Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: CME Killshot near miss - aimed at Mars instead of Earth

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I agree with that 100%.
    I am willing to take odds I am absolutely the most non-woo person here. EVERYTHING I have in my belief system is a derivative of what I have personally seen or derived from such and are high probability items. Now, you have not seen these things and may not believe me as a result, but I will state I am not a woo-woo guy and joke about this here all the time. 50+ years as a math/scientist/engineer working for the US Military with, at times, very high clearances. Hard edged scientist all the way.

Nothing I state here, other than the jokey items, is not backed up with a fair amount of research.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Elen (9th September 2017), Gio (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post

Nothing I state here, other than the jokey items, is not backed up with a fair amount of research.
    Ahum, Rolf, has Ben Davidson gotten back to you yet with the details on his supposed "peer reviewed credentials"? I just checked his website again, and nothing there. Zip, Zero, Zilch.
    http://www.suspicious0bservers.org/about-faq/

And David Wilcock to boot? Are you truly going to continue standing shoulder to shoulder with his "research"?

Listen I hate to be taking a bit of a nip at your heels here again, but brother you're kind of asking for it again.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (9th September 2017), Elen (9th September 2017), sandy (10th September 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Ahum, Rolf, has Ben Davidson gotten back to you yet with the details on his supposed "peer reviewed credentials"? I just checked his website again, and nothing there. Zip, Zero, Zilch.
    http://www.suspicious0bservers.org/about-faq/

And David Wilcock to boot? Are you truly going to continue standing shoulder to shoulder with his "research"?

Listen I hate to be taking a bit of a nip at your heels here again, but brother you're kind of asking for it again.
    Not sure where you've been, but I found the papers and posted them on a thread here. You kind of drift in and out and seem to miss responses.

David Wilcock has some pretty solid researched stuff on Wisdom Teachings, what don't YOU think is done correctly? BTW, I don't agree with all of it, only the areas that are congruent with my "Texas Method" axiom/proof methodology .

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Elen (9th September 2017), Gio (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    I am willing to take odds I am absolutely the most non-woo person here. EVERYTHING I have in my belief system is a derivative of what I have personally seen or derived from such and are high probability items. Now, you have not seen these things and may not believe me as a result, but I will state I am not a woo-woo guy and joke about this here all the time. 50+ years as a math/scientist/engineer working for the US Military with, at times, very high clearances. Hard edged scientist all the way.

The problem is that even research can be falsified, and that the average person doesn't understand enough about the science to form an opinion of their own with regard to whether something would be true or not.

As you can read in another thread, Bill Ryan once thought he had sufficiently researched Pete Peterson to take the man's words for true, and yet he is now fully convinced that Pete Peterson is a fraud — which I myself would agree with. Furthermore — and this is no slight at you, so please don't take it personally — you do cite and credit David Wilcock as a good researcher, but the problem is that David Wilcock is not an actual researcher. He merely collates what others have said, with his own biases sprinkled on top. And we know that he too gets fooled quite easily, courtesy of his own ego and his own belief system — think: Corey Goode, and the commonalities between his story about the alleged Blue Avians and the Ra material, which David Wilcock is obsessed with.

In addition to that, it is all too often the meme of this so-called "alternative community" that everything the mainstream tells us would be a lie, ranging from historical events all the way over to hard science. So there you have hard science, backed up with empirical evidence, and yet the "alternative community" rejects it with prejudice, just because it's mainstream. I'll just name a few of such manifestations:

• the Flat Earth meme
    • the Hollow Earth meme
    • the Concave Earth meme
    • the Chris Thomas material (which is comprised of a whole set of memes all of its own account)
    • the "Hitler was a good guy and the Holocaust is a lie" meme
    • the "We never went to the moon" meme
    • the "Autism is caused by vaccines" meme (which I personally happen to know the facts about)

... and the list goes on and on.

Most people who are only just beginning to wake up are in this phase where they reject anything in the mainstream with prejudice, purely because of the realization that the mainstream has been lying to them about certain things. And therein lies the danger. It is all too easy to take someone at face value just because they speak with authority and because they are "not mainstream". And that's exactly how all these charlatans work. They know the average person has neither the knowledge nor the discernment skills to tell true from false, and lies are always more effective when they contain a certain amount of truth.

In the end, you must never forget that this is how cults and sects are formed: a charismatic person offers up a palatable explanation, people start suspending their disbelief, and they become irrational.

We had a whole cult like that here at The One Truth in 2015, i.e. the Ruiner followers. And then after nearly destroying The One Truth, they all migrated to Eye-Rise, where Ria — who was one of the staunchest of the Ruiner followers — was an administrator at the time. And then they nearly destroyed Eye-Rise as well. Kathy has just informed me only yesterday that when Ria left Eye-Rise, she deliberately deleted about half of the forum's content out of spitefulness before Kathy could drop the ban hammer on her.

And as bad as the above may be, that's all still fairly innocent compared to the cults where people commit mass suicide because of their faith in their self-proclaimed leader.

Whether it is in the mainstream or in the so-called "alternative community" — and I am actually beginning to dislike that term because it's becoming a meme all of its own — to the uneducated, everything they don't understand boils down to being a belief system, whether it's science, politics, religion or whatever. A very large percentage of the population in the western world has adopted economics and specifically capitalism are their belief system. And they'll invoke all sorts of "scientific evidence" (including formulas) to back up their belief system, even though the field of economics is in and of itself a pseudoscience, since a financial-economic society model based upon artificial scarcity is a man-made construct.

I could go on for hours about this, but the bottom line is that we must always be very cautious regarding what we accept for true, including what gets branded as "hard science", and especially if it gets branded as such by someone in the so-called "alternative community", like David Wilcock, Pete Peterson, Eric P. Dollard, Chris Thomas or whoever. Mixing a sufficiently high percentage of technobabble into their rap just to convince the non-technically-savvy populace does not make for actual evidence of their claims just yet.

Just my two Eurocents. Your mileage may vary, etc.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Barbarella (9th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (8th September 2017), Elen (9th September 2017), Ntonyo (8th September 2017), sandy (10th September 2017), Wind (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    The problem is that even research can be falsified, and that the average person doesn't understand enough about the science to form an opinion of their own with regard to whether something would be true or not.

As you can read in another thread, Bill Ryan once thought he had sufficiently researched Pete Peterson to take the man's words for true, and yet he is now fully convinced that Pete Peterson is a fraud — which I myself would agree with. Furthermore — and this is no slight at you, so please don't take it personally — you do cite and credit David Wilcock as a good researcher, but the problem is that David Wilcock is not an actual researcher. He merely collates what others have said, with his own biases sprinkled on top. And we know that he too gets fooled quite easily, courtesy of his own ego and his own belief system — think: Corey Goode, and the commonalities between his story about the alleged Blue Avians and the Ra material, which David Wilcock is obsessed with.

In addition to that, it is all too often the meme of this so-called "alternative community" that everything the mainstream tells us would be a lie, ranging from historical events all the way over to hard science. So there you have hard science, backed up with empirical evidence, and yet the "alternative community" rejects it with prejudice, just because it's mainstream. I'll just name a few of such manifestations:

• the Flat Earth meme
    • the Hollow Earth meme
    • the Concave Earth meme
    • the Chris Thomas material (which is comprised of a whole set of memes all of its own account)
    • the "Hitler was a good guy and the Holocaust is a lie" meme
    • the "We never went to the moon" meme
    • the "Autism is caused by vaccines" meme (which I personally happen to know the facts about)

... and the list goes on and on.

Most people who are only just beginning to wake up are in this phase where they reject anything in the mainstream with prejudice, purely because of the realization that the mainstream has been lying to them about certain things. And therein lies the danger. It is all too easy to take someone at face value just because they speak with authority and because they are "not mainstream". And that's exactly how all these charlatans work. They know the average person has neither the knowledge nor the discernment skills to tell true from false, and lies are always more effective when they contain a certain amount of truth.

In the end, you must never forget that this is how cults and sects are formed: a charismatic person offers up a palatable explanation, people start suspending their disbelief, and they become irrational.

We had a whole cult like that here at The One Truth in 2015, i.e. the Ruiner followers. And then after nearly destroying The One Truth, they all migrated to Eye-Rise, where Ria — who was one of the staunchest of the Ruiner followers — was an administrator at the time. And then they nearly destroyed Eye-Rise as well. Kathy has just informed me only yesterday that when Ria left Eye-Rise, she deliberately deleted about half of the forum's content out of spitefulness before Kathy could drop the ban hammer on her.

And as bad as the above may be, that's all still fairly innocent compared to the cults where people commit mass suicide because of their faith in their self-proclaimed leader.

Whether it is in the mainstream or in the so-called "alternative community" — and I am actually beginning to dislike that term because it's becoming a meme all of its own — to the uneducated, everything they don't understand boils down to being a belief system, whether it's science, politics, religion or whatever. A very large percentage of the population in the western world has adopted economics and specifically capitalism are their belief system. And they'll invoke all sorts of "scientific evidence" (including formulas) to back up their belief system, even though the field of economics is in and of itself a pseudoscience, since a financial-economic society model based upon artificial scarcity is a man-made construct.

I could go on for hours about this, but the bottom line is that we must always be very cautious regarding what we accept for true, including what gets branded as "hard science", and especially if it gets branded as such by someone in the so-called "alternative community", like David Wilcock, Pete Peterson, Eric P. Dollard, Chris Thomas or whoever. Mixing a sufficiently high percentage of technobabble into their rap just to convince the non-technically-savvy populace does not make for actual evidence of their claims just yet.

Just my two Eurocents. Your mileage may vary, etc.
    Well, FWIW I just posted in another thread here at TOT my agreement on Pete Peterson turning into a bogus source as far as Gold mining/Sitchen stuff and now the rationality of Pi in base 3 or base 6 numbering systems as claimed by Pete Peterson is his interview with DW.

I could give him a pass on the gold crap, but the rational Pi stuff is a game changer for me. Pete is ringing hollow for sure.

As far as your list is concerned, we ought to start a thread on that as I agree on everything you have listed. Off the top of my head I'd also list: Global Warming is not happening (Sun is getting hotter), Trump is a (closet) Good guy, a global reset will shower you in money taken from the bad guys...umm what else? I've got a list somewhere...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Elen (9th September 2017), Gio (9th September 2017), Ntonyo (8th September 2017), sandy (10th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Ben isn't a scientist. His research is of the investigative or possibly scholarly kind. He's tried to find scientists doing work to back up his ideas. A lot of the data he presents is put together from various public sites around the world, as far as I can tell, i.e. charts, sun images, etc.

He cites papers related to health issues and sun activity, such as heart health and the effects of geomagnetic storms.

It's pretty much on the fringe to be talking about electric universe and not many have done any research attempting to correlate sun activity and earthquakes.

Such out-of-the mainstream stuff seems unlikely to even be an interest among amateurs. Aren't they mostly exploring within the bounds of what mainstream science already knows?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (9th September 2017), Elen (9th September 2017), Gio (9th September 2017), Wind (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    Not sure where you've been, but I found the papers and posted them on a thread here. You kind of drift in and out and seem to miss responses.
    Rolf, don't mistake my laying low for not paying attention. Big mistake.

Still waiting for those peer reviewed papers?
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 9th September 2017 at 01:44.

Socrates

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (9th September 2017), Elen (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Rolf, don't mistake my laying low for not paying attention. Big mistake.

Still waiting for those peer reviewed papers?
    Big mistake? Big joke.

If you want those papers, go do some research. I dug them up once, and now tired of doing your work. If you won't do it, I don't care. I'm not here for you, I'm here for me. Don't mistake me for the nice folk here, I still have a muggle edge to me.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Elen (9th September 2017), Gio (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,151 Times in 7,346 Posts

Lightbulb

Will share this here ...

Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    Connecting the dots ...

* The Sun and Storms | September 2017 Update

Suspicious0bservers

Published on Sep 8, 2017

15:10 minutes

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (9th September 2017), Elen (9th September 2017), sandy (9th September 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    I'm not joking, but this seems to be applicable to our conversation about the weather.

You don't need a weather man
    To know which way the wind blows

Bob Dylan
    Human beings have abilities that has been overrun and ignored by science. For ages. , This is not about winning arguments...saving face...or being the most intelligent. This is about doing EVERYTHING we can in a desperate situation. Nature is much more than a walk in the park.
    Last edited by Elen, 9th September 2017 at 08:04. Reason: spelling

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (9th September 2017), Gio (9th September 2017), Ntonyo (9th September 2017), sandy (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    @ Aragorn

Well, your post #79 hits so many nails on so many heads! Thank you! What a clear, lucid analysis that may well p*** a number of people off. There have been a number of analytical pieces written recently trying to understand how and why some people seem to believe in - for want of a better word - woo. I think you've covered most bases.

Incidentally, you mention Eric P. Dollard. I've watched some of his videos. When he talks about radio transmission, propagation, etc. he knows his stuff. But then he strays into the most bizarre and demonstrably wrong ramblings - it makes him look unhinged. And 99% of his audience can't tell his facts from his fantasy. This is how these charlatans get away with it, but why do they do it? Money? Fame? Notoriety? What? Perhaps we have to face up to the fact that some people are just bonkers, and our "alternative community" just encourages them...

Babs.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Barbarella For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (9th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Gio (9th September 2017), sandy (10th September 2017)

Thanks

If you want those papers, go do some research. I dug them up once, and now tired of doing your work. If you won't do it, I don't care. I'm not here for you, I'm here for me. Don't mistake me for the nice folk here, I still have a muggle edge to me.
    Roger that grumpy one, I hereby bow to your deep and rigorous research abilities.

Apologies for the interruption in daring to question those abilities, my student hat is donned, and now once and for all

Socrates

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (9th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Gio (9th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Babe said,

This is how these charlatans get away with it, but why do they do it? Money? Fame? Notoriety? What? Perhaps we have to face up to the fact that some people are just bonkers, and our "alternative community" just encourages them...
    I see this in the mainstream as well, most unfortunately.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Barbarella (9th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (9th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Gio (9th September 2017), sandy (10th September 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Ben isn't a scientist. His research is of the investigative or possibly scholarly kind. He's tried to find scientists doing work to back up his ideas. A lot of the data he presents is put together from various public sites around the world, as far as I can tell, i.e. charts, sun images, etc.

He cites papers related to health issues and sun activity, such as heart health and the effects of geomagnetic storms.

It's pretty much on the fringe to be talking about electric universe and not many have done any research attempting to correlate sun activity and earthquakes.

Such out-of-the mainstream stuff seems unlikely to even be an interest among amateurs. Aren't they mostly exploring within the bounds of what mainstream science already knows?
    The term "scientist" is a muggle term for religious folk who believe in a stew of half-baked "accepted science" crap that falls apart when examined with a critical eye. "Scientists" were indoctrinated in a reeducation camp called a University, and band together to brand anyone a heretic who violates their dogmas. As a card-carrying scientist, I have seen this "up close and personal" myself. Ben is a pretty clear eyed researcher who relies on math to make predictions, and then calls himself out when those predictions fail. Unlike many in the science world, he regularly updates the stats on his predictions to further his modeling of phenomena. This is Bayesian updating, and the best way to find truths.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017), Gio (9th September 2017), Ntonyo (9th September 2017), sandy (10th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Barbarella View Post
    @ Aragorn

Well, your post #79 hits so many nails on so many heads! Thank you! What a clear, lucid analysis that may well p*** a number of people off. There have been a number of analytical pieces written recently trying to understand how and why some people seem to believe in - for want of a better word - woo. I think you've covered most bases.

Incidentally, you mention Eric P. Dollard. I've watched some of his videos. When he talks about radio transmission, propagation, etc. he knows his stuff. But then he strays into the most bizarre and demonstrably wrong ramblings - it makes him look unhinged.
    I know. You and I had already been discussing him with other members before here at The One Truth, and that is exactly why I included him in that list. He does know his stuff, but he conflates it with his own woo-woo. "The sun is hollow and it's nothing more than an energy transformer", hello?

Quote Originally posted by Barbarella View Post
    And 99% of his audience can't tell his facts from his fantasy. This is how these charlatans get away with it, but why do they do it? Money? Fame? Notoriety? What? Perhaps we have to face up to the fact that some people are just bonkers, and our "alternative community" just encourages them...

Babs.
    Well, by his own admission, Eric Dollard used to do a lot of drugs when he was younger, and I see some remnants of that in his body language even now that he's older, in the form of unintentional neurological tics. So I'm guessing he's done so many drugs when he was young — even if he's not doing it anymore today — that it must have damaged his brain. I've seen other people like that too.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Barbarella (9th September 2017), Dreamtimer (9th September 2017), Dumpster Diver (9th September 2017), Elen (10th September 2017)