Page 35 of 206 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637384585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Just for the record I wonder how many of our US American members would be aware of the shooting that took place here in Belgium.

For those who haven't heard, yesterday, a 31-year-old petty criminal — mostly drug-related stuff, although there was one charge of assault and robbery as well — was let out on penitentiary leave for the 14th time. He was scheduled to be released from prison in 2020. Even though he was a born-and-bred Belgian of West-European ethnicity, it has come to the surface in the meantime that he had converted to Islam while in prison.

While out on penitentiary leave from the prison in Marche-en-Famennes yesterday, the perpetrator first sought out his former cellmate and murdered him. Then he went to the city of Liège, where he attacked two female police officers with a knife, took both of their handguns — two 9-mm pistols with 17 rounds each — and killed them both in cold blood from point-blank range. He then shot and killed a 22-year-old young man in his own car, in front of the young man's mother, who was sitting next to him.

At that point, a police squadron had already arrived on the scene. The perpetrator then shouted "Allahu Akbar" and proceeded to open fire at the police squadron, thereby injuring four more police officers. The police returned fire and were eventually able to incapacitate him. He died of his injuries a short while later.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th May 2018), Elen (30th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st May 2018), Melidae (30th May 2018), modwiz (30th May 2018), Wind (30th May 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    That's awful. The more people do that, the less great they make Allah look...

I was speaking to a friend last night who's worried. She works with a man who is married to a very jealous and highly controlling woman. This woman has guns and likes to shoot at the range a lot. My friend is concerned that this woman is so jealous she might do something like come over and open fire or come to the work place and do something crazy.

No doubt, five or ten years ago my friend wouldn't have quite had the same level of concern.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th May 2018), Elen (30th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st May 2018), Wind (30th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    What is the impulse that drives people to go crazy like this? Religion is one factor for sure, but it's only a part of the equation. Many of the school shooters aren't religious, they just have access to guns. What is happening to human consciousness or is this just how we are? Violence is a way of expressing one's self too.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th May 2018), Elen (30th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Just for the record I wonder how many of our US American members would be aware of the shooting that took place here in Belgium.
    I live in the US and was aware of the shooting in Belgium...although you gave a lot more detail than I could dig up.

I deliberately search online for world news from other countries. If it doesn't fit the 'narrative', the people here would never know what goes on in the rest of the world.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th May 2018), Elen (30th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st May 2018), modwiz (30th May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    The news story was broadcast in NZ, but no direct mention of him shouting out those words. Which I personally don't jump to belief in necessarily happening. Such is the landscape, that my opinion of the media and manipulation of public scripting would just as likely have that part inserted or embellished to add to the desire to create division and animosity.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 9th June 2018 at 06:32.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th May 2018), Elen (30th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st May 2018), modwiz (30th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Melidae View Post
    I live in the US and was aware of the shooting in Belgium...although you gave a lot more detail than I could dig up.

I deliberately search online for world news from other countries. If it doesn't fit the 'narrative', the people here would never know what goes on in the rest of the world.
    The thing is that the media over here now have their mouths full about who's to blame. They can't blame it on guns at large, because first of all, the firearms regulations here are ludicrously strict, so there are very few civilians anymore who own guns, and secondly, the two pistols used by the perpetrator were the service handguns of the two policewomen he murdered. He attacked them with a knife first and then took their guns and shot them. (They were 45 and 53 years old respectively, by the way.)

Quote Originally posted by enjoy being View Post
    The news story was broadcast in NZ, but no direct mention of him shouting out those words. Which I personally don't jump to belief in necessarily happening. Such is the landscape, that my opinion of the media and manipulation of public scripting would just as likely have that part inserted or embellished to add to the desire to create division and animosity.
    He did shout those words. There is video footage of it. However, as I wrote higher up already, he was not of Arabic or Turkish ethnicity. He was a born-and-bred francophone Belgian — with, as is funnily enough often the case among Belgian francophones, a Flemish name — and he had only converted to Islam while in prison. And that in itself is not all that exceptional, given that many inmates are actually of Arabic or Turkish ethnicity as a result of the various waves of mass immigration over here. So he probably converted to Islam under the influence of those other inmates.

The guy had been a drug-related delinquent ever since he was 16, and had repeatedly been involved in other petty crimes — plus one robbery with assault. So it's safe to say that this was not a mentally stable individual. Therefore, it is highly likely that he had indeed converted to Islam — according to the warden, he prayed every day — and that he simply used Islam as a cover for his aggression.

It was obvious that he sought to confront the police, even though I don't know why he killed his former cellmate, nor why he killed that young man in his car. Perhaps more details regarding the perpetrator's psychological profile that would explain all of this will be surfacing via the news media later.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (30th May 2018), Emil El Zapato (31st May 2018), modwiz (30th May 2018), Wind (30th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts

For those who haven't heard, yesterday, a 31-year-old petty criminal — mostly drug-related stuff, although there was one charge of assault and robbery as well — was let out on penitentiary leave for the 14th time. He was scheduled to be released from prison in 2020. Even though he was a born-and-bred Belgian of West-European ethnicity, it has come to the surface in the meantime that he had converted to Islam while in prison.

While out on penitentiary leave from the prison in Marche-en-Famennes yesterday, the perpetrator first sought out his former cellmate and murdered him. Then he went to the city of Liège, where he attacked two female police officers with a knife, took both of their handguns — two 9-mm pistols with 17 rounds each — and killed them both in cold blood from point-blank range. He then shot and killed a 22-year-old young man in his own car, in front of the young man's mother, who was sitting next to him.

At that point, a police squadron had already arrived on the scene. The perpetrator then shouted "Allahu Akbar" and proceeded to open fire at the police squadron, thereby injuring four more police officers. The police returned fire and were eventually able to incapacitate him. He died of his injuries a short while later.
    me, I've never heard you mention any of these sorts of events in Belgium...I didn't expect to see this...Now I'll read your post...

I'm wondering if you consider it 'terrorism'...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (31st May 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (31st May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    me, I've never heard you mention any of these sorts of events in Belgium...I didn't expect to see this...Now I'll read your post...

I'm wondering if you consider it 'terrorism'...
    Well, I doubt whether the mainstream media would care one iota about what I consider this to have been, but what's interesting is that the Dutch media were already calling it a terrorist attack before the Belgian media ever did. And now the Belgian politicians are also calling it a terrorist attack, and they are supposedly investigating whether there is a link with Islamic State. As if Islamic State regularly comes over to Belgium in order to visit Belgian inmates with the intent of indoctrinating them and deploying them as suicide terrorists, right?

Don't get me wrong. There's no doubt on my mind that Islamic State has infiltrators in Belgium, and considering that a large percentage of all Belgian inmates is actually of Arabic ethnicity — with varying degrees of religious fanaticism — there is indeed a chance that someone might become indoctrinated and/or radicalized while in prison. Furthermore, this guy was known to the Belgian State Secret Service — not because of his criminal actions, but because of his contacts with other criminals who were also on the watch list.

But what I myself do think, is that religions are dangerous, and that fanatic Islam in particular is nothing short of an infectious kind of insanity. And it is a given that this was a mentally unstable person with a past of recurring drug-related crimes. So what I think is that this guy had simply gone off the rails (once again), aided therein by his newly found religious convictions, and that he decided to start a one-man crusade against that aspect of society which he probably hated the most — i.e. the police, because after all, they were the ones who had arrested him time and time again with each of his crimes. He was probably mentally using Islam as an excuse for channeling his hatred against society, and against the police in particular.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it is quite possible that he only killed the young man in the car so as to trigger an alert situation and have the police come over to where he was, because witnesses have reported that he was simply waiting for them to arrive. Quite obviously, they were the real target. That's why he also murdered those two policewomen in cold blood. He also held a woman hostage for a short while, but she was a Muslim and so he let her go.

Either way, I think that the word "terrorism" is being thrown around a bit too gratuitously here in the West these days, and especially when the perpetrator turns out to be either a Muslim or someone of Arabic ethnicity. Of course, it's not all paranoia. Sometimes it's simply politically convenient to apply that moniker. And other times it's actually legit.

But in this case? Nah, I don't think so. Again, we're talking about a drug addict with a long history of recidivism, and one who was on the watch list of the Belgian State Secret Service to boot. Not exactly the kind of guy you would consent to letting out on penitentiary leave, and especially not when there was already the observation that he had converted to Islam while in prison. So they screwed up — what else is new? — and now somebody's head's gotta roll. Might as well make it a big diversion then and turn the whole thing into an act of terrorism by Islamic State against the Belgian state, right?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (31st May 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018), Wind (31st May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Well, I doubt whether the mainstream media would care one iota about what I consider this to have been, but what's interesting is that the Dutch media were already calling it a terrorist attack before the Belgian media ever did. And now the Belgian politicians are also calling it a terrorist attack, and they are supposedly investigating whether there is a link with Islamic State. As if Islamic State regularly comes over to Belgium in order to visit Belgian inmates with the intent of indoctrinating them and deploying them as suicide terrorists, right?

Don't get me wrong. There's no doubt on my mind that Islamic State has infiltrators in Belgium, and considering that a large percentage of all Belgian inmates is actually of Arabic ethnicity — with varying degrees of religious fanaticism — there is indeed a chance that someone might become indoctrinated and/or radicalized while in prison. Furthermore, this guy was known to the Belgian State Secret Service — not because of his criminal actions, but because of his contacts with other criminals who were also on the watch list.

But what I myself do think, is that religions are dangerous, and that fanatic Islam in particular is nothing short of an infectious kind of insanity. And it is a given that this was a mentally unstable person with a past of recurring drug-related crimes. So what I think is that this guy had simply gone off the rails (once again), aided therein by his newly found religious convictions, and that he decided to start a one-man crusade against that aspect of society which he probably hated the most — i.e. the police, because after all, they were the ones who had arrested him time and time again with each of his crimes. He was probably mentally using Islam as an excuse for channeling his hatred against society, and against the police in particular.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it is quite possible that he only killed the young man in the car so as to trigger an alert situation and have the police come over to where he was, because witnesses have reported that he was simply waiting for them to arrive. Quite obviously, they were the real target. That's why he also murdered those two policewomen in cold blood. He also held a woman hostage for a short while, but she was a Muslim and so he let her go.

Either way, I think that the word "terrorism" is being thrown around a bit too gratuitously here in the West these days, and especially when the perpetrator turns out to be either a Muslim or someone of Arabic ethnicity. Of course, it's not all paranoia. Sometimes it's simply politically convenient to apply that moniker. And other times it's actually legit.

But in this case? Nah, I don't think so. Again, we're talking about a drug addict with a long history of recidivism, and one who was on the watch list of the Belgian State Secret Service to boot. Not exactly the kind of guy you would consent to letting out on penitentiary leave, and especially not when there was already the observation that he had converted to Islam while in prison. So they screwed up — what else is new? — and now somebody's head's gotta roll. Might as well make it a big diversion then and turn the whole thing into an act of terrorism by Islamic State against the Belgian state, right?
    Good explanation and probably accurate..
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (1st June 2018), Dreamtimer (6th June 2018), Elen (1st June 2018)

Thanks
    This is the road we would use to go to Ellicott City and the parking lot that we would park in. The pipe under the road clearly wasn't up to one-in-a-thousand year standards.:P

There were five catastrophic floods from the 1800s up to the end of the 20th century.

There have been five such catastrophic floods starting year 2000.

The huge pile of rocks in front of the house on the left are from the last flood. They found this flood moving:P
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 1st June 2018 at 12:29.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (1st June 2018), Elen (2nd June 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st June 2018), enjoy being (1st June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (1st June 2018), Dreamtimer (1st June 2018), Elen (2nd June 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018), Wind (1st June 2018)

Thanks
    It was part of our founding ideology to conquer nature. (In America) It's all over our literature.

Humans are attempting to engage in weather control all over the world. I'm pretty sure we don't understand the complex global weather systems enough to actually succeed.

But I guess local cloud seeding is perceived as successful enough that it's done regularly.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (1st June 2018), Elen (2nd June 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st June 2018), enjoy being (1st June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018), Wind (1st June 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (1st June 2018), Dreamtimer (1st June 2018), Elen (2nd June 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    Arizona Sentinal gets props for headline:

Miss America Dropping Swimsuits and Won't Judge on Looks.

(I come from there...)

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), Kathy (12th June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    62 ongoing conflicts around the world according to Wonkypedia.

The country with the most deaths by quite a bit is Syria.

I was wondering how much of the world is at war.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th June 2018), Aragorn (6th June 2018), Elen (6th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th June 2018), Kathy (12th June 2018), modwiz (6th June 2018), Wind (6th June 2018)