Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What does the "Alt Community" collectively agree upon?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    My experience is quite different to yours. In my neck of the woods, it is rather those above 65 who are starting to acknowledge the deception, while the middle-aged are completely taken in by the mainstream narratives, and those below 40 are too apathetic to even care about anything other than themselves. There are of course exceptions among all age categories but those are statistically insignificant minorities.

Also, the fact that too many truth-seekers — I don't even want to call it "the alternative community" anymore, because I agree with Maggie that there's very little "alternative" about them — are aligning themselves with the political far right and/or believe in ludicrous theories like the Flat Earth meme, the Hollow Earth meme, the Holocaust-never-happened/Hitler-was-a-good-guy memes, et al, isn't exactly doing us truth-seekers a favor. Not only does it feed into the ridicule by the mainstream, but it also leads us far astray from the goals of not only finding the truth but also creating a better world for humanity at large and for the generations who come after us.

I think Maggie is painting things a bit too dark, but I can definitely relate to what she's saying. Everyone's listening to talking heads and consuming whatever they're blurting out like it's sweet cake. And everyone nods whenever I say that we have to start with ourselves in order to make a difference, but nobody's doing anything.

There's a difference between a community and an audience. And I'm seeing more and more of an audience than a community, just as I'm seeing a lot of ego instead of a lot of restraint, goodwill and compassion.

There's a lot more that I could say, but I'm not going to, because then things are going to get personal — and for the record, I'm not talking about you. But somebody has to take the high ground, so I'm biting my tongue. My colleagues in the mod room know what I'm talking about, and they too are biting their tongues. I would even say that they're better at it than I am.
    Dude! I take everything personal. I have a 2000 year history of involvement of with the military that have to essentially atone for. So slapping me in the face with a possible shortcoming is ok as I probably “need” to hear it. Besides, I know you do it in a state of love for my wicked soul.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2018), enjoy being (17th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Dude! I take everything personal. I have a 2000 year history of involvement of with the military that have to essentially atone for. So slapping me in the face with a possible shortcoming is ok as I probably “need” to hear it. Besides, I know you do it in a state of love for my wicked soul.
    Let me repeat then: this is not about you, nor does it have anything to do with you.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (16th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2018), enjoy being (17th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    I have to disagree. More folks are becoming aware, especially the below 30 kids. I talk to younger folks all the time and am pleasantly surprised at how many are growing aware of false flags, paedophilia, deep state hijinks, ETs, etc. So the alt-world community is growing by my accounting. Where it is stagnant is in us older folks, 60+ perhaps. Many/most are in complete denial even when confronted with hard facts.
    it's deeper than an awareness...they have a knowing...the enlightened spirit is coming of age and is manifest in the 'physical' world. My today's new-agey moment.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (16th April 2018), enjoy being (17th April 2018), Maggie (16th April 2018), Wind (16th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Everyone's listening to talking heads and consuming whatever they're blurting out like it's sweet cake. And everyone nods whenever I say that we have to start with ourselves in order to make a difference, but nobody's doing anything.

There's a difference between a community and an audience. And I'm seeing more and more of an audience than a community, just as I'm seeing a lot of ego instead of a lot of restraint, goodwill and compassion.
    Very important points in your response. This highlights for me some living breathing humane community distinctions.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (16th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2018), enjoy being (17th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I have to disagree. More folks are becoming aware, especially the below 30 kids. I talk to younger folks all the time and am pleasantly surprised at how many are growing aware of false flags, paedophilia, deep state hijinks, ETs, etc. So the alt-world community is growing by my accounting. Where it is stagnant is in us older folks, 60+ perhaps. Many/most are in complete denial even when confronted with hard facts.
    IMO, they're bridging the gap. We're stuck being in or out, on this or that team.

They're not.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (16th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (17th April 2018), enjoy being (17th April 2018), Maggie (16th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    it's deeper than an awareness...they have a knowing...the enlightened spirit is coming of age and is manifest in the 'physical' world. My today's new-agey moment.
    My take is that we have a fair number of indigo children in the younger ages. We can seriously learn a few things from them...we just have to listen.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th April 2018), Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (17th April 2018), enjoy being (17th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    The alt community is dying because it never made the leap from reaction to actually being the vangaurd. As with all attempts to respond to the status quo, the alt community agreed that something was wrong and something else is wrong and something else and something else and someething..some...thing

There will NEVER be an alternative that does not flip to the alternative and then another alternative.
    If the basis is war then peace then war then peace because each state failed to provide what some agreed they wanted....
    SO BE THE COIN THAT FLIPS.

The alternative community is dead. Long Live the LIVING which needs no alternative.
    That LIFE being born will never be seen on a coin.

This is my rant obviously but I feel really good spouting it. Thanks for the opportunity.
    nice post.

I personally think people put a bit too much in the importance of iltcommunitys. They weren't called that a few waves of initiates ago btw.
    To me, lots get caught up in the mysteries and it seems to become entertainment. You can see it when an event happens and everyone starts posting from their podiums.

Demographics? All flawed in one way or another. Thats the whole point. Yet still people want to separate one to be in the right or the wrong and continue to look elsewhere for guidance. It is all constantly happening in front of us. Im probably blind to some of the things I say or do or react to, just as it seems others are. I mean I could point out plenty of examples of flawed thinking where people are blinkered by their own parameters. No one wants to accept it, they will try and hide it or push blame. Let emotional bonds get in the way of logic, or even vice versa.

I often mention that these communities are partly for people who havent learned to log out and live life. It is nice to share some comparative thinking or have some different stimulation, but the other part kinda says if you are 'here', you haven't succeeded yet. I know I jokingly feel like a failure being a member of forums at times. Being captivated by various distractions. It is a bit of a catch 22, awareness of things which are hidden is a good use of time, but it is just what people do with it.

Restraint and compassion might be lacking in some aspects, but we also can be witness to people placing people into servitude by defending another purely because of emotional associations and as a result distorting or stealing the moment. Or for restraint to work, there should be equal restraint in compassion sometimes...
    How does one choose which restraint to exercise one might ask? That is where the lack is, in the ability to be in harmony with the balance of such things.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th April 2018), Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (17th April 2018), Elen (18th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (17th April 2018), Maggie (17th April 2018), Wind (18th April 2018)

Thanks
    When you read the title, "What does the 'Alt Community' agree on" and then you read who made the last post, "Nothing" that pretty much sums it up.

All good points made in the posts above. I think the biggest mistake that I've made as well as observed others make is thinking that I/you/we/they got it all figured out. Staying flexible to different ideas is key, in my experience.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GraceKB For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th April 2018), Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (18th April 2018), Elen (18th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th April 2018), enjoy being (18th April 2018), Wind (18th April 2018)

Thanks
    And there's always the alternative of just listening to me... quack, quack, quack....

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th April 2018), Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018), Elen (19th April 2018), GraceKB (18th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    nice post.

I personally think people put a bit too much in the importance of iltcommunitys. They weren't called that a few waves of initiates ago btw.
    To me, lots get caught up in the mysteries and it seems to become entertainment. You can see it when an event happens and everyone starts posting from their podiums.

Demographics? All flawed in one way or another. Thats the whole point. Yet still people want to separate one to be in the right or the wrong and continue to look elsewhere for guidance. It is all constantly happening in front of us. Im probably blind to some of the things I say or do or react to, just as it seems others are. I mean I could point out plenty of examples of flawed thinking where people are blinkered by their own parameters. No one wants to accept it, they will try and hide it or push blame. Let emotional bonds get in the way of logic, or even vice versa.

I often mention that these communities are partly for people who havent learned to log out and live life. It is nice to share some comparative thinking or have some different stimulation, but the other part kinda says if you are 'here', you haven't succeeded yet. I know I jokingly feel like a failure being a member of forums at times. Being captivated by various distractions. It is a bit of a catch 22, awareness of things which are hidden is a good use of time, but it is just what people do with it.

Restraint and compassion might be lacking in some aspects, but we also can be witness to people placing people into servitude by defending another purely because of emotional associations and as a result distorting or stealing the moment. Or for restraint to work, there should be equal restraint in compassion sometimes...
    How does one choose which restraint to exercise one might ask? That is where the lack is, in the ability to be in harmony with the balance of such things.
    I think that's a misapprehension Nothing...the part about why we are here. Honestly, when I first started to inhabit 'alternative' forums, I was looking for answers. A sanity check, if you will, to discover if anyone had had the kinds of experiences I had. Even in the environment of 'safety' (alternative sensibilities) it took me a long time to conclude that I wasn't just 'imagining' things, that, in fact, some things are just 'weird' and it's kind of like the initial high from weed or that moment when the LSD starts to kick in, sometimes you just gotta go with it. In that regard I am much more excepting of who I really am. (no, not an Alien well maybe, nah, not even an illegal one). Ain't really nuthin' all that exciting about it...

As much as I hate this cliche, it seems appropriate...It is what it is.

Personally, I live my life on a computer...so corresponding with other denizens is really cool with me.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th April 2018), Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018), Elen (19th April 2018), enjoy being (18th April 2018), Wind (18th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I think that's a misapprehension Nothing...the part about why we are here. Honestly, when I first started to inhabit 'alternative' forums, I was looking for answers. A sanity check, if you will, to discover if anyone had had the kinds of experiences I had. Even in the environment of 'safety' (alternative sensibilities) it took me a long time to conclude that I wasn't just 'imagining' things, that, in fact, some things are just 'weird' and it's kind of like the initial high from weed or that moment when the LSD starts to kick in, sometimes you just gotta go with it. In that regard I am much more excepting of who I really am. (no, not an Alien well maybe, nah, not even an illegal one). Ain't really nuthin' all that exciting about it...

As much as I hate this cliche, it seems appropriate...It is what it is.

Personally, I live my life on a computer...so corresponding with other denizens is really cool with me.

I often mention that these communities are partly for people who havent learned to log out and live life. It is nice to share some comparative thinking or have some different stimulation, but the other part kinda says if you are 'here', you haven't succeeded yet. I know I jokingly feel like a failure being a member of forums at times. Being captivated by various distractions. It is a bit of a catch 22, awareness of things which are hidden is a good use of time, but it is just what people do with it
    I think the balance within that comment has been over looked. I may not have developed the comparative thinking point enough but other than that. Of course, well within the word choice i used, it should be plain there are "exceptions", though I did ommit in that case, there is a healthy need for denial. You should see some of the reactions in the past from people who fly off the handle half cocked etc, at my mentioning of the subject.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th April 2018), Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018), Elen (19th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (18th April 2018), Wind (18th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,263 Times in 7,198 Posts
    What is the alternative path? Probably it's about questioning the status quo, not buying the official narrative about the way things are. Questioning things... That's the thing that most if not all of us share.

After that fact... It gets more convoluted. The alternative (conspiracy & new age) world is full of garbage too, wishful thinking, hoaxers and people who absolutely do not know what they're talking about and it will require good research skills and intuition to find the true gems of valuable information and knowledge.

Many intelligent people are not always wise people. Wisdom isn't just knowledge alone either, it's experience combined with knowledge and understanding. "Wonder is the beginning of wisdom." The collective virtual hub known as internet has changed everything though, it has given people the freedom to find information on their own which was much harder before, if not in some cases almost impossible. To share your knowledge and why not even feelings and opinions with likeminded people is a nice thing. After all, we humans are social beings. Even if some of us might be quite introverted by our nature.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th April 2018), Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018), Elen (19th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (19th April 2018), enjoy being (18th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I appreciate those sentiments Wind.

The richness of the experience, or initial experience anyway, keeps people wanting more, so the notion of it being something which can become an addiction is there and sometimes, well plenty times, people can become comfortable and settled in the habit which may or may not have unhealthy aspects. The wine turns to vinegar.

But yes, the library of ideas and information, the sounding boards of sharing, and most importantly in some ways, the bumps and scratches people collect from not getting out of the way of themselves. The interpersonel interactions can teach people a lot. The whole social media thing does that too.. I belonged to a publuc mainstream forum for a decade or more while also being a member of sites like this, the comparrison is good. The pig pen of the public forum had lots to learn from observing people acting out. Alt forum members dont really seem to be so spazzy as a rule, but we do see a bit of childish stuff. All that side of it is a great social experiment and the data I have gathered personally, has been amazingly helpful to the way I gauge scenarios and behaviours of myself and others. As time goes on, this sort of thing is probably of most interest to me. Subjects like aliens and hidden passages under old buildings don't really interest me that much.
    Well, I mean, sure some stuff is interesting coffee table curios, some has insight or such... but the rest is all just a group sift through a broken jigsaw.. and what after all the pieces that can be found are placed in position? Will that be of use? Or will it only then be that people start to look within and find REAL answers?
    That is where I am coming from when saying alt sites can suck people in and stagnate them into just pretty much watching an alt TV and seeking entertainment and escapism.
    Of course, folk are completely entitled to do so. This observation doesn't seem to be made very often and as said, often people will become a bit defensive of their TV watching.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th April 2018), Dreamtimer (18th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018), Elen (19th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (19th April 2018), Wind (19th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    I appreciate those sentiments Wind.

The richness of the experience, or initial experience anyway, keeps people wanting more, so the notion of it being something which can become an addiction is there and sometimes, well plenty times, people can become comfortable and settled in the habit which may or may not have unhealthy aspects. The wine turns to vinegar.

But yes, the library of ideas and information, the sounding boards of sharing, and most importantly in some ways, the bumps and scratches people collect from not getting out of the way of themselves. The interpersonel interactions can teach people a lot. The whole social media thing does that too.. I belonged to a publuc mainstream forum for a decade or more while also being a member of sites like this, the comparrison is good. The pig pen of the public forum had lots to learn from observing people acting out. Alt forum members dont really seem to be so spazzy as a rule, but we do see a bit of childish stuff. All that side of it is a great social experiment and the data I have gathered personally, has been amazingly helpful to the way I gauge scenarios and behaviours of myself and others. As time goes on, this sort of thing is probably of most interest to me. Subjects like aliens and hidden passages under old buildings don't really interest me that much.
    Well, I mean, sure some stuff is interesting coffee table curios, some has insight or such... but the rest is all just a group sift through a broken jigsaw.. and what after all the pieces that can be found are placed in position? Will that be of use? Or will it only then be that people start to look within and find REAL answers?
    That is where I am coming from when saying alt sites can suck people in and stagnate them into just pretty much watching an alt TV and seeking entertainment and escapism.
    Of course, folk are completely entitled to do so. This observation doesn't seem to be made very often and as said, often people will become a bit defensive of their TV watching.
    not me...I love TV, movies, and books. And playing chess, of course...My team is in the process of disbanding, but oh well. I used to be into the usual things...baseball, softball, golf, tennis, bar hopping...I just don't have time for any of it anymore.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th April 2018), Dreamtimer (19th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (19th April 2018), Elen (19th April 2018), Wind (19th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Drake Equation? Fermi Paradox?

If life is common, then where is everyone? A new paper claims to have the answer, but their conclusions are highly suspect.

Water, light, heat, organic molecules, and the ingredients for life are indeed everywhere. But aliens of any type have yet to show themselves. For all we have hard evidence for, Earth may be it for life in the entire Universe.

If that sounds pessimistic to you, or, as Carl Sagan put it, "an awful waste of space," you're not alone. [Nature doesn't waste energy]

Although we knew very little about the various parameters in it, the Drake Equation is still used by many today to estimate the number of potential civilizations we can communicate with in space.

Despite the replacement of point estimates with probabilistic distributions, as the authors impose, there is still no evidence that we can say anything sensible about these likelihoods. In the absence of evidence, theorists aren't theorizing based on sound science; they're simply making numbers up. The authors state their methodology as such:

In this paper, we shall look at two different ways of extending this approach beyond a toy model — generating probability distributions for the parameters of the Drake equation based on the variation in historical estimates and doing so based on the authors’ best judgment of the scientific uncertainties for each parameter.
    Unfortunately, this falls prey to what I call the first law of computer science: garbage in, garbage out. Historical estimates and the authors' judgments are no substitute for the data we need, and do not have.

Source

conclusion in this case seems to be 'Jury's still out'

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dumpster Diver (2nd July 2018), Elen (1st July 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st July 2018)