Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: What Motivates Bill Ryan of Project Avalon Community Forum?

Retired Member Netherlands
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,496 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    No...no I didn't? Perhaps you can fill us in?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th October 2017), Dreamtimer (13th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (24th October 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I have a family member who is constantly projecting her own feelings, etc., onto others and reacting as if they had said or felt whatever it was. It's quite maddening.

Are you describing BR, Outlander?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (24th October 2017), Elen (13th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (13th October 2017), enjoy being (13th October 2017), modwiz (24th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I have a family member who is constantly projecting her own feelings, etc., onto others and reacting as if they had said or felt whatever it was.
    I've known a lot of people like that in my time, and in fact, I still do.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (13th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (24th October 2017), Elen (13th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (13th October 2017), modwiz (24th October 2017), sandy (14th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I'd love to respond to some of these posts but I'm concerned that it could be construed as nonsense....hahahahahahaha!!!! ok, i will do it anyway and I'll even attempt to make it topic relevant.

Projection is a horrible problem for society. Good people expect bad people to do good! Bad people expect good people to do bad! Now tell me that's not a BIG problem. So the question is....drumroll, please...Is Bill Ryan good or bad and what is the projection to which he is subject?!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th October 2017), Dreamtimer (13th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (24th October 2017), Elen (14th October 2017), sandy (14th October 2017), WantDisclosure (13th October 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    We had the dubious pleasure of spending 2 weeks getting up close and personal with Bill Ryan ...

When he was living with Christine while she worked at Madre Tierra guest house in Vilcambamba, Ecuador, Tony (hubby) and I decided to go and check him out in out in the flesh. We'd been members of Avalon for a few years, and were travelling in that area at the time: we'd become increasingly disillusioned with the hype surrounding the man, and wanted to see for ourselves.

It was fascinating in the fact that he was utterly un-fascinating. In fact, it was sad. He'd lived in Ecuador for quite some time, but at that point, had learned no Spanish. He rarely went into the town, despite telling us that we would meet many interesting people there (we didn't - too many ex-pats sitting around drinking and playing cards in the sun).

The two families who owned the hotel clearly saw him as a parasite (they spoke to us about their feelings): he had been staying in Christine's room for months, and he really was out of place. I'm not wildly gregarious, but he was extremely uncomfortable around people - unless he was the centre of attention. We were able to watch his behaviour and body language at length, and had many chats with both him and Christine, until he realised that we weren't that impressed. I think it was when he told us, during a conversation about Buddhism, that he'd lived in Tibet for a thousand years, and then sat back waiting for our adoration, that the scales had dropped from our eyes. After that, for 5 days, he cut us dead.

He exhibited classic narcissistic personality disorder traits. I actually felt sorry for him, especially when, at a screening of 'Thrive' at the hotel, he told the audience that he knew "every single word of this movie is true". He is 'blessed' with great self belief, but unfortunately, it appears to be groundless.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tarka the duck For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th October 2017), araucaria (25th October 2017), Dreamtimer (24th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (24th October 2017), Elen (24th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (24th October 2017), enjoy being (24th October 2017), Fred Steeves (24th October 2017), heyokah (24th October 2017), Kathy (24th October 2017), modwiz (24th October 2017)

Thanks
    Hi Tarka,

Your tale sounds very 'up close and personal'. It does sound pretty sad, if not disturbed behavior on his part. That's rough!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th October 2017), Dreamtimer (24th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (24th October 2017), Elen (24th October 2017), Kathy (24th October 2017), tarka the duck (25th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by tarka the duck View Post
    We had the dubious pleasure of spending 2 weeks getting up close and personal with Bill Ryan ...

When he was living with Christine while she worked at Madre Tierra guest house in Vilcambamba, Ecuador, Tony (hubby) and I decided to go and check him out in out in the flesh. We'd been members of Avalon for a few years, and were travelling in that area at the time: we'd become increasingly disillusioned with the hype surrounding the man, and wanted to see for ourselves.

It was fascinating in the fact that he was utterly un-fascinating. In fact, it was sad. He'd lived in Ecuador for quite some time, but at that point, had learned no Spanish. He rarely went into the town, despite telling us that we would meet many interesting people there (we didn't - too many ex-pats sitting around drinking and playing cards in the sun).

The two families who owned the hotel clearly saw him as a parasite (they spoke to us about their feelings): he had been staying in Christine's room for months, and he really was out of place. I'm not wildly gregarious, but he was extremely uncomfortable around people - unless he was the centre of attention. We were able to watch his behaviour and body language at length, and had many chats with both him and Christine, until he realised that we weren't that impressed. I think it was when he told us, during a conversation about Buddhism, that he'd lived in Tibet for a thousand years, and then sat back waiting for our adoration, that the scales had dropped from our eyes. After that, for 5 days, he cut us dead.

He exhibited classic narcissistic personality disorder traits. I actually felt sorry for him, especially when, at a screening of 'Thrive' at the hotel, he told the audience that he knew "every single word of this movie is true". He is 'blessed' with great self belief, but unfortunately, it appears to be groundless.
    Self delusion or imposed memories? Jesus complex with little charisma? Could be another MILAB?

But again, I will say his antics against CG and DW smacks of a designed psyop against the alt-world community. Nobody in the muggle community knows this clown.

Great insight, thanks.

Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    From what I have observed over a bit of time, some seem to be placing a wee bit too much importance to this thread, a wee bit too much importance on Bill Ryan and his forums, and a wee bit too much importance in themselves.
    BR is the Harvey Weinstein of the alt-world community but a bit less aggressive? The man is an extreme menace.

Quote Originally posted by Outlander View Post
    You didn't mention the 'high and mighty, belittling and cocky' type, Nothing...
    ...or folks who think they are a Bat :batman

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th October 2017), Dreamtimer (25th October 2017), Elen (24th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (24th October 2017), Kathy (25th October 2017), tarka the duck (25th October 2017)

Thanks
    Baseball bat, Dumpy...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th October 2017), Dreamtimer (25th October 2017), Elen (24th October 2017), Kathy (25th October 2017), tarka the duck (25th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Baseball bat, Dumpy...
    There are no cool emojis for baseball bats...

...we’re all flash and little substance here in Bat-land.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th October 2017), Dreamtimer (25th October 2017), Elen (25th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (24th October 2017), Kathy (25th October 2017), tarka the duck (25th October 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Self delusion or imposed memories? Jesus complex with little charisma? Could be another MILAB?
    We did seriously wonder whether Christine was his 'minder': he seemed so vacant and lost, and spent a lot of time standing around with his arms folded - classic self hugging stress relief behaviour, masking insecurities (with him, it didn't come over as a 'power pose' at all). He was isolated, with his hat pulled down over his eyes... it wasn't that he didn't want to say anything, as he seemed to love those occasions when he had a passive audience - it was more that he had nothing to say, lacking both insight and secret understandings. Having watched him, I found it easy to entertain the idea that he could easily be manipulated: it's sad to say that he came across as a man without a cause in desperate need of a 'mission'.

Meanwhile, she bustled here and there, and seemed to be more in charge ...

PS I have no personal agenda when I recount this experience: I don't hold a grudge, and never had a 'falling out' with either him or the PA forum - I'm merely stating what we observed.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tarka the duck For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th October 2017), araucaria (25th October 2017), Dreamtimer (25th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (25th October 2017), Elen (25th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (25th October 2017), Kathy (25th October 2017), WantDisclosure (25th October 2017)

Thanks
    We did seriously wonder whether Christine was his 'minder': [...]

Meanwhile, she bustled here and there, and seemed to be more in charge ...
    Back when I myself was still a member at La Casa Del Sombrero™, one of my friends there was a woman who had visited and stayed with The Hat Man™ and Christine at their house in Ecuador, and she described Christine as being a lot more active. According to what she said, you could give Bill a rusty chair or a log of wood to sit on, and he didn't care, so long as he had a place to sit. But the house was all tidy and neatly organized, and that was all Christine's work.

I myself am regularly in touch with Christine, and she's a doer. She takes initiatives in which she can direct her energy, and she's very introspective and conscientious. A woman of honor. El Sombrero™ on the other hand is a ruthless opportunist and a narcissist, while he's actually more like a faint shadow of the man he wants the world to think he is.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

araucaria (25th October 2017), Dreamtimer (25th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (25th October 2017), Elen (25th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (25th October 2017), Kathy (25th October 2017), tarka the duck (27th October 2017)

Retired Member France
    Thanks
    it's sad to say that he came across as a man without a cause in desperate need of a 'mission'.
    It IS very sad, and the normal reaction is to want to help. But of course, it is a difficult thing to get through to anyone needing help, partly because they can’t trust you.

Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Could be another MILAB?
    I don’t see milabs and all that stuff being the cause of the problem as actually part of the problem. There are plenty of ways of getting messed up with no outside help, and such things are more likely the doings of the messed up, or at least a positive feedback mechanism. You can get messed up just as well by joining an intelligence agency as by being a target. These agencies are not only the source of the term ‘conspiracy theory’, they are its prime victims. ‘Trust no one’ is not a viable recipe for healthy living.
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1131361

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (25th October 2017), Elen (25th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (25th October 2017), tarka the duck (27th October 2017)

Thanks
    I wonder if he's just not uncomfortable interacting with people in his 'role'. It certainly wouldn't be unprecedented. He was thrust into the limelight due to his connections and maybe it actually overwhelmed him.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (25th October 2017), Elen (25th October 2017), tarka the duck (27th October 2017)

Thanks
    I wonder if he's just not uncomfortable interacting with people in his 'role'. It certainly wouldn't be unprecedented. He was thrust into the limelight due to his connections and maybe it actually overwhelmed him.
    I think you're giving him way too much credit.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (25th October 2017), Elen (25th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (25th October 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    He was thrust into the limelight due to his connections and maybe it actually overwhelmed him.
    Well yes and no. The limelight indeed came through his connections, but it certainly was not thrust on him. Bill was eating that shit up, and still does whenever he sees an opportunity. Or haven't you noticed?...

Do you even know the circumstances of his launch? Because it's hard to imagine you would say that if you did.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th October 2017), Dumpster Diver (25th October 2017), Emil El Zapato (25th October 2017), tarka the duck (27th October 2017)