Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Only 144'000?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Ohh I remember now. We sort of talked about this already Aragorn.
    What-is-consciousness
    I linked the post with a summation of the various definitions..

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th June 2017), Aianawa (8th June 2017), Aragorn (8th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,468 Times in 10,173 Posts
    Interesting developing thread, another question one could add to the what if's and maybe's is what when you have an evil human produced to you, comes upon your path, excitement for meeting this whole soul aspect of your/oneself ?, escape to not be contaminated ?, just be ?, sure there is options, of the fear simply in contemplation is there for me, what could I lose etc

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

1inMany (8th June 2017), Aragorn (8th June 2017), Catsquotl (8th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,099 Times in 20,304 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Perhaps I worded it badly, but what I meant to imply was that the concept of Self and Other are both illusions. Together, they make for one of the primal Yin/Yang polarities that were created by Source in order to create order (i.e. knowing) out of chaos (i.e. not knowing). The existence of The Self stems from the creation of subjectivity.

Before Self (and Other), there was only objectivity, but objectivity does not provide meaning — and thus, "order out of chaos" — to a singular awareness with infinite potential. That is why all polarities were created, and all of the fragments of Self to breathe life into them. It is equivalent to the collapse of the wave function in quantum physics, i.e. the creation of a defined state out of an undefined superstate.

Consciousness without thought is merely awareness. Consciousness with thought leads to questions, the primary purpose of which is to understand, and thus to create order out of chaos.

As an example, whenever you notice something happening in your peripheral vision, as insignificant an event as it may turn out to be, your natural reaction is to look, even if only so as to identify what has entered your visual awareness. By looking at it, the chaos begets form and becomes order — or at least, only of the primary kind of course, because that which you've identified may (or may not) trigger newer questions which (may) need an answer.
    Aha..

To me there is no self and no other.
    Consciousness arises by it's own volition based on the causes at hand.
    The questioning for instance that emerges after picking up something in my periphery is caused by the fact that this body has an eye.
    So the consciousness that emerges is co-depended on the eye. Without the eye there would not be that particular manifestation of events and thus no conscious awareness of it..
    I do not disagree with your definition, Eelco. The way I see it, we're simply approaching the same thing from a different vantage.

The vantage you are tapping into is focused on the mechanism and the building blocks of consciousness — you start off with pure awareness and then you go from there onto consciousness, which is awareness with thought. My vantage on the other hand is the perspective of what in industrial terms is called "finite elements", i.e. individual beings, and how they relate to consciousness as a whole.

Both vantages are valid, because they each highlight — read: "zoom in on" — separate aspects of the structure of consciousness.

Ohh I remember now. We sort of talked about this already Aragorn.
    What-is-consciousness
    I linked the post with a summation of the various definitions..
    Indeed, we have been talking about this before. Wow, 17 April 2015... Now there's a blast from the past. I wasn't even a staff member yet at that point in time — I was only first recruited as a purple moderator exactly one day later, on 18 April 2015.

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Interesting developing thread, another question one could add to the what if's and maybe's is what when you have an evil human produced to you, comes upon your path, excitement for meeting this whole soul aspect of your/oneself ?, escape to not be contaminated ?, just be ?, sure there is options, of the fear simply in contemplation is there for me, what could I lose etc
    Well, I guess it depends on what you consider contamination, or how exactly you see the mechanism of this contamination.

Yes, an evil person can contaminate you if they can convince you that their views are more applicable and/or valid than yours, and they will generally do this by applying some kind of twisted logic. An example of this would be the well-known twisted variant of the Hegelian dialectic known as "problem, reaction, solution", which the rulers of this planet so gratefully utilize to keep us all under their thumbs.

Nobody in society likes draconian measures, and as such, The Powers That Be™ know that they cannot push any such measures onto the population by force. It would lead to nothing short of a revolt. However, when there is suddenly a perceived threat — whether it's terrorism, anthropogenic climate change, a nuclear holocaust, a lack of sufficient resources to sustain the growing global population, or even an alien invasion — people not only start approving of draconian measures, but they even start demanding them from the authorities.

"Those willing to sacrifice liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security."

(Benjamin Franklin)

Fear is an ill adviser, because it locks one into survival mode — the "fight or flight" reflex — and therefore focuses one's consciousness on self-preservation and competition, as opposed to service-to-all. And service-to-all is the resolution of the true Hegelian dialectic, i.e. "Out of thesis and antithesis follows synthesis."

In situations like that, you have to listen to your heart, because the heart knows the truth. The heart knows what's right and what's wrong. And I guess this is why we are all here, at The One Truth, and other venues such as this one. The heart created the cognitive dissonance between what it tells us and what the world around us is saying, and that's why we've all woken up — or at least, to this dissonance.

Other than that, I don't think that any contamination would be possible, because even though we all exist within the consciousness field that spans the entire omniverse — or otherwise put: we are all merely dreams in the mind of the Creator — we have individual souls, and the corruption of one soul cannot wash over into another soul. If it could, then it would negate the purpose of Creation, because then there would no longer be any subjectivity — read: "diversity" — after a while.

The fragmentation of consciousness across distinct entities with individual souls forms a boundary layer to prevent that from happening. But of course, that's a knife which cuts both ways, because it also prevents Good from eradicating Evil. From the vantage of the Creator, either scenario would be undesirable, because it would once again lead to chaos — read: "the absence of polarities would cause the information in the mind of the Creator to lose its significance."

Of course, there is also such a thing as demonic possession, as well as the concept of a telepathic inception by a demonic entity. Both of these can plant seeds of disinformation into your mind, and guide you onto a path of false logic or confusion of priorities on account of the balance between service-to-self and service-to-other.

But then, if the soul is pure and the mind is sane — i.e. there is no psychosis and there are no other cognitive impairments — then the heart will speak and instigate the cognitive dissonance which you need for seeing things for what they really are. This in itself is the correct interpretation of the true Hegelian dialectic, i.e. "Out of thesis and antithesis follows synthesis", as I wrote higher up already.

Immature souls may of course have difficulty with getting their priorities straight because they may not have formed an ethical opinion yet, or they may lack the level of consciousness needed for forming such an opinion in the first place, and as such, their vision may be clouded. And this then opens them up to corruption. But just as the pieces on a chessboard are merely the tools of the chess players, these corrupted souls themselves are not the corruptors; they are merely the tools.

As I see it, truly evil beings are perverted "by design", because they are merely a catalyst. Quite possibly, they may even have been an unintended side-effect of Creation itself, as metaphorically described in gnosticism. In gnosticism, the Archons came to be as an unintended side-effect of Sophia's decision to leave the realm of the gods without her mate, and as such, the Archons became one of the primary polarities in Creation — i.e. the negative one.

Either way, the bottom line is that the concepts of Good and Evil cannot exist — read: "have meaning to the Creator" — if either one of those polarities were to disappear. They are two sides of the same coin. It's all part of the process of creating order out of chaos, with chaos itself being the undesirable polarity — read: "evil", albeit that at the Creator's level of consciousness, the words "good" and "evil" are merely quantifiers and don't have the same significance as they do to us, down here within Creation. When it comes to that level of consciousness, these two polarities are therefore more appropriately expressed as Yin and Yang, with Yang being the thesis and Yin being the antithesis.

Am I still making sense to anybody?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2017), Catsquotl (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017), Paloma (8th June 2017), PurpleLama (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    another question one could add to the what if's and maybe's is what when you have an evil human produced to you, comes upon your path, excitement for meeting this whole soul aspect of your/oneself ?, escape to not be contaminated ?, just be ?, sure there is options, of the fear simply in contemplation is there for me, what could I lose etc
    Unsure what you think are the what if's and maybe's.
    I am lucky enough to never ever have met an evil human before. I heard the stories but not met them. Or missed their evilness at the time.
    When I was a nurse in training in the hospital an old neighbor was brought in suffering a cardio vascular accident. half his body was paralyzed.
    I had learned only weeks before that the man had abused his daughter for years, She was a childhood friend and we didn't know back then.

Some say that man would qualify as evil. I didn't see it then. He was a man suffering from paralysis and needed my professional help. I washed and bathed him. Helped him to eat and to drink. Wiped his face clean after wards. So there's that.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    I am lucky enough to never ever have met an evil human before. I heard the stories but not met them. Or missed their evilness at the time.
    When I was a nurse in training in the hospital an old neighbor was brought in suffering a cardio vascular accident. half his body was paralyzed.
    I had learned only weeks before that the man had abused his daughter for years, She was a childhood friend and we didn't know back then.

Some say that man would qualify as evil. I didn't see it then. He was a man suffering from paralysis and needed my professional help. I washed and bathed him. Helped him to eat and to drink. Wiped his face clean after wards. So there's that.

With Love
    Eelco
    I think that as we live on, our perception of good and evil matures with us. What triggers you at one instance can look totally different the next. Some people are just misguided and helpless. Just like your patient which you were blessed not having to judge at the time. Well done!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    ...order (i.e. knowing) out of chaos (i.e. not knowing)..
    That was a kind of epiphany for me. Entropy happens. Order keeps happening. Because of the desire to know. Everyone wants to know. We're all curious. Right, TargeT?(ref TOT-cast XIV)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    There's a book by Guy Gavriel Kay called A Song for Arbonne. It's a stunning fantasy, beautifully written. And you're so sure you know who and what the evil is. It's so obvious. Until it isn't. Once the big picture is seen, the ideas of good and evil have transformed before your very eyes.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    There's a book by Guy Gavriel Kay called A Song for Arbonne. It's a stunning fantasy, beautifully written. And you're so sure you know who and what the evil is. It's so obvious. Until it isn't. Once the big picture is seen, the ideas of good and evil have transformed before your very eyes.
    My word...that's it, Dreamtimer. All we have to do is NOT SEEK IT OUT, like Satanism for example.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 145 Posts
    To me the bottom line is the law of attraction.
    Where focus goes, energy flows.

Seeking evil, because of a fascination with it, can affect a life rather badly.
    Looking at it, with the sincere wish to expose it for what it is, (i.e. ultimately all evil is ignorance of higher possibilities)
    Then it becomes a different matter. But when engaging like that, regular sabatticals become necessary, just so the universe doesnt forget to shower one will healing therapy and other goodies.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paloma For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts

With Love
    Eelco
    One thing about being a nurse, it would be EVIL IMO to with hold care based on someone's past. As a registered nurse, I once worked on a psychiatric unit labeled "Behavioral Medicine". Some patients were there for a particular physician who specialized in therapy for sex offenders (already charged and convicted). There were some people who were reassigned because they were not able to be objective about the inpatients' histories.

Is it righteous for a person to take on punishing another for their crimes? Is there something about "crime and punishment" that is evidence of calculated "inhumanity" which offers "humanity" no good in solving our social ills? I am curious because in the US there is a huge increase in criminals and prison and not much sense that we are better off. I am not even going to touch the monetary advantage to private corps from tax payers by increasing the numbers.

If someone wrongs ME, and I am really angry, I want payback and I want payback for someone else I love that is harsh and decisive. This really could be unfair to someone else. Lately I have noticed more attention to "blood feuds" and "honor killings" and what I think: It is possibly "human" to seek retribution for injustice but this is not necessarily fair or even reasonable.

Feuds are even generationally expected. Long past the issue, the fight is maintained. I don't understand this at all?

Also, it is just not comprehendable that finding "A" culprit can satisfy when it is not the person who did the crime? The track record for false conviction is consistent as OFTEN the legal way is to "find and convict" someone and that someone may be tried and convicted and sentenced and satisfy the social need to convict and FAIL humanity because the person was innocent.

Also, the whole notion of "justice" is skewed because IMO a crime is committed, then we punish (often for life), but that person will change and not be the same as later in life. We know testosterone is responsible for youthful rages which can lead to crime. We change our whole body within a certain time period and we are also not the same psychologically.

In general, I think that if we have a sense that people are NOT their behavior and not a "race" or "breed" of animal but MORE, we are unlikely to be rascists AND LIKELY to act on "hate the sin and love the sinner". THE COLLECTIVE does indicate a lack of belief that we are SOULS beyond our genetics and "behavior" because it is encoded in social norms (that do appear though subtle) that one can do something so wrong or be so basically despicable by "birth" that one deserves extermination.....
    Last edited by Maggie, 8th June 2017 at 16:32.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2017), Catsquotl (8th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    The track record for false conviction is consistent as OFTEN the legal way is to "find and convict" someone and that someone may be tried and convicted and sentenced and satisfy the social need to convict and FAIL humanity because the person was innocent.
    How true is that? Thanks Maggie...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017), TargeT (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    Ever since a friend of mine tried to equate being born evil as being the product of people who have married outside their religion, I just have to shake my head at the notion.

I have a family member who was seemingly born angry. He was cursing at the neighbors at 4 years old. He did cruel things to insects and more. But he became a good family man and used his skills in a good career.

I'm pretty sure that the people who find redemption in prison find it through God and/or their inner self. It's definitely not the 'correctional facility'.

I heard a guy interviewed who worked on Death Row in Georgia for decades. He said that in the end, it only amounts to revenge. There's no real justice going on with the executions. He saw it in the system and in the families.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017), Maggie (8th June 2017), TargeT (8th June 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I heard a guy interviewed who worked on Death Row in Georgia for decades. He said that in the end, it only amounts to revenge. There's no real justice going on with the executions. He saw it in the system and in the families.
    Eye for an Eye, right?

The influence of the abrahamic religions underlies everything in the northern hemisphere (and much of the southern) & until it's directly confronted it will continue to linger and twist good things to bad... ( Justice gets perverted to Revenge etc..) the mind virus is real, no topic is untouched.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017), Maggie (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    That's interesting. My parents taught us that we don't believe in eye-for-an-eye. That's an Old Testament practice which we, as Christians, don't practice. That was supposed to be something that sets us apart. The other 'peoples of the book' still practice this, but not the Christians.

I, of course, don't speak for all Christians and I was raised Episcopal. 'Do unto others' is not eye-for-an-eye.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 8th June 2017 at 19:28.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017), Maggie (8th June 2017), TargeT (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 295 Posts
    Actually Subjectivity came first; then Objectivity. Subjectivity is God; Objectivity is Us (Humans). When He Became Us He Objectified Himself. All Life is Reflexive. Some languages even reflect that. French: Asseyez-Vous, meaning Seat Yourself. Spanish is also reflexive reflective.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Gio (8th June 2017)