Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Will It Take to Change the World?

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts
    Feel if the world changed faster than it already is, confusion would take over and the confusion atm is just bearable to many, too many fuses would be blown.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2017), Dreamtimer (6th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (6th July 2017), enjoy being (6th July 2017), Gio (7th July 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Future Shock.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2017), Aragorn (6th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (6th July 2017), enjoy being (6th July 2017), Gio (7th July 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    I agree Aianawa,

IMO the change is a forgone conclusion, a matter of cause and effect in universal balance. That is the destination is already there decided and will happen, just the manner in which we get there is the bit which can move about.
    You know, on the micro level of personal lessons leading to change. If the knocking is ignored it will come back louder and the requirement goes up. That is the frustration, in that if we and our ancestors had taken different paths or had simply acted sooner, then the price would not be as step.
    But every action creates its interlocking piece to return to the path.
    Used to say that merely by being alive we create our own perfect obstacles. It sort of got harder to quantify that in later years. We have had a 16 year long house party since 911, money from houses. Materialism has gone through the roof. Disorders of the psyche.

I prefer to think of it as muck coming to the surface. But some of it is fresh overlays. The internet has helped people spew out their demons and learn about themselves. Every thorn has a rose. :-p

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2017), Aragorn (6th July 2017), Dreamtimer (6th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (6th July 2017), Gio (7th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Feel if the world changed faster than it already is, confusion would take over and the confusion atm is just bearable to many, too many fuses would be blown.
    Don't you think the world is changing due to the efforts of seekers and "movers and shakers"?

What I want to know is, should we just rely on the natural course of events and not take it upon ourselves to do something proactive?

Every time I read about cycles in the universe that happen repeatedly, I ask myself, "So does this mean I don't have to do any work; it's going to take care of itself anyway?"

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2017), Aragorn (6th July 2017), Dreamtimer (6th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (6th July 2017), enjoy being (6th July 2017), Gio (7th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,138 Times in 20,321 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KeepTrying View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Don't you think the world is changing due to the efforts of seekers and "movers and shakers"?
    I don't think this is what he meant. He's talking of the pace, not of the changes themselves.

What I want to know is, should we just rely on the natural course of events and not take it upon ourselves to do something proactive?

Every time I read about cycles in the universe that happen repeatedly, I ask myself, "So does this mean I don't have to do any work; it's going to take care of itself anyway?"
    It is not the "movers and shakers" — as you call them — who are bringing about change. Change is a constant element of existence. Everything is constantly evolving. Yin and Yang are constantly interacting with one another and chasing one another around on the wheel of karma — by lack of a better term.

The tricky part is to make things evolve into a direction which would be desirable for everyone, rather than for a self-proclaimed elite. If we leave it all up to happenstance, then we're never going to get there, because the self-proclaimed elite are not going to give up on their stronghold of this planet and its population without a fight.

The only way to bring about a change that would benefit everyone on this planet (except for the predators and the psychopaths) is through a grassroots movement. But that would require that the grassroots gets off of its ass first and becomes an activist, rather than a mere consumer of information, impatiently waiting for Mr. Spaceman™ (or the president of the United States of Acronyms) to come and save us all, just like in the movies.

Do not look outward for the answers, but instead look inward. Know thyself, as our Kiwi brother likes pointing out.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2017), Dreamtimer (6th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (7th July 2017), enjoy being (6th July 2017), Gio (7th July 2017), modwiz (12th July 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Exactly Keeptrying, it is a conundrum eh.

With what I said above I didn't probably word it extremely well. Between our inputs the paths can be different. By doing nothing at all, the Earth may become free of the polluting and there will probably be a few humans left, and the parasites will have killed each other off or starved. It would be pretty much the same outcome, but lots more bloodshed or what have you.

But then you have the notion of trying to speed things up or make great works to wake people up. Think about John Lennon and Yoko with their War is Over campaign, wow that was powerful, and it got him killed pretty much.
    Then you have say, religious door knockers who harass people in their homes and turn them away from their message they are trying to spread.
    Much the same as 'early' conspiracy theory on the internet, around 2004 and onwards there was a large amount of people being woken up by material on the 911 event, and they (we) were saturating ourselves in all sorts of videos, Alex Jones came out with Bohemian Grove and all the aliens stuff... then these people in a fairly catatonic states were jumping on public forums and telling anyone who would listen all about it... which as you might imagine made them sound like nutbars, and this was very damaging as it did the same as the religious people knocking on doors. It stigmatised the subjects and made people nervous and not wanting to be associated with or seen to be talking about any such thing for fear of being ridiculed like they had seen done to these others.

So in some ways, sometimes you aren't actually ALLOWED to make it go faster, you can end up making it go slower, or worse.

Must qualify that I don't believe that doing nothing is prudent. I do in myself believe that TPTW are living numbered days and they will not survive in the manner they are used to, regardless of our input. But that is just my own feelings, and it doesn't follow that a 'do nothing' tactic would be healthy for humanity.
    I'm a bit hard nosed in ways, where I care much much more about the planet than I do myself. If I could guarantee the safety and well being of the planet for my life I would trade it in a heart beat
    Last edited by enjoy being, 6th July 2017 at 15:47.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2017), Aragorn (6th July 2017), Dreamtimer (6th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (7th July 2017), Gio (7th July 2017), modwiz (12th July 2017), WantDisclosure (6th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Make moves to self sufficiency. Dig up your lawn and plant a garden, and deliberately cultivate native plants (weeds) to support the actual ecosystem, and tell your neighbors why. Change in this world is revealed more by the sweat on your brow than by the keyboard underneath your fingers.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2017), Aragorn (6th July 2017), Dreamtimer (6th July 2017), Elen (7th July 2017), Gio (7th July 2017), modwiz (12th July 2017), Paloma (6th July 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Future Shock.

Future shocks, jolts to-with the noospheric karma transmutation goings on are the lulls we experience collectively, sometimes imo.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2017), Dreamtimer (6th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (7th July 2017), Gio (7th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Thank you. That actually sheds light for me on what you say about the lulls.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2017), Aragorn (6th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (7th July 2017), Gio (7th July 2017), modwiz (12th July 2017)

Thanks

Think, feel spirrills, imagine being the centre of a cube, you are as the universe a torroidial sock, wayseeers the seedlayers found your mind, do as you know as you feel as you breathe as the future soul your path will walk or run according to your nows.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2017), Dreamtimer (6th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (7th July 2017), Gio (7th July 2017), lake (7th July 2017), modwiz (12th July 2017), WantDisclosure (6th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 295 Posts
    My first concern is here on Mother Earth. Mars can wait. It has already waited for millions of years. One big thing it will take to change the world for the better, in my opinion, is VISION. To me VISION involves finding things THAT WORK. You can find a lot of things that don't work in the world. Reason being we have put ourselves in POGO position. "We Is met the enemy and they is Us!" With our heads in the sand, we've been booted in the backside many times, quite unnecessarily. Another big factor in improving the lot of the world is FOCUS. If our focus were right, we would jump outside the box and quit thinking in terms of right and wrong. WE would think in terms again of what works.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2017), Aragorn (7th July 2017), Dreamtimer (7th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (9th July 2017), Elen (7th July 2017)

Thanks
    Additionally, part of the problem is that the world won't change till we change. Our focus needs to be on our own inner being, not just the outer manifest world. That outer world is a REFLECTION of what goes on in our own inner consciousnesses. Change what's inside, the outside will change by itself. That's one of the reasons I say Mars can wait.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2017), Aragorn (7th July 2017), Dreamtimer (7th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (7th July 2017), modwiz (12th July 2017), WantDisclosure (7th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    We need rational discussion of subject matters, yes—but ridicule is not rational discussion.

Rather, it perpetuates false information, because it is the first step toward a quagmire of in-fighting that will ensue.
    In my opinion, the use of ridicule in public discourse is a huge stumbling block that we have in trying to join together to make change.

People seem to think that it is acceptable to ridicule people's ideas as a way to discuss the ideas. Forum members do this all the time when discussing public figures. Generally it is against forum rules to ridicule another member, but, ridiculing public figures is allowed. The problem is, these public figures are sometimes doing the best they can, from the heart, to make this a better world. They're human beings just like the rest of us, and being ridiculed causes them, and the people who are supporters of their ideas, great pain. The natural reaction is to fight back. Much valuable time and energy is consumed by in-fighting.

If we all want to look within to help bring about change, I suggest that we all ask ourselves, "Do I ridicule others?" We can make a contribution to the collective by putting a stop to the technique of ridicule, which is a fallacy of reason.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2017), Dreamtimer (7th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (7th July 2017)

Thanks
    Must agree. Ridicule is unkind.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2017), Aragorn (8th July 2017), Dreamtimer (8th July 2017), Dumpster Diver (7th July 2017), Elen (8th July 2017), WantDisclosure (7th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    In my opinion, the use of ridicule in public discourse is a huge stumbling block that we have in trying to join together to make change.

People seem to think that it is acceptable to ridicule people's ideas as a way to discuss the ideas. Forum members do this all the time when discussing public figures. Generally it is against forum rules to ridicule another member, but, ridiculing public figures is allowed. The problem is, these public figures are sometimes doing the best they can, from the heart, to make this a better world. They're human beings just like the rest of us, and being ridiculed causes them, and the people who are supporters of their ideas, great pain. The natural reaction is to fight back. Much valuable time and energy is consumed by in-fighting.

If we all want to look within to help bring about change, I suggest that we all ask ourselves, "Do I ridicule others?" We can make a contribution to the collective by putting a stop to the technique of ridicule, which is a fallacy of reason.
    After having worked in Wash DC in the 80s, and in NATO in the 90s I have the view that virtually every politician is doing stuff for themselves. When the Paedo/blackmail stuff came out, I said, mostly to myself as my dear wife still believes in these monsters, it figures.

The most you are going to get out of any political system is dark grey personalities at best. As yourself: how many pols have verified alt-world UFO crap?

It's a real sign post when the easiest thing to verify is not verified by ANYBODY in power.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th July 2017), Aragorn (8th July 2017), Dreamtimer (8th July 2017), Elen (8th July 2017), sandy (9th July 2017)