Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    There were many times, when i would post a real item from the Eceti Ranch on something ... Say for instance on "Orbs" ... My posted item of two friends (with an orb) while 'Up at the Ranch' ...

Noting - i would get a few thanks and acknowledgements and i would move on to another post ...

Then low and behold BR would post a items (almost after it became irrelevant) ....

Bill's orbs ...

And he would receive a thank you response such as this ...

Note, i did thank Bill, but he seldom ever thanked me for my 23,000 + post while there.

That's when i started really questioning the makeup of the membership ...
    Not out of personal jealousy, but just out of pure purpose and integrity.

It's called a 'Peanut Gallery' following.
    Gio, it's all about the hat. If your avatar has a hat (of some sort like mine or, of course, Darth Hatman) you get thanked. Simp!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th September 2017), Dreamtimer (20th September 2017), Elen (20th September 2017), Emil El Zapato (20th September 2017), enjoy being (20th September 2017), Gio (20th September 2017), modwiz (20th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    For Whatever It's Worth:

My daughter and I took pictures in Carlsbad Caverns and there were many orbs in the picture which was a bit of a surprise. We assumed that they were reflections of moisture in the caverns?

NAP

you are right about that in general...pretty stupid really that people senselessly do things to get attention from the 'biggies'.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 20th September 2017 at 14:33.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th September 2017), Dreamtimer (20th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th September 2017), enjoy being (20th September 2017), Gio (20th September 2017), modwiz (20th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I've seen the PA thank effect. The posts can be hard to find. Though the walls of names don't seem to be as large as they were.

I am beyond grateful to myself and the universe that I wasn't in school in the days of FaceBook and cell phones.
    It is tough for that generation. My daughter thinks Facebook is a joke (for the old folks) but her cell phone is attached and in the past had her so wired she couldn't sleep. I bought her one when she was pretty young because it was the only way I could get past her mother (divorced). I received plenty of anti-thanks for that but it was a necessary evil. We just have to adjust to life as it is.

The real problem is not technology (in my opinion), it is just that parents don't teach their children decency, compassion, and respect for their fellow thinking, feeling human beings. I tried to make sure, very sure, that I didn't make that mistake. Emotional pain will destroy us all and it is not limited to 'poor me'. Hate, anger, envy, etc. are all examples of pain that we pass around free of charge. It is f*cked up!

NAP

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th September 2017), Dreamtimer (20th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th September 2017), Elen (20th September 2017), enjoy being (20th September 2017), Gio (20th September 2017), modwiz (20th September 2017)