Page 141 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4191131138139140141142143144151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3083

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 43,164 Times in 11,946 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sourcetruth View Post
    There are some things that I like about Tucker, although I don't consider myself a republican or democrat. He has been taking the ideas of UFOs seriously on his show for years and covered the topic more then a few times over the years.
    Hi ST, I went to a UFO conference a couple of years ago mainly to see Nick Pope speak and Pope said the same thing. I whispered to my daughter that when an individual or news agency has zero credibility they have nothing to lose when dealing with the outre subject matter.

Russia traditionally has been a very good source for edge science information. Same deal.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th May 2021), sourcetruth (22nd May 2021), Wind (22nd May 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Yep...

Can't trust those far Right lunatics over at "The Intercept" either. You know, those same goons like Glenn Greenwald?

And to boot, "this deluded a-hole" has the computer wizardry capabilities to take old Biden clips, and actually make it appear as if a US Democrat is capable of deceit.
    Fred, even if there was substantial truth to the claim of deliberate lying, which there isn't, it is senseless to conflate Mandela thanking him for getting arrested to the lying of Gaetz, Trump, January 6th, Nixon, McCarthy (both of them), and all the rest of 'them'. There is just no comparison. Give it up and face the reality that your 'old' party is seriously ill. I've calculated that 1 in 2 rightist person is a psychopath, sociopath, paranoid, schizotypal, antisocial, narcissist, or whatever dissociated personality one can think of.

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Greenwald left the Intercept last year.

Someone can look at left leaning sources like Daily Kos or TYT and right leaning sources like the Bulwark and myriad sources which aren't left or right. If someone actually wants full fledged info, that is.

Trade magazines are a good thing to peruse because they don't have time to feck around with spin. They have work to do. They keep much more to facts.

I've never been interested in being spoon-fed or profiled or funneled. So I avoid it constantly. I don't want 'suggested' or 'you may like'. Not interested. I can look for myself, thank you very much.

It's also helpful to listen to my brother. I can count on him to have the latest talking points and spin (from the right) and I can see quickly how things are being twisted without having to slog through a bunch of nasty stuff.

Bright side, you know.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,089 Times in 2,652 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    Fred, even if there was substantial truth to the claim of deliberate lying, which there isn't, it is senseless to conflate Mandela thanking him for getting arrested to the lying of Gaetz, Trump, January 6th, Nixon, McCarthy (both of them), and all the rest of 'them'. There is just no comparison. Give it up and face the reality that your 'old' party is seriously ill. I've calculated that 1 in 2 rightist person is a psychopath, sociopath, paranoid, schizotypal, antisocial, narcissist, or whatever dissociated personality one can think of.
    Well first off, questioning/challenging one side of the great divide, does not necessitate loyalty to the other side. I walked away from the Republican party 12 years ago and never looked back, after being a lifetime partisan hack like you two my whole life before then, so I know exactly what black and white thinking looks like. "My side good, other side bad, and nothing can happen that will ever change that".

The good news is, I give you credit for at least being open about your loyalty to the Democrat establishment at all cost, just as I was back in the day to the party of Limbaugh. Your other half looks like a partisan hack, walks like a partisan hack and quacks like a partisan hack, all while claiming to be completely neutral. It's obvious, it's ridiculous, and it's not a good look for the forum especially from a moderator who should be able to display more well rounded thinking than that.

Overall you two are the mirror image of the Alt Right circle jerk going on over at The Project, but I'm going to award you one of those much celebrated TYT badges anyway, just for your straightforwardness on the matter.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th May 2021), Elen (24th May 2021)

Thanks
    Well first off, questioning/challenging one side of the great divide, does not necessitate loyalty to the other side. I walked away from the Republican party 12 years ago and never looked back, after being a lifetime partisan hack like you two my whole life before then, so I know exactly what black and white thinking looks like. "My side good, other side bad, and nothing can happen that will ever change that".

The good news is, I give you credit for at least being open about your loyalty to the Democrat establishment at all cost, just as I was back in the day to the party of Limbaugh. Your other half looks like a partisan hack, walks like a partisan hack and quacks like a partisan hack, all while claiming to be completely neutral. It's obvious, it's ridiculous, and it's not a good look for the forum especially from a moderator who should be able to display more well rounded thinking than that.

Overall you two are the mirror image of the Alt Right circle jerk going on over at The Project, but I'm going to award you one of those much celebrated TYT badges anyway, just for your straightforwardness on the matter.
    Why, thank you Fred ... we are on the way to rapprochement.

Senior Member United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    Hi ST, I went to a UFO conference a couple of years ago mainly to see Nick Pope speak and Pope said the same thing. I whispered to my daughter that when an individual or news agency has zero credibility they have nothing to lose when dealing with the outre subject matter.

Russia traditionally has been a very good source for edge science information. Same deal.
    Hi BeastOfBologna,
    Do you know if there any source of information on UFOs that you would recommend to me? I am curious.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th May 2021), Elen (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2021), Wind (24th May 2021)

Thanks
    I'm having my usual Saturday out synchronicities:
    About 9 or 10 months ago, I let a 'ware' object into my system and i have been fighting daily barrages of scam phone calls, emails, and texts since. I posted earlier about confiding my paranoid stories to my neighbor and here it is in an attempted short form.

A month ago I received a job offer for the best opportunity of my life. Best pay, stock options, the chance to work with people like myself, a group of let's have some fun with this damn engineering thing and oh by the way make bushels of money while we're at it. It was a startup company with the CEO having a history of turning 3 former startups into fortune 500 companies. I spoke with him and we negotiated a salary that 'he' thought was fair. The interview process was completely unorthodox and it set my spidey sense to high gear tingling having already been scammed by another company this year. Anyway, I told my recruiter as great as this job was and as great as the credentials of the company was I was a little leery of the too good to be true 'feeling' of the opportunity.

I explained to her that I wasn't going to sign up for 'Direct Deposit' of paychecks until I got a least one paycheck in the mail. The recruiter alerted me to the fact that I would get paid only every two weeks because they had to be mail delivered. I said that's fine with me. So anyway, on my 1st day of work the technical manager informed me that to complete an upcoming task I would have to do some research. I was totally cool with that, I love doing research and I am very good at it due to my natural ability to read and absorb new information at an exceptionally high rate (I've never worked with anybody that I felt was better and faster at it than me). In fact, I had to take a knowledge assessment to get the gig. I scored at a 92% percentile of all the people that have taken that assessment given to me by a very large and successful software engineering recruiting company.

As you may or may not suspect, that was my first tipoff that this whole thing was a scam ... I never ever score that well on engineering knowledge-based tests. I've just never cared enough to learn in-depth knowledge, I'm always doing on-the-job training but I have been doing it for a good while now, so that helps.

So the 1st week I got acclimated and told the tech manager rather than just reading documentation and finding my way around I would prefer that he just assign me some tasks to complete because I learn much better when actually doing something. He said he thought that was an excellent idea all the while complimenting me that level of knowledge was higher than what he had expected (I'd call that a left-handed compliment.) Anyway, things are going swimmingly, I did several not insignificant tasks and went back for more work. (This is all remote work with their fairly obscure online meeting software which was pretty sophisticated in truth). So, here comes my big moment ... research time. I did the research and completed a 1st version by the next day. The single and only time the tech manager showed any indication at all that I wasn't perfect was now. He said that my solution wouldn't work because the code I had written was not 'obfuscated' enough to meet the needs of the required security protocols going into place for their project. The project was a method of spreading 'information' all over the cloud spectrum to maintain an indestructible level of privacy. So, I say yes, I had considered that and then asked the techie if he had any suggestions. He said, well you'll have to research. I said ok and started beating the bushes for a good solution and I found it. Not exactly as elegant as I would have liked but I put together several conceptual approaches to get it done. It was a fine piece of work and parts of it were indeed elegant in face of the less than pretty proposed solutions that I had investigated.

All is good, I asked for more work and once again accomplished the tasks by the next day implementing things they weren't sure could even be done ... frankly, my specialty. On the following Monday, I was remotely invited to a team meeting to discuss future project directions and I continued to have the weird feeling that I was the center of attention, or rather being made to feel that way, I didn't for a second think it was sincere. My tech manager said in the meeting that he had the next 3 or 4 months of tasks for me to work on and to plan for that. I responded, 'I understand'. I saw the female project manager twitch when he said that and I immediately started thinking, "F*CK, here we go".

So Tuesday comes and the place is very uncharacteristically silent, Wednesday comes and things are still weirdly quiet. Thursday comes and the day is half over and it is still quiet. I'm getting the ringing of alarm bells so I call my recruiter and she says well let me talk to my boss and see if he can contact them and see what is going on. Bear in mind this is the following week AFTER I completed my research project. The Monday of the meeting is the day I received my 1st paycheck in the mail. As a side note, I was introduced to the HR manager - the one that processes Direct Deposit and she was a strikingly attractive older lady ... younger than me, no doubt.

I later find out the tech manager is out on Tuesday for personal business. I think his business was to put money in an account to cover the expense of my paycheck ... just my opinion.
    So bottom line I hear later the day of my call to the recruiter that they decided I took too long to complete the research task. The only task I did in my time with the company that actually had a time frame associated was the one that was used as an excuse to end employment. I had been told that the reason I was hired under a contract when it was meant to be a full-time position was that they were anxious for me to start immediately and it was logistically impossible to get the equipment that I needed to me so quickly. Oddities about the entire process proliferated. The CEO said my work was not "A try and buy contract", it was just a contingency brought on by the desire to get me there and working.

Ok, enough of that:
    I went to my credit union that I have been doing business with for over 20 years, I've only put money in credit unions for over 40 years, I don't do banks, I despise them. I have spoken with them and visited for business several times at least in the last two weeks. The teller asks me if I have a 'password' on the account and I tell him yes and then give the password. This is the only time I have been asked that question in the past few weeks and it surprised me a bit, but what was synchronistic about it was that I was listening to the radio playing a 'story' about a guy and his boyfriend, the guy not liking to form true commitments and asking or receiving help, and the friend volunteering to donate a kidney to the guy. In the story, they name the kidney the same as my password. The name was chosen because it was 'renal' transplant and for 'can't remember the word' meaning rebirth.

Viola', vindication, I'm not slipping into paranoia.

Oh, and when I drove into my driveway, I noticed that after being harassed by my homeowner's association to trim dead leaves from a palm tree that it now looks like a humongous wee wee. I hope they are mortified. We've been going rounds for about 8 years now and it is a load of fun and frustration.

Thanks
    I actually got a letter in the mail yesterday with a name on it that had nothing to do with a phone call I got from another company that resolved a major hurdle i had been trying to jump?

So, that was either another synchronicity or group work between the Dark Web and the CIA ... possibly the NSA or the DoD(I had been working a project for them in the last month), maybe the FBI or worst of all the Deep State! Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My.

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by sourcetruth View Post
    Hi BeastOfBologna,
    Do you know if there any source of information on UFOs that you would recommend to me? I am curious.
    Good question, I think the best going right now is Corbin or is it Corbell, the Jeremy dude. He's according to some very sensible sources getting leaked information. Nick Pope is pretty much unassailable. Most everybody else is questionable. Luis Elizondo I believe can be considered credible, but he's high on the list of 'suspicious dudes' in the conspiracy community. Dr. Jacques Vallee is tops also but he favors a non-physical solution to the old questions. Sources that have a line of connection to Harry Reid could be trusted I'm sure. Richard Dolan at one time was good but I think he sold out or went stupid, one or the other.

There are numerous histories of the phenomena, some better than others. The list of 'claimers' is long, too but I think the best stories belong to Travis Walton, Betty and Barney Hill, most of the military personnel that don't have an obvious agenda are very interesting. I would discount anyone that claims a military background that isn't immediately verifiable, those folks have just jumped on the money wagon and are full of it. Charles Holt, military dude at Rendlesham Forest is highly believable. Former Governor of Arizona, Fife Symington is another highly credible witness. There are stories from much older history that are also highly credible ... Seargeant Lonnie Zamora of of Socorro, New Mexico is another credible witness. Have fun reading, researching, and learning. I've been doing it for close to 60 years, since i was knee-high to a grasshopper and I have never lost faith in the phenomena but got doubtful due to questionable behavior by the likes of Dr. Stephen Greer.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th May 2021), Elen (24th May 2021), sourcetruth (22nd May 2021), Wind (23rd May 2021)

Thanks

they are mirrors Fred, one mirrors constant lies, the other mirrors the truth. I am total partisan hack for the simple truth. If you could point out, one, just one Republican that mirrors honesty and compassion for the underclasses and not for the corporatocracy, that mirrors loyalty or even a desire for such for those values I would be on their side in a flash. It's not political parties, it's human values, Fred and the right has none in sight. I have no other motivation. It is deep and it is unfailing.

Thanks
    Oh, Fred, you're sweet. But as you already know, I've already earned several badges of honor directly from you.

I don't need no stinkin' you tube channel.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (24th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (24th May 2021), Wind (24th May 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Oh, Fred, you're sweet. But as you already know, I've already earned several badges of honor directly from you.

I don't need no stinkin' you tube channel.

But you awarded those to yourself. Self awarding feel good Anna badges is like nicknaming yourself, it’s one of those things needs to be decided by others.

I awarded your partner a feel good badge because he earned it, he owns his hyper partisan positions like a trooper without wavering, so far as I’m concerned the tally stands at 1-0.

Socrates

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th May 2021)

Thanks
    It's not existing in a void, my friend. You open the door each time you come here. You can't seem to help yourself, judging and labelling.

It's a victory for me because if the various real Americans whose voices I posted were really insipid, as you claimed, you wouldn't have even bothered.

But you did. Because that truth that can't be quieted is triggering.

Not only did I get a badge...

I leveled up.

Thanks, man.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (25th May 2021)

Thanks
    Congratulations on the latest self awarded badge, you must be very proud of yet another accomplishment on that order of magnitude.

Go Team D no questions asked, and fuck the republicans in every conceivable thought word and deed
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 25th May 2021 at 22:34.

Socrates

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (25th May 2021)

Thanks
    Good Lord. The last thing America needs is another Contract On America...(my preposition)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (26th May 2021)