I kind of know what you mean about feeling no one listens
    Examples are so numerous for people who can observe and make logical conclusions.

Lately people I know are having numerous gut issues and I am sure it all goes to the need to reintroduce microorganisms missing AND let there be a healthy relationship the BUGS themselves have to create over some time
    And we need to stop poisoning them

I have always known that we need to have an environment which allows us to contact LOTS of microorganisms
    I have always known that superbugs are a result of wiping out the balance of microorganisms.

PEOPLE ARE MICROROGANISMS IN A GROUP.
    It's the ground stupid.

No one listens to me.

Maybe this is also a metaphor for how war does not allow the healthy work out of macro organisms
    I think the reason the concept like the United Nations was infiltrated and made useless is that WAR is the profiteer's cow.
    If we don't let that cow breed, they lose all the milk.

If only we realized that cow should remain a very tiny little pet that may tustle one on one in the dirt when someone feels a snit.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (2nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2018), Kathy (11th July 2018), modwiz (1st July 2018)

Thanks
    this is exactly what I think is valid as to the present chaos

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5fNgr-eDQk

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd August 2018), Elen (2nd July 2018), Kathy (11th July 2018)