Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X22Report: Economic News

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I love that picture of Putin in the opening post...He's such a sweet looking guy...Beady eyes and all. I have a theory about eyes. The wider set, the more understanding and thoughtful. The closer set, the more predatory. I know that's a throwback to Nazi phrenology but nobody is perfect, not even Putin.

I checked for Putin's statements regarding 'the Rothschild Banking system' and couldn't find anything. Propaganda is evil, no matter the source. I fully understand that we live in broken economic system, doomed to failure because of its inherent and fundamental flaws, BUT:

More Machiavelli than Adam Smith

The Russian banking crisis may well be largely psychological. The failure of a few small banks does not justify the current run on deposits at Alfa Bank, the largest private institution. But psychology is an extremely important tool of government. And President Vladimir Putin is a clever leader. He is well on the way to getting what he wants – an economy that depends entirely on the state’s goodwill. International investors have to accept that the government rules.

It is too early to tell how far the Russian bank crisis will spread. The banking system has recovered since its 1998 collapse, but it is still weak and corrupt. Indeed, most observers believe that as many as 90% of the 1100 privately owned banks should be closed.

From the state’s perspective, the private banking system is at best a mixed blessing. It does finance commerce, but it also supports crime and capital flight. The government is particularly suspicious of banks owned by big industrial groups, for example Alfa Bank. As oil company Yukos has learned, independent wealth is seen as a potential political threat. And the government has a banking alternative. Its own banks already have most of the retail deposits and finance most of the international trade.

Certainly, the government’s actions do not suggest great concern for the private bank sector. Its tighter regulation precipitated the crisis. It has been tepid in providing regulatory relief and indirect support for threatened banks. And when Guta Bank, a mid-sized institution, failed, it was the government-owned Vneshtorgbank that came to the rescue. Effectively, that is a nationalisation.

The current problems in the private banking sector are best understood as part of the Putin economic strategy. He wants the state to retain close control of everything important in the economy. Central planning has been abandoned as an economic tool, but nothing like economic-political autonomy is going to be tolerated. The prime goal of the Russian government is not increased consumption but centralised stability.

International investors in Russia would prefer a government that put their interests first. Foreigners want to deal with powerful businessmen who can keep promises. But in the new Russian system, only the government has that power

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Myst (9th September 2017)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 397 Posts
    Greg Hunter - Weekly News Wrap-Up 9.8.17
    (Published on Sep 7, 2017)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), modwiz (8th September 2017), Myst (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    I'm from Kansas and live in Texas. I know from a lifetime of experience that the Kansas legislature is only marginally less disturbed than the Texans.

NAP

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), modwiz (9th September 2017)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Marxism Versus Capitalism
    Lauren Southern and Stefan Molyneux

(Published on Sep 6, 2017)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR61UgG2qi8

Last edited by turiya, 8th September 2017 at 19:21.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Emil El Zapato (9th September 2017), modwiz (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    Are we actually getting to the point now?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (10th September 2017)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    FROM CRYPTO BASICS TO BLACKMOON
    Nick Amenta & Oleg Seydak

(Published on Sep 2, 2017)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZiveCqs3B8

Crypto currencies and blockchain technology is here to say, says Nick Amenta of the TruthBlitz Media You Tube channel. Nick helps break down the basics of crypto investing and the merits of the new Blackmoon Crypto ICO.

Then, we welcome Blackmoon founder & CEO Oleg Seydak to the show, and I ask him tough questions about tokenizing assets on the blockchain, Blackmoon's use of owl imagery in their promotional video & much more. The Blackmoon ICO is open to citizens of the United States and with only 60 million tokens in total being offered, the September 12th offering is sure to sell out quickly.

Russia Signals Willingness To Professionalize
    Crypto Currency Trading On Exchange

• A trader at the Moscow Stock Exchange (MOEX) speaks on a telephone at his desk with a view of Red Square. Qualified investors could be able to buy and sell risky crypto-currencies and related products on the Moscow Exchange. Exchange regulators want bitcoin to be traded on a regulated exchange and the National Settlement Depository, a subsidiary of MOEX, is testing a blockchain platform expected to be rolled out next year. Putin has his reasons. (Photographer: Andrey Rudakov/Bloomberg)

• Got Bitcoin?

• Russian regulators are taking steps to allow for trading in it on the Moscow Stock Exchange if you're a qualified investor. In doing so, Russia would be the first stock exchange to make crypto-currency a new investable asset. They're not there yet. But wheels are in motion at the chief regulator of the Russian stock exchange that hopes to have a testing platform up and running in early 2018.

Source: forbes.com
    Last edited by turiya, 9th September 2017 at 03:12.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

modwiz (9th September 2017), Myst (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    Truth is, African Indigenous tribes have more leisure time than most denizens of Western civilizations. The thing many people overlook is that social reality reflects Thesis->Antithesis->Synthesis. The key word here is Synthesis. Why must we by default take a worldview of win-lose. Why not compromise and work toward win-win.

NAP

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), sandy (10th September 2017)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    When it becomes obvious that an administrator / moderator of the TOT forum gives thanks to a poster that is specifically present to insert more & more off-topic nonsense into a thread that is created to provide information to others on what is occurring in the world of economic finance throughout this domestic & world scene. This thread now comes to its ultimate & final end.

Again, thanks for nothing!

Peace-Out!
    Last edited by turiya, 9th September 2017 at 17:35.

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by turiya View Post
    When it becomes obvious that an administrator / moderator of the TOT forum gives thanks to a poster that is specifically present to insert more & more off-topic nonsense into a thread that is created to provide information to others on what is occurring in the world of economic finance throughout this domestic & world scene. This thread now comes to its ultimate & final end.
    I have not been monitoring this thread beyond the first couple of posts, simply because quite frankly, as an individual, I'm not interested in economical affairs. As far as I myself am concerned, the whole economy can go to hell, and I say this both out of ideological considerations and out of the fact that both the western economical policies and those who cherish them have taken such a huge toll from me that I can't even pay my bills and taxes anymore right now. I did however catch NotAPretender's post, which I thanked because I agreed with it — regardless of whether you consider him to be on-topic or off-topic.

Furthermore, just because I happen to be the administrator here doesn't mean that everything I say or do would be in function of that role. I am still a human being with a mind of his own, and I am free to express that through my posts and through my choice of which posts I read or skip, and which posts I thank or not, just like every other member of The One Truth. If you wish to read more into that than is there, then that is your problem, not mine, and then I would advise you to find yourself a firmer grip on reality.

P.S.: Shall we compare the number of posts I have thanked since I signed up here as a member in March 2015 to how many posts you have thanked since you yourself joined The One Truth in May 2014? And just for fun, shall we then also take a look at how many posts made by myself have been thanked by you, versus the number of posts that you made and which have been thanked by me?

Didn't think so either.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (10th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Emil El Zapato (10th September 2017), Kathy (11th September 2017), modwiz (9th September 2017), Myst (10th September 2017)

Thanks
    I apologize Aragorn, I have that effect on some people...

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Dreamtimer (10th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Kathy (11th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I apologize Aragorn, I have that effect on some people...
    Apparently, so do I.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (10th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Kathy (11th September 2017)

Thanks
    lol...somehow that doesn't surprise me...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Dreamtimer (10th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Kathy (11th September 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Last edited by Myst, 12th January 2018 at 01:24.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Myst For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Kathy (11th September 2017), sandy (11th September 2017)

Thanks
    Aren't we being a little obvious, Myst? I do respect that, though. Kudos to you!

NAP

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Kathy (11th September 2017), Myst (10th September 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Myst View Post
    I'm sad to see turiya's reporting end. Maybe the solar flare was a factor. I feel affected also.
    Yes I chime in with...it must be the solar flares...people that normally are very peaceful are getting agitated easily. But if turiya is reading this...WAIT a while and come back, because you'll feel different soon when it's all over, you just had to get it out somehow.

@ NotAPretender, not to worry

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th September 2017), Emil El Zapato (10th September 2017), Kathy (11th September 2017), Myst (10th September 2017), sandy (11th September 2017)