Thread: Project Gutenberg

Retired Member
    Thanks

Project Gutenberg

This is a site which maybe you have seen....or not?

http://www.gutenberg.org

It holds over 54000 copyright free books which are freely available and is digitalizing more each day..

These are links to some of the books I have read this year from this site:

The Rosicrucian Mysteries by Max Heindel

Standard Selections, by Various

Experiments with Alternate Currents of High Potential and High Frequency, by Nikola Tesla

The inventions, researches and writings of
    Nikola Tesla, by Thomas Commerford Martin

The Boy's Book of New Inventions

The Human Aura, by Swami Panchadasi

Hidden Treasures, by Harry A. Lewis

Little Journeys to the Homes of the Great, Volume 11 (of 14), by Elbert Hubbard

The Black Star Passes, by John W Campbell

The Mystery of Space, by Robert T. Browne

Secret Societies of the Middle Ages, by Thomas Keightley

The Hidden Power, by Thomas Troward

The Law of Psychic Phenomena, by Thomson Jay Hudson

The Pope, the Kings and the People, by William Arthur, Edited by W. Blair Neatby

Compulsory Vaccination, by Charles T. Pearce

THE ELIMINATOR; OR, SKELETON KEYS TO SACERDOTAL SECRETS

The Bible: what it is, by Charles Bradlaugh

Hebraic Literature; Translations from the Talmud, Midrashim and Kabbala, by Various, et al, Edited by Maurice Henry Harris

Pharisaism, Its Aim And Its Method, by R. Travers Herford

Lilith, by Ada Langworthy Collier THE LEGEND OF THE FIRST WOMAN....you may wish to read this lol

International Language and Science, by
    L. Couturat and O. Jespersen and W. Ostwald and L. Pfaundler and R. Lorenz

A servant of Satan, by Louis Berard

The New Optimism, by Henry De Vere Stacpoole

Limbo, by Aldous Huxley

Discoveries and Inventions of the
    Nineteenth Century, by Robert Routledge

The Secret Doctrine, Vol. 1 of 4 by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky

Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, by Albert Pike

Old words are more correct than new....just a thought
    Last edited by lake, 4th July 2017 at 22:08.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2017), Aragorn (4th July 2017), DNA (10th July 2017), Dreamtimer (4th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th July 2017), Elen (5th July 2017), fourty-two (4th July 2017), GCS1103 (5th July 2017), Gio (6th July 2017), Juniper (5th July 2017), sandy (6th July 2017), TimeSensitive (5th July 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    marking for later reading...

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2017), Aragorn (4th July 2017), DNA (10th July 2017), Dreamtimer (5th July 2017), Elen (5th July 2017), GCS1103 (5th July 2017), Gio (10th July 2017), Juniper (5th July 2017), lake (10th July 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Some interesting books for sure..............thanks for the link

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2017), Aragorn (6th July 2017), DNA (10th July 2017), Dreamtimer (6th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (10th July 2017), Elen (6th July 2017), Gio (10th July 2017), lake (10th July 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I will put this link here for the Kolbrin Bible.

http://devise.one/TOT/Kolbrin-Bible.pdf

It is a PDF.

Now I do not have any regard for man made concepts of deities, I do read as much as possible and consider all and any points of view, as I would not wish to become static in my consideration.

The most compelling argument regarding the 'nature' of this earth is that it is 'formed' from 'evil' (for want of better words) for me and I have been trying to find a thought which removes this limitation which I feel!

So within this book are these words:

The seeming imperfections of Earth, the hazards and inequalities of life, the cruelty, harshness and apparent indifference to suffering and affliction are not what they seem; as it is, Earth is perfect for its purpose. It is ignorance of that purpose which makes it appear imperfect.
    Now while I do not state that this book is correct....it has given me 'food for thought'.

I will also quote the THE SALUTATION OR PROLOGUE TO THE BRONZEBOOK as it is a nice thought and well written (in my mind)

Greetings, Unborn Ones, now asleep in the dark womb of the future. Greetings from we who were once as you
    are now and like whom you will one day be. We too hoped and feared, doubted and believed.
    Were you choosing a gift from the past to the future, what would it be? The golden treasures hoarded by kings?
    The bright jewels beloved by queens? Is worldly wealth still so important to you? If that would be your choice
    above all else, we are disappointed, for our labours have been in vain.
    Would you prefer the secret of life, of eternal youth? Have you altered so little from those who live and laugh
    today, with no thought turned towards the future? This thing which seems so desirable, were it yours would you
    value it? Would it never pall? Would you still be grateful for it after a thousand years have passed? The answer
    would be "yes" if this life were all, the beginning and end, complete in itself. But might not this life be no more
    than a prelude, an introduction to something infinitely greater? Is the riddle still unsolved, the secret of the ages
    still well kept, known only by a few, even when these words are read? How many generations have passed
    without progress? Does mankind still lie passive like driftwood upon the sea of spiritual apathy, driven back and
    forth by changeable winds and conflicting currents, making no headway?
    Could we leave you the knowledge enabling you to live a life without toil, surrounded by every luxury and
    pleasure; a magic stone granting every desire, an all healing potion, the ability to fly or know all things on Earth,
    would any of these satisfy the desires of your heart and fulfil your dreams? We who lie so far back along the
    road trust you have progressed beyond such petty aspirations.
    It is beyond our power to give such gifts, and were they ours to bestow we would withhold them, for unless a
    gift confers a benefit, it were better not given. With the wisdom of your generation, tell us, which of the things
    mentioned would really benefit you or even prove less bad than good? Or do you still remain unaware of your
    true nature and needs?
    Who you are, how you speak and dress (are you even like us in form?) we cannot know or imagine. This alone
    we know as truth, you are brother beings of ours and travel the road we once trod. We share one destiny and
    have the same true goal, though perhaps no more know in your day what these are than do in ours. Like to us
    life comes to you unbidden, it is fraught with problems and difficulties; it alternates between light and shade,
    and like us you wonder what awaits at the end. You, too, are victims of Earth's delusions; you, too, find Truth
    and Perfection beyond your grasp and you, too, aspire to beauty and goodness. These things we know about you,
    these things must be or you would not exist.
    Your needs are no different from ours, but do you now know with certainty what they are? Your life serves the
    same purpose, you are part of the same pattern, you are ruled by the same impulses and urges, but do you know
    why and to what end? We know you are without certainty and assurance about what lies beyond the veil of
    death, for these cannot be given while man remains no more than man, and doubtless like us you remain
    suspended between doubt and belief.
    Our Unborn Friends, whatever your circumstances of life you are the children of the past and heirs of those who
    have lived and died. We trust you have no cause to reproach those who once held stewardship over your estate.
    But whatever you think of the heritage, you cannot put it aside, any more than you can refuse the obligations of
    life. Maybe it brings you the happiness and security, the peace and plenty we never knew. If so, this will remain
    unread, for to you it would be a wilderness of words serving no purpose. If you have so much, if you have
    progressed so far, nothing we could give would be of benefit. To the traveler, information about the road behind
    is worthless. If this is your state we hail you, we are proud of you, our worthy children of light, conceived in the
    long dark years wherein we laboured and ploughed our own short furrow. You have done well and our greatest
    joy would be to stand beside you as you exaltingly reach out for the crowning glory of godhood.
    But you may be no more enlightened than we, in which case accept our offering as a token of our regret, our
    desire to make amends on behalf of those who preceded you, for if you remain lost in spiritual darkness the
    blame is theirs and not yours.
    This we give you, The Hidden Books containing the accumulated harvest of wisdom and Truth garnered over
    the generations, the bread and oil which sustained us and never diminished. May they serve you in your day as
    well as they served us. Above all, may you be sufficiently enlightened to receive them, for today we are
    persecuted because of our books, and most who treasured and guarded them are now dead. We can only consign
    these books to the ground and destiny, trusting they will be called forth at the proper time and in a receptive
    generation.
    These books, which we hand into the keeping of time, were written under the authority of revelation and
    inspiration. Containing Truth, their message cannot be attacked by time, for Truth is an eternal youth.
    We make no claim to exact and accurate statements beyond the possibility of error and misinterpretation, for
    words are frail messengers. They are fallible things unable to transmit accurately from mind to mind. Also, we
    cannot tell how they who resurrect the books will deal with the contents. They are written in letters known to the
    learned, but learning changes with the generations. These books are the glorious embodiment of Eternal Truth,
    but the words and expressions are unworthy garments so that misconception and misunderstanding are not
    possible. Words are servants of the fallible mortal sphere and when called upon to serve a realm of greater things
    prove inadequate. Therefore, be not like some petty-minded ones of our generation who say, "The letters are
    misplaced and the words ill used." They examine each blade of grass diligently, but fail to discover the purpose
    of the meadow. Such men lack insight and seeing only the bare letters say, "These tell me all, there is nothing
    more". We have a saying, "do not judge a place of instruction by its bricks". Wisdom, being eternal, doubtless
    this will apply no less in your generation.
    So, Unborn Unknowable Ones, we humbly tender this, the gift of the past which we could not pass on
    otherwise. If you have advanced far along the road towards greatness, it will have no value; but if you still dally
    or have wandered away, lost in the illusive mists of worldliness and none answers your cries, then take this hand
    extending out of the past. It will guide you faithfully and well.
    Down through the generations men have been persecuted, have suffered and died so that Truth and Goodness
    might prevail, remember them. If the world is good, then your peace and pleasures have been brought by their
    sacrifices. If it is not, then you must not quibble over the cost to yourselves in making it good. Surely no
    torments and terrors in your days could exceed those of the past!
    Farewell, Unborn Ones, with these few words we have reached from the day of the present into the night of the
    future. We have planted the seed, will it grow or rot in the ground? What crop will it produce? We cannot know.
    Let fate deal with it as it will, we have gathered the seed, flailed and winnowed it and kept it with every care.
    We have planted well, we can do no more.
    May life deal better with you than with us. May you never be denied the comforting hand of hope. Farewell!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2017), Aragorn (10th July 2017), DNA (10th July 2017), Dreamtimer (10th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (10th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), Gio (10th July 2017)

Thanks
    Alice in Wonderland...Through the Looking Glass

...19th century alt-world Disclosure documents.

...good stuff.
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 10th July 2017 at 18:49.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2017), Aragorn (10th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), Gio (10th July 2017), lake (10th July 2017), modwiz (12th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    You've given links to more than 30 days of reading. Thanks for that.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2017), Aragorn (10th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (10th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), Gio (10th July 2017), lake (10th July 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2017), Aragorn (10th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (11th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), Gio (10th July 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Interesting little bit from the Kolbrin (page 165)....when a boy becomes a man, he takes a vow....wonder how many today could adhere to these words?

When a child stands on the threshold of manhood and his manly organs become active, he shall be made a man after the old custom. He shall be handed over the threshold stone and welcomed as in times past, but this shall be the new declaration:

“I know without doubt what I am. I am the seed of divinity implanted within a body of flesh. I belong with those who walk the Great Path of the True Way and my place is beside them. I am a man knowing manly ways and I will do what is required of me as a man”.

“My duty is to always protect those who walk with me and never deny my beliefs. I shall be steadfast even under persecution. The tormentors’ instruments will not open my mouth. I undertake to bring at least one convert into the light”.

“My duty is to take a wife and beget children who will be raised in the light of the Great Path of the True Way. My duty is to provide for them in every way within my power and to instruct them in the paths of wisdom.”

“My duty is to learn a skilled craft. I will be kind to animals, to vegetation and to the soil. I will not wilfully harm a wild creature or a tree. My duty is to oppose all forms of disorder and lawlessness. It is to learn the purpose of life and to try to understand the design of The Supreme Spirit Who laid all things out in orderliness. I know I must always keep my thoughts clean, my words true and good and my deeds manly.”

“I know there is a path of evil. It is the way of weakness and cowardice, which leads to self-destruction. I will fight all forms of wickedness and evil wherever I find them and I know I cannot go manfully through life without opposition and struggle”.

“I know that all men are born mortal and all must die in body, but I believe I am a soul with the potentiality of everlasting life. If, during the trials of life, I am assailed by doubt I will not remain passive before it”.

“I promise to obey the code of manliness and to follow the paths of wisdom. My tongue will ever speak true and my hand do good. I know that just to do good is not sufficient, but I must attack evil. My duty is to oppose wicked men and their ways, and I will abide in peace with my brothers”.

“My duty is to learn and to understand the teaching s of the Holy Writ, so that I may direct my children by its light. I will uphold and support the Brotherhood all the days of my life and expound its teachings to others. I acknowledge that only by example can I be a true and worthy exponent”.

“I will never oppress any man for his belief, unless he first attack mine. Even then I will bear him with tolerance, until his oppression threatens to overwhelm me. I will never agree to the conversion of men by force, even for their own good, for this is an evil thing. My only arguments shall be example and common sense”.

“The faith I hold shall not be something imprisoned within my thoughts, but something lived and expressed indeeds. I give thanks for the knowledge that I am a living soul, but I know full well the grave responsibility I bear towards my future being. I will not be a disgrace to Earth when I pass to the greater realm beyond.”

“When I become a father of children I. shall accept responsibility for their wrongdoing, even as credit is claimed for their goodness. I shall not seek to blame others for my own failures. I shall be ever mindful of the good things of life and grateful for them. I shall suffer adversity and affliction with fortitude, rising above them like a man and not cringing before them like a dog under the stick of his master. Doubts, fears, unnatural desires and unmanly urges may lurk along my path, like forest demons which waylay those who travel, but I shall overcome them.”

“I will not hide my contempt for the workers of wickedness and servants of evil, and though they may be in the seats of the mighty I will accord them no respect. I will never commend that which is wicked.”

“I recognise that my soul and body compete for the satisfaction of their separate desires. I know that each day the body dies a little, that every day it draws nearer to the dark shore. Therefore, I will follow the precepts of prudence and each and every day will be a step forward in the awakening of my soul. I shall not punish my trueself for the sake of satisfying a decaying body”.

“I will live in the light as revealed in the Holy Writ, the Written Light as revealed to the Brothers of the Book. I will live as a man, acknowledging my duties and obligations as a man, and I will die as a man.”

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2017), Aragorn (10th July 2017), Dreamtimer (13th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (11th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), Gio (10th July 2017), sandy (11th July 2017), TimeSensitive (12th July 2017)

Thanks
    “Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” ― Lewis Carroll writing as the White Queen in "Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There".
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 11th July 2017 at 00:38. Reason: correction

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2017), Aragorn (11th July 2017), Dreamtimer (13th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), lake (11th July 2017), modwiz (12th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    "Read not to contradict and confute; nor to believe and take for granted; nor to find talk and discourse; but to weigh and consider". - Sir Francis Bacon
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2017), Aragorn (12th July 2017), Dreamtimer (13th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (12th July 2017), Elen (12th July 2017), Kathy (23rd October 2017), lake (12th July 2017)