Page 71 of 206 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3083

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Even I consider this a questionable post but here goes:

There is a 6-part documentary on Netflix called 'Wild Wild Country'. It's about the Osho 'cult'. The lady that ran the organization is called 'evil' by the Oregon state attorney. I have worked with a number of Indian women, one of whom was very very sexy...we were friends... My Gandhi buddy called her shameless, duplicitous, and dishonest. My sister-in-law and several other acquaintances could only be described as 'vicious'. Is that a common characteristic or is it just my 'impression'. I am COMPLETELY open to other impressions or experiences. Any thoughts?
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2019), Elen (3rd March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    On the Osho thang: There are scenes in the documentary about 'all-out sex orgies', beatings, therapeutic scream fests, uncontrolled physical and emotional orgiastic tantrums. Of course, that has therapeutic effects, but I'm not sure I would recommend it to my neighbors...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019)

(account terminated) England
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    On the Osho thang: There are scenes in the documentary about 'all-out sex orgies', beatings, therapeutic scream fests, uncontrolled physical and emotional orgiastic tantrums. Of course, that has therapeutic effects, but I'm not sure I would recommend it to my neighbors...
    I was going to buy a book on The Genesis of the Cosmos .
    Give me one or two insights as I might now rather subscribe to Nitflux . Can you tell me whether orgiastic tantrums are legal or contagious ? Would I need to buy any special equipment ?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christopher For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    special equipment is always optional. Orgiastic tantrums are likely legal but one must be careful because it could be contagious. And if determined so, one could be charged with being a public health menace. We only have to recall Typhoid Mary!
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 19th March 2019 at 10:39.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2019), Dreamtimer (18th March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    special equipment is always optional. Orgiastic tantrums are likely legal but one must be careful because it could be contagious. And if determined so, one could be charged with being a public health menace. We only have to recall Typoid Mary!
    Wasn't she the one with the broken spell checker?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (10th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019), modwiz (2nd March 2019)

Thanks
    Amen to that...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2019), Dreamtimer (10th March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    Well, here I am again relating the drama that is part and parcel of my life...

My niece here in the Houston area did a DNA test...23 and me, to get medical information for her kids and new grandkids. My brother became a father at age 15 and got married to her mother at 16. They were divorced a year later after their home was destroyed by a tornado. They split insurance money and their marriage.

Anyway, it turns out my brother is not her biological father (which I sorta figured since 1973 and now it is confirmed). I know her biological father quite well and confronted him about this possibility in 1973. I was good friends with the brothers in the family, my brother was not. He doesn't know yet, so it is a current 'family' secret. My niece and I talked to my sister-in-law (is it possible to follow all this) about getting DNA tests for my brother or their kids. She finally decided to try one of their kids to keep the secret. We are all afraid that my brother will be devastated by the news.

I suggested my sister-in-law try her son (my nephew) to resolve some other issues. She decided on her daughter which kind of surprised me because I thought she would be reluctant to test their daughter because her sister once told me there was some 'uncertainty' about my niece...my sister-in-law...paternity. Oy Vey. Forget to mention my nephew whose mother didn't want to test him because she was afraid what he would find out about his kids.

But anyway, I suggested one of them to resolve the possibility that my brother is not my biological brother...our adoptive family's story has always been that we were bio-brothers with the same mothers. But, it seems there might be some 'confusion' as to who is what in our bio families line. The photo I put up of my 'Sicilian' forebears now seems could be a coincidental resemblance. My supposed biological father would have been 100% sicilian so for my daughter to have only 2% Sardinian genetics seems unlikely because I would be approximately 50%.

My daughter has more 'Native American/Mexican' ancestry than her mother so logic would dictate that she got 'some' from me...

Her closest bio match on Ancestry.com is an individual that has about 8% Native American while predominately Northern European (German) but is not related to the maternal side which is mostly Northern European...My daughter and I are pretty sure that my mother was Northern European (my daughter is 35%) but we are in a quandary about the paternal side. My suspected paternal lineage matches much more closely what my brother's and my actual life skills reflect. If my possible father actually is my father then he matches both of us...wrestler, golden gloves boxing coach, Chairman of the Nebraska Boxing Athletic Commission (and an employee of AT&T), basketball playing relatives, etc. (My brother was voted the best athlete in his high school graduating class and he didn't even graduate because he got married)

Wind's astrology guy says that March is going to be 'crazy'. For Whatever Its Worth: this astrological craziness is taking place in my 5th house, which surprise surprise, rules 'relationships with children'
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 8th March 2019 at 14:25.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th March 2019), Dreamtimer (8th March 2019), Elen (9th March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019), Wind (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    I once read an article regarding a study done in England where it was determined that a full 30% of children were not the products of their biological parents. Incidentally, it wasn't conducted in a red light district. I remarked to a female friend that there are species of birds that do better than that.

I am thinking that we have more in common with bonobos than chimpanzees.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th March 2019), Dreamtimer (8th March 2019), Elen (9th March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    I once read an article regarding a study done in England where it was determined that a full 30% of children were not the products of their biological parents. Incidentally, it wasn't conducted in a red light district. I remarked to a female friend that there are species of birds that do better than that.

I am thinking that we have more in common with bonobos than chimpanzees.
    Why are you so angry and full of hate ?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    Brilliant riposte, Christopher...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2019), Dreamtimer (10th March 2019), Elen (11th March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    What's the name of the tactic that gets personal instead of addressing the issue at hand? Oh yeah, shoot the messenger. It's part of the long list of fallacies.

Argument to authority is another fav in this community.

I'm personally quite used to it at this point, though I do miss actual thoughtful commentary at times.

Fallacious arguments are boring.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2019), Elen (11th March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    What's the name of the tactic that gets personal instead of addressing the issue at hand?
    It's called "ad hominem".
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (10th March 2019), Elen (11th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019), Wind (11th March 2019)

Thanks
    Our best current role model for projection is Trump. He's playing to his base. They project their fears outwards. He projects big league. They love it.

When people project then they're not responsible for what they do because the opposition is so guilty, it's really somehow their fault.

Unfortunately that ends up a devil's bargain. Because what goes around, comes around.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th March 2019), Elen (11th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019), Wind (11th March 2019)

Thanks
    I just discovered that Tucker Carlson's name can be rearranged to spell something different:

Ol' Cracker Nuts.

That's just gut-bustin' funny.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th March 2019), Elen (17th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th March 2019), Wind (18th March 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I just discovered that Tucker Carlson's name can be rearranged to spell something different:Ol' Cracker Nuts.That's just gut-bustin' funny.

But can you laugh at yourselves ?
    I have just discovered that the name of this Forum can be rearranged to spell Monkey House .
    That's also just gut- bustin' funny

On reflection it's funnier .
    Symbolically and in the post modernistic sense perhaps . With links to PAL's important thoughts relating to bio- diversity and the wonders of God's creation .
    And I have a friend who plans to join us . A humble and reserved Trappist monk with philosophical links to ISIS .
    Last edited by Christopher, 17th March 2019 at 13:09.