Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travel Joy

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Haha, Oh no! it was quite long and indulgent and took a while to type, so I will have to retrace my steps. I have told bits of the background of the tale before..

I'm off on my own journey tomorrow, going down to Taranaki, see family and a bunch of friends. Some of them I haven't seen for a while and there will be a few sad and happy tales to share. A work mate is currently doing a walkabout in the South Island and plans to return via Taranaki. He has never been there. He has Moriori Chatam Is ancestory, tied into Waitaha, and I have links into pre-maori Taranaki, the Te Kahui Maunga though, I don't look like a Maori, (funny I a few times have had people say I look like a certain Egyptian statue), rather than a maori. I will be taking him to see a few things and are going to blow his mind. He is very switched on in these ways as well.
    Back a while when we were working it was sort of discussed, the Taranaki thing, and since, recently I have been thinking about Koru Pa again. I feel it might be time to return there again.
    A certain amount of focus and preparation is needed for that, they don't like too many people visiting for no reason or with too much curiosity. And although it can be an inviting experience, it can quickly turn into a case where you are chased out.
    The first time I went there was 25 years ago.
    I had been there 2 times before though. Once in a dream as a young child. I was in the car waiting and got bored and got out and went exploring and found something I shouldn't have. I think it was a pounamu tip for a staff. Something like the staff the sun hits in Raiders of the Lost Ark (giggles). I was woken from fright because as soon as I found this object wrapped in a small flax bag, I was chased by warriors. I have found out that I died there a several hundred years ago, as a kid who found something I shouldn't have and the mana had to be taken back from me.
    So the first time I actually went there, I only realised where I was going once I arrived there and remembered the dream I had had. Oddly the dream had a Sawmill on a corner of the road, which I was told used to be there, but had been pulled down in the 60's. I was born in 1974..
    I went into the site by myself, and all was well, the whole pa is covered in trees, and a good section of it lets light through in nice ways.
    Everything was fine until I found a walk in cave opening in the bank and had curious thoughts. As soon as this happened the place just changed in an instant and I was told I had better leave now. I got pushed by something and stumbled a bit as I was leaving, and ended up sprinting out.
    I have been there 4 times since. One time I just went to the gateway and spoke to them. The other times I went with someone, when it seemed that was what was required. Well, the first of those was a wrong call. Nothing really happened, the whole time it was a cold reception, I went with a guy who later said he had just been curious and he hadn't believed me about the place. He was actually very frightened the whole time he later admitted, and it wasn't much fun. It was about 17 years ago and I was naive about it. I hadn't found out what I know of the place and my past at that stage.
    The nest time was with a woman who was someone sensitive to spirits, it was a nice place again, the birds and the sun going through the canopy making it womb like. I had told her the tales of its associations it seemed to have with me and of the cave. Eventually we got near it and I said there it is. We were about 4m away from it and sort of either side of it leaning into the center to peer in. We both suddenly looked at each other in shock, we had both heard this growly moaning noise come from out of the cave, a bit like some of those sasquatch vocalisations people were uploading a while back. (it freaked me out hearing them on here because of that). We needless to say, quickly left.
    The next time I went, was when I went to the gate, I had found out the history I had with it. That was going to be the last time.
    But I went again probably 8 years ago. With another female friend who also was sensitive. It was her instruction to take gifts. The place was so serene and calm and relaxing, the entrance to the cave had fallen in! I had some natural sculptures which I tied into the trees. It was drama free.
    The place is one of the oldest pas in the country, that they will admit to, in that they date it to the minimum they can in sticking with the official story.
    To the side of the bush covered pa mound is a flat lobe of grass (right hand side on the map link) note the amphitheatre crescent bank on the other side of the river. This is where there is a ruined stone circle, you can make out the rocks there. https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/...!4d174.4382721 (I dont know how to make links reduced into a word like you pro's)
    These have been researched and enough evidence to point to them definitely being once an astrological stone circle.. apart from no official surveyors will confirm it. http://www.celticnz.co.nz/KoruPA/Koru%20PA.htm
    The site went across the other side of the pa mound as well. Back in the day it was a star school and had a citadel that made it an important place for the whole region. On the higher plateau of the pa mound, which is what the cave led under, is a strange square hole with stones around it... on the right in the photo.

The one on the left is where there used to be a standing stone 'pole' at the opposite end of the plateau.
    The celticnz link has lots of maps and photos that explain this.
    The site is at the base of the oldest of the ranges and nearby is an old track that leads up into the hills, where there is another ancient pa site I have never been to. That range is quite spooky really. We once got lost up there for 4 or 5 hours when we only went 50m into the bush.
    Anyway, there seems to be a reason to be thinking about Koru Pa again in conjunction with this work mate arriving, I will have to see what it all means. I have about 50 pieces of natural pounamu that I am thinking I may start placing, and this could be part of it as well.
    I guess all will become clear when I see him, I am thinking I will know by that.

This version of the story has new bits added and other bits I didn't get to from the one I wrote earlier!

oops and it ended up twice as long!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2017), Aragorn (16th July 2017), Dreamtimer (16th July 2017), Elen (16th July 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (17th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Exlent, look forward to your next encounter, tunnels galore i feel, two long ones covered up way long back and worm hole like i sense.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th July 2017), Dreamtimer (21st July 2017), Elen (17th July 2017), enjoy being (17th July 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (17th July 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Makes me think of Turuturu Mokai, a Pa of about the same age (sister pa) on the inland side of the mountain, about 30kms away as the crow flies.. There were reports of it having tunnels under the river between forts. It was a much bigger site. Went through many ages, much much more a war pa. I had been thinking of taking him there, I only have been there once properly.

I'm in Taranaki now, just had a birthday dinner for my niece. :-) Sweet 16.

Oh a google image search shows some of the models a nearby private museum has.
    https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=tu...4VYWkQteqFwUM:
    Some showing some of the tunnels they had within the pa.

Actually thanks I see there has been a clean up of the site since I went there.
    Horrific to see that they found the place was used as a rubbish dump for the local hospital in the 60's
    Last edited by enjoy being, 17th July 2017 at 13:15.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th July 2017), Aragorn (17th July 2017), Dreamtimer (17th July 2017), Elen (17th July 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (17th July 2017)

Thanks
    Nice, once spoke with an Waitaha elder about a local chch tunnel and cave home which was used during ww2 by government, dynamited at wars finish, being quake prone we have likely lost much of the ancient underground places used but way way back ones were and still solid I feel, especially the ones used when living underground was needed for a longish period of time. One day it will all come out. Keep us up to date on your journey, if able please.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th July 2017), Dreamtimer (20th July 2017), Elen (17th July 2017), enjoy being (17th July 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (17th July 2017)

Thanks
    First quiet day that i can do nothing and catch up on tots and brews, skype a tired wizard, look around the enternet etc and catch some rays, nice nice.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th July 2017), Dreamtimer (20th July 2017), Elen (18th July 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (9th August 2017)

Thanks
    Things have progressed to a nice quietish holiday, boating, picnics, strolls, soccer, etc etc, mostly drama free also, nice but

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th July 2017), Dreamtimer (20th July 2017), Elen (21st July 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (9th August 2017)

Thanks
    Meanwhile back home, storms and flooding and just now state of emergency http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/nation...cid=spartanntp

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st July 2017), Dreamtimer (21st July 2017), Elen (21st July 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (9th August 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Hope your home and family are OK, Aianawa.

"tots and brews', sounds like a happy hour special.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th July 2017), Aragorn (21st July 2017), Elen (21st July 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (9th August 2017)

Thanks
    Aha, have three days in Salzburg before returning to NZ, tis a visit to have, to explore http://www.legendsandchronicles.com/...salzburg-cube/ , still getting prep work in order and next few meditations will bring to light whatever this museum visit entails. Nice forts etc also, getting excited again lol

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th July 2017), Dreamtimer (25th July 2017), Elen (26th July 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (9th August 2017)

Thanks
    Much credit to Elen's thread atlantis survivors, as when in Salzburg one can see the differing levels of the castle building and also that a hill close by ( old name imberg meaning within mountain ) was far ancienter and of far more interest.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th August 2017), Dreamtimer (5th August 2017), Elen (5th August 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (9th August 2017), sandy (5th August 2017)

Thanks

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th August 2017), Dreamtimer (17th May 2018), Elen (9th August 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (9th August 2017)

Thanks

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th August 2017), Dreamtimer (9th August 2017), Elen (9th August 2017), Gio (9th August 2017), modwiz (17th May 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Great find Vern. Found this text with the first video, so it may give a little more explanations to the phenomena...

Kambo is the name given to the traditional Shamanic frog poison cleanse that is used to strengthen and heal mind, body and spirit. The scientific name for this frog is Phyllomedusa bicolor or “Giant Monkey Frog”. This frog lives in the Northwestern part of the Amazon Rainforest, namely Colombia and on the border between Brazil and Peru and is used by indigenous tribes there to gain strength, immunity and hunting magic. This cute frog secretes a poisonous waxy poison from its skin, the potency of which repels all predators.

The poison from the Giant Monkey Frog is applied to the skin after small burns are made with the tip of a glowing stick. Once applied, Kambo stimulates a strong physical purge while toxins and ‘bad luck’ or ‘panema’ are eliminated from body and spirit.

Kambo is traditionally used by the Native people as ‘vaccine’ to ward off illness, bad luck, to give hunting strength and even to increase attractiveness! Kambo is a very exciting traditional shamanic healing modality and many people have reported immense physical and psychological benefit from its application. Italian scientist and Nobel Prize nominee, Vittorio Erspamer, described the poison from the Phyllomedusa bicolor frog as ‘a fantastic chemical cocktail with potential medical applications, unequaled by any other amphibian. Benefits of Kambo

Scientific studies show that Phyllomedusa bicolor poison is made up of many peptides that are beneficial to the human body. Some of these peptides traverse the blood-brain barrier and stimulate the endocrine glands of the brain, resulting in an immune effect and a deep cleanse of the body. Kambo has antibiotic properties and strengthens the immune system while physically destroying pathogenic microorganisms. Kambo is traditionally known to be anti inflammatory, to heal eyesight, and to cure pain. Sapo peptides and their effects are reported cover a wide range of potential medical uses: treatment of brain diseases such as Alzheimer and Parkinson, depression, migraines, blood circulation problems, vascular insufficiency, organ diseases, cancer, fertility problems in women, AIDS, hepatitis and more. 2
    Pain Killing Peptides 4000 Times Stronger than Morphine

Scientific research has identified the peptides dermorphin and deltorphin in kambo as potent opioid peptides. Opioids are pain killers and opioid peptides bind to receptors on human cells which trigger a pain masking response. Dermorphin and deltorphin are amazingly 4000 times stronger than morphine and 40 times stronger than b-endorphins which is the body’s natural pain killer. ³
    When to use Kambo

“The amazonian tribes believe that we as living humans are constantly surrounded by a dense cloud that prevents us from seeing clearly. This cloud is called “panema” by the Katukina people. ‘Panema’ could be translated with an expression such as ‘negative energy’, bad luck’, depression’ or ‘laziness’. By receiving Kambo treatments on a regular basis we have the chance to get rid of this greyish cloud of negative energy, to live a healthy life and to fulfil our physical potentialities.” – Master Kambo Practitioner, Giovanni Lattanzi

As well as this energetic clearing effect, Kambo has potent physical benefits as well. Kambo is traditionally used to gain strength, maintain or regain health, and to provide immunity. The poison is applied often times before hunting parties depart in order to increase strength, improve vision and lend the hunters a ‘magical’ ability to locate prey. Kambo is also traditionally used to cleanse the body of just about any illness including Rainforest specials like malaria and spider bite. Cleansing Kambo has a detoxifying effect on the internal organs, including the liver (usually one vomits up bile) and the intestines (through evacuations) as well as the entire digestive system. The Katakana natives also use Kambo as the antidote for snake bite, as a medicine for many illness, and as an overall health tonic. There are many accounts of people using kambo and bouncing back from fatigue, expression, addiction, bad luck, sicknesses, and age related symptoms.
    History of Kambo

There is a Kaxinawá legend that tells that the Indians of the village were very ill and the Shaman, Kampu, had done everything that was possible to cure them. All medicinal herbs known were used, but none helped his people’s agony. Kampu then entered the forest and, under the effect of Ayahuasca, received the visit of the Great God.
    Last edited by Elen, 9th August 2017 at 06:32.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th August 2017), Aragorn (9th August 2017), Dreamtimer (17th May 2018), modwiz (17th May 2018)

Thanks
    Feel the frog energy of late, wondering

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2018), Dreamtimer (17th May 2018), Elen (17th May 2018), modwiz (17th May 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The tree frogs are emerging here, it's that time of year. They're not poisonous frogs.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2018), Aragorn (18th May 2018), Elen (17th May 2018), modwiz (17th May 2018)