Thread: US Congress Close To Approving Space Army

Thanks
    Thanked 81,093 Times in 20,304 Posts

Lightbulb US Congress Close To Approving Space Army

This month's "Face-Palm Award" goes to the United States of Acronyms. The insatiable Empire strikes again.

In the name of everything that makes us human, could somebody please do the world a favor and kick these testosterone-driven monkeys out of their respective offices?

Source: Gizmodo

While fighting climate change and providing health care are both just too economically burdensome for America, members of the House believe there’s still enough cash to fund a space army that would fight off... the space enemies?

The idea of preparing the US for war in space has found supporters off-and-on for several decades. Talk began to heat up again back in 2007 when China demonstrated an ability to destroy a satellite with a weapon from Earth. Earlier this year, military officials started beat the drum again, insisting that US needs space fortifications. It looks like they may get their wish. This week, the House Armed Services Committee voted 60 to 1 in favor of the creation of a new military branch to be called the United States Space Corps.

The proposal is part of negotiations for this years National Defense Authorization Act. The annual military budget will have to pass a vote in the full chamber before it becomes official but the overwhelming vote in the Armed Services Committee bodes well for the space army’s chances of becoming a reality.

The United States Space Corps would be the first new branch of the military since 1947, when the Air Force was formed. The current proposal would classify the USCC under the Air Force in a way that mirrors the Marines classification under the Navy. The Space Corps’ chief of staff would be ranked as equal to the Air Force chief of staff and would report to the Secretary of the Air Force.

A bunch of guys in Congress who believe space carnage is on its way might be feeling positive about this military overhaul but not everyone in the military feels the same way. According to CNN, the Air Force’s secretary and chief of staff are opposed to the plan. One reason is that we already have the Air Force Space Command and the military believes that the creation of the Space Corps would just cause more complications. Secretary Heather Wilson told reporters that “this will make it more complex, add more boxes to the organizational chart, and cost more money.” Wilson is currently fighting for budget increases and claims that the Air Force has become too small to accomplish what it’s expected to do. “If I had more money, I would put it into lethality, not bureaucracy,” Wilson said.

Representative Mike Rogers, R-Alabama, has been a major cheerleader for the Space Corps. “I’ve been shocked by the response by the Air Force leadership,” he said recently at a hearing. Speaking to NPR at the end of June, Rogers said that “The Russians and Chinese have realized that if they can take our eyes and ears out, which is what our satellites are, they might actually be able to compete or have an advantage against us.”

At least one member of Congress has expressed doubts about the plan. Arizona Representative Martha McSally, a Republican Air Force veteran, said that more discussion is needed. “This is sort of a shocking way to hear about a very major reorganization to our military, and I think it deserves at least a couple hearings and discussions on the matter at the full committee level,” McSally told reporters.

It’s really tough to say just how necessary it is to have an army dedicated to space warfare at the moment. On the one hand, we haven’t really experienced any signficant space aggression. On the other hand, the military can be very helpful in advancing technology and we do need to get off this rock at some point. On the other other hand, we’re facing an actual cyberwar that’s just getting started here on Earth and our president won’t even acknowledge it. Yeah, this is probably stupid.

Source: Gizmodo
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th July 2017), Amanda (10th July 2017), DNA (9th July 2017), Dreamtimer (10th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), enjoy being (9th July 2017), heyokah (10th July 2017), lake (11th July 2017), Paloma (10th July 2017), tarka the duck (13th July 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Space Cadets! (spoken in a deep, "god like" voice with reverberation)

...as I recall there was a TV program in the 50s named such...

BTW, "this" already exists. It is the Secret Space Program(s). And it's not a this, it's a those...we have more than one.
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 10th July 2017 at 00:06.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th July 2017), Amanda (10th July 2017), Aragorn (9th July 2017), DNA (9th July 2017), Dreamtimer (10th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), enjoy being (9th July 2017), heyokah (10th July 2017), lake (11th July 2017), Paloma (10th July 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Space Cadets! (spoked in a deep, "god like" voice with reverberation)

...as I recall there was a TV program in the 50s named such...

BTW, "this" already exists. It is the Secret Space Program(s). And it's not a this, it's a those...we have more than one.
    Yeah, but now they are moving it out into the mainstream awareness, which means that it'll get funded with non-black budgets, and it also means that the US is vamping up on its militarism and its willy-waving toward the other nations.

The fascist blood thirst seems to know no boundaries.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th July 2017), Amanda (10th July 2017), DNA (9th July 2017), Dreamtimer (10th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (10th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), enjoy being (9th July 2017), heyokah (10th July 2017), lake (11th July 2017), Paloma (10th July 2017)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    BTW, "this" already exists. It is the Secret Space Program(s).
    Agreed, the Gary Mckinnon story really fleshes this out rather well.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th July 2017), Amanda (10th July 2017), Aragorn (9th July 2017), Dreamtimer (10th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (10th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), enjoy being (9th July 2017), lake (11th July 2017), Paloma (10th July 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Did the professional agencies - want someone to do exactly what Mr Mckinnon did?? If the professional agencies actually knew what they were doing - wouldn't their 'systems' have been protected???? What Mr Mckinnon did is actually quite simple - when you have the computer prowess. All I can say is kudos to him - for showing our Global Society that the professional agencies designed to (apparently) protect us - in fact cannot even protect (properly) their own information.

I find this entire situation - with Mr Mckinnon - to be incredible. On so many levels he has detected what technically, should not have been able to be detected. He has done us all a huge favour. He is very articulate and appears very very very credible. He underlines the fact that NASA use artists to remove and or add images. Thank You Mr Mckinnon.

I have long held the opinion that reverse engineering is a very real fact. I see Humans on a daily basis transfixed/hypnotised/mesmerised with their hand held devices and other technology - not realising that the technology they hold in their hands is but an incredibly small part of an incredibly enormous 'big picture.'

Is it possible that Mr Mckinnon was 'permitted' to do what he did - so that the 'legislation' he cites could be constructed via his actions? I know - from personal experience - that when you are ahead of those who seek to destroy you - they DO NOT always have legislation on hand.

In keeping with the topic of the opening post - there is no such thing as Climate Change however I would suggest ecological destruction is a daily action that occurs all over the planet we call Earth - yes/no/maybe???? Why on Earth are we not protecting our own planet instead of looking towards space??? Let's house all the homeless and feed the starving and heal the sick. It has been proven that there are ample resources for every single person - too much control and the hypnotising of Humans is the real problem - yes/no/maybe????

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

NB: Just saw the attached link and thought it might help people to understand the enormity of the situation. I searched for other links but the attached link appears to be the most concise.
    http://www.disclose.tv/news/shocking...diation/139626
    Last edited by Amanda, 10th July 2017 at 01:49.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th July 2017), Dreamtimer (10th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), enjoy being (10th July 2017), heyokah (10th July 2017), lake (11th July 2017), Paloma (10th July 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Did the professional agencies - want someone to do exactly what Mr Mckinnon did?? If the professional agencies actually knew what they were doing - wouldn't their 'systems' have been protected???? What Mr Mckinnon did is actually quite simple - when you have the computer prowess. All I can say is kudos to him - for showing our Global Society that the professional agencies designed to (apparently) protect us - in fact cannot even protect (properly) their own information.

I find this entire situation - with Mr Mckinnon - to be incredible. On so many levels he has detected what technically, should not have been able to be detected. [...]
    One could suspect that Gary and others were allowed to break into NASA's systems and those of the Pentagon as some sort of honeypot, but I'm afraid the truth of the matter is that those systems were indeed left unprotected out of incompetence.

First of all — and I have said this many times already — Microsoft Windows is simply the worst of the worst of all operating systems in existence on account of security, but it was adopted by the US government and the US military for political reasons — possibly including bribery as well as lobbying. Secondly, as Gary has stated, those systems were all set up with blank administrator passwords, because nobody had bothered to set up security.

A few years ago it was leaked out — and it was addressed by Abby Martin in one of her Breaking The Set shows on RT — that the secret launch code for all of the USA's nuclear missiles was still set to "000000", because nobody had bothered to actually set a code in there. Abby was even joking that by now they had probably already changed it to "123456".

In keeping with the topic of the opening post - there is no such thing as Climate Change however I would suggest ecological destruction is a daily action that occurs all over the planet we call Earth - yes/no/maybe????
    Climate change is real, but what has been severely exaggerated and inflated is the impact of human activity on the climate, because climate change is a natural and cyclic phenomenon, and it is to a large extent imparted upon Earth by solar activity.

Why on Earth are we not protecting our own planet instead of looking towards space??? Let's house all the homeless and feed the starving and heal the sick. It has been proven that there are ample resources for every single person - too much control and the hypnotising of Humans is the real problem - yes/no/maybe????
    That's what you get with psychopaths in power. They're not interested in what's good or what's right. They're only interested in self-gratification.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

DNA (10th July 2017), Dreamtimer (10th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), JRS (11th July 2017), lake (11th July 2017), Paloma (10th July 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by DNA View Post
    Agreed, the Gary Mckinnon story really fleshes this out rather well.

At 1:05 re: antigravity (AG) in use. The B2 Bomber uses antigravity to fly as the engines are severely underpowered to lift and propel that machine. AG in plain sight, and yeah "trickle fed" perhaps.

At 2:05 not all Military networks are MicroSoft. Part of SPAWAR (NAVY) swapped over to Apple's OS due to all the hacking of the unclassified system. The SIPRNET system (Secret) is all MicroSoft (MS) based and very, very, very hard to maintain due to MS's crap operation system but the IT staff did a very good job in it's maintenance. In my last job, I literally lived inside of a SCIF (a huge classified vault with tumbler locks literally on the doors). All the most secret stuff is in SCIFS and there are SCIFs inside of SCIFS. And in these places, the real secret stuff is "air gapped" i.e. not connected even though all of SIPRNET is connected world wide. So a case can be made that if anybody can get in so easily "online" somebody(s) in charge is/are OK with the leaks. I think there is a large chance of it being "approved" disclosure. I knew the IT staff at my job and I was somewhat familiar with their procedures. They were quite sophisticated, passwords and such were well protected on the outside connected systems, and changed often. We thought of NASA guys as being security "rubes" i.e. dumb civilians, and frankly not giving a damn about security. In my experience I found Military Operations Security to be quite sophisticated, redundant in many places, and very, very hard to penetrate.

At 10:00 losing a down loading picture, why didn't he take a screen shot since he could see it? If he was really interested in capturing such info, that's the first thing you'd do.

10:45 "getting a knock on the door" Maybe the reason this stuff is "left" online. i.e. to "trap" folks. There easily could be a backup story to show that such info was deliberately placed as a honeypot to snare such folks. I've seen several "UFO photos" that were later shown to have come from conventional photos and have an object inserted so as to be a red herring for UFO folks to find, publish, and then be debunked. This seems to be working, he did this in 2002, we are in 2017 and no smoking gun exists showing UFOs exist that the general populace believes in spite of his (and others) actions. And to boot, this video exists where he talks about such technology.

14:50 MS's stupid security procedures. The system is designed to default to allowing folks to get into your computer. Bill Gates and MS minions are criminals.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th July 2017), DNA (11th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), enjoy being (11th July 2017), JRS (11th July 2017), lake (11th July 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    My current filing of this story and the story about Trump reopening the Space commission or w/e it is called, sits in a timeline intersection as "background/backup story" to be used with any possible announcement of an alien invasion. The timing fitting into this period of silence following the Antarctica thing, but not necessarily connected with any speculations on that.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (11th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), lake (11th July 2017)