Page 114 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115116117124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3083

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    4.669 that is the key to universe...Why I never... I think that is the number of the evil one. it's the 4, if it was 3 then it would be heavenly ...
    But the answer to life, the universe and everything is still 42.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st September 2020), Dreamtimer (1st September 2020), Elen (1st September 2020), Emil El Zapato (31st August 2020), Wind (1st September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    maybe 17
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st September 2020), Dreamtimer (1st September 2020), Elen (1st September 2020)

Thanks
    maybe 17

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st September 2020), Dreamtimer (1st September 2020), Elen (1st September 2020), Emil El Zapato (31st August 2020), Wind (1st September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st September 2020), Aragorn (1st September 2020), Dreamtimer (1st September 2020), Elen (1st September 2020), Emil El Zapato (1st September 2020)

Thanks
    Amen, brother, I'm with Tesla ... I think it has been explored of what Tesla meant. I've never followed up on it. I have my own reasons for 'feeling' it.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st September 2020), Dreamtimer (1st September 2020), Elen (2nd September 2020), Wind (1st September 2020)

Thanks
    I really can't imagine arranging a lineup of disgusting humans that can beat Trump's. He's batting a 1.000

Author Naughty Peter Navarro

By Daniel L. Muñoz

Peter Navarro
    It is not often that one has the pleasure of sitting down to read a book about someone that has participated in several political campaigns. It is hurtful to discover that his participation and that of his political cronies, has been totally ignored by the author, Peter Navarro.

Navarro manages to write about his political life experiences in "San Diego Confidential: A Candidate's Odyssey" in a charming and funny way. And he still managed to "stick it" to the numerous Mexican Americans, Latinos, & Hispanic political activists who assisted in his campaign by ignoring them as so much wallpaper on the wall.(Mon Candidate don't ever ignore segments of the community that have helped you in the past. You may need them again). However, that story will probably have to be written by a disenchanted Chicano who is fed up with being taken for granted by politicos begging for their vote and support only to be cast aside once victory is won.

Peter Navarro, who in his several incarnations tried to pass as a `Latino,' `Italian" and as an American Indian, would have raised all the funds he needed from the Viejas and Barona tribes and not have to humiliate and humbled himself before the economic élites in Washington D.C. or elsewhere. The utter destruction of his character and ego caused by his need to `suck' up to the money boys led to some of the best `zingers' in his little expose of the political establishment as it functions in the good ole U.S. of A.

Navarro does a neat job as he took us down memory lane with her `Royal Highness' "Susan Golding." (Mon candidate as an aspiring nobody you should not, like a moth, get too close to the flame of a fem fatal. You will only lose). Having tasted of the sweet nectar that flowed from the lips of his seductress, Navarro was doomed, just like all the other men in her life, to play second fiddle to her ambitions. Your race against Susan was doomed to fail once you turned your back on those little `brown' voters south of I-8.

I am glad that you can enjoy a sort of gallows humor out of your many disastrous campaign errors that you made. But Mon candidate "San Diego Confidential: A Candidate's Odyssey" is a delightful book to wrap up with over a bottle of whiskey and laugh your guts out at your expense. It is not often that a lousy candidate can turn out to be one `hell' of a humorous writer.

If you care to learn the insider's story of politics in this little city of ours, pick up Navarro's book. What the heck it is only $9.95 and you get to read all about the political dirty laundry in Americas Finest City and of all the `movers and shakers' in America's Finest City.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th September 2020), Elen (5th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Who Invented the Lightbulb: You are welcome to reference this post at PA, Frank <snicker><snicker>

Lewis Howard Latimer was born in Chelsea, Massachusetts, on September 4, 1848, the youngest of four children of Rebecca Latimer (1823 – August 13, 1910) and George Latimer (July 4, 1818 – May 29, 1897). George Latimer had been the slave of James B. Gray of Virginia. George Latimer ran away to freedom to Boston, Massachusetts, in October 1842, along with his mother Rebecca, who had been the slave of another man. When Gray, the slaver, appeared in Boston to take them back to Virginia, it became a noted case in the movement for abolition of slavery, gaining the involvement of such abolitionists as William Lloyd Garrison. Eventually funds were raised to pay Gray $400 for the freedom of George Latimer.

Lewis Howard Latimer joined the U.S. Navy at the age of 15 on September 16, 1863, and served as a Landsman on the USS Massasoit. After receiving an honorable discharge from the U.S Navy on July 3, 1865, he gained employment as an office boy with a patent law firm, Crosby Halstead and Gould, with a $3.00 per week salary. He learned how to use a set square, ruler and other tools. Later, after his boss recognized his talent for sketching patent drawings, Latimer was promoted to the position of head draftsman earning $20.00 a week by 1872.

Latimer married Mary Wilson Lewis on November 15, 1873, in Fall River, Massachusetts. She was born in Providence, Rhode Island, the daughter of William and Louisa M. Lewis. The couple had two daughters, Emma Jeanette (June 12, 1883 – February 1978) and Louise Rebecca (April 19, 1890 – January 1963). Jeanette married Gerald Fitzherbert Norman, the first black person hired as a high school teacher in the New York City public school system, and had two children: Winifred Latimer Norman (October 7, 1914 – February 4, 2014), a social worker who served as the guardian of her grandfather's legacy; and Gerald Latimer Norman (December 22, 1911 – August 26, 1990), who became an administrative law judge.

For 25 years, from 1903 until his death in 1928, Latimer lived with his family in a home on Holly Avenue in what is now known as East Flushing section of Queens, New York. Latimer died on December 11, 1928, at the age of 80. Approximately sixty years after his death, his home was moved from Holly Avenue to 137th Street in Flushing, Queens, which is about 1.4 miles northwest of its original location.

Technical work and inventions
    In 1874, Latimer co-patented (with Charles M. Brown) an improved toilet system for railroad cars called the Water Closet for Railroad Cars (U.S. Patent 147,363).

In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell employed Latimer, then a draftsman at Bell's patent law firm, to draft the necessary drawings required to receive a patent for Bell's telephone.

In 1879, he moved to Bridgeport, Connecticut, with his brother William, his mother Rebecca, and his wife Mary. Other family members, his brother George A. Latimer and his wife Jane, and his sister Margaret and her husband Augustus T. Hawley and their children, were already living there. Lewis was hired as assistant manager and draftsman for the U.S. Electric Lighting Company, a company owned by Hiram Maxim, a rival of Thomas A. Edison.

The light bulb
    Latimer received a patent on January 17, 1882 for the "Process of Manufacturing Carbons", an improved method for the production of lightbulb carbon filaments.

The Edison Electric Light Company in New York City hired Latimer in 1884, as a draftsman and an expert witness in patent litigation on electric lights. While at Edison, Latimer wrote the first book on electric lighting, Incandescent Electric Lighting (1890) and supervised the installation of public electric lights throughout New York, Philadelphia, Montreal, and London. When that company was combined in 1892 with the Thomson-Houston Electric Company to form General Electric, he continued to work in the legal department. In 1911, he became a patent consultant to law firms.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th September 2020), Dreamtimer (5th September 2020), Elen (5th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Who Invented the Lightbulb: You are welcome to reference this post at PA, Frank <snicker><snicker>
    Thank you very kindly for the consideration, but no, I think I'm going to decline on the offer...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (5th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (6th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    lol, good answer, Frank ... I don't think any response I saw even considered the possibility that there might be some truth to the claim ...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th September 2020), Elen (5th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Truth is, Aragorn, it was these kinds of follow up posts that got me banned from PA, the 1st time around. After a few exchanges I got mobbed by every empty headed swiss cheese brain on the site. I was willing to play that game, but certain elements weren't willing to let me play it. I use to think I was a cute warrior for truth, justice, and the American Way. Now, I just think i'm a crazy senile mock up of Don kwicksoT

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th September 2020), Elen (5th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th September 2020), Elen (5th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    My logical side says this can't happen because the U.S. can't possibly be that depraved but then that's what I reassured my daughter (the one time I actually lied to her, but it wasn't deliberate). My crazy side says f*ck.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th September 2020), Elen (7th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (7th September 2020)

Thanks
    Psychopath Watch: One of the more accomplished liars in the current administration has been on the news today, note that he was confirmed by the Senate

Pro-Confederate speeches
    Wilkie said Confederate President Jefferson Davis was a "martyr to 'The Lost Cause'" and an "exceptional man in an exceptional age" in a 1995 speech at the US Capitol. Wilkie also spoke about Robert E. Lee to the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) at a pro-Confederate event in 2009. He also called abolitionists who opposed slavery "radical", "mendacious", and "enemies of liberty", and stated that the Confederate "cause was honorable," while also condemning slavery as "a stain on our story as it is a stain on every civilization in history". Wilkie is a former member of the SCV.

During Wilkie's confirmation hearings, he gave inaccurate answers to Senators in claiming that he had not spoken to Confederate groups in a much longer time than he really had. In sworn statements to the Senate as part of the nomination questionnaire, he failed to include his membership in the Confederate Memorial Committee and omitted his event speeches from responses asking for details on them.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (7th September 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Election Day will no doubt be chaotic.

The U.S. is one of the few democracies in the world where Election Day is not on a weekend or recognized as a federal holiday. Instead, Americans are required to vote on a Tuesday in November, which forces many to choose between exercising their right to vote or earning a day’s pay. The fact that Election Day occurs during a workday disenfranchises many low-wage workers, working parents and others who might not be able to leave work, miss out on paid hours, or find child care in order to cast their ballots.

Add coronavirus into the equation and 2020 is likely to be one of the most daunting elections in history to effectively participate in.

To clear the path to the polls this November — and to bump the country’s abysmal voter turnout rates — hundreds of companies including Coca-Cola, Nike, PayPal and Uber are offering employees a paid day off (or other benefits) to encourage voting. ✄

Along with executives at Patagonia and Levi Strauss & Co., PayPal’s Paasche was one of the organizers of a corporate campaign called Time to Vote, launched ahead of the 2018 midterm elections. Now with over 700 member companies — all offering some form of encouragement for their more than 6 million employees to participate in the upcoming election — the non-partisan effort is raising awareness around the importance of elections and citizen participation.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2020), Elen (10th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (9th September 2020), Wind (9th September 2020)