Page 79 of 206 FirstFirst ... 29697677787980818289129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3079

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Universal Basic Income is a topic these days.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th June 2019), Elen (11th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I guess I'll have to read more of his book to tell what his schtick is...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th June 2019), Dreamtimer (11th June 2019), Elen (11th June 2019)

Thanks
    Here's an interview from about a week ago.

JF and Phil sit down with Erik Davis to discuss his new book, "High Weirdness: Drugs, Esoterica, and Visionary Experience in the Seventies."

In this masterwork of weird scholarship, Davis explores the simultaneously luminous and obscure worlds of three giants of Seventies counterculture: Terence McKenna, Robert Anton Wilson, and Philip K. Dick. Their psychonautical legacy serve as fuel for a deep-delving conversation on Davis' own ontological leanings, yearnings, and hesitations. We touch on his philosophical development since the release of Techgnosis in 1998, the meaning of "weird naturalism," the primacy of the aesthetic, the uses and abuses of anthropotechnics, the challenges of tightrope-walking across bottomless chasms, and lots more.
    The page for this podcast has useful references with links.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th June 2019), Elen (11th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th June 2019)

Thanks
    You know what...I don't like this guy DT... He's academic when he shouldn't be and flippant when he shouldn't be. Philosophy is serious and spirituality even moreso. And this guy is missing the essence of both...just my opinion, of course...and it may change after more listening. He just bugs me. I've known people that 'look' like him and think like him. He is way too proud of himself. He lacks intellectual gravitas...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th June 2019), Dreamtimer (12th June 2019), Elen (12th June 2019)

Thanks
    The extended story of what has been seen on MSM:

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th June 2019), Dreamtimer (15th June 2019), Elen (15th June 2019)

Thanks
    This is a book published by my new half-sister in California:

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Wind (22nd June 2019)

Thanks
    Ravelry, a platform for knitters/crocheters has banned Trump talk. They call out the white supremacism for what it is.

We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy.
    Here is the full statement.

They reference RPG.net in terms of the statement. Apparently they have done similar.

I'm always fascinated by the sudden playing of victim by the right. The same folks who will call others 'wuss' at the drop of a hat and complain about snowflakes.

While they themselves are melting.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 25th June 2019 at 11:42.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th June 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    We cannot provide a space that is inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy. Support of the Trump administration is undeniably support for white supremacy.
    Personally, I think that is the sort of knee-jerk biased reaction that leads to people abandoning the left. There is no evidence whatsoever that the Trump administration promotes white supremacy. Now, Trump, in private, may be a white supremacist, which a few of his reactions and remarks allude to, but that does not mean that his administration promotes policies of white supremacy. Believe me, if it did, we would know straight away and it would be readily apparent. Whilst this could a be a threat for the future, it is not current policy, therefore the above claim is clearly false, a vicious lie and a deliberate smear. I'm a centrist, but the double standards in this respect are something that are readily apparent. Only those on the right are being silenced currently and that is an undeniable fact. Not a huge fan of the alt-right, but the very fact that all the big tech and media giants are making a concerted effort to shut them down should concern everyone who cares about freedom.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2019), Dreamtimer (25th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th June 2019), Fred Steeves (25th June 2019), modwiz (25th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Personally, I think that is the sort of knee-jerk biased reaction that leads to people abandoning the left. There is no evidence whatsoever that the Trump administration promotes white supremacy. Now, Trump, in private, may be a white supremacist, which a few of his reactions and remarks allude to, but that does not mean that his administration promotes policies of white supremacy. Believe me, if it did, we would know straight away and it would be readily apparent. Whilst this could a be a threat for the future, it is not current policy, therefore the above claim is clearly false, a vicious lie and a deliberate smear. I'm a centrist, but the double standards in this respect are something that are readily apparent. Only those on the right are being silenced currently and that is an undeniable fact. Not a huge fan of the alt-right, but the very fact that all the big tech and media giants are making a concerted effort to shut them down should concern everyone who cares about freedom.
    I think you're making some very good and valid points here, Chris. The last elections we had here in Belgium ─ on the 26th of May 2019 ─ have been a major victory for the far-right here in the Flanders, although in the Walloon region the results were more favorable for the left.

This success of the far-right ─ most notably here in the Flanders, but you also see it in other countries ─ has been an ongoing thing since at least as early as the 1990s. And the left wing has been complaining about this deep swing to the right all the time, but what they don't seem to realize ─ or better put, what they refuse to acknowledge ─ is that this swing to the far-right is merely a knee-jerk reaction from the lesser-educated masses to the mismanagement by the left in the preceding decades, whereby the left didn't merely welcome but actively invited all of the circumstances that have led to this chaos.

I'll give you an example ─ and I sincerely hope that nobody's going to be reading anything ulterior into my words, because I am merely reporting on facts. Belgium is a very small country, and for some reason, this causes certain Belgian politicians to suffer from a kind of inferiority complex, whereby they want to put Belgium on the world map as this big-hearted, charitable place that welcomes everyone with arms wide open. Aww, how sweet! Except that Belgium is nothing like that, because it is quite known among the Belgians themselves that Belgians in general are a very apathetic and aloof people who mainly care about themselves as individuals.

Either way, the then ruling left-wing parties opened the door wide to immigrants, predominantly from Muslim cultures ─ people who themselves came from a very low-level educational background and who were a lot more fanatic about their religion than the more educated people in their countries of origin. But if you're going to be inviting such people in under the moniker of tolerance, then at the same time, you are surrendering, because tolerance and respect have to come from both sides, or else one side is going to be run over by the other. And that's exactly what has happened. The government was tolerant, and even went so far as to treat immigrants favorably over the native population. The scale was off-balance, and this created the bedrock for the far-right movement to build their subsequent electoral victories upon, because the far-right are populists, and they have since then been appealing unto the lowly educated native population with slogans and offensive billboards.

And of course, the far-right then went too far, and they were convicted over racism. But that did two things. First of all, it stigmatized them ─ the other parties all signed an agreement never to enter into a coalition with them ─ and made them into martyrs, which only increased their popularity. And the second thing is that the convicted far-right party simply dissolved itself and then regrouped under a different name. Same people, same agenda, but a different name and therefore, officially free of any convictions over racism. And then the whole thing started all over again.

The far-right is as powerful as it is because the left has allowed them ─ even given them the very means ─ to become this powerful in the first place. So instead of really being about "left versus right", it's a matter of mismanagement versus its antithesis, being the (deliberately misguided) response from the lesser-educated masses. And in this day and age, it's not even correct anymore to speak of the lesser-educated masses, because there is a general dumbing-down trend going on in society, courtesy of all the gadgets and the social media networks. There is a joke within the tech community, in the form of a fake dictionary entry, that reads like this...:

PROGRESS (n.)

The way the internet has evolved from smart people sitting at dumb terminals into dumb people sitting at smart terminals.

And you know what? It's true. Just because just about every teenager knows all about how to use their smartphones ─ and, of course, they do all own one, because it's "not cool" to not have one, and they cannot be "not cool" ─ doesn't mean that they're smart, let alone that they would be smarter than people used to be in the decades before the tech revolution. I grew up without all of that stuff, and also with very limited exposure to TV ─ because we had an antenna on the roof, and so we could only tune in to a couple of stations, and they wouldn't start broadcasting until 18:00 ─ and I'm not exactly dumb either. In fact, people of my generation probably have a far more creative imagination than the younger generations who grew up with 24/7 color TV and lots of electronic gadgets.

But now the people are using all of these gadgets as kitchen sink appliances, without understanding how they work, and they are fixated on them. Their general awareness and their intellectual development has not only stagnated, but devolved. Whatever they read on Facebook ─ and they are all on Facebook ─ simply has to be true. No critical thinking, no discernment, and no ethics ─ cfr. the teenagers (between 13 and 17 years of age) who drugged a 15-year old girl, gang-raped her and then put the video online, or that other group of young adults (between 18 and 21 years of age) who tortured and murdered a mentally handicapped boy and also filmed it all with their smartphones*. It's all about popularity and shameless, mindless hedonism, regardless of the cost.

What kind of wisdom or intellectual insight can you expect from a generation like that when it comes to matters such as choosing the right people to govern the country, or what system of government? None at all. And with that in mind, it should therefore also come as no surprise that the reactionary far-right has no trouble at all winning over those people at election time, and especially not when the political left and center are both refusing to acknowledge their own mistakes from the past, and in order to camouflage them and step up on the denial, they in turn then even go so far as to do the exact same thing all over again, and with even greater emphasis. Because they too are then merely being reactionary.

What you then get, in the end, is a spiraling escalation, and sooner or later something's got to give. There are no conspiracies involved in that. It's pure sociology. And that is what's happening right now in the USA, and to a lesser extent also here in Europe. It's a buildup to a distributed number of independent but topically related civil wars.

* I am actually not sure anymore whether I've mentioned these (still recent) events over here at the forum, but I remember talking about them in an off-topic thread at the Manjaro forum.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (25th June 2019), Dreamtimer (27th June 2019), modwiz (25th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    As I’ve stated before, I am neither of the Left, nor the Right, but I am familiar with the arguments and ways of thinking on both sides. It helps keep me grounded and unbiased.

Because this is mostly a left-wing community, I feel it is my duty to point out some of the areas where the alt-right do have a point and their criticism of the Left, in my view, is completely valid. Now, I must preface that with the caveat that I am an unreconstructed Eastern European male with no sense of Political Correctness or fear of what others might think of me. I simply do not care if people call me racist, sexist, nationalist, far-right or whatever other label they want to attach to me. I deal in reality and I only care about the truth, not what might or should be.

First of all, it is OK to be proud of your nation and to want to keep it intact. The Left’s self-loathing and suicidal mania is really an ugly thing to witness. Clearly, these are people who hate themselves and their own identity. That is their right, but trying to push it on others and promoting it endlessly in media, academia and now the corporate world is what gets me. I find other trendy movements of leftism equally loathsome, whether it is Veganism, Feminism, the Victimisation Olympics, the Anti-Vaxxer movement (though that one is both Left and Right, to be fair) or what we could collectively call „Blame Whitey”, where every single problem that has ever occurred on this planet is blamed on white people collectively. This is mostly done by other white people, which makes the whole phemomenon even more bizarre. Looking on from a country that has just recently escaped from the clutches of Leftist Tyranny, this looks increasingly suicidal and the trend of increasing curtailment of freedoms for those of a more right-wing bent in the West is highly concerning as well. I am really fed up with western commentators, who equate even the slightest sign of national pride, or wanting to keep your nation and country intact, with Nazism.

In fact I’m going to post this older essay from Dmitry Orlov here, because I think he makes an excellent point about the suicidal tendencies and self-loathing of the West in general:

https://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2018/...h-europes.html

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2019), Dreamtimer (27th June 2019)

Thanks
    The roots of the right in America are much more closely tied to race. The flavor in America is different than Europe. As is the history. Many are still living in the Civil War.

Which was about economics, taxes, and 'rights' surrounding slavery. As in the right to own people. Racism is as much at the heart of that as economics.

It has been astutely observed by others that Trump may not be a white supremacist, but the white supremacists really like him and have been claiming victories since his election. You can start with David Duke and go from there.

The treatment of the child immigrants has nothing to do with the left being too tolerant. Trump and Sessions both clearly said they want to scare people away with the horrible treatment.

Treatment which is worse than animals, in case that hasn't been noticed.

What people believe matters as much as anything.

Racism is inherently tied in and is part and parcel of white supremacism in America.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2019), Chris (25th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th June 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    The roots of the right in America are much more closely tied to race. The flavor in America is different than Europe. As is the history. Many are still living in the Civil War.

Which was about economics, taxes, and 'rights' surrounding slavery. As in the right to own people. Racism is as much at the heart of that as economics.

It has been astutely observed by others that Trump may not be a white supremacist, but the white supremacists really like him and have been claiming victories since his election. You can start with David Duke and go from there.

The treatment of the child immigrants has nothing to do with the left being too tolerant. Trump and Sessions both clearly said they want to scare people away with the horrible treatment.

Treatment which is worse than animals, in case that hasn't been noticed.

What people believe matters as much as anything.

Racism is inherently tied in and is part and parcel of white supremacism in America.
    Here's the problem DT: You think what you think, because you've been programmed to think it.

That's understandable, because we are all being programmed from birth, but at some point, it pays to actually question your assumptions and your cultural programming and look at the facts dispassionately.

I am less familiar with the US border situation, but I bet when the exact same border agencies where acting exactly the same under the Obama administration, nobody was taking notice. Now that the Antichrist (or, Orange Hitler) is in the White House, every single US government employee that actually enforces the laws on the books is suddenly kin to the devil.

The Western, mostly Left-Wing media is spinning the Hungarian border situation equally skilfully. You would actually have to fact-check every single claim made to understand how that is done, but in essence they spin every single fact until it becomes unrecognisable. Most of what you hear in the media about "Nazi" border agents and "concentration camps" in which "Asylum Seekers" are "detained" is essentially a lie, or at least a massive exaggeration. You have to look into the workings of the refugee and illegal immigration rackets to understand how we are being manipulated into a false perception of what's going on.
    Last edited by Chris, 25th June 2019 at 20:29.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2019), Dreamtimer (27th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th June 2019), Fred Steeves (25th June 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I think hate speech is being attacked...ain't nothing wrong with that. Trump is a whistlehead and he is constantly whistling. Whatever his true sentiments are, he knows which side the butter is on. We cannot continue to live in blind loyalty to white and not-white. It's always the same people that jump to thank posts like yours. It just isn't honest...it is an assent to "Yeah, take that!" It doesn't change the truth one iota...hasn't this kind of human debasement lasted long enough....I mean after all, it's already been about 10,000 years.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2019), Chris (26th June 2019), Dreamtimer (27th June 2019)

Thanks
    Take a look at the world around you Chris...A big hit on this site is the ancient builders thingy. For example, the cites in Peru are just too sophisticated for the supposed extant culture to have built. But when it is speculated WHO was sophisticated enough to create such marvels...it is NEVER attributed to the indigenous of ANY era...it is always the mysterious super culture in which all meta-unconscious thoughts and words speak the same meme. It was a super culture of either white folks or super white aliens...literally not in that order. I continue to be disappointed in humanity.

I don't know if this book is about white spirit or not but I suppose some might like it...Another book by my 'white' sister. Incidentally the last name is by marriage...

This thing about 'programming'

I had a good friend that always said I was liberal because of 'the way I was raised'. I would look at him straight in the eye and state that I was raised conservative. He would just look at me with a vacant stare and then repeat, 'because of the way I was raised'. The reaction by him really was not puzzling to me.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2019), Bob (26th June 2019), Chris (26th June 2019), Dreamtimer (27th June 2019)

Thanks
    "I am less familiar with the US border situation, but I bet when the exact same border agencies where acting exactly the same under the Obama administration, nobody was taking notice. Now that the Antichrist (or, Orange Hitler) is in the White House, every single US government employee that actually enforces the laws on the books is suddenly kin to the devil"

Plenty of people noticed...Check the facts, nature, and most of all the spirit in which Obama acted. I trust, Chris, that you would recognize the moral chasm between the behavior of the Black AntiChrist and the Orange AntiChrist. Are empty-headed feminists really as morally depraved as a President that rapes and abuses them? Please, we need to reset...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2019), Chris (26th June 2019), Dreamtimer (27th June 2019)