Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The 9/11 Truth Movement in 2017 and beyond

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    I missed this thread originally, I see now it was started on my birthday last year, so I guess that is probably why as I wasn't online much that day, but perhaps I just avoided it because it was a 911 topic and the jadedness and frustration over it made my eyes not see. I'd say there was a big chance in that too.

KeepTrying, I do agree. I think there is lots of distraction topics within the Alt community. Plenty to exhaust. I'm not sure of the answer, for some of those distraction topics MAY have a sole unplanned purpose of supplying insight to the way forward in bigger topics such as 911.
    These days I freely will 'mention on the street' the crooked status of the twin towers attack, and follow it with a look of, just TRY an laugh me down, but I won't actually get into it with people, I feel no need or rather bloody minded to just state that it was was it was, without details, there's times that details are apologetics I think.
    And to tell you the truth, I just don't know any more, some of the details I used to know, I have forgotten, or they were bits planted. So with such topics it becomes quite a responsibility to not come across as a whackjob. Like how a religious person might knock on someones door and think they are doing good work to spread their word, they are instead being a bad ambassador for their cause and turning people away. In some ways the most powerful use one can make is to just be counted in the crowd and say something to the effect of - "I believe and know the events of that day were not as the official story states, and that public officials have lied to the world in varying degrees, for varying motives, you will have to go and do your own investigations about it however, as that is the only way for such a sensitive topic to be dealt with, there's plenty of information readily available".

Something like that, although I made a meal of the wording.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dreamtimer (8th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018), WantDisclosure (8th February 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Years ago, at Disney World we went to a restaurant where the waitress was like your Grandma. She made us all promise not to use our 'Googlers' and if we did she'd take them. My nephew couldn't help himself and eventually pulled his out. She was on him like gravy on steak and took it from him. His eyes were big blue saucers. (She did give it back later).

Ever since, I like to occasionally refer to 'Googler' when someone questions something. "You have a 'Googler', you can look it up."

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018), enjoy being (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018), WantDisclosure (8th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Wow Dreamtimer, that is indeed a tricky spread between lilly pads.
    My family listened with concern, partly for me. My father saw and understood, but didn't want to be burdened.
    I think it is different in the USA. I think you lot are far more fervent in the forms of patriotism. I have seen how people in some areas fly the American flag outside their house, and things like that. To me, that is cute, but a hard nut to crack when it comes to such things because it points to a pre-existing for of programming.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dreamtimer (8th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018), WantDisclosure (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    That will work with my husband and if my son happens to be on my side of the country it would work with him.

I have been in a couple of stressful situations with immediate family members and they freak out and they act impulsively and they suck even worse at listening. I was left behind when my father and brother were in an accident. My sister in law drove off with my phone and without me. She caused me to miss my plane home as well as leaving me stranded.

This came up in conversation not too long ago and she doesn't even remember it. She sat there, looking perplexed.

I don't trust her or my bro in a pinch, they're too reactionary. They'll make things worse and yell at me for 'not listening' which translates to not doing what they say, even if that keeps changing moment to moment.

Oh, and after the fact I can't be upset about it because it's not their fault, and they were stressed, and yada yada.

We don't live close so it's most likely I won't be with them when crisis strikes...
    Well, you have a phone, or Skype. But anyway, perhaps it is not your job to save them. Everyone has to learn their own lessons in their own time and karma. They may need another few lifetimes. We are immortal after all, and everyone gets buckets of chances, and then buckets more after that if you don’t get it by then. We may well have a ticket to the ride of lifetimes. Enjoy it.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dreamtimer (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018), enjoy being (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018), WantDisclosure (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I'm glad you brought up the subject of patriotism, Nothing. It's a dangerous thing when it's used in partisan ways. The republican party has been dressing itself up in the flag and patriotism for a long time now. And when that wasn't enough, the Tea Party branch began appropriating patriotism, the Stars and Stripes, the Don't Tread on Me flag, and whatever else they could sweep in to give a grand show of patriotism. And it becomes a kind of litmus test.

It's very dangerous to drag it down into the partisan swamp. And now we have a President who is calling into question the very patriotism of people who don't clap for him at his speech. He jokes about treason. The President of the United States. To downplay it as no big deal is to be very foolish.

All Americans are citizens and patriots, not just them. To try to appropriate morals and patriotism to your political party is dangerous because it ends up eroding the very democracy you claim to love and protect.

I'm not inclined to give people excuses to call me unpatriotic. They can stick their heads where it doesn't shine.

It's one of the most offensive and corrosive things going on: Judging someone's patriotism based on party affiliation.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018), enjoy being (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018), WantDisclosure (8th February 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I'm glad you brought up the subject of patriotism, Nothing. It's a dangerous thing when it's used in partisan ways. The republican party has been dressing itself up in the flag and patriotism for a long time now. And when that wasn't enough, the Tea Party branch began appropriating patriotism, the Stars and Stripes, the Don't Tread on Me flag, and whatever else they could sweep in to give a grand show of patriotism. And it becomes a kind of litmus test.

It's very dangerous to drag it down into the partisan swamp. And now we have a President who is calling into question the very patriotism of people who don't clap for him at his speech. He jokes about treason. The President of the United States. To downplay it as no big deal is to be very foolish.

All Americans are citizens and patriots, not just them. To try to appropriate morals and patriotism to your political party is dangerous because it ends up eroding the very democracy you claim to love and protect.

I'm not inclined to give people excuses to call me unpatriotic. They can stick their heads where it doesn't shine.

It's one of the most offensive and corrosive things going on: Judging someone's patriotism based on party affiliation.
    Amen to that!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), enjoy being (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018), WantDisclosure (8th February 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Found this comic strip which fits in here perfectly...

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), enjoy being (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018), WantDisclosure (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Alex Jones seems to reach a certain segment, and I am by no means a fan of his. Neither do I listen much to Icke. But both seem to have large audiences and every last one of them is important.
    I am a supporter of Alex Jones' work, although I know he is hard to listen to and many people are suspicious of his motivation. He has taught me a lot about staged events and the importance of the 2nd Amendment to protect against a rogue government.

I was saddened by his split with Jeff Rense.

And I'm saddened to hear that he is going through a divorce with a custody battle and apparently he claimed that his show is entertainment in relation to that court case.

I believe his heart is in the right place.

I've read a couple of David Icke's books, and years ago I flew to the west coast for a conference just because I wanted to support his work.

I remember that Alex Jones originally ridiculed David Icke, but when he realized that David was anti-New World Order, he apologized and started featuring him on his show.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018), enjoy being (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    And to tell you the truth, I just don't know any more, some of the details I used to know, I have forgotten . . .
    I can very much relate to that.

I have done so much research, all of this information has inundated me. It all seems like one big blur.

But sometimes I can recall things by looking up my old threads and refreshing my memory that way.

Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    So with such topics it becomes quite a responsibility to not come across as a whackjob.
    I think one thing we can do is to simply show support for the good public spokespeople on Facebook and YouTube and rely on that for making a contribution rather than trying to spread the word to people ourselves.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018), enjoy being (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Well, you have a phone, or Skype. But anyway, perhaps it is not your job to save them. Everyone has to learn their own lessons in their own time and karma. They may need another few lifetimes. We are immortal after all, and everyone gets buckets of chances, and then buckets more after that if you don’t get it by then. We may well have a ticket to the ride of lifetimes. Enjoy it.
    You just reminded me that I have been thinking that when I was in high school, there was the song "This Is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius." I'm now 73 years old and we're still not in it yet, correct?

My point is things take a very long time to come about.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 81,135 Times in 20,318 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KeepTrying View Post
    You just reminded me that I have been thinking that when I was in high school, there was the song "This Is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius." I'm now 73 years old and we're still not in it yet, correct?

My point is things take a very long time to come about.
    Astrologically, we are indeed already in the Age of Aquarius. It supposedly started when the Mayan calendar ended, in 2012.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018), WantDisclosure (8th February 2018), Wind (9th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Astrologically, we are indeed already in the Age of Aquarius. It supposedly started when the Mayan calendar ended, in 2012.
    I'm trying to figure out where I got the idea it hadn't started yet.

Is there controversy over the timeline?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (8th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,135 Times in 20,318 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by KeepTrying View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where I got the idea it hadn't started yet.

Is there controversy over the timeline?
    Well, there are some who say that the exact moment of the end of Pisces and the start of Aquarius was hard to determine, but that it was supposed to happen around the year 2012.

By the way, are you sure you were in high school when that song came out? Because I was born in 1963 and I distinctly remember that it was a hit — often shown on television and heard on the radio all the time — when I was a little boy.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Elen (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018), WantDisclosure (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    By the way, are you sure you were in high school when that song came out? Because I was born in 1963 and I distinctly remember that it was a hit — often shown on television and heard on the radio all the time — when I was a little boy.
    I graduated from high school in the class of 63.

By 1969 I was already graduated from college, so it wasn't college days.

But it really feels like high school when I think of that song.

It must have been my mentality. LOL.

I remember it was associated with the musical Hair.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Yeah, it came out in the Winter/Spring of '69 as I distinctly remember the fraternity house I was in when I first heard it on the radio, and I was there for only 3 months of '69: Apr, May, June '69. The chapter then moved to another house in the Summer.
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 8th February 2018 at 21:14.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th February 2018), Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Kathy (8th February 2018), WantDisclosure (8th February 2018)