Page 98 of 206 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3079

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I thought Daniel Jackson had the key to Ascension... (sorry, just watched some Stargate SG1)

Antigravity is very easy in dreams. Our perceptions as physical beings would make antigravity very difficult to navigate. I don't think it would be the same as floating. And there is so much in the way of micro-gravity and other forces. Anti gravity would have or maybe cause a lot of interference.

Not that I'm a physicist or anything...
    From the vantage of actual physics, anti-gravity would literally consist of neutralizing the curvature of spacetime created by objects with mass. Or otherwise put, anti-gravity technology would be warping spacetime back into a shape similar and equivalent to what it would be like if the object with mass responsible for gravity were not present, because that's what gravity is: it's a warping of spacetime.

Furthermore, celestial bodies like asteroids, moons, planets, stars, solar systems, galaxies and black holes are not just warping spacetime by way of gravity, but also by way of their rotation, which causes an effect called frame-dragging, which was predicted by Albert Einstein and proven to be factual by way of the data gathered by the two Gravity Probes that were sent up in the early 2000s, specifically so as to verify whether Einstein's predictions were correct. And they were.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (28th February 2020), Dreamtimer (28th February 2020), Elen (29th February 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th February 2020), Wind (28th February 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Do you think any kind of antigravity would work? I'm skeptical. I feel like it's as unlikely as trying to get my body to work without blood flow.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th February 2020), Chris (28th February 2020), Elen (29th February 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th February 2020)

Thanks
    Do you think any kind of antigravity would work? I'm skeptical. I feel like it's as unlikely as trying to get my body to work without blood flow.
    I do think that it's possible to bend spacetime, and therefore, to counter the effects of gravity. However I also think that humanity isn't quite there yet. There is yet a lot to be learned about the nature of spacetime, and the currently used calculations on account of what it would take to bend spacetime are all geared towards huge amounts of something of which we don't even know whether it exists or not, i.e. negative energy.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (28th February 2020), Dreamtimer (28th February 2020), Elen (29th February 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th February 2020), Wind (28th February 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    From the vantage of actual physics, anti-gravity would literally consist of neutralizing the curvature of spacetime created by objects with mass. Or otherwise put, anti-gravity technology would be warping spacetime back into a shape similar and equivalent to what it would be like if the object with mass responsible for gravity were not present, because that's what gravity is: it's a warping of spacetime.

Furthermore, celestial bodies like asteroids, moons, planets, stars, solar systems, galaxies and black holes are not just warping spacetime by way of gravity, but also by way of their rotation, which causes an effect called frame-dragging, which was predicted by Albert Einstein and proven to be factual by way of the data gathered by the two Gravity Probes that were sent up in the early 2000s, specifically so as to verify whether Einstein's predictions were correct. And they were.
    I think it's more complex than that. Haven't read any physics books lately, but if I recall, the gravitational effect is actually caused by graviton particles. Yes, the root cause of the emission of graviton particles is the bending of the fabric of spacetime, but the direct observable effects of gravity are the work of the graviton particles themselves. It is possible, at least theoretically, that there are anti-graviton particles, just as there is antimatter, hence if you could create anti-graviton emissions, the effect would be negative gravity.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th February 2020), Dreamtimer (28th February 2020), Elen (29th February 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th February 2020), Wind (28th February 2020)

Thanks
    ...and some kind of anti-gravity explosion, or implosion. I doubt our ability to control such things.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th February 2020), Chris (28th February 2020), Elen (29th February 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th February 2020), Wind (28th February 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I do think that it's possible to bend spacetime, and therefore, to counter the effects of gravity. However I also think that humanity isn't quite there yet. There is yet a lot to be learned about the nature of spacetime, and the currently used calculations on account of what it would take to bend spacetime are all geared towards huge amounts of something of which we don't even know whether it exists or not, i.e. negative energy.

I think it's more complex than that. Haven't read any physics books lately, but if I recall, the gravitational effect is actually caused by graviton particles. Yes, the root cause of the emission of graviton particles is the bending of the fabric of spacetime, but the direct observable effects of gravity are the work of the graviton particles themselves. It is possible, at least theoretically, that there are anti-graviton particles, just as there is antimatter, hence if you could create anti-graviton emissions, the effect would be negative gravity.
    Actually, no, that's not really correct. The existence of the graviton is purely speculative, and was proposed by quantum physicists as a possible way of unifying Quantum Mechanics with Einstein's General Relativity. Both Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity do a perfect job of describing reality, but at the same time they are mutually incompatible, because Quantum Mechanics entails that space-time would be flat ─ as opposed to that it would be curved, as per Einstein's General Relativity.

But so far, no gravitons have ever been detected, whether directly or indirectly, and it isn't even certain what they would look like if they do exist. One possible train of thought was that the Higgs boson might have been one and the same thing as the graviton, and personally, I felt that the idea had some merit, but inasmuch I know, that idea seems to have been dropped again.

Also, there are particles that are their own anti-particles, and therefore, that behave in the exact same manner either way. Like I said, there is yet a lot to be discovered in that field, and so I think we're still a long, long way from developing any kind of anti-gravity. But I do think it's possible.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (28th February 2020), Dreamtimer (29th February 2020), Elen (29th February 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th February 2020), Wind (28th February 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    I thought Daniel Jackson had the key to Ascension... (sorry, just watched some Stargate SG1)

Antigravity is very easy in dreams. Our perceptions as physical beings would make antigravity very difficult to navigate. I don't think it would be the same as floating. And there is so much in the way of micro-gravity and other forces. Anti gravity would have or maybe cause a lot of interference.

Not that I'm a physicist or anything...
    I really love that show.

I'm convinced that some of it is based on fact and their depiction of ascended beings is crazily accurate.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th February 2020), Dreamtimer (29th February 2020), Elen (29th February 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th February 2020), Wind (28th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    I do wonder if humans actually have been able to reverse-engineer ET technology. Of course there is no way of confirming that.

I loved Stargate SG1 too, as cheesy as it may have been. Best opening theme ever!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th February 2020), Chris (28th February 2020), Dreamtimer (29th February 2020), Elen (29th February 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th February 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I do wonder if humans actually have been able to reverse-engineer ET technology. Of course there is no way of confirming that.

I loved Stargate SG1 too, as cheesy as it may have been. Best opening theme ever!
    Some of the Alex Jones crazy stuff may be less crazy than most people think. There is probably some sort of technology transfer going on between interdimensional entities and various human secret projects.

I forget the project's name, but apparently the Jodie Foster movie, Contact, is based on fact, particularly in terms of the actual shape of the device that is used in the movie.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th February 2020), Dreamtimer (29th February 2020), Elen (29th February 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th February 2020), Wind (28th February 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Well, cmon' people, we have to get it right, of course...if we intend to make the ascendance leap
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th February 2020), Chris (29th February 2020), Dreamtimer (29th February 2020), Elen (29th February 2020), Wind (29th February 2020)

Thanks
    Daniel had to believe in himself.

The ascended beings resembled the angelic Kosh from Babylon 5.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th February 2020), Chris (29th February 2020), Elen (1st March 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th February 2020), Wind (29th February 2020)

Thanks
    For Whatever It's Worth:

Gravity waves have been detected:

"Gravitons are to gravitational waves the theoretical analogue of photons for electromagnetic waves. ... At the moment quantization of gravity can be accommodated in string theories, which are at the frontier of research for particle physics. The standard model involves only the three other forces , not the gravitational."

- somebody -

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th February 2020), Chris (29th February 2020), Dreamtimer (1st March 2020), Elen (1st March 2020), Wind (29th February 2020)

Thanks
    I can't remember if I've posted this before but it is a movie filmed in my hometown...I actually played groupie with JoBeth Williams and Terry Kinney in a local bar during the filming: Me being me, I was giving 'the Preacher' a ration of poopoo regarding his status as an actor...he was very good natured about it....

Murder Ordained:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-db70Zf-5A

You should watch this, it is actually interesting...small town everybody knows everybody...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKYunoL_q4w

During the filming I got a ticket by the state trooper that was Carradine's character...the movie was getting to this cop because he was a state trooper and he gave me a ticket on a side street in town.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th February 2020), Dreamtimer (1st March 2020), Elen (1st March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Turkey's moronic dictator is trying to steer EU into crisis with migrants:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europ...eporting-story

Personally I have nothing against immigrants when immigration is done properly and sanely, but the EU can't just take millions of people suddenly. The 2015 wave already caused a lot of fighting amongst Europeans and it made racist right wing bigots gain more political power, even here in Finland. Humanitarian help is always a different case, but this kind of blackmailing is sickening. Meanwhile Turkey is bombing the shit out of the kurds and killing people in Syria. Worst nations on the planet at the moment are USA, China, Turkey and Russia. I'm just not sure of the order.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th March 2020), Dreamtimer (12th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (7th March 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Turkey's moronic dictator is trying to steer EU into crisis with migrants:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europ...eporting-story

Personally I have nothing against immigrants when immigration is done properly and sanely, but the EU can't just take millions of people suddenly. The 2015 wave already caused a lot of fighting amongst Europeans and it made racist right wing bigots gain more political power, even here in Finland. Humanitarian help is always a different case, but this kind of blackmailing is sickening. Meanwhile Turkey is bombing the shit out of the kurds and killing people in Syria. Worst nations on the planet at the moment are USA, China, Turkey and Russia. I'm just not sure of the order.
    I would include Saudi Arabia in that list, Brother.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (12th March 2020), Emil El Zapato (7th March 2020), Wind (7th March 2020)