Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D-Tube (hopefully) killing off Youtube: best videos to store?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts

D-Tube (hopefully) killing off Youtube: best videos to store?

Now that we have blockchain D-Tube:

https://steemit.com/dtube/@heimindan...ist-censorship

Are there critical videos we should store? Can we do that?

Not smart enough in this biz...

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th August 2017), Aragorn (30th August 2017), Dreamtimer (29th August 2017), Elen (30th August 2017), fourty-two (3rd September 2017), Kathy (30th August 2017), Mahakasyapa (30th August 2017), modwiz (30th August 2017), sandy (30th August 2017), WantDisclosure (24th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,468 Times in 10,173 Posts
    I sometimes wonder, are the tptW unable to actually comprehend the reality here now

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th August 2017), Dreamtimer (30th August 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th August 2017), Elen (30th August 2017), Kathy (30th August 2017), modwiz (30th August 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    I sometimes wonder, are the tptW unable to actually comprehend the reality here now
    tptW = Muggles?

If so, nope. Muggles need to be on the Spectrum otherwise they cannot see thru the veil...I know this as I live with one. She cannot see what I see, even her friends tell her stuff and she cannot let go of that "reality."

So she watches MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and thinks she is "up to date."

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th August 2017), Aragorn (30th August 2017), Dreamtimer (30th August 2017), Elen (30th August 2017), Kathy (30th August 2017), modwiz (30th August 2017), sandy (30th August 2017)

Thanks
    the powers that were as opposed to of old , be

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th August 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th August 2017), Elen (30th August 2017), Kathy (30th August 2017), modwiz (2nd September 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    the powers that were as opposed to of old , be
    Nope, bad guys are more clued in than we are, but much, much fewer.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st August 2017), Aragorn (30th August 2017), Dreamtimer (31st August 2017), Elen (30th August 2017), Kathy (30th August 2017), modwiz (2nd September 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    tptW = Muggles?

I live with one. She cannot see what I see, even her friends tell her stuff and she cannot let go of that "reality."

So she watches MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and thinks she is "up to date."
    You must live a very interesting life, DD.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st August 2017), Aragorn (31st August 2017), Dreamtimer (31st August 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st September 2017), Elen (31st August 2017), modwiz (2nd September 2017)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Seems like the blockchain is going to revolutionise the Internet we know it. Is there any newbie-friendly source for learning how does it work and what are the major advantages of using it?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bonybony89 For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st August 2017), Aragorn (31st August 2017), Dreamtimer (31st August 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st September 2017), Elen (31st August 2017), modwiz (2nd September 2017), Myst (2nd September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,099 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bonybony89 View Post
    Seems like the blockchain is going to revolutionise the Internet we know it. Is there any newbie-friendly source for learning how does it work and what are the major advantages of using it?
    Well, there's the Wikipedia article, but whether that's newbie-friendly or not is in the eye of the beholder. I'm a computer guy and even I can't make heads or tails of it.

Also, for most part the technology seems to be used for Bitcoin mining, and I have my own considerations about that. It just shifts the financial-economical problem onto another tray, without dealing with the root of the problem, i.e. that society is based on an artificially created and maintained scarcity.

That said...

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (31st August 2017), Dreamtimer (31st August 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st September 2017), Elen (31st August 2017), modwiz (2nd September 2017), Onthebit (30th November 2017), sandy (3rd September 2017)

Thanks
    Welcome Bony, Clif High is the only crypto fella that makes any sense to me and still not able to fully understand it lol.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st September 2017), Dreamtimer (1st September 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st September 2017), Elen (1st September 2017), fourty-two (3rd September 2017), modwiz (2nd September 2017), sandy (3rd September 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Kathy View Post
    You must live a very interesting life, DD.
    Yeah, and it keeps on getting better...which means it's probably worse for the GF.

we are 180 degrees apart but think each other "cute"...lucky for that

Quote Originally posted by bonybony89 View Post
    Welcome Bony,

I don't understand it either, and I will not do something I do not understand.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd September 2017), Dreamtimer (2nd September 2017), Elen (2nd September 2017), modwiz (2nd September 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Last edited by Myst, 12th January 2018 at 01:24.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Myst For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd September 2017), Dreamtimer (2nd September 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (3rd September 2017), Mahakasyapa (3rd September 2017), sandy (3rd September 2017), Zebowho (30th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Doesn't surprise me that you didn't get a response Myst.....hahhahaa I'm really quite thick when it comes to computer stuff so thanks as it does give me a better Idea and explanation on how blockchain works and why it has become so popular........ pretty awesome brain who thought this program up!!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd September 2017), Dreamtimer (4th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th September 2017), Elen (3rd September 2017), Myst (3rd September 2017)

Thanks
    Very nice explanation, Myst. As a math guy, but pretty mediocre I'll admit, I think your write up is easy enough for most to get it, or at least the gist of this important topic.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th September 2017), Dreamtimer (4th September 2017), Elen (4th September 2017), Myst (4th September 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,053 Times in 812 Posts
    Hello people, it's a long time i was here on this forum, but i can say something about D-tube, steemit and the concept of the blockchain.
    Because im specialized in the blockchain for a couple of years now, in fact it's my work. I created a company to advise organizations, and people in there situation about which blockchain project would be best in there situation. And what i noticed is, that the masses or the public almost don't know what the deal is about cryptocurrency.

Some say it's something created by the elite, others say governments this or that. But the truth is, it's a complete other ball game.
    From my point of view is cryptocurrency the evolution of the financial system, it cants be corrupted or manipulated in some way.
    Because the value depends on the buy and sell of the coin. So Let's say if a major group want to buy a coin, then price go up. And when it goes up, then others will sell for profit or hope it will rise longer.
    And if the "elite" wants to sell cheap, then only a small group will be affected by the value, the group who did not sold it.
    But then again it could rise again, because others see that the value is cheap, and they saw before that it has risen to a high level, and then they hope it will rise again.
    And that will happen because that is the reaction when others buy a coin.

Another point is that blockchain networks are decentralized, data could never be removed or hacked. The only thing what can happen is, that hackers steel passwords of wallets. But that has nothing to do with the blockchain and more with the local security of the personal network.

So D-tube is an application what is created with open source on the steemit blockchain, what work with the consensus of proof of brain. What means that when others vote for the content, or like to call it in facebook terms, then a coin will be created. The coin is the steemdollar, what can be traded for steem coins or transferred to a exchange platform like bittrex or bitfinance or many others.
    What then can be traded for bitcoins, or dollars.

It's in fact a system what is created for the people, to remove the middle man like bankers, governments, and works different from youtube and facebook, who only sell private information to companies.
    They can also block or censor content, those things can't be done on a blockchain technology.

So this time is almost the same as the beginning of the internet, its a new concept and people think that they don't need it, like people in the past thought that they don't need the internet.
    But the truth is, our society needs a new financial system, a system what is not created with the needs what created the problem in the first place. Like the currency we have on this moment is creating only slaves, then free people.

What we need is to be free from the boundaries of the system what keep us prison, we don't need banks if i want to send money to someone else.
    We dont need anyone to earn on our back, and everyone needs the funds or options to reach the goal he is after in life, but those goals can be difficult if we first need to focus on our regular needs like food, housing or normal things in life.

For that reason i started years ago to focus on the blockchain technology, i learned about the different strategies and i saw that it could really work for everyone.
    There is no catch behind it, or some kind of trap for others. No not at all, in fact it can create a option to be financial free for everyone.
    THe only thing what people need to do is working together, stand side by side and look to the bigger picture.
    What is, that we all live on this planet and we all want to make the best of it, and that wound work if we make money on each other backs.
    Humanity can reach more if the 99% of the masses decide to change the system, instead of the 1% who decide for everyone else, like what happen in the past.
    That wound work, and will only leads to wars, racism, discrimination, ignorance, poverty and a financial system what will only work for the elites.

That could change if people start to open there minds and learn about the blockchain technology or about blockchain concepts, what can create the opportunity for everyone to earn coins or to generate coins, what could be used for trading or sold for profit. Like the bitcoin is now on this moment more than 10000 dollars, but once it costed almost nothing. And bitcoin is not the only coin out there, in fact there are many coins related to business concepts or software, or connected to social media concepts, were members can earn coins like Steemit. And we are now in the right time and in the right moment, because now it will grow.
    I already know that much software will be replaced by blockchain concepts or networks, and i know that social media will change as we know.

The power of the future will depend on the networks what were created in the past, or what will be created in the future. So concepts like D-tube is just one of the many new applications what you all will hear of, and more is coming. Concepts to earn from surfing, searching on google, from hosting, from real state, from tourism, from blogging, from a forum, from sharing content, from creating content, for an education system, health care, and many more. And the only thing what those concepts ask for is the same activity or time what people are doing now for big companies who don't share the profit.
    This is not fiction or fake or a hoax, its real and its already out.

So yes it would be smart to create a account on steemit and work with D-tube, to give the opportunity to the viewers of this forum, to support the content creator with a vote or like, on this way the one truth members can support each other in many ways.
    This is my page on steemit, im called Mark Owen
    https://steemit.com/@jhera

So if you got any questions, feel free to ask!
    Cheers

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sinzzer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), enjoy being (30th November 2017), Kathy (30th November 2017), Zebowho (30th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Hi Sinzzer.
    They (steemit) ask for cell phone number when signing up. I still have problems with digesting that kind of request, maybe I am being unnecessarily paranoid?
    I like the idea. I have had certain thoughts over the years.
    Like, "The system operates seemingly on rewards given to people who dream up ways of taking, imagine if it were geared by a motivation of dreaming up ways of giving".
    Why does it display the balance of members for all to see? Is this just to show people real time proof of concept, for now? I would imagine it to be a bit intrusive of privacy to show balances down the track, it would also give attemptors of hacking the heads up on who to target?

Welcome back and thanks for contributing.

Add.
    Why does it display the balance of members for all to see? Is this just to show people real time proof of concept, for now? I would imagine it to be a bit intrusive of privacy to show balances down the track, it would also give attemptors of hacking the heads up on who to target?
    I read the FAQ and worked out what the numerical value is and it wasn't what I thought it was, so disregard that question.
    I think by reading the FAQ I have the beginnings of an understanding of how it works but it will take a bit of time.
    My account name will be
    enjoybeing :-)
    Last edited by enjoy being, 30th November 2017 at 11:32.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), Kathy (30th November 2017), sinzzer (30th November 2017), Zebowho (30th November 2017)