Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Abduction Experience of Whitley Strieber (Art Bell Interview)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    My initial thought is that's why this place is here. So you, and others, can share and not be ridiculed.

Whitley does interviews, I've come across a few here and there. I don't have them downloaded but if you do a search I imagine you'll find a few. If you don't want to Google, try Startpage.

In a more recent one I heard he talked about how he doesn't really think disclosure is a good idea because he doesn't think we're ready. He doesn't know who or what the 'others' are.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2017), DNA (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Whitley does interviews, I've come across a few here and there.
    What I have in mind is experiencers themselves being able to post on forums.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2017), DNA (8th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    There may not be many forums where that is safe. But there are a lot of forums. I have no idea how many. I don't know if there are experiencers at eye-rise, but that may be a good place to share.

Due to the whistleblower thing, some may be put off. So much attention goes to the secret soldier type. Many people aren't as open to sharing because they've experienced a lot of trolling and just don't even want to do it anymore.

There seem to be a lot of questions surrounding abduction experience. Who is doing the abduction? Is there some kind of mind control going on? Are there Others? ET or extra dimensional? Are memories being taken, added, affected in some way?

On Whitley's site there is another show called The Experience. I haven't listened very recently but I listened to many of them when it first started. It's not too long, and the host talks to different people who have had experiences. That may be a good way to hear other regular people and their stories.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2017), DNA (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Maggie (8th June 2017), WantDisclosure (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    I just went and looked to see who is on The Experience this week and it's Whitley himself. It was posted on 5/31 and is still up.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

DNA (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), WantDisclosure (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    I know this is off topic but I think that there IS something that is plaguing people through intrusions of paranormal and maybe malevolent intent. I have no idea of why and yet I have seen some "what" that was chilling. In my history, my family was quite "crazy" and my husband's also and we bonded over this kind of trauma.

One day after Communion was published, it was weirdly placed on an end cap at the grocery near the checkout line. It had the grey alien on the cover. My husband picked it up and bought it. I was not sure why?

If there are abductions and interference, I would be inclined to think his whole family was involved and their various "disorders" of their PTSD untreated. What is happening when people spiral down into the depths of "darkness'? I have had theories for Greg's family including curses placed on the generations by sorcerers to punish the ones who took the land? I just don't know?

There is something terribly wrong seen in certain families, way beyond what is expected.. There are hints of early child abuse, maybe sexual, maybe generational? People are acting out addiction, even seeming satanic influence (or is that tattoo just rebellion? Why gravitate to THAT music? Is that black outfit fashion? Is that hate YOURS?) Then when you think it cannot get worse, the maleficent influence seems to be increasing and people are dying? I could write a really terrible novel based on the family of my husband which I saw. It would be terrible because it would have no plot except for a long string of mental illnesses, social extremism and tragedies. The ending results in annihilation of the family, death of every member, ruin of property and for no known reason.
    Last edited by Maggie, 8th June 2017 at 16:59.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

DNA (8th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), WantDisclosure (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I don't know if there are experiencers at eye-rise, but that may be a good place to share.
    Why not The One Truth forum?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

DNA (8th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (9th June 2017)

Thanks
    Wow. Sounds like something that nearly happened to some people that I know. Fate interfered. Things took a turn for the better although mostly no one could see it at the time.

I'm pretty sure any things paranormal in my family were just not spoken about. Not even whispered. They weren't fundamentalist but very religious. I think my aunt was a dreamer but she never said anything and neither did anyone else. I came to this through my own dreams. She kept showing up. She always wanted to talk to me or ask about places to go. In 'real life', she was always a pioneer and traveller.

I don't think my family was able to think of dreams as being real in any substantial way. Too bad, that.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

DNA (8th June 2017), Elen (9th June 2017)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 315 Posts
    Here is the problem with abduction type scenarios, including Whitley's and I'm sorry if this offends anyone.
    There is a phenomenon called screen memories, and they seem to be false narratives to what really took place.
    The technique for recognizing and working past these screen memories was pioneered by David Jacobs and the application was used best by Barbara Bartholic and
    Karla Turner. The real narrative behind the abduction scenarios was not too pretty.
    Behind the messiah complex that seemed to domainate most abductees was a very negative actual memory.
    I applaud Whitley for his bravery in coming forward, but I do not believe any of his narratives in so far as how the interactions actually took place.
    And in so far as sharing personal experiences it's tough.
    For instance I believe Simon Parks was an actual abductee and that point is often lost
    But apparently Simon has nothing positive to offer.
    It's kind of like Corey Goode, who may be a real MILAB, but both people are beholden to a group with superior tech that seems to be able to brainwash and implant false memories at will. How can we not be suspect of folks giving testimony from this?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (9th June 2017), WantDisclosure (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    I wasn't excluding this venue. There is a whole forum section on abductions and experiences. (which is where we are)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

DNA (8th June 2017), Elen (9th June 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by DNA View Post
    How can we not be suspect of folks giving testimony from this?
    It doesn't make any difference if some information coming to us is not true.

What makes a difference is that we all listen respectfully to what others have to say, ask relevant questions, and persist in connecting dots as a group effort.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

DNA (8th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (9th June 2017)