Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151
Results 2,251 to 2,261 of 2261

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

  1. #2251
    Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    13,882
    Thanks
    66,872
    Thanked 59,547 Times in 13,794 Posts
    This biggest and most important thing that President Biden has done, imo, is actually talk to the American People. He and his Press Secretary actually talk to us, answer questions without attacking reporters and calling them names, and give actual information as opposed to empty talking points.

    Biden has passed some very important bills while swimming against the current because he can't paddle upstream since both his canoe and paddles were taken.

    Recall that he was not given a peaceful transfer of power nor was he given the usual honeymoon period.

    If you actually compare media reports, when Trump got the same job numbers his economy was 'booming'. When Biden gets even better numbers the media says his economy is 'sluggish'.

    (One day, in fantasy land, people will actually see that the media was way too nice to conservatives and regularly propped them up and made them look better than they were. Of course, the damage is already done.)

    Most importantly, to me anyway, Biden does't deny the insurrection nor does he sweep it under the rug.

    If you want to die from a disease, deny it. Then it will kill you. This is metaphorically true here in the States, and also literally true as more and more people die unnecessarily from Covid.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    BeastOfBologna (7th January 2022), Wind (8th January 2022)

  3. #2252
    Senior Member BeastOfBologna's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    9,044
    Thanks
    29,781
    Thanked 35,458 Times in 8,936 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    This biggest and most important thing that President Biden has done, imo, is actually talk to the American People. He and his Press Secretary actually talk to us, answer questions without attacking reporters and calling them names, and give actual information as opposed to empty talking points.

    Biden has passed some very important bills while swimming against the current because he can't paddle upstream since both his canoe and paddles were taken.

    Recall that he was not given a peaceful transfer of power nor was he given the usual honeymoon period.

    If you actually compare media reports, when Trump got the same job numbers his economy was 'booming'. When Biden gets even better numbers the media says his economy is 'sluggish'.

    (One day, in fantasy land, people will actually see that the media was way too nice to conservatives and regularly propped them up and made them look better than they were. Of course, the damage is already done.)

    Most importantly, to me anyway, Biden does't deny the insurrection nor does he sweep it under the rug.

    If you want to die from a disease, deny it. Then it will kill you. This is metaphorically true here in the States, and also literally true as more and more people die unnecessarily from Covid.
    Hi DT,

    yeah, Biden is working ... it's no wonder that his numbers are bad ... I'm convinced in the current climate Jesus is under 50% approval. Half of us are stark raving mad. I've been reading a 'zeitgeist' history of Europe lately and I realized that as people have been saying we are experiencing a rerun of 20th century Germany. What is different though is what segment of the populace is 'zeitgeisting' the run toward authoritarianism. In 1920's Germany it was the intelligentsia that led the change. It was the Professors of the university systems that wanted to see the rise of the uber-German. In fact, the primary mover was a homosexual anti-semitic named Schramm. Their perspective was that of a romantic Victorian vision of the former great leaders. The similarity here is that the vision was a fantasy not based on the reality of history, fake history as Aianawa would say. But the incremental movement was one of most, "Oh well, we can't do any better than Hitler to accomplish the goal so let's do it"

    Stated succinctly, it was indifference to the social mechanisms of ethics, COMPASSION, and justice.

    What is different now is that the movers are essentially the clueless and their manipulation by the overtly political and authoritarian with the Great Leader holding the analogous position of Hitler.
    “To seek self-knowledge is to embark on a journey which ... will always be incomplete" - courtesy of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeastOfBologna For This Useful Post:

    Dreamtimer (8th January 2022), Wind (8th January 2022)

  5. #2253
    Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    13,882
    Thanks
    66,872
    Thanked 59,547 Times in 13,794 Posts
    Jesus is being left behind by prosperity gospel. This take on Christianity is pretty much the opposite of the teachings of Jesus. And so we have Americans who say they don't care if money came from criminal activity. A person is blessed by God to have it. So they should lead.

    Jesus would both weep and turn tables over at the current state of the Christian churches, imo.

    I'm watching people still call the President sleepy Joe. What in the world are they paying attention to? He's been quite busy.

    But I guess people prefer a guy who sits and watches TV hours a day. Weird though, since they say they don't like the Deep State. Supporting a guy who lets the Deep State do whatever it wants while he watches Fox and OAN and saying he fights the Deep State is pretty bat-shit crazy.

    But then, I never thought Trump followers were very sane.

    Which is why I'm entirely confused by folks I know, who should know better.

    Crazy times.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    BeastOfBologna (8th January 2022), Wind (8th January 2022)

  7. #2254
    Senior Member BeastOfBologna's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    9,044
    Thanks
    29,781
    Thanked 35,458 Times in 8,936 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Jesus is being left behind by prosperity gospel. This take on Christianity is pretty much the opposite of the teachings of Jesus. And so we have Americans who say they don't care if money came from criminal activity. A person is blessed by God to have it. So they should lead.

    Jesus would both weep and turn tables over at the current state of the Christian churches, imo.

    I'm watching people still call the President sleepy Joe. What in the world are they paying attention to? He's been quite busy.

    But I guess people prefer a guy who sits and watches TV hours a day. Weird though, since they say they don't like the Deep State. Supporting a guy who lets the Deep State do whatever it wants while he watches Fox and OAN and saying he fights the Deep State is pretty bat-shit crazy.

    But then, I never thought Trump followers were very sane.

    Which is why I'm entirely confused by folks I know, who should know better.

    Crazy times.
    Well, the pattern can be discerned I believe. Combination of magical thinking, wishful thinking, and a genetic predisposition towards authoritarianism. I mustn't forget 'romanticism'. Romanticism is what has led us to hell and back in just about any way I can envision. But, in this case, a romanticism rooted in the self-aggrandizement of one's historical heritage. Most all of it is fantasy and American history is not a far cry from that norm. Witness Aianawa's Sepulfhur, the guy is the spittin' prototype of fake historical wishful and magical thinking. Here's an interesting historical footnote: To be considered a magical King leader in the early middle ages merely required a passing familiarity with algebra. Plenty of romantic legends have evolved around that.
    “To seek self-knowledge is to embark on a journey which ... will always be incomplete" - courtesy of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeastOfBologna For This Useful Post:

    Dreamtimer (Today), Wind (8th January 2022)

  9. #2255
    Super Moderator Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January 2015
    Location
    Just here
    Posts
    4,313
    Thanks
    22,966
    Thanked 19,079 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    Well, the pattern can be discerned I believe. Combination of magical thinking, wishful thinking, and a genetic predisposition towards authoritarianism. I mustn't forget 'romanticism'. Romanticism is what has led us to hell and back in just about any way I can envision.
    Are you perhaps referring to Manifest destiny there?

    Here's an interesting historical footnote: To be considered a magical King leader in the early middle ages merely required a passing familiarity with algebra. Plenty of romantic legends have evolved around that.
    Interesting. So they considered math magical?

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

    BeastOfBologna (8th January 2022), Dreamtimer (Today)

  11. #2256
    Senior Member BeastOfBologna's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    9,044
    Thanks
    29,781
    Thanked 35,458 Times in 8,936 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Are you perhaps referring to Manifest destiny there?



    Interesting. So they considered math magical?
    yup, imagine that, huh ... yeah Manifest Destiny is a very good example.
    “To seek self-knowledge is to embark on a journey which ... will always be incomplete" - courtesy of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeastOfBologna For This Useful Post:

    Dreamtimer (Today), Wind (8th January 2022)

  13. #2257
    Super Moderator Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January 2015
    Location
    Just here
    Posts
    4,313
    Thanks
    22,966
    Thanked 19,079 Times in 4,319 Posts

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

    Dreamtimer (Today)

  15. #2258
    Senior Member BeastOfBologna's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    9,044
    Thanks
    29,781
    Thanked 35,458 Times in 8,936 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    FDR was a communist ... and he wasn't even Jewish ... was he ... hmm
    “To seek self-knowledge is to embark on a journey which ... will always be incomplete" - courtesy of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to BeastOfBologna For This Useful Post:

    Dreamtimer (Today)

  17. #2259
    Super Moderator Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January 2015
    Location
    Just here
    Posts
    4,313
    Thanks
    22,966
    Thanked 19,079 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    FDR was a communist ... and he wasn't even Jewish ... was he ... hmm
    Your kind of guy?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

    Dreamtimer (Today)

  19. #2260
    Super Moderator Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th January 2015
    Location
    Just here
    Posts
    4,313
    Thanks
    22,966
    Thanked 19,079 Times in 4,319 Posts

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

    Dreamtimer (Today)

  21. #2261
    Senior Member BeastOfBologna's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    9,044
    Thanks
    29,781
    Thanked 35,458 Times in 8,936 Posts
    Talk about wishful thinking... We can see what it means right now 'to hold all the power'. Never happen. Dems have a conscience which means they can't have all the power.
    “To seek self-knowledge is to embark on a journey which ... will always be incomplete" - courtesy of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to BeastOfBologna For This Useful Post:

    Dreamtimer (Today)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •