Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Unprotected Grid

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts

Our Unprotected Grid

My understanding is that due to regular cycles the sun goes through, we can expect on planet earth to be hit by a CME (coronal mass ejection) at some point in the future. There is also the danger of a nation striking an enemy with an EMP (electromagnetic pulse.)

Apparently, a bill called the SHIELD (Secure High-Voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage) Act was introduced in the United States Congress years ago, but not passed, and is still sitting in committees.

Also, there is a Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC), which has the technology to warn 900 coops in North America twelve hours before a CME strikes, but not one of these coops is signed up to take advantage of the alert system.

In a recent Kerry Cassidy interview of space technology expert David Adair, he begins talking about this particular topic, in an interview about other topics also, at 44:06. He said that he is going to be on Coast to Coast AM soon and will be giving out addresses of the committee chairpersons so that citizens can write letters in support of the bill:

Streamed live on Jun 14, 2017

In this interview David talks about . . . the danger that CMEs and EMPs are to the unprotected grid and what we can do about it. . . .

David Adair is an internationally recognized expert in space technology spinoff applications for industry and commercial use. At age 11 he built his first of hundreds of rockets which he designed and test flew. At 17 he won "The Most Outstanding in the Field of Engineering Sciences" from the US Air Force. At 19 he designed and fabricated a state-of-the-art mechanical system for changing jet turbine engines for the US Navy that set world record turnaround times that still stand today.

KERRY CASSIDY
    PROJECT CAMELOT
    http://projectcamelotportal.com

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR9ej1_qV1E

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Gio (23rd June 2017), heyokah (20th June 2017), modwiz (19th June 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    An alternate point of view....found at https://jimstonerss.wordpress.com/tag/emp/

Taken from the article:

"The EMP hoax was never real, but it worked well to scare the public into believing there really could be a day of doom where everything went black, which is just what the “Elite” would want during a final power grab and enslavement of the people."

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th June 2017), Gio (23rd June 2017), modwiz (20th June 2017), WantDisclosure (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Melidae View Post
    An alternate point of view....found at https://jimstonerss.wordpress.com/tag/emp/

Taken from the article:

"The EMP hoax was never real, but it worked well to scare the public into believing there really could be a day of doom where everything went black, which is just what the “Elite” would want during a final power grab and enslavement of the people."

Now, that is a worthwhile read. Although it seemed feasable to me, fear was never experienced. Something intuitive, or otherwise, told me to not be concerned. Thank you, Mel, you might have brought comfort to many.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th June 2017), Gio (23rd June 2017), Melidae (20th June 2017), TargeT (20th June 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Now, that is a worthwhile read. Although it seemed feasable to me, fear was never experienced. Something intuitive, or otherwise, told me to not be concerned. Thank you, Mel, you might have brought comfort to many.
    Our beliefs are so much stronger than anyone thinks... The 'elite' only need us to believe their propaganda in order to press forward with their plans. Nothing like a good dose of fear to paralyze people.

I do what I can.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (20th June 2017), Gio (23rd June 2017), modwiz (20th June 2017), TargeT (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Great read and find, Mel.

OK, our fun thread on BR vs CG sorta got me into a frame of mind to review every Camelot video and interviews they have been "promoting." In the military, they had the fear of God put into them on EMP to where they have Faraday cages built literally everywhere, mostly for communications damping but also Nuke strike EMP protection. I was even planning on building a "shielded" area in the new house (I may still to keep bad guy listening attenuated).

I've been using the guide of: whatever "they" (MSM, etc) promote, look into it to see why. Usually the opposite is the case. Thinking we extend this to Camelot videos, going back how far? All?

Also, the Carrington Event has to be reviewed in this light:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859

It could well be another case of wiki-propaganda
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 20th June 2017 at 03:17. Reason: spellos & logic

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Gio (23rd June 2017), Melidae (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    You and TargeT both have the same approach to the media, Dumpy.

Remember when Romney was talking so much about the dangers of EMPs? He was also talking about he dangers of Russia. People laughed about that at the time.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Gio (23rd June 2017), TargeT (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    It could well be another case of wiki-propaganda
    Well it could be, but it isn't! Like most Wikipedia entries it pulls material together from various sources to (usually) get all the facts in one place.

The Carrington event for example was a well-documented incident and is familiar to well-informed communications engineers. The effects were very real, though not understood by the telegraph operators at the time.

Many similar but much smaller events happen during most solar cycles. The power grid companies are aware of the effects and have plans in place to try to reduce the failures of the distribution network. This is one of the reasons why studying the sun and space weather is so important to us now. The problem is we have no idea how often the earth gets directly hit by one of these massive CMEs. The best guestimation I heard was approximately every 400 years - but I have no idea how that figure was obtained.

Regarding EMPs destroying modern electronics, that's an interesting article. But some matters of note:

In the 1980s Racal communications had TEMPEST shielding on much of their military telecoms equipment. This has a number of purposes, but one of them is to protect against EMP. This was an expensive feature, and not likely to be developed for no good reason.

The Jim Stone article mentions EMP frequencies, but the effect is the massively steep electromagnetic wave front (the pulse) and energy it contains almost regardless of frequency. But it doesn't matter if it was only a very small band of frequencies. It the electromagnetic field is strong enough, it's the voltage induced in conducting surfaces of the electronics that does the damage.

What Stone also neglects to mention is that while an unconnected item of electronics may escape damage, in practice our whole society runs from the mains - which is in effect hundreds or thousands of miles of unscreened antenna criss-crossing the land. A weapon designed to put most its energy into the EMP would induce voltage spikes in these grid wires that would do untold damage - as anyone served by overhead wires will confirm when they get their router/modem/PC damaged by a nearby lightning strike!

Babs

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Barbarella For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Gio (23rd June 2017), Melidae (20th June 2017), WantDisclosure (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Barbarella View Post
    A weapon designed to put most its energy into the EMP would induce voltage spikes in these grid wires that would do untold damage - as anyone served by overhead wires will confirm when they get their router/modem/PC damaged by a nearby lightning strike!
    I've had some experience with that in September 2000, and the power wasn't even served to my apartment by overhead wires.

Lightning struck in a tree in the garden of the house next to the apartment building where I was living at the time. It split the tree right in half. My cable modem, my computer and my monitor were all fried. Five minutes later and I would have had everything safely unplugged, but I was unfortunately in the bathroom at the exact moment it struck, and my computer was still powered up at that point.

The machine and the monitor were both only six weeks old, and it was a quite expensive and custom-ordered workstation.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Barbarella (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Gio (23rd June 2017), Melidae (20th June 2017), WantDisclosure (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts

Taken from the article:

I am neutral on that statement.

I had forgotten who Jim Stone is, so I searched Camelot interviews. Just for the record, here is what came up:

Published on Apr 4, 2012

This is a live Project Camelot Roundtable discussion with Jim Stone ex-NSA technical analyst who has done a substantial amount of investigation on the Fukushima disaster.

This Livestream was a follow-up to my original interview on my weekly show on American Freedom Radio March 28th. We discussed some additional details with regard to the Fukushima disaster along with photos of reactors 3 & 4 and the fascinating fact that reactor 4 was apparently shut down when it exploded.

http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/fuku...

As a result of his in-depth report getting the truth out about the sabotage behind Fukushima Jim Stone is now on the run and seeking asylum from the U.S. in Mexico. His report reveals the real events behind Fukushima and the possible connection with recent nuclear power plant problems at San Onofre in Southern California and in the Midwest, Chicago area..

What was stunningly revealed is how Israel has the ability, to trigger a nuclear event in any power plant or other industrial facility including oil refineries using the Stuxnet virus now transferable via email, according to Stone. The implications of this for Israel running the world and getting what they want are far reaching. They don't need a suitcase nuke or a bomb...

He also gives his take on 2012 and fills us in on various standard surveillance techniques used by the NSA and in effect since the fifties.

Note: Due to Jim's location and the targeted interference during this discussion you will find the connection fails during the times when we are discussing the most sensitive topics and is fine otherwise.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTPslY8ATZk

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Melidae (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanks Babs.

Eric Dollard, an electric universe guy among other things, talks about how the grid is very vulnerable. He goes into specifics which are technical and I don't recall. It was in a video posted here. I'm not sure where, I'll see if I can find it.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Gio (23rd June 2017), Melidae (20th June 2017), TargeT (20th June 2017), WantDisclosure (20th June 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    You could put what I personally know about emp's and electricity and the grid into a thimble, so I'm really enjoying the conversation.

I do have a question. I keep reading here about the 'electric universe', which is not a new theory. What is a newer theory I've been hearing about is that the sun has gone plasma since it became a white sun. Does anyone know anything about this? I'd like to know more...or should I say I'd like to understand the difference. Or is it all bunk?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), WantDisclosure (20th June 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Thanks Babs.

Eric Dollard, an electric universe guy among other things, talks about how the grid is very vulnerable. He goes into specifics which are technical and I don't recall. It was in a video posted here. I'm not sure where, I'll see if I can find it.
    Just look at the physical structure of a transformer, if you load the wire with a high charge it will hit the transformer that is not built for that voltage/amperage & cause high resistance (heat).. we have transformers explode down here all the time (I attribute it to poor maintenance, inconsistent power production and a tropical environment that deteriorates everything more rapidly) This is definitely something that is possible, we know that from the carrington event.

I've never seen an EMP weapon, but I'm sure this isn't a "hoax" concept.

Look what you can do with just a 9volt battery and some copper wire:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAV8_D71M0o

a newer theory I've been hearing about is that the sun has gone plasma since it became a white sun. Does anyone know anything about this? I'd like to know more...or should I say I'd like to understand the difference. Or is it all bunk?
    I have heard a couple of things, but not read anything directly...

Here's what makes me think it's bunk:

The sun has always been a ball of plasma (or at least, the outer layer is plasma), and it's currently going into a "solar minimum" (less activity, less CME's, less sun spots, less "solar wind" which is a pretty good indicator that we are headed into a cooling period). This is directly observable and reported on daily ( lots of sunspot trackers out there two day there's two sun spots...).

If you follow the electric universe theory then the sun is either an anode or cathode, depending on which theorist your reading (haha).

the "white sun" stuff seems to be sayinig that the sun is getting hotter, I keep hearing people saying they get sun burnt quicker, and that proves the sun is "getting hotter" and it looks "white" now to them.. I think this has an "electric universe" explanation and it has less to do with the sun and more to do with the sun's influence on earth and earths magnetosphere, a weakened sun is putting less energy into the earth via solar winds, could this be weakening our magnetic field as well? we know that less solar wind allows more cosmic radiation to strike the atmosphere which in turn causes cloud formation, and cooler temps etc etc... I think we are in for a few years of very interesting weather due to a strong solar minimum cycle, not getting a hotter sun.
    Last edited by TargeT, 20th June 2017 at 13:16.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Melidae (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    The sun always has changed through its evolution, but I doubt it's changed much on a human scale - any solar physicists able to confirm that?

The approx 11 year solar cycle certainly is on a human scale, but if no one told you about it you'd not notice. It wasn't until 1755 that anyone even noticed the sun had cycles!

Professional and amateur solar physicists would have notice any colour (and therefore temperature) changes that happened over the past 100 years or so. The sun's light spectrum is extremely well analysed, researched, documented and has been for at least 150 years, so I think we can probably rule out any changes, or at least those so significant people claim to be able to see with the naked eye!

Babs

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Barbarella For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Elen (20th June 2017), Melidae (20th June 2017), TargeT (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    The atmosphere certainly affects the color, or at least the perception of it. What are the atmospheric influences at hand? There would be different ones for different layers.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Elen (20th June 2017), Melidae (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    The atmosphere certainly affects the color, or at least the perception of it. What are the atmospheric influences at hand? There would be different ones for different layers.
    Altitude, latitude, pollution, water vapour, time of day, cloud cover, season...

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Barbarella For This Useful Post: