Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What does the "Alt Community" collectively agree upon?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lemual View Post
    Haha jandals... You Kiwis! I know what you mean though.

2 recorders though... I thought that was pretty awesome.

To be a little more back on topic I had a similar thought to this thread a while ago but it broke down a little different.

My basic idea was to assign a % to each general belief in the alternative community. This could be done personally or as a collective. As the belief got more "out there" you would see a lowering of the percentage, ie the likelyhood that you think the certain thing is true.

For example (for me personally):

Existence of ET life - 100% (or as close to it as you can get)
    Existence of intelligent ET life - 99.99%
    "They" have visited Earth - 99%
    "They" visit Earth regularly - 99%
    "Paranormal" phenomenon are real - 95%
    There is a large scale (grand) human conspiracy - 95%
    We have had official (governmental) dealings with "them" - 90%
    An alien agenda is at the top of the conspiracy - 50%
    All ET's are friendly - 20%
    All ET's are unfriendly - 15%
    Inevitable ascension - 10%

I feel like this leaves a little more wiggle room for uncertainty but can still indicate your general thoughts on certain topics. Be mindful though, even a low percentage warrants consideration.
    -ET life is pretty much 100% - from the Drake Equation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
    -Intelligent ET life: same from Drake Equation
    -ETs visited Earth: I have this as a 99.9%+ or 4+ sigma (standard deviations above 50%, 50% being % of the time equally true or false - above 50% is "true" tendency, below 50% is false tendency.) This if from now tons of evidence plus interviews with numerous professional folks - mainly military, who have witnessed such.
    -ETs here regularly: I haven't parsed this one, but it would be very high 98%+
    -Paranormal is real: (you really have to break out which. Telepathy, for example I have as 99.99+% as I have witnessed it myself.)
    -Human conspiracy: 99%+ sigma
    -Governmental ET dealings: 98%+
    -Alien Agenda (Evil): 99%+
    -All ETs are friendly: .001% (too many races of them, and within races there are good and bad, like humans)
    -All ET are unfriendly: .001% (too many races of them, and within races there are good and bad, like humans)
    -Ascension is real: 90%+ (multiple sources, mainly religious texts, Hundu, Christian, ancient Egyptian writings, Zoroastrian writings, Tibetan Book of the Dead, etc.)

-----------------------------------

re: Jandals = https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jandal

NZ term for flip-flop. Australians use the term "thong"... but that's just wrong!!
    After a japanese swimming team came to NZ (many decades ago), one observer was so impressed with their style of footwear that he began making them himself - he came up with the word "Jandal" as an abbreviation of the term "Japanese Sandal".

He can't handle the jandal

#footwear#flip-flop#thong#sandal#new zealand

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2018), Aragorn (31st October 2017), Dreamtimer (1st November 2017), Elen (1st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (31st October 2017), Lemual (9th November 2017), Paloma (1st November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    We called them thongs and flip flops growing up in AZ.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2018), Aragorn (1st November 2017), Dumpster Diver (1st November 2017), Elen (1st November 2017), Emil El Zapato (1st November 2017)

Thanks
    In honor of Aragorn buddying up with Darth Hatman, I’m bumping this thread.

I think the Hatman would agree with most of the points made.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2018), Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    In honor of Aragorn buddying up with Darth Hatman, I’m bumping this thread.

I think the Hatman would agree with most of the points made.
    I haven't heard that one yet, but with all his cute names for him it was only a matter of time before the universe requested he clarify his position? :-p
    Last edited by enjoy being, 15th April 2018 at 02:57. Reason: double post

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2018), Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    I haven't heard that one yet, but with all his cute names for him it was only a matter of time before the universe requested he clarify his position? :-p
    The term "Darth Hatman©" is copyrighted to Dumpster Diver, alias Lego :batman.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Not that I take a lot of notice, but I was sure there was bunch of other names with sombreros and things!

Ah well, DD should get the names registered and cash in on royalties then.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2018), Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    My favorite is The Cat In The Hat. It even has a book:

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2018), Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Not that I take a lot of notice, but I was sure there was bunch of other names with sombreros and things!
    Yes, El Sombrero™ and its slightly longer version, El Hombre Con Sombrero™, as well as La Casa Del Sombrero™, are trademarks owned by myself. They are not necessarily intended as derogatory or scathing, although I admit to already having gratuitously used them as such.

The name "Bill Zebub" is actually the pseudonym of a producer of (supposedly humorous) horror movies and heavy metal documentaries — none of which I've ever watched, mind you — and he also publishes a heavy metal magazine.

Ah well, DD should get the names registered and cash in on royalties then.
    Well, see, that's the main difference with myself then. I always open-source my artistic creations.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Elen (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I find some of those Dr Seuss critters far more scarier than any electron microscope images.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well, I’ve open sourced “Darth Hatman” as well, but to date no one else has used it, which is good as I like to see folks coin new BR names especially since I have no history with him, and suffer no “hobgoblin under the bed” issues like the rest of TOT has.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Well, I’ve open sourced “Darth Hatman” as well, but to date no one else has used it, which is good as I like to see folks coin new BR names especially since I have no history with him, and suffer no “hobgoblin under the bed” issues like the rest of TOT has.
    I personally think people blame too much of their other frustrations on that guy. I even missed the memo saying that that franchise is reputable or the leader of the alt community!
    They were just a couple of people doing interviews, there were plenty others out there doing stuff.
    Somehow a wave of woken sheep at the time all decided to hang out there and start flushing out their carboreters in the various living rooms. Then they all started saying how great and famous the forum they were in was.
    You could be forgiven in thinking the rest of TOT has hobgoblins over it all from the amount of noise a few make?
    Surely it is more just a "tsk tsk the paperboy left the paper out in the rain" kind of issue, not a "my family have been kidnapped" problem?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th April 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Which hatman?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (15th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2018), enjoy being (15th April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    The alt community is dying because it never made the leap from reaction to actually being the vangaurd. As with all attempts to respond to the status quo, the alt community agreed that something was wrong and something else is wrong and something else and something else and someething..some...thing

There will NEVER be an alternative that does not flip to the alternative and then another alternative.
    If the basis is war then peace then war then peace because each state failed to provide what some agreed they wanted....
    SO BE THE COIN THAT FLIPS.

The alternative community is dead. Long Live the LIVING which needs no alternative.
    That LIFE being born will never be seen on a coin.

This is my rant obviously but I feel really good spouting it. Thanks for the opportunity.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (16th April 2018), Elen (17th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2018), enjoy being (17th April 2018), GraceKB (16th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    The alt community is dying because it never made the leap from reaction to actually being the vangaurd. As with all attempts to respond to the status quo, the alt community agreed that something was wrong and something else is wrong and something else and something else and someething..some...thing

There will NEVER be an alternative that does not flip to the alternative and then another alternative.
    If the basis is war then peace then war then peace because each state failed to provide what some agreed they wanted....
    SO BE THE COIN THAT FLIPS.

The alternative community is dead. Long Live the LIVING which needs no alternative.
    That LIFE being born will never be seen on a coin.

This is my rant obviously but I feel really good spouting it. Thanks for the opportunity.
    I have to disagree. More folks are becoming aware, especially the below 30 kids. I talk to younger folks all the time and am pleasantly surprised at how many are growing aware of false flags, paedophilia, deep state hijinks, ETs, etc. So the alt-world community is growing by my accounting. Where it is stagnant is in us older folks, 60+ perhaps. Many/most are in complete denial even when confronted with hard facts.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Elen (17th April 2018), Emil El Zapato (16th April 2018), Maggie (16th April 2018)

Thanks
    I have to disagree. More folks are becoming aware, especially the below 30 kids. I talk to younger folks all the time and am pleasantly surprised at how many are growing aware of false flags, paedophilia, deep state hijinks, ETs, etc. So the alt-world community is growing by my accounting. Where it is stagnant is in us older folks, 60+ perhaps. Many/most are in complete denial even when confronted with hard facts.
    My experience is quite different to yours. In my neck of the woods, it is rather those above 65 who are starting to acknowledge the deception, while the middle-aged are completely taken in by the mainstream narratives, and those below 40 are too apathetic to even care about anything other than themselves. There are of course exceptions among all age categories but those are statistically insignificant minorities.

Also, the fact that too many truth-seekers — I don't even want to call it "the alternative community" anymore, because I agree with Maggie that there's very little "alternative" about them — are aligning themselves with the political far right and/or believe in ludicrous theories like the Flat Earth meme, the Hollow Earth meme, the Holocaust-never-happened/Hitler-was-a-good-guy memes, et al, isn't exactly doing us truth-seekers a favor. Not only does it feed into the ridicule by the mainstream, but it also leads us far astray from the goals of not only finding the truth but also creating a better world for humanity at large and for the generations who come after us.

I think Maggie is painting things a bit too dark, but I can definitely relate to what she's saying. Everyone's listening to talking heads and consuming whatever they're blurting out like it's sweet cake. And everyone nods whenever I say that we have to start with ourselves in order to make a difference, but nobody's doing anything.

There's a difference between a community and an audience. And I'm seeing more and more of an audience than a community, just as I'm seeing a lot of ego instead of a lot of restraint, goodwill and compassion.

There's a lot more that I could say, but I'm not going to, because then things are going to get personal — and for the record, I'm not talking about you. But somebody has to take the high ground, so I'm biting my tongue. My colleagues in the mod room know what I'm talking about, and they too are biting their tongues. I would even say that they're better at it than I am.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (16th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (16th April 2018), Elen (17th April 2018), enjoy being (17th April 2018), Maggie (16th April 2018), Wind (16th April 2018)