Page 47 of 206 FirstFirst ... 37444546474849505797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The ABA and the Jesuits have withdrawn support for Kavanagh. And Graham is a lying SOB. imo.

(And I'm a GD Acronymian)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2018), Chris (28th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th September 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018), Shadowself (29th September 2018)

Thanks
    Good Ol' Boys "at work"...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2018), Chris (28th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th September 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018), Shadowself (29th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

I've been tuning into the next generation, which is not an integral part of either wing, and they see through the BS pretty easily. Social media gives them the opportunity to share feedback in real time unlike the young and politically active of my generation.

This is where the change is going to happen and those of my generation don't understand theirs. Maybe I'm wrong, but my generation has written off the younger generations, because they were not active, and hasn't learned to adjust to the new crop.
    I'm just not seeing it. To me, this supposed wave of millennials that's going to roll in and change everything, is no different than the long awaited star children, rainbow children, or indigo children.

Much like the ever imminent prospect of mass arrests. It never actually happens, but it's always just around the corner.

The end is near would be yet another.

Anyway, I see nothing more special about this current young generation coming of age than any other, but as always, time will tell.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2018), Chris (28th September 2018), Dreamtimer (28th September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd October 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018), Shadowself (29th September 2018), Wind (28th September 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    This whole Kavanaugh debacle is a domestic US issue, so I would normally stay away from it, but James Howard Kunstler (a leftist democrat most of the time) is really close to my opinion on the Issue, so will post his thoughts here:

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nati...-of-bad-faith/

The Fog of Bad Faith

There’s a lot to unpack in the national psychodrama that played out in the senate judiciary committee yesterday with Ford v. Kavanaugh. Dr. Ford laid out what The New York Times is calling the “appalling trauma” of her alleged treatment at the hands of Brett Kavanaugh 36 years ago. And Mr. Kavanaugh denied it in tears of rage.

Dr. Ford scored points for showing up and playing her assigned role. She didn’t add any validating evidence to her story, but she appeared sincere. Judge Kavanaugh seemed to express a weepy astonishment that the charge was ever laid on him, but unlike other questionably-charged men in the grim history of the #Metoo campaign he strayed from his assigned role of the groveling apologist offering his neck to the executioner, an unforgivable effrontery to his accusers.

The committee majority’s choice to sub out the questioning to “sex crime prosecutor” Rachel Mitchell was a pitiful bust, shining a dim forensic light on the matter where hot halogen fog lamps might have cut through the emotional murk. But in today’s social climate of sexual hysteria, the “old white men” on the dais dared not engage with the fragile-looking Dr. Ford, lest her head blow up in the witness chair and splatter them with the guilt-of-the-ages. But Ms. Mitchell hardly illuminated Dr. Ford’s disposition as a teenager — like, what seemed to be her 15-year-old’s rush into an adult world of drinking and consort with older boys — or some big holes in her coming-forward decades later.

For instance, a detail in the original tale, the “locked door.” It’s a big deal when the two boys shoved her into the upstairs room, but she escaped the room easily when, as alleged, Mark Judge jumped on the bed bumping Mr. Kavanaugh off of her. It certainly sounds melodramatic to say “they locked the door,” but it didn’t really mean anything in the event.

Ms. Mitchell also never got to the question of Dr. Ford’s whereabouts in the late summer, when the judiciary committee was led to believe by her handlers that she was in California, though she was actually near Washington DC at her parent’s beach house in Delaware, and Mr. Grassley, the committee chair, could have easily dispatched investigators to meet with her there. Instead, the Democrats on the committee put out a cockamamie story about her fear of flying all the way from California —yet Ms. Mitchell established that Mrs. Ford routinely flew long distances, to Bali, for instance, on her surfing trips around the world.

Overall, it was impossible to believe that Dr. Ford had not experienced something with somebody — or else why submit to such a grotesque public spectacle — but the matter remains utterly unproved and probably unprovable. Please forgive me for saying I’m also not persuaded that the incident as described by Dr. Ford was such an “appalling trauma” as alleged. If the “party” actually happened, then one would have to assume that 15-year-old Chrissie Blasey, as she was known then, went there of her own volition looking for some kind of fun and excitement. She found more than she bargained for when a boy sprawled on top of her and tried to grope her breasts, grinding his hips against hers, working to un-clothe her, with his pal watching and guffawing on the sidelines — not exactly a suave approach, but a life-changing trauma? Sorry, it sounds conveniently hyperbolic to me. I suspect there is much more psychodrama in the life of Christine Blasey Ford than we know of at this time. She wasn’t raped and her story stops short of alleging an attempt at rape, whoever was on top of her, though it is apparently now established in the public mind (and the mainstream media) that it was a rape attempt. But according to #Metoo logic, every unhappy sexual incident is an “appalling trauma” that must be avenged by destroying careers and reputations.

The issues in the bigger picture concern a Democratic Party driven by immense bad faith to any means that justify the defeat of this Supreme Court nominee for reasons that everyone over nine-years-old understands: the fear that a majority conservative court will overturn Rowe v. Wade — despite Judge Kavanaugh’s statement many times that it is “settled law.” What one senses beyond that, though, is the malign spirit of the party’s last candidate for president in the 2016 election and a desperate crusade to continue litigating that outcome until the magic moment when a “blue tide” of midterm election victories seals the ultimate victory over the detested alien in the White House.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd October 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    This whole Kavanaugh debacle is a domestic US issue, so I would normally stay away from it, but James Howard Kunstler (a leftist democrat most of the time) is really close to my opinion on the Issue, so will post his thoughts here:

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nati...-of-bad-faith/

The Fog of Bad Faith
    I always like reading the comments on articles. The comment here is priceless. It is really close to my opinion

For many, the election of Trump was like a date rape, but Kavanaugh is the intractable case of Herpes for the rest of your life to remind you of it.
    and this one is true IMO though I do bet he groped the girls he could corner when drunk in HS.

On Kavanaugh’s side, yeah it was all BS against him, but he’s a 100% pure swamp creature. His wife was the PERSONAL secretary for Baby Bush. Personal secretary! And he was a White House counsel during Bush’s time – that’s how these two hooked up. That wife was neck deep in the perversion and filth of the Iraqi war planning, the Patriot Act, and all the other perversions of Bush and Cheney. All this Catholic do-goodery is a fucking show. How much under-the-table cash does she have stashed away from her insider dealings?

Kavanaugh will throw a few bones to the social conservatives once he’s in, but then he’ll be like all the other justices: toe the corporate line, allow the police / surveillance state to keep expanding, and keep trashing what’s left of the biosphere.
    and these speak to my concerns.

Kavanaugh will most likely be seated on his well-credentialed seat. He’s carried countless buckets of water for the right people at the right time. He’s “earned” it; it’s “his turn”.

BUT, if he’s not, some other cynically chosen character of the same “principles” will be ushered in. It’s quite clearly a brightening day for the corporate grifters and a snickering sop to the evangelical voting bloc of delusional non-thinkers.

Now we must ask ourselves what kind of court system we want in this country… who do we want punished and why. What kind of resources are we willing to commit in order to mete out that punishment?

Think very carefully before you answer, because it will determine whether you engage or disengage with institutions of fading faith and trust that you have no power over whatsoever. Secondly, how much anxiety/paranoia and cognitive dissonance are you willing to endure in the face of a legally tightening noose?

Proponents of the Uber-State are everywhere and becoming more numerous and consensus is rapidly being manufactured and agreed to. (Especially on this blog space. Blabberings for constraining rights and freedoms abound, as well as gleeful calls for deadly violence…. just as long as “my” preferred principles take precedence. Those would be the principles that enhance the power and reach of the Uber-State. Beware.)

That’s the thing. Some of the more glittering publications are starting to see the light. Just starting. Because they’re saying that the Trump phenom and a lot of the “populism” we see here and there, are push-back from the egregious failures of the US and other national justice systems to do what had to be done in the wake of the 2008 collapse.

What happened? The malefactors, the ones committing stupendous, country-wrecking frauds, got off scot-free, that’s what. Too big to jail in Holder’s infamous estimation. And, not only that but they got rescued. And in some cases, like in the case of AIG, got massive bonuses.

And everyone else? Tens of millions got fucked out of work and income and houses and wealth and pensions, their prospects going bye-bye.

Two systems of justice IOW, three if you count the ludicrous miscarriages involving Blacks. If you’re black and smell a bit iffy and you’re anywhere near a serious crime, you get picked up.
    Or even if you’re not. Who was that big fat Black guy that was hustling smokes? Why did he die? Not because he was doing damage to the economy and the social fabric, but because he wasn’t doing ENOUGH damage. If he’d been a White banker in a sharp ten thousand dollar suit, who was hawking financial garbage using the most laughably fraudulent and nonsensical selling shtick that no ten year old with an ounce of sense would believe, he’d get wined and dined and celebrated as the best and the brightest.

So, to the point, who do we want punished and why?
    and also

Speaking of “fogs of bad faith,” Lindsey Graham claims that the Kav hearing was the most “unethical sham” since he has been in politics.

Not kids in cages? Not thousands without food and water in Puerto Rico? Not world leaders laughing at Trump at the UN? Not the tax cut for the super rich? Not the exploding US deficit that is 242 billion higher in 2018? Not the death of the planet and end of the human species?
    Last edited by Maggie, 28th September 2018 at 17:48.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th September 2018), Chris (28th September 2018), Dreamtimer (28th September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd October 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post

Anyway, I see nothing more special about this current young generation coming of age than any other, but as always, time will tell.
    One "age" is ending for sure though. After some years and decades we will see how... Rough the transition period will have been.

When it comes to astrology, it has interesting things to say about the younger generations.
    Last edited by Wind, 28th September 2018 at 19:20.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th September 2018), Chris (28th September 2018), Dreamtimer (28th September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th September 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    One "age" is ending for sure though. After some years and decades we will see how... Rough the transition period will have been.

When it comes to astrology, it has interesting things to say about the younger generations.
    What are those things? I ask because I believe the change I've seen is but a drop of what's to come.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th September 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018), Wind (28th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    What are those things? I ask because I believe the change I've seen is but a drop of what's to come.
    Pluto in Scorpio generation for example.

https://nightssky.wordpress.com/pluto-in-scorpio/
    https://in5d.com/pluto-in-scorpio-ge...een-1984-1995/

God only knows what the younger generations after that have in store for us.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st October 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th September 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    oh goodie, two people in agreement that I can rub in the wrong way....

I agree also, which made me realize that at least 'somebodies' don't think that 'presentation' is the critical characteristic for a Supreme Court Judge. Perhaps, for 'somebodies' the more critical skill is acting ability. The ability to act angry when confronted with a truth that cannot be confronted. It was a classic display of projection and a breakdown of an already fragile self. He was destroyed for all to see. Painful, but many 'somebodies' really, really, really, really, really don't care.

b.t.w. Freddie you forgot to thank my riposte to your earlier post...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st October 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I'm just not seeing it. To me, this supposed wave of millennials that's going to roll in and change everything, is no different than the long awaited star children, rainbow children, or indigo children.

Much like the ever imminent prospect of mass arrests. It never actually happens, but it's always just around the corner.

I'm taking it you have no one in that generation...if not, you might be in for a shock...

Looking at the millennials is looking at one generation to early. It's the Z's that are going to rock the U.S.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 29th September 2018 at 15:54.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st October 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018)

Thanks
    "I always like reading the comments on articles. The comment here is priceless. It is really close to my opinion"

The author missed the point by about 15 miles...He's as blind as any human I'm familiar with...This guy needs lessons on 'leftism' Maybe not really...'sexism' is a different paradigm altogether and I used to be among the best of them. But, I grew a healthier ego and a daughter that means the world to me...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st October 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018), Wind (29th September 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Pluto in Scorpio generation for example.

https://nightssky.wordpress.com/pluto-in-scorpio/
    https://in5d.com/pluto-in-scorpio-ge...een-1984-1995/

God only knows what the younger generations after that have in store for us.
    Wow. I clicked on the first link and it was really relevant to what I just listened to which was Jason Louv's intro for the latest video I posted on his thread.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd October 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018), Wind (29th September 2018)

Thanks
    There’s nothing particularly strange about a congressman’s family moving. But what is strange is that the family has apparently tried to conceal the move from the public—for more than a decade. As far as I could tell, as of late August, neither Nunes nor the local California press that covers him had ever publicly mentioned that his family dairy is no longer in Tulare.
    So the media is in on the lie. Hmmm... who owns the media? Why is he still seen as a California farmer when he's not?

And there’s another secret Nunes has been keeping about his actual farm. Nunes, who once upon a time was a moderate on immigration, has in his Trump today version morphed into a big supporter of the wall, limiting immigration, and cheerleading for every creative cruelty invented by ICE.

The Nunes farm, like every other Iowa dairy farm, depends on undocumented labor.
    That puts Nunes — and his Trump-supporting Iowa neighbors — in the hyper hypocritical position of screaming about the problem with immigration, while benefiting from the issue. And pounding the table about good jobs of Americans, while quietly making sure those jobs don’t exist. And congressmen like Nunes aren’t just aware this is going on, they’re directly involved.
    Ryan Lizza wrote a piece for Esquire.

Anyway, he tried to interview some of the Nunes family for the piece but instead they tailed him while he was researching the piece, refused to talk to him, and generally tried to scare him off. It’s a good piece of writing with a lot of twists and turns.

One more thing to add is that while he was working on the article, the Nunes family had the local publication delete the only existing news story which mentioned that they had moved to Iowa from California. Shady as heck.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st October 2018), Elen (1st October 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd October 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    According to The New York Times, the Trump administration is preparing to weaken the rules on mercury emissions. Earlier they have also already abandoned the Endangered Species Act in favor of the fossil fuel industry. Apparently human health and the balance of the ecosystem are less important than the bank accounts of the big industries.

Take a good look, all you Trump supporters who are reading this. That's right, I'm looking at you, "A Voice from the Mountains" over at Project Avalon. There's your Messiah for you — the savior of God Bless America™. The only ones he's saving are the parasites who take the money out of your wallet while you're not looking and then poison you for gratitude.

Always beware of populists. There were people cheering for Adolf too when he rose to power in Germany in the 1930s. And some of them are still alive to beat themselves over the head over that every day. Granted, it won't be all that many anymore by now. After all, the witnesses have to have all disappeared in order for history to become ignored and then gleefully repeated by the exact same breed of fools.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (1st October 2018), Dreamtimer (1st October 2018), Elen (1st October 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd October 2018), Fred Steeves (1st October 2018), Kathy (6th October 2018), Wind (1st October 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    According to The New York Times, the Trump administration is preparing to weaken the rules on mercury emissions. Earlier they have also already abandoned the Endangered Species Act in favor of the fossil fuel industry. Apparently human health and the balance of the ecosystem are less important than the bank accounts of the big industries.

Take a good look, all you Trump supporters who are reading this. That's right, I'm looking at you, "A Voice from the Mountains" over at Project Avalon. There's your Messiah for you — the savior of God Bless America™. The only ones he's saving are the parasites who take the money out of your wallet while you're not looking and then poison you for gratitude.

Always beware of populists. There were people cheering for Adolf too when he rose to power in Germany in the 1930s. And some of them are still alive to beat themselves over the head over that every day. Granted, it won't be all that many anymore by now. After all, the witnesses have to have all disappeared in order for history to become ignored and then gleefully repeated by the exact same breed of fools.
    Comparing Trump to mr Hilter is perhaps a step too far, I don't think the two have anything in common. For one, mr H was a socialist and a failed artist, which Trump is most certainly not. I am personally wary of comparing Conservatives to Nazis, I think that is completely disingenuous. It's not often that I agree with my PM, mr Viktor Orbán, but he did make speech a couple of years ago pointing out that there were two main strains of socialism in the 20 th century, National Socialism and International Socialism, and in their combined effort they managed to murder hundreds of millions of people. Don't forget that Hitler and Stalin were best buds before Hitler betrayed him and would have happily carved up the world between them, if it wasn't for Hitler's certified insanity. The China and North Korea of today are actually taking on most of the characteristics of National Socialism and I'm convinced that at some point we will have to fight them (as in the "West" if such a thing still exists), to stop them taking over the world and making it into a Tyranny.

I actually agree with some of Trump's economic policies, especially how he has taken on China's ridiculously unfair and discriminatory trade practices. His bromance with Kim is ridiculous though, that guy can genuinely be compared to Hitler, unfortunately. Like I said, National Socialism remains a genuine danger to world peace, coming from these two countries, and I doubt we can avoid confronting it head-on.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st October 2018), Elen (1st October 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd October 2018)