Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Law of Both

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by sandy View Post
    Very pragmatic and ultimately thought provoking thread and posts...............my head hurts

The only real constant is movement/energy, seen and unseen, including purpose whether Universal or Individual; it all serves Sources mission here on earth.

CREATION ,
    Your head hurts?
    There, there, have some pulsed electro-magnetic energy to make it better.
    Works faster than the speed of light.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st October 2017), Aragorn (28th October 2017), araucaria (1st November 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Elen (28th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th October 2017), sandy (29th October 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    According to the comments this is the best recording ever made.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st October 2017), Aragorn (28th October 2017), araucaria (1st November 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Elen (28th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th October 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by araucaria View Post

Tolerance is the engineering term for the range of dimensions within which a component will function. BOTH precision is required (as a not always attainable ideal) AND a degree of imprecision is allowed. This is where idealism is tempered with pragmatism: workability as a concept is more forgiving than fundamentalist idealism. There are multiple solutions that will work, and while yours may be different from mine, BOTH will get the job done.
    Thank you for speaking to both my mind and my heart. Loved your interpretation of Tosca. Pretending to be dead is truth to every one who has had an NDE.

A little taste of Tosca...3:21

Last edited by Elen, 28th October 2017 at 07:42.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st October 2017), Aragorn (28th October 2017), araucaria (1st November 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th October 2017), Paloma (28th October 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

DESTINY OF SOULS by Michael Duff Newton

This is an addendum to the post of araucaria on page 2 where he recommended the book by Michael Newton, which can be downloaded for free. This is verbal book for those that enjoy listening more than reading.

In the introduction to Journey of Souls I explained
    my background as a
    traditional hypnotherapist and how skeptical I had
    been about the use
    of hypnosis for metaphysical regression. In 1947,
    at age fifteen, I
    placed my first subject in hypnosis, so I was defin
    itely old school and
    nota New Ager. Thus, when I unintentionally opened
    the gateway to the
    spirit world with a client, I was stunned. It seem
    ed to me that most
    past life regressionists thought our life between l
    ives was just a hazy
    limbo that only served as a bridge from one past li
    fe to the next. It
    was soon evident I had to find out for myself the s
    teps necessary to
    reach and unlock a subject's memory of their existe
    nce in this
    mysterious place. After more years of quiet resear
    ch, I was finally
    able to construct a working model of spirit world s
    tructure and
    realized how therapeutic this process could be for
    a client. I also
    found that it did not matter if a person was an ath
    eist, deeply
    religious, or believed in any philosophical persuas
    ion in between once
    they were in the proper super conscious state of hy
    pnosis, all were
    consistent in their reports. It was for this reaso
    n that I became what
    I have come to call a spiritual regressionist. Thi
    s is ahypnotherapist
    specializing in life after death.

4:57:24

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st October 2017), Aragorn (28th October 2017), araucaria (1st November 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th October 2017), JRS (2nd November 2017), Paloma (28th October 2017), sandy (29th October 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Can one be both...shepherd and flock?
    Just thinking of sheep made me manifest pictures of sheeply flocks.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st October 2017), Aragorn (30th October 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Elen (31st October 2017), Emil El Zapato (30th October 2017), sandy (31st October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    I don't really Grok the meme, "As above, so below" but it seems appropriate here...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th October 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Elen (31st October 2017), Paloma (30th October 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I don't really Grok the meme, "As above, so below" but it seems appropriate here...
    This meme can be understood on various levels.
    Here we have an areal view of what is below, sheep grazing.
    But they really look more like their inner wolf, collectively.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st October 2017), Aragorn (30th October 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Elen (31st October 2017), Emil El Zapato (30th October 2017), sandy (31st October 2017)

Thanks
    ahh, interesting...thanks!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st October 2017), Aragorn (30th October 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Elen (31st October 2017), Paloma (30th October 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Meanwhile flamingoes seem to be more authentic, collectively.
    Maybe because they can fly?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st October 2017), Aragorn (30th October 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Elen (31st October 2017), Emil El Zapato (30th October 2017), sandy (31st October 2017), Wind (30th October 2017)

Thanks
    Do you know why flamingoes stand on one leg?

Because they'd fall over if they didn't. Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st October 2017), Aragorn (30th October 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Elen (31st October 2017), Paloma (30th October 2017), sandy (31st October 2017)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Being homeless as a an aspiration to serve others? Sounds like the poverty stricken have already been served and poorly. Now its time to EAT the rich.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st October 2017), Aragorn (31st October 2017), Dreamtimer (31st October 2017), Elen (31st October 2017), Emil El Zapato (1st November 2017), sandy (31st October 2017)

Retired Member France
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Paloma View Post
    According to the comments this is the best recording ever made.

This is the recording I heard several times over at the house of an opera/theatre buff in the early seventies. Angela Gheorghiu is the closest thing to Callas, and has sometimes been said to have copied her. Obviously at this level of accomplishment, imitation is not an option.

On the same subject of female responses to male aggression, last week my daughter sold a young stallion called Everest at an auction for 3-year-old showjumpers, mostly fillies and geldings, which lasted a week for training, visits and three days of auctions. She and her friend came in for some severe machismo from other breeders, who said rearing by young women of stallions was not the way to go: they (the horses) needed taking in hand. They just said he was a lovely horse, probably because weak females had to find other ways to make it thrive. She also said she had put it out to graze: you did what?! Oh yes, and eat lots of lovely apples – mental training instead of jumping over sticks. One guy she described as a real torturer, but he could not sell his horses. When Everest fetched twice the second best price, they just smiled and said, ‘Not bad for a couple of girls!’

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st November 2017), Dreamtimer (1st November 2017), Elen (2nd November 2017), Emil El Zapato (1st November 2017), Paloma (2nd November 2017), sandy (2nd November 2017)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Paloma View Post
    Amanda, you stated the law of ALL, as an alternative to the law of BOTH.
    I feel that perhaps you misunderstood where I was coming from.
    The law of ALL and the law of BOTH are meant to be one and the same.
    I guess I didn't make myself very clear.

"Both" meaning the reconciling of two opposites. This AND that...BOTH. Like the term "I'm ok, you're ok" from Transactional Analysis. There was a book once with that title. The goal being that everyone is ok. Everyone. You AND Me. WIN WIN.

With reconciling those opposites of wealth and poverty you will no longer have wealthy people looking down on poor people with disdain, nor poor people being resentful of those who have wealth. Then both lifestyles are a simple matter of choice.
    Total equality is not possible. Not even two grains of rice are ever exactly alike.
    Narrowing the disparity in income would be a start. There are many ways this can be done practically. In 2008 capitalism essentially collapsed in the U.S. replaced by corporate fascism, which had been gaining power and traction well before the Lehman crisis.

Nobody should have to make a choice between poverty and super wealth or have the opportunity to feel the disdain or jealousy and resentment that extremes engender.

Russian + mega yacht + cover of philanthropy= crook.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st November 2017), Dreamtimer (1st November 2017), Elen (2nd November 2017), Emil El Zapato (1st November 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by araucaria View Post
    This is the recording I heard several times over at the house of an opera/theatre buff in the early seventies. Angela Gheorghiu is the closest thing to Callas, and has sometimes been said to have copied her. Obviously at this level of accomplishment, imitation is not an option.

On the same subject of female responses to male aggression, last week my daughter sold a young stallion called Everest at an auction for 3-year-old showjumpers, mostly fillies and geldings, which lasted a week for training, visits and three days of auctions. She and her friend came in for some severe machismo from other breeders, who said rearing by young women of stallions was not the way to go: they (the horses) needed taking in hand. They just said he was a lovely horse, probably because weak females had to find other ways to make it thrive. She also said she had put it out to graze: you did what?! Oh yes, and eat lots of lovely apples – mental training instead of jumping over sticks. One guy she described as a real torturer, but he could not sell his horses. When Everest fetched twice the second best price, they just smiled and said, ‘Not bad for a couple of girls!’
    Well, that s*cks! Encourage them with their strengths (Such as being smart enough to not say such stupid stuff!) I don't recommend stoking the fires of gender wars. No one wins...Girls are raised bitter and hostile. Bitter and hostile men just become more bitter and hostile. I've lived through that war! Admittedly, it was raising my daughter that provided the epiphany but that goes to the crux of who and what we are nurtured to think and feel. And sometimes circumstances just take the lead.

Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Narrowing the disparity in income would be a start. There are many ways this can be done practically. In 2008 capitalism essentially collapsed in the U.S. replaced by corporate fascism, which had been gaining power and traction well before the Lehman crisis.

Nobody should have to make a choice between poverty and super wealth or have the opportunity to feel the disdain or jealousy and resentment that extremes engender.

Russian + mega yacht + cover of philanthropy= crook.
    I agree completely, OG!

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st November 2017), araucaria (2nd November 2017), Dreamtimer (1st November 2017), Elen (2nd November 2017), Kathy (3rd November 2017), sandy (4th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Today's both moment: woke after a nightmare, and having studied my dreams most of my life, and even the dreams of anyone else who wanted to share theirs, I usually try to figure out if a dream was a stress release, or if it was to be a premonition. Since I have a severe Saturn transit approaching I figured it might be another warning/premonition.
    But then I thought some more, and got reminded that life's patterns are cyclical, and that it could easily have been a release dream as well, of a past event that now might reappear in a new form.

The dream was about me being in a room which was also a large elevator, in a tall building, and with me were husband and friends, and suddenly the cable snapped and we were rushing towards the floor. And we were preparung for the impact. It became quite intricate, withh us placing cushions al around, etc.
    In the end everyone survived, and there were even apologies from the management of the tower, and promises of compensation. The dream ended with us lining up at some window where we were to collect a refund of sorts.

Hitting the bottom is never fun, but I have learnt (as a Capricorn) that it is 3D reality and it needs to be embraced and lived.
    All else is speculation, or fantasy.
    I will continue and accept whatever comes, no fear, and deal with it when it arrives.
    And be as ok withh it as I would have been had the dream be merely a stress release.
    Because only with that attitude can past and future be ok, on both counts.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th November 2017), Dreamtimer (5th November 2017), Kathy (3rd November 2017), sandy (4th November 2017), Wind (3rd November 2017)