Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Law of Both

Thanks
    A facebook friend posted a photo of a Russian superyacht called A. Once, while in Barbados I saw another superyacht also called Motoryacht A. Same owner. Didn't know at the time that the guy owned two superyachts.
    People were gossiping about the fact that he and his wife were alone on board with 30+ staff.
    So this morning I noticed many incredibly negative comments on that FB page regarding the Russian owner's wealth and how he spends his money. I just checked him out. Andrey Melnichenko, a Piscean Industrialist youngish billionaire and philantropist, married to a former model and pop singer. Also checked out the FB pages of the people who made negative comments...mostly New Age types. I always like to see both ends of the stick, to see the polarity in context.

According to Wikipedia: "In 2016, Melnichenko was given a special award for "good deeds" and charity works by the President of Russia. According to media reports, he is one of the main social investors and philanthropists of Russia"

Motoryacht A:

Sailingyacht A:

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th October 2017), Dreamtimer (9th October 2017), Elen (11th October 2017), NotAPretender (9th October 2017), Nothing (9th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,056 Posts
    How he came to be a billionaire might be of use to know when assessing his riches and also his agenda re: philantrophy. Often charity work is purposeful for more reasons than good will....:-)

Having Yacht's may be one way to actually get away from it all and one would think that this would be necessary for sanity and travel safety in the case of mega rich entities.

Not ever experiencing this life style I can only guess....

I do have a few first cousins that are millionaires and some of them have said they are envious of me due to the life I have lived. My seeming lack of fear and roots of confidence I present, the things I have seen and done leaves them in awe they say. They say I have lived and they have not!! Something to think about as when it comes from 2 different cousins at different times in my life it has some food for thought for sure.

Happy to be me.............

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th October 2017), Dreamtimer (9th October 2017), Elen (11th October 2017), NotAPretender (9th October 2017), Nothing (9th October 2017), Paloma (10th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,085 Times in 687 Posts
    How thought provoking - a millionaire/billionaire who needs to get away from it ... exactly what are they getting away from I ponder????? Sometimes charity work is actually a front for tax rebate/dodge/whatever? I do not know the wealthy person in question so I cannot make any assessment on a personal level. I still think that we should ask some homeless people what they think of the Law of Both.

How about the Law of All? This is where every single Person has a home and all that they need. As I pondered this thread I recalled the collapse in America a few years ago - where two major mortgage banks/financial institutions failed and many many many People had their homes taken away. I later recall reading articles that stated there were enough empty homes to house every homeless Person in America. Picture me shaking my head in sadness.

How do we as Humans - supposedly sentient Beings - reconcile empty homes with the homeless? More importantly how do we reconcile the fact that there is ample space and there are ample resources for every single Human??? What's the adage: Money is the root of all evil? During discussions people have stated to me it is the 'love' of money that is the root of all evil. Who knows? Maybe having money and not losing your soul is the true test of what type of sentient Human Being a person is or becomes???

Sandy - how lovely that your relatives could see how full your life is and how enriched you have been for your experiences. Good for You.

Much Peace - as we seek answers for all our questions - Amanda

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th October 2017), Dreamtimer (9th October 2017), Elen (11th October 2017), NotAPretender (9th October 2017), Nothing (13th October 2017), Paloma (10th October 2017), sandy (10th October 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    How thought provoking - a millionaire/billionaire who needs to get away from it ... exactly what are they getting away from I ponder????? Sometimes charity work is actually a front for tax rebate/dodge/whatever? I do not know the wealthy person in question so I cannot make any assessment on a personal level. I still think that we should ask some homeless people what they think of the Law of Both.

How about the Law of All? This is where every single Person has a home and all that they need. As I pondered this thread I recalled the collapse in America a few years ago - where two major mortgage banks/financial institutions failed and many many many People had their homes taken away. I later recall reading articles that stated there were enough empty homes to house every homeless Person in America. Picture me shaking my head in sadness.

How do we as Humans - supposedly sentient Beings - reconcile empty homes with the homeless? More importantly how do we reconcile the fact that there is ample space and there are ample resources for every single Human??? What's the adage: Money is the root of all evil? During discussions people have stated to me it is the 'love' of money that is the root of all evil. Who knows? Maybe having money and not losing your soul is the true test of what type of sentient Human Being a person is or becomes???

Sandy - how lovely that your relatives could see how full your life is and how enriched you have been for your experiences. Good for You.

Much Peace - as we seek answers for all our questions - Amanda
    Amanda, you stated the law of ALL, as an alternative to the law of BOTH.
    I feel that perhaps you misunderstood where I was coming from.
    The law of ALL and the law of BOTH are meant to be one and the same.
    I guess I didn't make myself very clear.

"Both" meaning the reconciling of two opposites. This AND that...BOTH. Like the term "I'm ok, you're ok" from Transactional Analysis. There was a book once with that title. The goal being that everyone is ok. Everyone. You AND Me. WIN WIN.

With reconciling those opposites of wealth and poverty you will no longer have wealthy people looking down on poor people with disdain, nor poor people being resentful of those who have wealth. Then both lifestyles are a simple matter of choice.
    Total equality is not possible. Not even two grains of rice are ever exactly alike.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th October 2017), Dreamtimer (10th October 2017), Elen (11th October 2017), Nothing (13th October 2017), sandy (10th October 2017)

Thanks
    Both alt media and mainstream are finally exposing Hollywood sleeze bags.
    New Yorker article on Harvey Weinstein 's hotel room Miss Conduct.
    https://www.newyorker.com/culture/ji...-in-their-acts

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th October 2017), Dreamtimer (13th October 2017), Elen (12th October 2017), Nothing (13th October 2017), sandy (13th October 2017)

Thanks
    Here are the gory details:
    Harvey Weinstein's victims telling their story.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...-their-stories

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th October 2017), Dreamtimer (13th October 2017), Elen (13th October 2017), Nothing (13th October 2017), sandy (13th October 2017)

Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,200 Times in 4,391 Posts
    After seeing his image so much I don't want to read these and see his face in my mind.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th October 2017), Elen (13th October 2017), Nothing (13th October 2017), Paloma (15th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,056 Posts
    These stories evoke anger, digust and sorrow..............the dynamics of power once again pervert goodness in too many ways to mention.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th October 2017), Dreamtimer (13th October 2017), Elen (13th October 2017), Nothing (13th October 2017), Paloma (15th October 2017)