Thread: Healing scams

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts

Healing scams

As someone who has been dabbling with various healing methods and knows quite a bit about the subject, I find myself aggravated by scammers who take advantage of the vulnerable. There have been popping up things like this for example which work only on the basis of placebo. Yes, belief actually does heal us, but not these expensive scams. It is totally unethical to sell people such nonsense, but people with alternative thinking are suspicious of normal doctors and I certainly have many issues with the normal medical industry, yet bunk is bunk. Things like reiki do work as I've tested it on myself and others, however I would not ask money for that. I don't think it's unethical to ask donations for that, but overall the integrity of the practitioner matters. Also: A Skeptical Look at the Spooky2 Rife System

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-TfiPzXcF4

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81XYQYgNLg0
    Last edited by Wind, 7th December 2023 at 20:10.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th November 2023), Aragorn (5th November 2023), Gio (5th November 2023), Silly Wabbit (6th November 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I've been duped several times...once with an automatic refill policy. I called them and said I wanted my money back as I didn't authorize the refill. The person I spoke with politely said he was unhappy that it wasn't working. I told him he knew damn well it wouldn't work and to just give me my money back...They did. Never again...end of story!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th November 2023), Aragorn (5th November 2023), Silly Wabbit (6th November 2023), Wind (5th November 2023)