Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Law of Both

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Paloma View Post
    Today's both moment: woke after a nightmare, and having studied my dreams most of my life, and even the dreams of anyone else who wanted to share theirs, I usually try to figure out if a dream was a stress release, or if it was to be a premonition. Since I have a severe Saturn transit approaching I figured it might be another warning/premonition.
    But then I thought some more, and got reminded that life's patterns are cyclical, and that it could easily have been a release dream as well, of a past event that now might reappear in a new form.

The dream was about me being in a room which was also a large elevator, in a tall building, and with me were husband and friends, and suddenly the cable snapped and we were rushing towards the floor. And we were preparung for the impact. It became quite intricate, withh us placing cushions al around, etc.
    In the end everyone survived, and there were even apologies from the management of the tower, and promises of compensation. The dream ended with us lining up at some window where we were to collect a refund of sorts.

Hitting the bottom is never fun, but I have learnt (as a Capricorn) that it is 3D reality and it needs to be embraced and lived.
    All else is speculation, or fantasy.
    I will continue and accept whatever comes, no fear, and deal with it when it arrives.
    And be as ok withh it as I would have been had the dream be merely a stress release.
    Because only with that attitude can past and future be ok, on both counts.
    when you mentioned the saturn transit i assumed you were a capricorn...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th November 2017), Dreamtimer (5th November 2017), Elen (3rd November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    when you mentioned the saturn transit i assumed you were a capricorn...
    Actually, Saturn transits can affect all signs.
    The impact is often felt hardest by non-Caps, because they are not as used to Saturnian (restrictive) energies as Capricorns are.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th November 2017), Dreamtimer (5th November 2017), Elen (3rd November 2017), Emil El Zapato (3rd November 2017)

Thanks
    yes, Saturn, the Celestial Taskmaster. It ain't always fun...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th November 2017), Dreamtimer (5th November 2017), Elen (4th November 2017), Paloma (3rd November 2017)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Paloma View Post
    You got it, Amanda.
    I believe that even a so-called lazy person has something to offer as long as they are doing inner work, like meditators, and who strive for inner peace. Because that peace will radiate out, and have a positive affect on their environment.

So it would be worthwhile to consider a society where no one is shamed for being humble, living a humble life style, and not being an achiever type.

However, I would still have issues with their opposite, people who are excessive thrill seekers. People who feel dead unless they live on the edge. Maybe someone can help me with that. I would like to find an angle where I can become 100% inclusive.
    Further to this general idea, Paloma, would be a cultural attitude shift that honours the introvert as well as the extrovert.

People who live on the edge, by rock climbing, BASE jumping, etc..etc...are performing a valuable service, provided they limit their thrill seeking to something that will guarantee they don't live much past the age of reproduction.

The thrill seeking genes, also called the warrior genes, (absent tribal warfare that limits this type of individual's lifespan) accumulate in the gene pool, during periods of relative calm, until they are disproportionate.

This type should be steered towards activities that provide an outlet for them. If not, they can easily get their thrills from inter species predation, preying on their own kind.

So should we have a society that includes this type? I would say we already do and that they are largely responsible for shaping our culture in some profoundly negative ways. Are their any benefits? I don't know...what do you think?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th November 2017), Dreamtimer (5th November 2017), Elen (5th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (4th November 2017), Paloma (5th November 2017)

Thanks
    I'm not a big fan of most of these types but some heartily believe they serve a useful societal function:

Police, Firefolks, Concealed Carriers (some of them), EMT's, Surgeons, etc.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th November 2017), Dreamtimer (5th November 2017), Elen (5th November 2017), Paloma (5th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Further to this general idea, Paloma, would be a cultural attitude shift that honours the introvert as well as the extrovert.

People who live on the edge, by rock climbing, BASE jumping, etc..etc...are performing a valuable service, provided they limit their thrill seeking to something that will guarantee they don't live much past the age of reproduction.

The thrill seeking genes, also called the warrior genes, (absent tribal warfare that limits this type of individual's lifespan) accumulate in the gene pool, during periods of relative calm, until they are disproportionate.

This type should be steered towards activities that provide an outlet for them. If not, they can easily get their thrills from inter species predation, preying on their own kind.

So should we have a society that includes this type? I would say we already do and that they are largely responsible for shaping our culture in some profoundly negative ways. Are their any benefits? I don't know...what do you think?
    I've tried before to come up with an answer if there are any benefits, and I don't know either. I agree that they set a negative tone.
    To me the are like mosquitos, and I consider them a nuisance.
    An awake and aware society will perhaps make them obsolete, either by ignoring their antics, or by outright ridiculing them.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th November 2017), Dreamtimer (5th November 2017), Elen (5th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th November 2017)