Page 8 of 206 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    In the Voices of the Forums videos, you've been hearing me speak with a North American accent, and that has been my natural way of speaking English for the last ~30 years or so, but up until then, I had an unmistakable Oxford English pronunciation. And in the meantime, I've also learned how to speak...

• Aussie English;
    • South African English (in two different accents);
    • Scottish English (in two different accents);
    • Irish English;
    • Central African English (even though my skin color would of course give me away);
    • German English (great for making fun of the Nazis from television );
    • Russian English;
    • Flemish English (which is an absolutely horrible accent );
    • Arnold Schwarzenegger's Austrian English ;
    • French English ("'Allo 'Allo!"); and
    • a bit of rastafari English (I do a great impression of King Willie from "Predator 2" ).

lol couldn't resist.
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s18iJFNg6bEf
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s0Zr3tbxKqLZ
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s0baRBBqu6Zh
    I don't have a microphone attached to this computer.

Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    How about Cockney rhyming slang? Maybe the next you learn?
    I used to be able to speak Cockney too, yes — albeit without the rhyming thing — but that was a very long time ago, back when my main English was still Oxford. I haven't spoken any Cockney anymore since, and there's a good chance that if I were to try, it would quickly shift into Aussie English. This is a quite normal neurological phenomenon among people who speak multiple languages, especially if those languages are very similar.

I do indeed speak multiple languages — i.e. English, Dutch, Afrikaans, French, a bit of German, and a few words/phrases in Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Russian — but given that we're talking of multiple different dialects of the same language, this crossover effect is very real in my case.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th December 2017), Elen (18th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2017), Wind (18th December 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts

I used to be able to speak Cockney too, yes — albeit without the rhyming thing — but that was a very long time ago, back when my main English was still Oxford. I haven't spoken any Cockney anymore since, and there's a good chance that if I were to try, it would quickly shift into Aussie English. This is a quite normal neurological phenomenon among people who speak multiple languages, especially if those languages are very similar.

I do indeed speak multiple languages — i.e. English, Dutch, Afrikaans, French, a bit of German, and a few words/phrases in Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Russian — but given that we're talking of multiple different dialects of the same language, this crossover effect is very real in my case.
    I speak spaghetti Italian, taco Spanish (really Mexican) and I suppose ‘rice taffle’ Dutch...I was going to say ‘olle bollen’ but it would probably gross out Dreamy and I don’t eat ‘em anyway.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2017), Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Elen (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2017)

Thanks
    I was going to say ‘olle bollen’ but it would probably gross out Dreamy and I don’t eat ‘em anyway.
    Do you mean "oliebollen"? They're nice, but quite heavy on the stomach.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th December 2017), Elen (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2017)

Thanks
    Yes, the Dutch oil balls ‘Christmas Treat’

...but only the Dutch speakers really know about it.

I should have said Gouda Dutch, but I hate the way English speakers mangle the pronunciation of it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2017), Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Elen (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2017)

Thanks
    Yes, the Dutch oil balls ‘Christmas Treat’

...but only the Dutch speakers really know about it.

I should have said Gouda Dutch, but I hate the way English speakers mangle the pronunciation of it.
    Well, Gouda is quite a different thing — it is a very popular cheese, even here in Belgium.

And by the way, we Belgians eat "oliebollen" too, but not at Christmas. You often find them at a market stall during one of the weekly markets, and you'll typically also find them whenever there's a fair in town. Just follow the smell.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th December 2017), Elen (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2017), Wind (18th December 2017)

Thanks
    yup, us Americans pronounce it 'Goo-da' cheese...makes my inner Dutchman cringe.

...by the way, I like Zwarte Piet. I guess that makes me a Christmas racist?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwarte_Piet

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2017), Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Elen (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (19th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts

I be speaking American, in several different dialects...Hick, which is quite natural for me, street/ghetto, and an approximation of Midwestern tech business. All very badly...

Oh yeah, and a touch of Joisey...you all have hoid my Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2017), Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th December 2017), Elen (19th December 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I be speaking American, in several different dialects...Hick, which is quite natural for me, street/ghetto, and an approximation of Midwestern tech business. All very badly...

Oh yeah, and a touch of Joisey...you all have hoid my Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!
    I thought that was Three Stooges lingo?

...by the way, there is a dilect of old New Orleans, we termed 'channel Irish' that has boids (birds), earl (oil), all in all very 'Joisey'

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris...l,_New_Orleans
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 18th December 2017 at 15:11.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I thought that was Three Stooges lingo?
    Same thing...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2017), Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th December 2017), Elen (19th December 2017)

Thanks
    yup, us Americans pronounce it 'Goo-da' cheese...makes my inner Dutchman cringe.

...by the way, I like Zwarte Piet. I guess that makes me a Christmas racist?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwarte_Piet
    Gawd yeah, that whole racism thing. It's ludicrous, because Zwarte Piet ("Black Pete" in English) was never supposed to be black because he'd be from Africa — in fact, he's supposedly from Spain — but rather because he's covered in soot from climbing up and down the chimneys when bringing candy and toys to the children. (By the way, in the Netherlands, Sinterklaas has lots of helpers, and they are all called Zwarte Piet. In Belgium, there's only one helper.)

But yeah, some busybodies had to Phuket up for everyone again. Next thing they'll probably be discussing his sexual orientation, just like they did with Bert & Ernie from Sesame Street and with the Teletubbies.

Seriously, some people need to get a life.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th December 2017), Elen (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    God I remember when I started hearing the nonsense about Teletubbies. The show was already weird. No need to get all hung up on whether utterly non-sexual beings were gay. Good Lord.

Remember the show Arthur? PBS was forced to not air one episode because one of the characters had a friend with gay parents.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (19th December 2017), Elen (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (19th December 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    God I remember when I started hearing the nonsense about Teletubbies. The show was already weird. No need to get all hung up on whether utterly non-sexual beings were gay. Good Lord.

Remember the show Arthur? PBS was forced to not air one episode because one of the characters had a friend with gay parents.
    I don't know of any show named "Arthur", nor do I know what PBS is — those are probably Acronymian things — but now you're talking of two very different situations. It is one thing to not broadcast a show because of a reference to homosexuality — which is censorship, even though nowadays we're seeing the exact opposite, with almost every show having at least one (mandatory) gay character on it — and it is another thing to discuss the sexual orientation of characters whose sexuality is either absent or irrelevant.

Take Bert & Ernie for instance. Hasn't anyone ever pondered the idea that they could simply be brothers? For that matter, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy were also often seen sleeping in the same bed together in their movies, and they certainly weren't gay either. Back in the old days, people sharing a bed together just for the sake of having a place to sleep was not all that uncommon, and in many large households, the children would often sleep in the same bed together, except when they were approaching puberty, in which case the girls would be segregated from the boys.

But then again, those two things do appear to have something in common, which is a desire to bring homosexuality into the attention — and ad nauseam even. In the one case, it's the censorship, which is bound to stir up reactions. In the other case, it's the questioning of the sexual orientation of non-sexually-active or even totally asexual characters. And that then again ties in with what I've already said higher up, as well as earlier on another thread — I think it was on Jengelen's thread about the alleged reptilian transgender agenda — i.e. the fact that many TV shows now have to have at least one openly gay character on them, which reeks of an agenda.

For instance, all recent Star Trek movies, as well as the newest "Star Trek: Discovery" series, as well as the Star Trek parody series "The Orville" have at least one character on them who either is or could be considered gay. In "The Orville", it is a character of a species with only one gender, i.e. male, but they do still have a mate — possibly as a requirement for procreation, but I don't watch television anymore, so I don't know.

In the Star Trek reboot by J.J. Abrams, it is Lt. Hikaru Sulu who is portrayed as the gay character, even though Sulu was never gay in the original series and movies — he even has a daughter who will later on also join Starfleet and serve on the Enterprise B in "Star Trek Generations". The character of Dr. Okun in the original "Independence Day" movie wasn't gay either, nor did actor Brent Spiner — primarily known as Lt. Commander Data from "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and the movies based upon that series — portray him as such, but for the sequel, it was decided that the character would be gay.

In the movie "Alien Covenant", which is a sequel to "Prometheus" — with both of them being prequels to Ridley Scott's Alien movies — there is also an openly gay (and married) couple, and at least one homo-erotic scene, involving the evil android David. (I have not actually seen "Alien Covenant", because I don't have television anymore, and I choose not to waste my time on movies anymore unless they're really worth watching. Too many of the newest movies and some TV series are merely remakes/reinventions of older movies anyway — e.g. "A Nightmare on Elm Street", "The Bionic Woman", "Battlestar Galactica", "War Of The Worlds", and I believe they're currently working on a remake of the original "Highlander" from 1985 as well.)

Not so as to offend or diss on people with a different sexual orientation, but I can't help but notice that, while autistic people such as myself are considered defective — and with autism still considered "a disease" at worst or "a disorder" at best — at the same time, there seems to be an artificial promotion of sexual orientations which do not correspond to the normal psychological profile and the associated biological mechanism for human procreation. Not only is this considered perfectly natural, but it's being actively promoted as "the new normal", while — again — autism acceptance is being fought tooth and nail by fanatics and people who believe that autism would be the result of the neurotoxins used as conservative agents in vaccines.

So that then begs the question why (a non-standard) sexual orientation would be so important that all of these TV shows — even cartoon series such as "South Park" and "The Simpsons"must have gay characters on them, and that non-sexual characters like Bert & Ernie from "Sesame Street" or the Teletubbies must be "diagnosed" with a non-standard sexual orientation.

Come on guys, we're supposed to be conspiracy researchers. Not that I believe a word of what Jengelen claimed on his reptilian transgender thread, but doesn't anyone other than myself see that there's an agenda being played out here? And I consider myself reasonably progressive, but this agenda does appear to come from the so-called progressive/liberal camp, with the core of this agenda also clearly originating in the USA, even though the phenomenon is pretty much worldwide by now.

Again, I am not trying to stigmatize homosexuals — I support every human being's right to find love and happiness on this godforsaken planet, with the exception of those whose idea of happiness comprises of hurting or otherwise violating their fellow human beings — but there's an elephant in the room and nobody seems to notice it.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (19th December 2017), Elen (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (19th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I think I was just looking at it as part of a spectrum. Paranoia about a character who's secretly gay or paranoia about someone who is openly so. It's the same ridiculous dynamic to me. Malign public television, malign tolerance of alternate lifestyles, punish those who watch these 'immoral' shows. Punish the liberals.

What in the world would a liberal agenda be regarding gay people? I honestly cannot make any sense of that idea. What would be the purpose?

I believe it's a well known fact that around 5-10% of people are gay. I don't recall the specifics of the research that's been done on this but it seems to be a naturally occurring percentage. Christians have been trying to 'cure' being gay for a long time now. And they continue to fail because it's not a disorder to be cured. Any more than the fact that I'm attracted to men taller than me will.

What agenda? Someone please tell me because it makes no sense to me at all.

Star Trek has always been on the cutting edge of social norms. It was HUGE to have a woman on the bridge in a command position in the 70s. And she was BLACK! OMG.

Fast forward a couple of decades. My friends were screaming their heads off over how PC Voyager was. OMG. They had a (kinda) Native American as number one and a half-breed female as engineer and a WOMAN as captain. Ahhhhhhh! Run for the hills!

Seriously, some of my male friends were really upset. WTF?

What agenda? That the white straight man is not the pinnacle anymore?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (19th December 2017), Wind (19th December 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    What in the world would a liberal agenda be regarding gay people? I honestly cannot make any sense of that idea. What would be the purpose?

[...]

What agenda? Someone please tell me because it makes no sense to me at all.

[...]

What agenda? That the white straight man is not the pinnacle anymore?
    In my previous post, I wrote this here-below, but I will accentuate a few passages with color.

[...] But then again, those two things do appear to have something in common, which is a desire to bring homosexuality into the attention — and ad nauseam even. In the one case, it's the censorship, which is bound to stir up reactions. In the other case, it's the questioning of the sexual orientation of non-sexually-active or even totally asexual characters. [...]

Not so as to offend or diss on people with a different sexual orientation, but I can't help but notice that, while autistic people such as myself are considered defective — and with autism still considered "a disease" at worst or "a disorder" at best — at the same time, there seems to be an artificial promotion of sexual orientations which do not correspond to the normal psychological profile and the associated biological mechanism for human procreation. Not only is this considered perfectly natural, but it's being actively promoted as "the new normal", while — again — autism acceptance is being fought tooth and nail by fanatics and people who believe that autism would be the result of the neurotoxins used as conservative agents in vaccines.

As an observation — and merely that — I will also note that those who call themselves "liberal" have traditionally always been more libertine. We see that here in Europe as well among left-wing politicians. Insofar as I can observe, it would appear that the promotion of "non-traditional sexual behavior" — which is by far not limited to sexual orientation, mind you — and a loosening of moral values are what's being pushed down the pike. And in my opinion, even though it's the liberal factions which are pushing this, in itself this has nothing to do with being liberal, nor with human rights, but rather with a push toward chaos and disarray. On Jengelen's reptilian transgender thread, one of our members, who is herself an open lesbian, stated that she too had observed this obvious push of an agenda.

Not to bring religion into this, but you do know the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and why they were allegedly destroyed by Yahweh, don't you? If society were to adopt an ethic of "everything goes" — and again, and very importantly: this has nothing to do with homosexuality in and of itself, but I believe that the promotion of homosexuality in the media et al is merely the gateway vehicle for the ultimate agenda — then may $DEITY help us all.

As an example, twenty years ago, the left-wing politicians over here — most notably the socialists — were already handing out packs of condoms to very young teenagers outside of school buildings in preparation for summer holidays, officially under the guise of AIDS prevention. The signal they were sending out by doing that was quite another one, though. They were sending out the signal that (1) it's okay to start with sexual relationships at a very young age, and (2) it is normal to be sleeping around as part of your summer vacation relaxation.

As another example, about ten years ago, there was an official government-issued pamphlet — coming from the left-wing — in Germany which stated that it's perfectly okay to sexually stimulate children and/or allow yourself as an adult to be sexually stimulated by them if this happens as a result of touching/cuddling a child. Really? Seriously? Pedophilia is okay now? I'm sure Marc Dutroux will be delighted to hear that.

Lastly — and I've already mentioned this elsewhere — there are all these Gay Pride parades all year long, even in countries where gay people enjoy the same rights as straight people, and often with multiple such parades on different dates within the same country, and there are things happening during such parades that you wouldn't even be able to legally get away with as a straight person. Double standards are so convenient, aren't they?

You always have to think deeper and farther than what meets the eye. It's not what is on the surface that matters, but that which sits underneath.

Anyway, I think I better shut up now before anyone accuses either myself as an individual or — $DEITY forbid! — The One Truth as a whole of homophobia. It's okay to post about how Hitler was supposedly a hero and the Nazis were supposedly the good guys, but you can't say anything about gays or you'll be branded a hatemonger. It's not "politically correct" to say these things. Just like speaking out against the atrocities committed against the Palestinians by the Israeli government will automatically brand you as antisemitic.

That, and then there's the fact that certain people always seem to read something into my posts that is quite different from what I've actually written. One of the first things they teach you in elementary school is how to read and write, but it would appear that this is totally wasted on a lot of people.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (19th December 2017)

Thanks
    I don't know of any show named "Arthur", nor do I know what PBS is — those are probably Acronymian things — but now you're talking of two very different situations. It is one thing to not broadcast a show because of a reference to homosexuality — which is censorship, even though nowadays we're seeing the exact opposite, with almost every show having at least one (mandatory) gay character on it — and it is another thing to discuss the sexual orientation of characters whose sexuality is either absent or irrelevant.

Take Bert & Ernie for instance. Hasn't anyone ever pondered the idea that they could simply be brothers? For that matter, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy were also often seen sleeping in the same bed together in their movies, and they certainly weren't gay either. Back in the old days, people sharing a bed together just for the sake of having a place to sleep was not all that uncommon, and in many large households, the children would often sleep in the same bed together, except when they were approaching puberty, in which case the girls would be segregated from the boys.

But then again, those two things do appear to have something in common, which is a desire to bring homosexuality into the attention — and ad nauseam even. In the one case, it's the censorship, which is bound to stir up reactions. In the other case, it's the questioning of the sexual orientation of non-sexually-active or even totally asexual characters. And that then again ties in with what I've already said higher up, as well as earlier on another thread — I think it was on Jengelen's thread about the alleged reptilian transgender agenda — i.e. the fact that many TV shows now have to have at least one openly gay character on them, which reeks of an agenda.

For instance, all recent Star Trek movies, as well as the newest "Star Trek: Discovery" series, as well as the Star Trek parody series "The Orville" have at least one character on them who either is or could be considered gay. In "The Orville", it is a character of a species with only one gender, i.e. male, but they do still have a mate — possibly as a requirement for procreation, but I don't watch television anymore, so I don't know.

In the Star Trek reboot by J.J. Abrams, it is Lt. Hikaru Sulu who is portrayed as the gay character, even though Sulu was never gay in the original series and movies — he even has a daughter who will later on also join Starfleet and serve on the Enterprise B in "Star Trek Generations". The character of Dr. Okun in the original "Independence Day" movie wasn't gay either, nor did actor Brent Spiner — primarily known as Lt. Commander Data from "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and the movies based upon that series — portray him as such, but for the sequel, it was decided that the character would be gay.

In the movie "Alien Covenant", which is a sequel to "Prometheus" — with both of them being prequels to Ridley Scott's Alien movies — there is also an openly gay (and married) couple, and at least one homo-erotic scene, involving the evil android David. (I have not actually seen "Alien Covenant", because I don't have television anymore, and I choose not to waste my time on movies anymore unless they're really worth watching. Too many of the newest movies and some TV series are merely remakes/reinventions of older movies anyway — e.g. "A Nightmare on Elm Street", "The Bionic Woman", "Battlestar Galactica", "War Of The Worlds", and I believe they're currently working on a remake of the original "Highlander" from 1985 as well.)

So that then begs the question why (a non-standard) sexual orientation would be so important that all of these TV shows — even cartoon series such as "South Park" and "The Simpsons"must have gay characters on them, and that non-sexual characters like Bert & Ernie from "Sesame Street" or the Teletubbies must be "diagnosed" with a non-standard sexual orientation.

Come on guys, we're supposed to be conspiracy researchers. Not that I believe a word of what Jengelen claimed on his reptilian transgender thread, but doesn't anyone other than myself see that there's an agenda being played out here? And I consider myself reasonably progressive, but this agenda does appear to come from the so-called progressive/liberal camp, with the core of this agenda also clearly originating in the USA, even though the phenomenon is pretty much worldwide by now.

Again, I am not trying to stigmatize homosexuals — I support every human being's right to find love and happiness on this godforsaken planet, with the exception of those whose idea of happiness comprises of hurting or otherwise violating their fellow human beings — but there's an elephant in the room and nobody seems to notice it.
    Agenda? Yes I believe it is a trans-humanist agenda. We got a glimpse of it in Joe Haldeman’s SF novel ‘The Forever War’ where everyone on Earth was homosexual and the state controlled all reproduction, and the protagonist being heterosexual male having lived a few thousand years by traveling through wormholes, was seen as a pervert. Haldeman got a Hugo for it, SF’s ‘Oscar’.

I’m convinced The Vatican priesthood is more than the stated ‘5-10%’ gay. And they are actively trying to procreate their own by attacking children.

IMO, If you can dislodge the natural duality of the female-male structure, you have gone a long way towards state control of everyone in terms of reproduction.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th December 2017), Dreamtimer (19th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (19th December 2017)