Page 52 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

And yes, it's usually the very same people, wearing a different uniform/color, because those are the very people who seek to rule over others, regardless of what the political system calls itself.
    yes, This is exactly what I think.
    About the Kavnaugh issue, it is my opinion that for whatever reason, he enjoys being in the system that supports the people who will always be the rulers. looking at him snarl puckers my mouth. Hearing him evade direct answers makes my skin crawl.

I realize that the forums I have been looking in on for several years are a glimpse at the world and the view looks so different to me. PA has a thread bout Kavanaugh and I guess I must be a liberal because to me they all miss the point. Trump is part of the same elite system that rules us in EVERY which way it can.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th October 2018), Dreamtimer (7th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), Fred Steeves (7th October 2018), Wind (6th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    You're right, Maggie. Kavanaugh is a Bush era swamp creature who was involved in the torture and other illegal stuff which is why so much of his record was hidden and the process was rushed.

There's no swamp draining going on. Not at all.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), Maggie (7th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), Wind (7th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    About the Kavnaugh issue, it is my opinion that for whatever reason, he enjoys being in the system that supports the people who will always be the rulers. looking at him snarl puckers my mouth.
    Maggie, you may as well have read my mind on everything you said here!

He's a system guy through and through, from rich spoiled frat boy, to hobnobbing around the world on Air Force 1 with Bush Jr., to supporting things like The Patriot Act, illegal detention as in Gitmo, torture, and NSA domestic spying. Nothing to see here folks, business as usual move along.

looking at him snarl puckers my mouth.
    The first time I saw him, there was something I just didn't like about him. I kept telling my wife honey, there's something wrong with that guy, I don't like him. That was before I knew anything about him what so ever.

Hearing him evade direct answers makes my skin crawl.
    It wasn't just you. I'll tell ya what the longer that hearing went on, the more it got to the point like if I hear you answer one more question about your drinking with "I finished first in my class" and yada yada yada, I'm ready to reach my hand through that tv screen and slap you silly...

Now those Democratic Senators circling around like a pack of hyenas made/make my skin crawl as well, same as the Republican who will defend him to the death no matter what, and also the doxing and stalking of public officials that's now all the rage, that's for a different post. But like I've been saying this country is starting to come across at the seams, and I'm certain it's Genesis is artificial.

I realize that the forums I have been looking in on for several years are a glimpse at the world and the view looks so different to me. PA has a thread bout Kavanaugh and I guess I must be a liberal because to me they all miss the point. Trump is part of the same elite system that rules us in EVERY which way it can.
    Well then first off I guess I must be a Liberal too, except these are not true Liberals on display in any sense of the traditional meaning of the term.

The Project membership sure have taken a hard Right turn, haven't they? It's hard to watch. There are a couple with their heads screwed on straight, but that's about it. Whatever happened to distrust and scrutiny of pretty much ALL politicians and public officials? Suddenly we can trust our government, after 242 years? Really???
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Maggie (7th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), Wind (7th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,183 Times in 11,956 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Maggie, you may as well have read my mind on everything you said here!

He's a system guy through and through, from rich spoiled frat boy, to hobnobbing around the world on Air Force 1 with Bush Jr., to supporting things like The Patriot Act, illegal detention as in Gitmo, torture, and NSA domestic spying. Nothing to see here folks, business as usual move along.

The first time I saw him, there was something I just didn't like about him. I kept telling my wife honey, there's something wrong with that guy, I don't like him. That was before I knew anything about him what so ever.

It wasn't just you. I'll tell ya what the longer that hearing went on, the more it got to the point like if I hear you answer one more question about your drinking with "I finished first in my class" and yada yada yada, I'm ready to reach my hand through that tv screen and slap you silly...

Now those Democratic Senators circling around like a pack of hyenas made/make my skin crawl as well, same as the Republican who will defend him to the death no matter what, and also the doxing and stalking of public officials that's now all the rage, that's for a different post. But like I've been saying this country is starting to come across at the seams, and I'm certain it's Genesis is artificial.

Well then first off I guess I must be a Liberal too, except these are not true Liberals on display in any sense of the traditional meaning of the term.

The Project membership sure have taken a hard Right turn, haven't they? It's hard to watch. There are a couple with their heads screwed on straight, but that's about it. Whatever happened to distrust and scrutiny of pretty much ALL politicians and public officials? Suddenly we can trust our government, after 242 years? Really???
    Here's the thing...With Kavanaugh it is apparent that nothing is good about our current situation. What happened and how it happened is obvious...someone came forward accusing Kavanaugh of misbehavor. The Dems knew all hell would break loose if they brought it forward. Feinstein tried to honor Ford's request to not go public and Feinstein complied until it was obvious nothing else was going to stop the confirmation. So all hell broke loose.

Kavanaugh cried and cited his distress about the effect on his children. This is central... The impetus for Kavanaugh's distress was not compassion or empathy, it was guilt. His children were noted to have said they should 'pray for the lady that accused their father'. That kind of compassion in young children is not normal. The accusation against their father verified for them what they already knew. They know that their drunk of a father is a deeply flawed parent who has visited much pain on them in his selfish drunkeness. But Repubs got the new pinnacle of American justice that they coveted.

Not liberal, just indicative of where we are as a nation. People are very ugly. The farther right, the uglier.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Maggie (7th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    The farther right, the uglier.
    I am not sure about that because the labels are artificial.
    To me, the ugliness comes from the same ignorant place left, right or center.

The statue of liberty carries the (mythical) words which i always thought beautiful.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! "

Then I read about what actually happened when people arrived and many were parked in the ghettos of NYC.
    Then I realized more and more about the REAL workings of Immigration which reveals ultimately that migration of people disrupts civilization.
    That keeps the populous from ever making any generational headway.
    That suits those PERPETUAL rulers who see us all as the ants in the hill needing a kick IMO.
    UGLY UGLY UGLY IMO.

The history record show how a layering of social hierarchy depends on no political party.
    If we had no need for rulership, there would be no rule.
    But we have the case where there is always some PROBLEM to need a ruling.
    Taxation seems logical to deal with infrastructure but it never goes there.
    What is also a bit ugly is our sense of victimization.
    SURE we are challenged but we do not own our inner power. We are always afraid of the hoards said to be outside the gates.

The cronies and the serfs and the wage slaves and the actually seriously disenfranchised are what underly politics (which is supposed to be the management of daily life in cities).

The cut throat evil of scrambling for the reins of power is what most people think will make some difference despite its ugliness. The probability that anyone who gets up the ladder has done a black-mail-able act or two means the "leaders" are rotten before they start.

IMO I have no "plan" for a "better world" but the UGLINESS is because we created a sick and death agreeable culture that is not about enjoying wisdom and beauty.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), Fred Steeves (7th October 2018), modwiz (7th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), Wind (7th October 2018)

Thanks

The Project membership sure have taken a hard Right turn, haven't they? It's hard to watch. There are a couple with their heads screwed on straight, but that's about it.
    Have to say that Dennis penned a strong short statement that resounds because the supreme court appointment lasts while prez comes and prez goes. The GANG of gangs rules.

'I'm curious if there is anyone who objectively researched this person and who would say, this is a good person to have as a Supreme Court justice, for life - the closest thing to a monarch in the USA government.

Did you want him because the democrats didn't?

Did you want him because you assume the groping/attempted rape accusation was fabricated, so, you see the the appointment more as a reward for withstanding false accusations?

Did you want him in spite of, or because of, his association with george w bush and 9/11?

Did you want him in spite of, or because of, his support for the "patriot act"?

I grew up in the USA, INC. I am well aware of the hyperbolic rift between the only two political gangs, and that once a person chooses one of these gangs, then everything the other gang does is wrong and everything your own gang does is correct. I realize that this is the simple reality for the vast majority of US citizens. I don't know if it is also true of Avalon members that have been fully exposed to the duopoly gambit.

Is there anyone here that objectively examined brett kavanaugh and said to themselves, "Now that person should be appointed to the Supreme Court for the rest of his life, to be at the highest level of interpreting the US Constitution!"'http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1252848

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (8th October 2018), Fred Steeves (7th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), Wind (7th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,183 Times in 11,956 Posts
    I am not sure about that because the labels are artificial.
    To me, the ugliness comes from the same ignorant place left, right or center.

The statue of liberty carries the (mythical) words which i always thought beautiful.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! "

Then I read about what actually happened when people arrived and many were parked in the ghettos of NYC.
    Then I realized more and more about the REAL workings of Immigration which reveals ultimately that migration of people disrupts civilization.
    That keeps the populous from ever making any generational headway.
    That suits those PERPETUAL rulers who see us all as the ants in the hill needing a kick IMO.
    UGLY UGLY UGLY IMO.

The history record show how a layering of social hierarchy depends on no political party.
    If we had no need for rulership, there would be no rule.
    But we have the case where there is always some PROBLEM to need a ruling.
    Taxation seems logical to deal with infrastructure but it never goes there.
    What is also a bit ugly is our sense of victimization.
    SURE we are challenged but we do not own our inner power. We are always afraid of the hoards said to be outside the gates.

The cronies and the serfs and the wage slaves and the actually seriously disenfranchised are what underly politics (which is supposed to be the management of daily life in cities).

The cut throat evil of scrambling for the reins of power is what most people think will make some difference despite its ugliness. The probability that anyone who gets up the ladder has done a black-mail-able act or two means the "leaders" are rotten before they start.

IMO I have no "plan" for a "better world" but the UGLINESS is because we created a sick and death agreeable culture that is not about enjoying wisdom and beauty.
    really, I would agree...another good one..."Justice is blind"...It seems it is also deaf and dumb.

One thing, though...Ugliness was sanctioned by Reagan, it became memic with 'Political Correctness' and is now codified by Trump. It always leads to the same place...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (8th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    The Project membership sure have taken a hard Right turn, haven't they? It's hard to watch. There are a couple with their heads screwed on straight, but that's about it.
    Have to say that Dennis penned a strong short statement that resounds because the supreme court appointment lasts while prez comes and prez goes. The GANG of gangs rules.
    Dennis has been on a tear as of late. Between his commentary on Trump, Q, and now the Supreme Court melee, he reminds me of when you see a professional athlete get into "the zone" where talent, practice, and clear state of mind all weave together to the point where the performance becomes both flawless, and effortless. Where there is no match for it.

And then I see the cat calls that this equates to trolling. Um, NO, what he's doing is running circles around their compromised and muddled up logic...

If anyone over there reads this, tell him his old buddy Fred says adda boy Dennis. I see you!
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (8th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), Wind (8th October 2018)

Thanks
    Did I get you right Fred? You said the country is coming apart at the seams and it's deliberate?

I really hate to say it but I'm afraid you're right. (In spite of my optimism)

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th October 2018), Elen (8th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th October 2018), Fred Steeves (8th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), Wind (8th October 2018)

Thanks
    Check it out. A non-partisan political ad. It's cleverly done.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th October 2018), Elen (8th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Check it out. A non-partisan political ad. It's cleverly done.

My goodness!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018)

Thanks
    My goodness indeed. It's been a fact that for most of my life the younger folks don't vote. My son and his girlfriend do. I get the impression that many of their friends will as well.

The attitudes in this piece are real. We'll see what happens. The generation that has just come of age is very large and seems to be active in the way a certain portion of my demographic was when I was in early adulthood.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th October 2018), Elen (8th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,111 Times in 20,309 Posts
    My goodness indeed. It's been a fact that for most of my life the younger folks don't vote. My son and his girlfriend do. I get the impression that many of their friends will as well.
    And what do they vote for? Evil or Evil?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (9th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th October 2018), Fred Steeves (8th October 2018), Kitsune (8th October 2018), modwiz (8th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), Wind (8th October 2018)

Thanks
    They vote for themselves really - their future - and their potential to use the system in a different way than it has been. That may not be realistic to us, but to them it most certainly is. That's what the young folk are for, making the change that we no longer can.

Here's another video about voting and "scary time for boys"

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th October 2018), Elen (9th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,111 Times in 20,309 Posts
    They vote for themselves really - their future - and their potential to use the system in a different way than it has been. That may not be realistic to us, but to them it most certainly is.
    But that's just self-delusion. Voting for the other candidate than the one you don't like is not going to make any difference. And both sides of the bipartisan hegemony are always going to capitalize on the things people don't like in the other party or candidate. It's called "populism", and it's not specific to the US. All political parties and candidates do that at election time.

As the matter of fact, with municipal and provincial elections coming up here in Belgium again next Sunday, we're seeing that over here (again) as well, and the bickering between the different political candidates is once again smeared out across the mainstream media, because it sells newspaper copies and ups the viewer ratings, which in turn makes the commercial sponsors happy.

And the joke of it all is that it's mainly centered on the candidates for the city of Antwerp — a city that's quite notorious for considering itself the center of the universe. I don't even live in the province of Antwerp, let alone in Antwerp city, so why would the political bickering between the incumbent mayor of Antwerp and his closest competitor in the polls — who, for that matter, is a different kind of jerk, but nevertheless still just as badly a jerk — be of any interest to me?

It's just the mainstream media's sensationalist streak coming out once again. People love drama, and they love soap operas. Which is exactly what this is.

As a side note, I emptied my mailbox downstairs today, after having been in no shape to do so for about a week. And apart from two or three unaddressed advertisement folders — which (1) is illegal and (2) for which I have an official Town-Hall-supplied sticker on my mailbox that I don't want them, which makes it doubly illegal — the rest of my mail was a whole stack of election propaganda.

There weren't even any bank excerpts or bills in my mailbox — not that I welcome bills, but you know what I mean. It was nothing but a whole stack of paper that I immediately deposited in my trash bag. It costs taxpayer money to print that junk — all political parties in Belgium are always allotted a budget for their electoral propaganda by the government, with the size of the budget depending on the amount of members any given party has — and then it costs even more taxpayer money to recycle that junk again.

That's what the young folk are for, making the change that we no longer can.
    If they think that they can make a difference by continuing to vote for one of two evils, then they are being incredibly naive. Which, considering their young age, they probably are.

The system is too self-protecting, and anything that would truly make a difference — and that therefore by definition would abolish the bipartisan hegemony — is never going to be allowed to manifest. Even now, there already are several US states where you are not allowed to (1) vote for an "Independent" candidate, and (2) run for office as an "Independent" candidate.

You might as well hold a petition to request that the major bankers of the world would start paying half of their salary into a trust fund for the poor and the homeless for a whole year, or to request that the Wall Street brokers would start supporting Fair Trade.

There were massive anti-war protests from youngsters against the USA's involvement with the Vietnam War, but with the conflicts in Laos and Cambodia included, the war lasted for 20 years nevertheless. The only man who wanted to do something about it and pull out of Vietnam was John F. Kennedy, and we all know what happened to him. As soon as Lyndon B. Johnson had taken office as JFK's successor — which was in 1963 — he escalated the US's involvement in Vietnam, and the war would last for another 12 years from then on. And none of the "Give Peace A Chance" heroes from the likes of John Lennon and Yoko Ono — not exactly people without renown — could make even the slightest bit of difference.

Once again, the political machine is a self-protecting apparatus with an impenetrable force field around it. It cannot be broken by following the manual. The only way to break it, in my humble opinion, is through mass civil disobedience. But for that, you need a massive grass roots movement of a significantly greater circumference than the hippie movement ever had. And I just don't see that happening anymore. I just don't. People are too far gone, and especially so within the USA, with its propaganda-imbued education system and the effects thereof on US American culture, past and present.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th October 2018), Elen (9th October 2018), Fred Steeves (9th October 2018), modwiz (8th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), Wind (8th October 2018)