Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D-Tube (hopefully) killing off Youtube: best videos to store?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Hi Sinzzer. Good to see you around. Bitcoins and all.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), enjoy being (30th November 2017), sandy (1st December 2017), sinzzer (30th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    I’m just going to come out and say it:

When the electric grid goes down, and it will with the earth’s poles reversing and the sun flaring (we had two “near-miss kill-shots” this summer, either of which if aimed at Earth would have taken us back to horse and buggy days) your bitcoins will go poof as well.

The sun is getting more unstable, the Earth’s shielding is not protecting us anymore. Food, tools, books is where it’s at. Even gold and silver won’t be worth much.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), enjoy being (30th November 2017), sandy (1st December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    One 'forecast' I heard advised just that, Dumpy, food, tools and books. (that was from decades ago)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), enjoy being (30th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Keeping your 'vibration', your wits about you, holding your water. This is more important than working out how to get peanuts out of the puzzle machine.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), sandy (1st December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Hi sinzer,
    Are you saying that you founded steemit? I wonder if you can explain something about the hackings of blockchain site on the internet, and give an idea of how secure steemit is, please.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (1st December 2017), enjoy being (30th November 2017), sandy (1st December 2017), sinzzer (30th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,053 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    Hi Sinzzer.
    They (steemit) ask for cell phone number when signing up. I still have problems with digesting that kind of request, maybe I am being unnecessarily paranoid?
    I like the idea. I have had certain thoughts over the years.
    Like, "The system operates seemingly on rewards given to people who dream up ways of taking, imagine if it were geared by a motivation of dreaming up ways of giving".
    Why does it display the balance of members for all to see? Is this just to show people real time proof of concept, for now? I would imagine it to be a bit intrusive of privacy to show balances down the track, it would also give attemptors of hacking the heads up on who to target?

Welcome back and thanks for contributing.

Add.

I read the FAQ and worked out what the numerical value is and it wasn't what I thought it was, so disregard that question.
    I think by reading the FAQ I have the beginnings of an understanding of how it works but it will take a bit of time.
    My account name will be
    enjoybeing :-)
    heya, no there is nothing to worry about.
    You can use any prepaid number and throw away the fun, its just with phone then registration is more faster.
    And yes i also understand about being paranoid, i mean earning crypto coins from blogging seems like impossible.
    But its not, its just the new technology of mining cryptocurrency coins on a blockchain network.

And why it show the balance of members? Because everything on the blockchain is open for everyone to see.
    Every transactions can be founded back on the records of the blockchain, and the only thing what will be hidden are your passwords.
    Unless you share that openly on the blockchain.
    So the wallet on steemit is only your account wallet, its open for everyone to see, but you can send your earnings to your pc wallet, or exchange platforms what nobody can see.
    And no hacking is almost impossible, because the servers are decentralized, then they must hack every computer on the blockchain, on the same time.
    There for the US government defence system is on a blockchain network.

And thanks, it feels good to be back.
    ps: follow me after you register.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Hi Sinzzer. Good to see you around. Bitcoins and all.
    hey Dreamtimer, thank you!

Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    I’m just going to come out and say it:

When the electric grid goes down, and it will with the earth’s poles reversing and the sun flaring (we had two “near-miss kill-shots” this summer, either of which if aimed at Earth would have taken us back to horse and buggy days) your bitcoins will go poof as well.

The sun is getting more unstable, the Earth’s shielding is not protecting us anymore. Food, tools, books is where it’s at. Even gold and silver won’t be worth much.
    When the times comes then having food, tools or books wound help us either. We can only sit back and wait till out times come.
    And till that time i will not sit by and be a slave for bankers or the elite, i prefer to die as a free man, or il die trying!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sinzzer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (1st December 2017), enjoy being (30th November 2017), sandy (1st December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Kathy View Post
    Hi sinzer,
    Are you saying that you founded steemit? I wonder if you can explain something about the hackings of blockchain site on the internet, and give an idea of how secure steemit is, please.
    No i did not founded that, i found the website after it started in 2016.
    After a friend introduced me to that platform, since then i was very active with real friends on it , and created groups on facebook.

About the hacking of blockchain sites.
    Well there is no hacking on blochchain sites, the only thing what can be hacked are exchange platforms on centralized servers, like a server on a regular hosting.
    That can be hacked, if the security is not good.
    It works like this.

Exchange platforms keep an amount of different coins, they call it volumes.
    And when a hacker crack the passwords, then they can go inside and transfer all coins to anonymous wallets, what are almost impossible to hack.
    And that is the chance what could happen on a centralize website or server.
    That is different with steemit, its a social media application on a blockchain decentralized network, spread around on many nodes or computers, who secure that network.
    So the date is not on the site, its on the blockchain network.

But it might be best to google about steemit, or check some videos about steemit to understand more about that platform.
    Because at the end of the day, steemit dont ask money from members, it only ask qaulity creative content to be shared, and from that can members earn.
    So when they talk about hacking about bitcoins, they are talking about hacking the passwords, to get into the wallets of sites or personal accounts.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sinzzer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (1st December 2017), enjoy being (30th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    What i noticed is this, there is so much misinformation about the bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, and they all come from the media.
    Who are the same media what pollute our society from day 1, and they are guided by bankers and the governments.
    And they will never ever tell the truth about cryptocurrencies to the public.
    They will share lies, that criminals use them.
    That people will lose there money.
    That its a coin created by the elite to create a worldwide coin.
    Or that its created by aliens or who ever to control society.

I can tell you all straight up, its nonsense.
    And im specialized in cryptocurrencies and blockchain concepts.

The truth is the bitcoin is a stand alone coin, its not under control by any company and is used as a payment option.
    In a way that some business accept bitcoins as payment.It was created with the mining strategy of proof or work.
    What latterly means a miner or a computer calculate bank transactions between computer, and for that calculation it earn a reward, that reward is the bitcoin.

Now there are many more mining strategies or concensus, like proof of stake.
    What latterly means, that someone can own some coins, hold them in his wallet, and then he earns some coins after the system detect that it had some coins in wallet.

Another one is proof of brain, that is the concept of steemit.
    Were a miner is a witness and detects the likes or votes people get, and from that it get a reward.

So around these blockchain concepts have companies worldwide created business concepts, to get better results in there companies, because the blockchain offer better solutions than the regular software, and those concepts also got a coin, and if the concept of the business is booming, then the value of the coin will rise. And now we are in a timezone, that many business concepts get on the market what could indeed frighten people, because its new, but that don't mean that they are negative.

In fact all those concepts are mostly created for the regular person, who at the end had no chance or option to succeed on the old business concepts.
    This means everyone can soon be a entrepreneur, and start doing business with each other about anything.
    There will be many options for crowdfunding, were projects can crowd fund in a complete different way.
    Or to get funding will be a lot easier.

But the negativity around cryptocurrencies stand in the way for the masses to see the truth about cryptocurrencies.
    That is the problem what i see in a nutshell around this subject. So people need to do or think about what they want, its just tobad that many judgments get influenced by the same old media, who manipulate the masses since day1.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sinzzer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st December 2017), Elen (1st December 2017), enjoy being (30th November 2017), sandy (1st December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Any TOT members on steemit yet?

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lemual For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th February 2018), Dreamtimer (18th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (18th February 2018), Elen (18th February 2018), enjoy being (18th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Yeah but I haven't been using it. enjoybeing

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th February 2018), Dreamtimer (18th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (18th February 2018), Elen (18th February 2018), Kathy (25th February 2018), Lemual (18th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Cool, I just signed up. Once I'm in I'll look out for you!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lemual For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th February 2018), Dreamtimer (18th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (18th February 2018), Elen (18th February 2018), enjoy being (18th February 2018), Kathy (25th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Sure thing! It was a bit confusing how it all works, but in the end the best thing is not worry much about that and to create content.
    I was a bit disillusioned by bits of it being people just trying hard to earn currency at the moment. When the novelty wears off maybe people will settle in to making content.
    It is an awesome concept to answer the question of post automated age leading to job shortages. In theory people could do just whatever their joy is and be paid for it.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th February 2018), Dreamtimer (18th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (18th February 2018), Elen (18th February 2018), Kathy (25th February 2018), Lemual (18th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    In theory people could do just whatever their joy is and be paid for it.
    Yeah I think if I add any content it'll be in a musical vein, definitely interested to see how it progresses.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lemual For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th February 2018), Dreamtimer (18th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (18th February 2018), Elen (18th February 2018), enjoy being (18th February 2018), Kathy (25th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    In the light of recent actions across social media formats, I certainly think it is time for people to demonetise Youtube and Twitter or any others found to be involved in this practice, and blacklist them for violating our own policy on harassment and bullying.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 24th February 2018 at 05:54.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2018), Dreamtimer (24th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (25th February 2018), Elen (24th February 2018), Kathy (25th February 2018), Lemual (26th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    In the light of recent actions across social media formats, I certainly think it is time for people to demonetise Youtube and Twitter or any others found to be involved in this practice, and blacklist them for violating our own policy on harassment and bullying.
    A number of alt-world folks have been tossed out or severely limited by YouTube and Facebook. It’s time to boycott these clowns and/or strip videos and post them on Dtube.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2018), Dreamtimer (26th February 2018), Elen (25th February 2018), Kathy (25th February 2018), Lemual (26th February 2018), WantDisclosure (25th February 2018)