Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Karma Explained, OMG FN Xlent

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Jumping the gun here. I'll start my night-shifts tomorrow evening and hope to have time to watch the video then.
    First of I consider ego to be a non-existent entity. It's a (very rapidly) repeated constructed idea of self which doesn't exist anywhere but in the attachment to the idea itself.
    Which is exactly why I have to create a space to incorporate a narcissist.

Karma in my view does span lifetimes, but those or not linked to an idea of self. So it will not be my karma, but just karma. Life spanning Karmic patterns in my view are unresolved intentions. All we do as humans is pick up these intentions and either resolve them (i.e. clear the Karma) or don't which means the intention needs another being to become resolved. The fact that we can connect to the personality that originally intended the karmic pattern/desire has to do with the way intentions are stored in the universe. I have come to believe that an intentional construct holds the space to incorporate all information that went along with the intention, thus holding information about the person that intended the bloody thing in the first place. The way we access that information is from within making it appear as if it's our idea of (non existent)self that intended it in another lifetime.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th June 2017), Amanda (5th June 2017), Dreamtimer (7th June 2017), Elen (5th June 2017), modwiz (7th June 2017), Paloma (7th June 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Just finishing this vid by Matt Khan and massively impressed, have explained or tried to explain this to people over the years but now after down loading this, an aha and omg moment enjoyed >
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HP7Emi0Gls&t=1125s

Deserves its own thread.
    Would you mind Aianawa to say a little about your OMG moments in watching this video?

I have watched another few minutes, but am really struggling.
    So far I have heard him talk about 2 ego structures, different spiritual paths(right ones and wrong ones). Make some assumptions about the stages of awakening and a new spiritual paradigm and tapping into the feeling of worthiness by having completed stage 1, and coming back to share that.

This raises all sorts of colored flags. So instead of addressing those i'd like to ask you to elaborate what made you go wow.

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th June 2017), Amanda (7th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (6th June 2017), modwiz (7th June 2017), Paloma (7th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    Jumping the gun here. I'll start my night-shifts tomorrow evening and hope to have time to watch the video then.
    First of I consider ego to be a non-existent entity. It's a (very rapidly) repeated constructed idea of self which doesn't exist anywhere but in the attachment to the idea itself.
    Which is exactly why I have to create a space to incorporate a narcissist.

Karma in my view does span lifetimes, but those or not linked to an idea of self. So it will not be my karma, but just karma. Life spanning Karmic patterns in my view are unresolved intentions. All we do as humans is pick up these intentions and either resolve them (i.e. clear the Karma) or don't which means the intention needs another being to become resolved. The fact that we can connect to the personality that originally intended the karmic pattern/desire has to do with the way intentions are stored in the universe. I have come to believe that an intentional construct holds the space to incorporate all information that went along with the intention, thus holding information about the person that intended the bloody thing in the first place. The way we access that information is from within making it appear as if it's our idea of (non existent)self that intended it in another lifetime.

With Love
    Eelco
    Still trying to comprehend your karma theory, wish it was simple lol, maybe that is why, for me, I was wowed, hearing vids theory, the messenger is simply just that, a messenger, imo. My experience and observation has shown that people that are not fufulled, strive to be so, people that are fufulled, assist the unfufulled. Matt put this into words and was first time I heard it and the karmic nature involved.

Am happy to give notes of my understanding of vid, point by point by watching it again to do so.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Amanda (7th June 2017), Catsquotl (7th June 2017), Dreamtimer (7th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), modwiz (7th June 2017), Paloma (7th June 2017)

Thanks
    Looking forward to it.
    I realize that my explanation of Karma is a bit terse. As we discuss I'll try to elaborate. One thing to remember in my view are the 3 characteristics of phenomena. Every phenomenon is in itself.
    Impermanent or subject to change Change (anicca)
    A cause for Stress or Unsatisfactoriness (dukkha)
    It is Not-self or Insubstantial (anattaa).

As for the striving for fulfillment/assisting as a spiritual path. In my view off the top this is a choice. A dynamic that is prevalent, because nobody is totally fulfilled. Some desires are met, others aren't we help where we can and be become selfish(in a healthy way) where our desires are yet to be met.

In my view karmic return isn't so much to do about punishment or reward. And it is definitely without obligation.

Karma in it's simplest translation means action (ref.http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/a...aro/karma.html, but as Thanissaro bhikku states Karma holds many more subtleties that would get lost in the translation.

In my simplified view it is nothing more that the play of cause and effect. If I stub my toe, there is the experience of an unpleasant feeling.
    It is more likely in my view that I stubbed my toe because of the present karmic action of mindlessly wandering past the table then it is a karmic return of stepping on someones toe 3 lifetimes ago.

The service to self (narcissism is just an extreme perversion of this) or service to others may have to do with fulfillment on the spiritual path and are as such fueled by past and present actions. So it could tie into karma.

With Love
    Eelco

Edit: I just realize that my explanation in my previous post says more about reincarnation than it does about karma.
    Last edited by Catsquotl, 7th June 2017 at 12:42.
    Have a great day today

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th June 2017), Amanda (7th June 2017), Dreamtimer (7th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017), Paloma (7th June 2017)

Thanks
    You wish me to explain it by your view/s ?.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Amanda (7th June 2017), Catsquotl (7th June 2017), Dreamtimer (7th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    You wish me to explain it by your view/s ?.
    Never..
    If I gave that impression I'm sorry.
    I would very much like to hear you views on the matter. I'm just offering my own as we go..

With Love
    Eelco
    Have a great day today

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th June 2017), Amanda (7th June 2017), Dreamtimer (7th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017)

Thanks
    My experience is that some of Kahns material has been helpfullll, especially the vid/message > a way out of pain. My views on this vid I will start when time allows.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th June 2017), Catsquotl (8th June 2017), Dreamtimer (8th June 2017), Elen (8th June 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Aianawa - Your journey is yours. Personally I would love to read about your views and opinions - with regard to the video that features in the opening thread.

Much Respect - Amanda

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2017), Dreamtimer (11th June 2017), Elen (11th June 2017)

Thanks
    Hi Amanda, do you have some direct questions for me regarding vid content ?.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th June 2017), Dreamtimer (11th June 2017), Elen (11th June 2017), modwiz (11th June 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Aianawa - You chose OMG (Oh My God) and included it in the title of the thread. Perhaps you could explain why the video presentation had such a strong impact on you? It appears that what you heard and watched struck a chord with you? Can you please elaborate on why you wanted to share the video presentation? Thanks.

Much Respect - Amanda

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th June 2017), Dreamtimer (12th June 2017), Elen (12th June 2017)

Thanks
    This blew my mind because it confirmed for myself the why and Ys of karma, still levels above this like purpose for eggysample.

If one has already done the fufulling of oneself ( lifetimes ) or service to self as such, then they come in service to others, sensitivity already, that felt on the nail for me.
    before I add to post no 3 above, another member posted Amanda that it touched their heart, as it did me and brain because it gave me understanding in words ( had the feeling mostly, not all, already ).

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Amanda (13th June 2017), Dreamtimer (12th June 2017), Elen (12th June 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    before I add to post no 3 above, another member posted Amanda that it touched their heart, as it did me and brain because it gave me understanding in words ( had the feeling mostly, not all, already ).
    I've told you before Aianawa and I'll do it again...you have the ability to walk in and out of ANY door/place/situation without a mark... either on the door/place or situation...you are quite unique.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2017), Amanda (13th June 2017), Aragorn (12th June 2017), Dreamtimer (12th June 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    I'm the one who posted that the video touched my heart, Aianawa.

Karma is such a large subject. It can be synthesized down to a single catch-phrase. It can be studied for a lifetime. I think I mentioned that the best book I ever read on the subject is "Thinking and Destiny" by Harold Percival. It is comprehensive, filled with nuances and each time I read it I come to a deeper understanding of the principal of karma. Everything else I have read or videos I have seen only add to it.

What Matt Kahn has done in this video is take a small subsection of the subject and expand upon it. The timing was perfect for me. I am a 'caretaker'. Everyone and everything comes first, and then I can take care of myself. Only right now I'm paying for being such. I'm normally a very healthy person, but this time there are others that still need and a job I need to finish...and my health is suffering for it. I strive for balance in all things, yet I'm struggling to find balance in this.

It may sound silly, but I needed 'permission' to take care of myself first sometimes. Matt Kahn did just that and my heart soared.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2017), Amanda (13th June 2017), Dreamtimer (12th June 2017), Elen (12th June 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Melidae, I think I may need to share this with someone I know who is doing the very same thing and whom I'm quite worried about. Maybe to Matt's words they will listen.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2017), Amanda (13th June 2017), Elen (12th June 2017), Melidae (12th June 2017)

Thanks
    We have all been hurt, some thrashed energy wise badly, few to none having unconditional love as their age and growing experience, my experience of self abuse through this in differing forms leads me to desire to know why, my fault is a harsh mantra and understanding karma best able ( Kahn helped ) lesssins the hurters pain also imo.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Amanda (13th June 2017), Elen (13th June 2017), Melidae (12th June 2017), modwiz (12th June 2017)