Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3744454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: What Motivates Bill Ryan of Project Avalon Community Forum?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Once you've decided folks are satanic pedophiles you don't have to give them a fair trial, or a fair anything. Christians in America do not believe people have rights who are 'taken by the devil'.

The end result is that they would trash the Constitution with joy, because...Satan.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Aragorn (19th October 2020), Chris (19th October 2020), Dear Reader (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Wind (19th October 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Once you've decided folks are satanic pedophiles you don't have to give them a fair trial, or a fair anything. Christians in America do not believe people have rights who are 'taken by the devil'.

The end result is that they would trash the Constitution with joy, because...Satan.
    Yes, Satan is the eternal scapegoat.

You label something or someone "satanic" and alll normal rules of conduct go out of the window. Even atheists have a visceral reaction against anything that's labelled Satanic, that's how strong the religious programming is. I would liken it to a computer virus or trojan horse, that takes over people's brains and controls their thought processes, without them even realising it.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Aragorn (19th October 2020), Dear Reader (19th October 2020), Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Kathy (19th October 2020), Wind (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    I'm not saying all Christians, by the way. I'm speaking about those who believe that if you're not saved by Jesus, then you are taken by the devil. There is no middle ground or forgiveness.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Aragorn (19th October 2020), Chris (19th October 2020), Dear Reader (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Kathy (19th October 2020), Wind (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,101 Times in 11,916 Posts
    What people screw up is that 'it has to be Jesus'. Creation is not nearly so limited. I have learned about Jesus, I love Jesus, if i were to reject him... I would have to be damned simply because I know better.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Chris (19th October 2020), Dear Reader (19th October 2020), Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Kathy (19th October 2020), Wind (19th October 2020)

Senior Member Falkland Islands Dear Reader's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm not saying all Christians, by the way. I'm speaking about those who believe that if you're not saved by Jesus, then you are taken by the devil. There is no middle ground or forgiveness.

Good Lord!

Say it ain't so!!

Aye, I've seen a lot of yootoobers recently shouting about Satanic Ritual Abuse that is behind ab-so-lute-ly EVERYTHING (although have not seen it tied-into the UFO/UAP phenomena...... Yet). I've watched one particular channel, that has only been going 5 weeks, grow from 10 to 4.5k subs on the back of SRA...... In just 5 short weeks. It's crazy.

The responses from some of the viewers in the chat is the scary thing........ These are, seem to be, the general public, the very people you pass on the street, or in the coffee shop or supermarket. Once a sub-set are demonised it seems to be 'open season'...... Anything goes. No holds barred.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dear Reader For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Aragorn (19th October 2020), Chris (19th October 2020), Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Kathy (19th October 2020), Wind (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    Perhaps people don't realize how widespread fundamentalism is in America.

When folks of that ilk fight for 'freedom of religion', that contains, by its very definition, the right to impose their beliefs upon you because their religion requires them to witness for the sake of their own salvation. It's commanded by God. You're freedom of religion is irrelevant because you're of the devil.

Here's the story of Carlton Pearson. I didn't know until just now that there was a Netflix special about him.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Aragorn (20th October 2020), Chris (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Kathy (19th October 2020), Wind (19th October 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I wish it were only America, but in the Islamic world, religious fundamentalism is an even bigger problem.

At least in the US, there is separation between church and state and there really is freedom of religion, at least in theory, or at least by fundamental law.

Things are very different in other parts of the world, where religion controls public discourse and Sharia rules the roost. I have some experience with Malaysia and Indonesia, but those are actually the least extreme Islamic countries in the world. The most extreme example is Wahhabism and its Syrian offshoot in the form of the Islamic State, at least until the Russians bombed them into oblivion.

Witness the plight of Yazidis, which I wrote about before. Their deity, Melek Taus, has been identified by Islamic Scholars as the Shaitan of the Quran, or in other words, the Satan of Monotheistic faiths. This despite the fact that Yezidi religion predates both Christianity and Islam by several thousand years and is as peaceful as you can get. It is now actually believed that Melek Taus is the Same Deity as Murugan in Southern India a very ancient pre-vedic deity that is also associated with the peacock and much revered in Tamil Nadu especially.

In any case, Muslims of the fundamentalist variety have determined that Yazidis are essentially devil-worshippers and as such can be treated worse than animals. During the reign of terror of the Islamic State, most of them were carried off into slavery, the women and children openly sold on slave markets and the men mostly killed. They made a serious effort to wipe out an ethnic and religious group in the middle east that has survived for thousands of years.

I'm only bringing it up to demonstrate the most extreme form of Satanic Panic and where it can lead a society even in the modern era. I see disturbing parallels with some people, particularly in the US, who combine fundamentalist Christian beliefs with the paranoia of the modern alt-right. Someone like Mike Adams or Alex Jones would be prime examples of this.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Aragorn (20th October 2020), Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Kathy (19th October 2020), Lord Sidious (20th October 2020), Silly Wabbit (29th May 2022), Wind (20th October 2020)

Thanks
    It's very dangerous, indeed.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Aragorn (20th October 2020), Chris (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Kathy (19th October 2020), Malisa (20th October 2020), Wind (20th October 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts

Beautiful. Can I quote you?

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Aragorn (20th October 2020), Chris (20th October 2020), Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Kathy (19th October 2020), Malisa (20th October 2020), Wind (20th October 2020)

Thanks
    Yes, you may.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Aragorn (20th October 2020), Chris (20th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Malisa (20th October 2020), Wind (20th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I wish it were only America, but in the Islamic world, religious fundamentalism is an even bigger problem.

At least in the US, there is separation between church and state and there really is freedom of religion, at least in theory, or at least by fundamental law.

Things are very different in other parts of the world, where religion controls public discourse and Sharia rules the roost. I have some experience with Malaysia and Indonesia, but those are actually the least extreme Islamic countries in the world. The most extreme example is Wahhabism and its Syrian offshoot in the form of the Islamic State, at least until the Russians bombed them into oblivion.

Witness the plight of Yazidis, which I wrote about before. Their deity, Melek Taus, has been identified by Islamic Scholars as the Shaitan of the Quran, or in other words, the Satan of Monotheistic faiths. This despite the fact that Yezidi religion predates both Christianity and Islam by several thousand years and is as peaceful as you can get. It is now actually believed that Melek Taus is the Same Deity as Murugan in Southern India a very ancient pre-vedic deity that is also associated with the peacock and much revered in Tamil Nadu especially.

In any case, Muslims of the fundamentalist variety have determined that Yazidis are essentially devil-worshippers and as such can be treated worse than animals. During the reign of terror of the Islamic State, most of them were carried off into slavery, the women and children openly sold on slave markets and the men mostly killed. They made a serious effort to wipe out an ethnic and religious group in the middle east that has survived for thousands of years.

I'm only bringing it up to demonstrate the most extreme form of Satanic Panic and where it can lead a society even in the modern era. I see disturbing parallels with some people, particularly in the US, who combine fundamentalist Christian beliefs with the paranoia of the modern alt-right. Someone like Mike Adams or Alex Jones would be prime examples of this.
    We're drifting miles off-topic again, but I must agree with what Chris wrote here-above. There is currently a lot of commotion again here in Western Europe ─ and most notably in France ─ because an 18-year old Chechnyan beheaded one of his teachers who had (in the course of cultural education) shown two anti-Islam cartoons in class that had previously been published in the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. The youngster acted on his own, but he did so because his religious entourage had put out a fatwa ─ essentially a death sentence ─ against the teacher for having shown those cartoons.

Religious insanity is just as dangerous ─ if not more, even ─ as political insanity, and especially so when it comes to religions that seek to unify church and state, as Islam does, and as Christianity did before it in the western hemisphere for approximately 800 years ─ a period now known as the Dark Ages, because it forbade and violently suppressed any kind of enlightenment and progress.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Chris (20th October 2020), Dreamtimer (20th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th October 2020), Malisa (20th October 2020), Silly Wabbit (29th May 2022), Wind (20th October 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I didn't see the deleted posts as all that big of a deal. So we had a little clash of the old guard vs. the new guard, so what? Not like there were F bombs flying or anything. Rob's a big boy and can handle himself, and Malisa has a lot of potential. To me it would be nice to see both Rob lay down his sword and actually give a bit of a history lesson to Malisa, not just criticize her, and Malisa to lay down her sword long enough to actually give a shit about the history of PA.

I think both are correct in that history matters, yet we can't get stuck there either.
    To be fair, i don't ever remember someone asking "me" or anyone else about PA, they are mostly working towards explaining why Bill Ryan is not a good person, in the big picture. And this seems ridiculous because if you wanted me i could get banned here explaining why the same people criticizing him are exactly the same or worse, as human beings.

It is a total absolute, waste of time and energy and growth changes, to spend time here, while pretending you don't care at all

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I'm not so sure the ground is barren. This kid seems to have a head on her shoulders, just not very long in the tooth life experience wise. I know what that's like. If she's smart as I think she might be, she'd at least hear your side of the story out in an objective manner.

As an aside, might moderation consider a time limit for Gio's ban on this thread? He's one of the few battle hardened veterans still around, and if the last offensive post in question was on par with the others that got deleted, it can't have been all that egregious to warrant a permanent.
    I can see that the post produced the exact same results i expected

Experiment succes!

Would you like to know the criteria of my experiment, or should we just drop it now?

the ground is barren
    Density is such a marvelous thing to observe. Internet egos are are/can be amazing

I would rather hear why "the kid" is wrong, than just beating around the bushes about it, but i don't know if i will *ever* get a real answer about it

Be specific, please, if anyone would be willing to come forward with the brutal truth that doesn't involve "we are older" and "we know better because we say so because otherwise our life means nothing"

Need to clarify, im not directing my post at you really Fred Steeves, i'm in general going to point a finger at this, even if as the mediocrity in human terms always says "if you point a finger at someone, 3 fingers may be pointing back at you" or such, which is just a way to say "i don't want you to tell my why i'm wrong, because i can't figure it out, so i'm going to tell you that if i'm wrong you must be third times way wronger than me, because my fear or accepting my mediocrity has this as the only way to escape my reality"
    Last edited by Malisa, 20th October 2020 at 09:15.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th October 2020), Aragorn (20th October 2020), Dreamtimer (20th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th October 2020), Wind (20th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,101 Times in 11,916 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    We're drifting miles off-topic again, but I must agree with what Chris wrote here-above. There is currently a lot of commotion again here in Western Europe ─ and most notably in France ─ because an 18-year old Chechnyan beheaded one of his teachers who had (in the course of cultural education) shown two anti-Islam cartoons in class that had previously been published in the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. The youngster acted on his own, but he did so because his religious entourage had put out a fatwa ─ essentially a death sentence ─ against the teacher for having shown those cartoons.

Religious insanity is just as dangerous ─ if not more, even ─ as political insanity, and especially so when it comes to religions that seek to unify church and state, as Islam does, and as Christianity did before it in the western hemisphere for approximately 800 years ─ a period now known as the Dark Ages, because it forbade and violently suppressed any kind of enlightenment and progress.
    Enter the Grand Inquisitor...

Hi Malisa,

It's not a matter of right or wrong, or even a matter of good person, bad person ... it is a matter of ... of ... I forgot.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st October 2020), Dreamtimer (20th October 2020), Elen (21st October 2020)

Thanks
    I like your backbone, Malisa. And though english may not be your first language, you're very good with it.

WantDisclosure started this thread. She was on a mission to confirm her ideas.

I have no personal feeling towards Bill. I have had bad and good impressions of him due to others' accounts. I personally have no clue as to what motivates him. I watched several of the early Project Camelot videos he made with Kerry Cassidy, years ago. My personal impression was that he's good with interviews due to his speaking skills. I saw him be rather rude to Kerry, which turned me off. But she may not have minded at all, I have no idea.

It's not enough to judge his motivations.

I could spend more time over there analyzing his posts and responses. But why would I do that? I can think of no reason.

I also have no idea why folks who say they're not really interested in forums come here and dump on us.

We're a small and friendly Shire. Those folks should go elsewhere.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st October 2020), Elen (21st October 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th October 2020), Lord Sidious (20th October 2020), Malisa (20th October 2020), Wind (20th October 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    I like your backbone, Malisa. And though english may not be your first language, you're very good with it.

WantDisclosure started this thread. She was on a mission to confirm her ideas.

I have no personal feeling towards Bill. I have had bad and good impressions of him due to others' accounts. I personally have no clue as to what motivates him. I watched several of the early Project Camelot videos he made with Kerry Cassidy, years ago. My personal impression was that he's good with interviews due to his speaking skills. I saw him be rather rude to Kerry, which turned me off. But she may not have minded at all, I have no idea.

It's not enough to judge his motivations.

I could spend more time over there analyzing his posts and responses. But why would I do that? I can think of no reason.

I also have no idea why folks who say they're not really interested in forums come here and dump on us.

We're a small and friendly Shire. Those folks should go elsewhere.
    Thank you <3

I just don't get why so many people waste energy here, while saying they "don't care"

But it's just a game in the end, "i'm going to speak in mysterious ways" and such. Because they do know better english than me and try to use that as a way to be "smarter"

Well i'm tired already so i'm going to post my usual question that so far, in the years i've been aware and around, no one can answer for real

"There's a flower growing up in the middle of a road" Why?

Let's watch that wisdom flow. And this is probably the last time i'm going to post on this thread

Thank you Dreamtimer for your time to be kind to me, i'm mostly never get that except for few people here and on avalon, and on twitter but just a few <3
    Last edited by Malisa, 20th October 2020 at 12:09.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st October 2020), Dreamtimer (20th October 2020), Elen (21st October 2020), Emil El Zapato (20th October 2020), Wind (20th October 2020)