Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Our Unprotected Grid

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    T, are you familiar with the Saturn Death Cult stuff?

The literal and physical journey the planet Saturn has taken from being a brown dwarf star and Earth’s original sun to its subsequent banishment to the outer reaches of our current solar system is the story of the known Ages of Man according to the mythological, esoteric and occult traditions

Hmm, does not seem plausible with what I currently comprehend of astrophysics.

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Nice, your doing xlent research TargetT, imo sea levels will continue to rise exponentially due to weather changes and Sun changes, silly enough will get on the whole colder also.
    I rather doubt sea levels will rise, if it is a mini-ice age (0r true ice age, which is a funny term, geologically speaking we are in an "ice age" now as the polar ice caps never melt) sea levels would most likely drop, as glaciers and other land-based ice masses grow.

I still go with this tactic: everything you hear on TV; the opposite is probably true. So when I hear that "the sea levels are rising" I look for the opposite, I find many submerged structures just off the coast in areas all over the world... does this indicate a sea level rise from many years ago, are we already at the "risen" sea levels that we are afraid of? We know that all of Canada and some of the US was covered in what is estimated to be a mile thick sheet of ice which had to have affected the sea levels as Eurasia was in a similar state.

I think the "sea levels rising" meme is a red herring.
    Last edited by TargeT, 24th June 2017 at 12:25.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th June 2017), Dreamtimer (24th June 2017), modwiz (24th June 2017), sandy (25th June 2017), The One (24th June 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    There's sea levels and also land rising. As glaciers receded, land literally rose from under all the weight.

Based on the long-term graphs of glacial cycles we're in for a little bit more warming which will cause more melting and more land rising and then we're gonna go into an ice age.

As far as those of us alive now, it seems obvious to me that what we're in for is what we're already getting. More extreme weather of all sorts.

Recent millennia have been a calm period, climatically.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th June 2017), modwiz (24th June 2017), sandy (25th June 2017), TargeT (24th June 2017), The One (24th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts
    What i dont get is this.In the UK they have these huge computers that so called predicted the weather and climate years in the future and the scientist base their reports on that.

We have been told that record number of ice bergs are melting but at the same time there is a record more being created.

Can we rely on computer models to predict future climate change mmmmmmmm.
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th June 2017), Dreamtimer (25th June 2017), modwiz (24th June 2017), sandy (25th June 2017), TargeT (24th June 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by The One View Post
    I'll listen to them when they get the weather right 2 days in advance... haha

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th June 2017), Dreamtimer (25th June 2017), modwiz (24th June 2017), sandy (25th June 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by The One View Post
    What i dont get is this.In the UK they have these huge computers that so called predicted the weather and climate years in the future and the scientist base their reports on that.

We have been told that record number of ice bergs are melting but at the same time there is a record more being created.

As a computer guy who has built extensive models for both the gooberment (military) and personal (sports forecasting) and doing fairly extensive data collection and weather forecasting I can tell you that anybody who says they can forecast years into the future has fallen in love with their modeling and lost sight of the limitations.

Read "The Signal and the Noise" by Nate Silver:

https://www.amazon.com/Signal-Noise-.../dp/B009HL6444

To get a clear eyed view on modeling.

Silver is probably one of the best political forecasters and has done extensive sports modeling as well.

Circling back to weather, the data set is extremely large, and has extensive missing data sets as yet uncollected.

So I'd put NO credence into any weather modeling for forecasting beyond a few days for short-run spot forecasting, or a few months for long range, large area forecasting. And then realize that the probabilities of being correct diminish rapidly the further out one forecasts.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2017), modwiz (24th June 2017), sandy (25th June 2017), TargeT (24th June 2017)