Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alive Share Campfire Igniting

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    The idea that gender resulted from disease doesn't make sense to me. Sexual reproduction has the best results in terms of strong and lasting organisms because of the genetic diversity involved.

Asexual reproduction does not provide new gene combinations which means disease can more easily target itself to the organism which cannot so easily adapt. Sexual reproduction allows for adaptation and much greater resistance to both disease and environmental pressure.
    I absolutely agree that sexual reproduction did not come forth from any pathology — I think it stems from a more spiritual concept, i.e. the magic of the attraction between the masculine and feminine polarities — but I'm not so sure about the supremacy of sexual reproduction as a mechanism when it comes to diversity and adaptation, Sister.

Viruses are the most adaptive of all organisms, and yet they reproduce asexually. Granted, they can only reproduce by infecting a host and adapting their own RNA — most viruses have RNA, not DNA — to the DNA of the host, but it is asexual reproduction. The concept even formed the basis of the way the alien xenomorphs reproduced in the "Alien" movies.

For those not familiar with the franchise — what planet are you from? — the xenomorphs' reproduction cycle starts with a queen, who lays eggs. These eggs are however more of a kind of cocoons, inside of which sits what in the franchise's production terms is called "the face-hugger" — a spider-like creature with very long legs and a long, muscular tail.

When the face-hugger senses the proximity of a large enough life form, it will open the cocoon and leap out onto the other life form, wrapping its tail around the victim's throat and forcing an appendix down their throat in order to lay an egg inside the victim's body. Shortly after that, the face-hugger dies and can be removed from the victim. After a few hours, a baby xenomorph "hatches" from the victim's chest — thereby killing its host — while bearing visual similarities with the species of the host. This baby xenomorph will then grow into a full-size adult in only a few hours.

Most of the xenomorphs seen on screen in the Alien movie franchise have "hatched" from humans and are bipedal. However, in "Alien 3", a xenomorph can be seen which "hatched" from a dog, and it is quadrupedal. Likewise, in the two "Alien vs. Predator" crossover films between the Alien franchise and the Predator franchise, one of the Predators is infected by a face-hugger, and after he dies of the injuries sustained in combat with the xenomorph queen, a new kind of xenomorph with mandibles bursts out of his chest, and this specimen also grows into a much larger and more muscular adult than the other xenomorphs, becoming their new queen, and laying its eggs directly into a human host body without going through the phase of laying pod-eggs with face-huggers first.

The xenomorphs seen in the prequel movies of the Alien franchise — i.e. "Prometheus" and "Alien: Covenant" — are also different, and these movies shed more light on the origin of the creatures, i.e. they were created by a technically advanced species of large humanoids as a biological weapon.

The concept is interesting because it upscales the reproduction of viruses to the macroscopic level, and it is not unthinkable that somewhere out in the big universe, a species like that would actually exist, even if only because it may have been genetically engineered that way. It is certainly food for thought.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (16th October 2017), Elen (16th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (16th October 2017), modwiz (16th October 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I'm clearly biased towards animal life...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Aragorn (16th October 2017), Elen (16th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (16th October 2017), enjoy being (16th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    And then on the flip side, some researchers suggest if the 'Battle of the Sexes' continues to its logical conclusion, human males and females will no longer be able to procreate. And then that leaves us with mandroid, zeta reticulan, inter-dimensional, intra-dimensional, trans-dimensional, future Earthian Greys.

There are two schools of thought regarding how many physical dimensions (note 'physical) there are. Some say 10 and some say 11. Those that say 10 maintain that time is interwoven among all 10 and therefore in my opinion could be considered trans-dimensional which leads one to believe that in a holographic universe that if 'time' (and nobody really understands the nature of time) had a 'property' that reflected a 'cosmic memory' then time as a trans-dimensional property could project its holographic quality into and through our 3-dimensional space. Not much too do with 'gender' but I couldn't stop myself!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017), enjoy being (16th October 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    The battle of the sexes is a byproduct of the individuals inner dialogue and has been projected via some off tangent reservations of the individual associated with this inner dialogue, meaning the battle of the sexes is actually an illusion, a fiction which quickly dissolves once the subject gains the appropriate degree of inner perspective.

:-P

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (16th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    The deviation from the thread topic is quite revealing as to the average ability to focus and stay on a topic. Good intel for going forward.

Too bad the global controllers could not exhibit such distractions but, no, they stay focused on making the world a miserable place while we talk about whatever comes to mind.

"Look over there, a unicorn".
    Last edited by modwiz, 16th October 2017 at 22:51.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2017), Gio (17th October 2017), JRS (17th October 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Hi Moddy,

Gee you sure are getting all serious huh. Been a wee while what's been going on?

Here, I've got a huge array of stories on what I have been up to and places I have been in the past few months.

I even some how found time to paint a house inside and out for my ageing folks, for free :-O (so they can get rid of it so it isn't a burden). I made maybe nearly a dozen beautiful things and gave them away, and currently are working to complete a very time consuming project, which is in copper, so I dunno, could last any number of centuries.

I understand your reasonably long running commentary on your opinion on participation, and I guess contribution.

I have seen your comments favouring people being visible people with voices, rather than faceless words on a screen. I to an extent agree, but also don't agree. Or don't think everyone is the same, and that people have their ways and their things they bring to the table.
    I agree that everyone should do their bit. I believe that everyone usually eventually does do their bit, like it or not.
    Even if it be they became an example to everyone, in a way they would prefer not to have been. There's that duality of trying to help people like that, while in doing so effectively perhaps stealing away that lesson which might have been the one which opened their eyes...
    I acknowledge that some MAY need a kick up the back side.
    But I recognise that it is both hard to work out which ones... and to then justify forcing 'Ones Will' upon them to try and shake them in a direction you want them to go?
    Often times that has proven just to cause the cattle to spook and jump fences and new problems are born instead.
    Anyway, good luck on this endeavour! I am not sure what the topic guidelines are, and because of my bandwidth rationing I don't watch everything out there.
    Anyway, expectations can be hard to wrangle eh.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 17th October 2017 at 00:13.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2017), sandy (18th October 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Hi Moddy,

Gee you sure are getting all serious huh. Been a wee while what's been going on?

Here, I've got a huge array of stories on what I have been up to and places I have been in the past few months.

I even some how found time to paint a house inside and out for my ageing folks, for free :-O (so they can get rid of it so it isn't a burden). I made maybe nearly a dozen beautiful things and gave them away, and currently are working to complete most recently a very time consuming project, which is in copper, so I dunno, could last any number of centuries.

I understand your reasonably long running commentary on your opinion on participation, and I guess contribution.

I have seen your comments favouring people being visible people with voices, rather than faceless words on a screen. I to an extent agree, but also don't agree. Or don't think everyone is the same, and that people have their ways and their things they bring to the table.
    I agree that everyone should do their bit. I believe that everyone usually eventually does do their bit, like it or not.
    Even if it be they became an example to everyone, in a way they would prefer not to have been. There's that duality of trying to help people like that, while in doing so effectively perhaps stealing away that lesson which might have been the one which opened their eyes...
    I acknowledge that some MAY need a kick up the back side.
    But I recognise that it is both hard to work out which ones... and to then justify forcing 'Ones Will' upon them to try and shake them in a direction you want them to go?
    Often times that has proven just to cause the cattle to spook and jump fences and new problems are born instead.
    Anyway, good luck on this endeavour! I am not sure what the topic guidelines are, and because of my bandwidth rationing I don't watch everything out there.
    Anyway, expectations can be hard to wrangle eh.
    Thank you, Nothing.

With regard to being serious. It is a response to the deadly serious intentions of our adversary.

Each to their own abilities. Like musical bands, some are full of serious musicians and others composed of less capable ones. Recognizing our skills and intentions is an important discussion, IMO.
    Last edited by modwiz, 17th October 2017 at 00:14.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2017), enjoy being (17th October 2017), Gio (17th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Lightbulb

Will also share this here ...

Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    A short video to update people regarding The Mystic and The Moose show. Also, I announce the beginning of The Campfire online sacred space experience.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2017), modwiz (17th October 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thank you, Nothing.

With regard to being serious. It is a response to the deadly serious intentions of our adversary.

Each to their own abilities. Like musical bands, some are full of serious musicians and others composed of less capable ones. Recognizing our skills and intentions is an important discussion, IMO.
    Recognising how we as individuals fit into a bigger picture is one of the more valid questions we can ask.
    The strange thing is, some of the more potent things I have been a part of, came as chance meetings, spontaneous plans, which end up looking like masterfully woven angelic tasks.
    And from my career executing artistic puzzles I have seen how once you have a certain skill set and stop being freaked out by any pressures from outside or within, you become somewhat guided to do the right thing a the right time, or somehow just at the right time, invent the best way to create a required effect.

I see this sort of thing present also in sports psychology as well, so I am sort of talking about a mind body thing, but also a higher self, I am, I can thing. And the team nature too, of we can, we are.

I guess I am saying that the unpredictability of humans is an asset. I have a certain amount of faith that it is working well to lull those observing, into a false sense of security.

In many different angles of the tangle, people's intentions aren't/won't become their actual purpose in the big picture..
    So then how? What does one look to as an intention to the big picture? Is it just in recognising that it can be hard to control the outcome of ones interactions with the big picture?
    I maintain that the big picture is a lot bigger than what those who think they have it all under control know, perhaps understand.
    It's good to discuss such things, and yeah you guys have an increasingly obvious sinister section of government hijacking your nation. It is a bit different in my part of the world. For now.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2017), Fred Steeves (17th October 2017), modwiz (17th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    The deviation from the thread topic is quite revealing as to the average ability to focus and stay on a topic. Good intel for going forward.
    Can you point specifically to what the topic actually is?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2017), enjoy being (17th October 2017), modwiz (17th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Blooming heck, I nearly fell off me dragon when I saw that unicorn Nothing

My pet topic atm is avoidance of the what is. Whats yours Nothing

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2017), enjoy being (17th October 2017), modwiz (17th October 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Can you point specifically to what the topic actually is?
    Topic of the thread was about a new online experience being tried out.
    Last edited by modwiz, 17th October 2017 at 04:19.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017)

Thanks
    Without wanting to derail the thread any further, my inner Captain OCD™ just wanted to correct something here...

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    There are two schools of thought regarding how many physical dimensions (note 'physical) there are. Some say 10 and some say 11.
    Actually, that is not correct. There are several different mathematical models of the universe, the simplest of which has the universe described as "flat", with 3 bidirectional dimensions for space and 1 unidirectional dimension for time.

Then there is string and superstring theory, with as a subset of that, brane theory. In string theory, most models have the universe attributed with 10 dimensions, while the slightly older variant known as M-theory suggests that there would be 11 dimensions. There is however also one string theory model which attributes the universe with 26 dimensions.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Elen (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Mmmm define physical please

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Mmmm define physical please
    I think he means to state that he's talking of dimensions in the mathematical sense of the word — i.e. a vector space with coordinates — as opposed to the idiom by which certain people in New Age and UFO culture tenaciously (and wrongfully) refer to different realities and/or planes of existence as dimensions, e.g. as in "beings from another dimension".

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2017), Dreamtimer (17th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (17th October 2017)