Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Living our values

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Some people are anachronistic and eclectic. I thought you might be into primitive versions, or other games that are in the family. But of course, mastering chess is a lifetime, right?

Is DW really saying Trump's a savior? Because that's pretty directly contrary to all the admonishments about not adopting a savior mentality in the context of CG and the SBA.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (18th June 2017), Elen (19th June 2017), Lord Sidious (18th June 2017), modwiz (18th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Some people are anachronistic and eclectic. I thought you might be into primitive versions, or other games that are in the family. But of course, mastering chess is a lifetime, right?

Is DW really saying Trump's a savior? Because that's pretty directly contrary to all the admonishments about not adopting a savior mentality in the context of CG and the SBA.
    Agreed, we don't need no steenkin' saviors. It is about allies for a human cause.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (18th June 2017), Dreamtimer (18th June 2017), Elen (19th June 2017), Lord Sidious (18th June 2017), sandy (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts

Chess is a war game. In this karmic walk, I am into war and have to resolve it. BTW, the object of chess is to crush your opponent, and according to such leading chess Grandmasters such as Bobby Fisher, the real object is to "crush your opponent's ego." The greatest war game is chess, so I play chess. It all fits.

DW mentioned that, in spite of all the 180 turns by Prez Gasbag, he had a dream, and DW puts a lot of stock in dreams, that showed DW working with the Prez in the future. So he must be a good guy...anyway, something to that effect.

I did a WTF?!? and rewound the tape to make sure I heard him right. So yeah, DW is apparently a Trump "alter-boy."

The world is a f**ked up place.
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 19th June 2017 at 03:29.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Dreamtimer (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    I'm all for recalling and remembering dreams. Lots of people dream about being with leaders and important people. And it can mean many things.

David has been journaling all his life and so likely has a very good handle on his dreams.

People certainly scout ahead into the possibilities in their dreams. What is this possibility that he's seen? Working with Trump?

I wonder if he's ready to throw aside his own plans and will and pledge complete loyalty?

My personal opinion is that David's ego still gets in the way of clear sight, and this is more about wanting and needing to be working with an important authority rather than a direct sight into the future. (to me the constant refs to his 'member' are the most obvious ego indicator)

I dreamt I saw Sarah Palin face-to-face once. I didn't even know who she was, she was still mayor of an Alaska town I'd never heard of.

The dream didn't mean that I was going to meet her. It taught me some very important things about her and her character so that I was prepared when she came on stage in her blaze of Rogue Glory.

There's another one who loves the media attention while lambasting it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Elen (19th June 2017), modwiz (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    Dreamy, I posted this in another thread: All my dreams seem to be movies: I'm some character either viewed internally or externally (like I'm a camera following a protagonist) on adventures. None seem predictive. If confronted by nasties, I either blow them away, or I wake myself up. I tend to be the biggest monster in my dreams.

...so I view dreams as recreation. But as I'm a class zero drooling idiot compared to you enlightened folk here at TOT, I certainly haven't a clue as to how to interpret them. And frankly, I don't want to. I think it's a cheat to know ANYTHING about your future. It bends your free will.

As to DW, and as Wizzy sez, David "will-talk-about-his-cock"...I wonder about such. Maybe he really thinks (or has been told by Ra) he must reveal everything, so he comes off sounding a bit perverted. The 1st half of his last book was a psychic vomit of his early life. It was mildly interesting, but far, far from the meat of the last part. This public confession stuff is a bit too Catholic for me. Confessing to you does not do much; confessing to ME, on the other hand, is where it is at.
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 19th June 2017 at 15:18.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Dreamtimer (19th June 2017), Elen (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    I think it's a cheat to know ANYTHING about your future. It bends your free will.
    I agree except for the cheat. It's a setup. You could be setting yourself up for something because you're expecting or counting on something you've seen. Nothing is set in stone. Even if something is 99% likely, the 1% can still happen.

But it's not a cheat because it's a natural ability. It's something we can do. It's not a cheat to use a flashlight at night. It's something we can do. (A flashlight isn't a natural ability, but our innovative nature is). It's important not to be stupid about it. Selfishness can def lead to stupidity.

The Lakota, for example, had dreamers who could see where the hunt was good or when the bad weather would come. It's a survival mechanism that goes back far into humanity's existence. As far as I can tell.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Elen (19th June 2017), modwiz (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    I agree except for the cheat. It's a setup. You could be setting yourself up for something because you're expecting or counting on something you've seen. Nothing is set in stone. Even if something is 99% likely, the 1% can still happen.

But it's not a cheat because it's a natural ability. It's something we can do. It's not a cheat to use a flashlight at night. It's something we can do. (A flashlight isn't a natural ability, but our innovative nature is). It's important not to be stupid about it. Selfishness can def lead to stupidity.

The Lakota, for example, had dreamers who could see where the hunt was good or when the bad weather would come. It's a survival mechanism that goes back far into humanity's existence. As far as I can tell.
    Well, I use math to "see the future" so that and a flashlight is ok by me.

My wife has seen exact futures (as have I, I foresaw hurricane Katrina knocking the crap outta New Orleans, my wife's home town)...I still think it's still a cheat, it bends your view.

I don't like alt-world stuff. I know it exists, and I dislike others being better at it. So there, nannh (sorry, I don't have a smiley sticking his/her tongue out)
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 19th June 2017 at 16:11. Reason: fixed tongue

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Dreamtimer (19th June 2017), Elen (19th June 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    So there, nannh (sorry, I don't have a smiley sticking his/her tongue out)
    You do this : and p ...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Dreamtimer (19th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (19th June 2017), modwiz (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    You do this : and p ...
    Thanks, I fixed it.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Dreamtimer (19th June 2017), Elen (20th June 2017), modwiz (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    If you like more style and motion there's always,

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (19th June 2017), Elen (20th June 2017), modwiz (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    If you like more style and motion there's always,

How did I miss that? Yes, much better.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Dreamtimer (19th June 2017), Elen (20th June 2017), modwiz (19th June 2017)

Thanks
    Dear me, what have I done?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (19th June 2017), Elen (20th June 2017), modwiz (19th June 2017), sandy (20th June 2017)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    For several days I have been feeling depressed, literally like a heavy curtain is hanging. It is just SOOO heavy that it is making me really tired. I decided I am addicted to the internet. It is literally wired into my basic neuro scheme that to hang out on line for hours is necessary.

I have some really deep dreams that I feel are vaild possibilities. One is that something just amazing and wonderful is just around the corner and that ACTION takes me exactly from possibility to a probability. The MORE I expect the miraculous, the MORE that is the case. Up until this time in my life, I was a bit wishy washy in practice of expectation.

I have been as curious about the dark side as anyone, that place that is full of fear and dread anxiety and gaunt haints. Thinking dark heavy thoughts is familiar. Just as possible IS thinking expectations of light and fluffy uplifted vistas of the mind. I know really KNOW that only my own practice will count in my "reality bubble/tunnel/realm"

Thinking about harsh and scornful banging the drum against (cabal, quackademiscs, false gurus and you name it) is IMO very stress inducing. The dreaded expectations do occurr yet there is always a new potential to mourn in advance and people actually always set new dates for the end. IMO what is seemingly dreamy pure impossibility is just one of MY thoughts away. I seriously doubt also that the dream OR NIGHTMARE can be held in form without ME. I perceive that my cup of tea is most delicious.

I hae spent too much time wading through the internet libraries. I think that is because I have been searching for confirmation of belief system somehow, just like everyone. It has never appeared. I think that is meaningful. What confirmation may I REALLY HAVE except evidence in my mundane 24/7/365. And what evidence have I received? I feel a growing pressure to put my mind to work FOR my dreams.

I have spent so much time in cyberspace and it has familiarity. The familiar gets way too comfortable even when one is still hungry no matter what was served. What I need is to put into practice the things I ever thought were valuable...think on the things that I value and detach from the mind field of the collective internet search.

People say the "New Age" meme is attempting to blanket in a love and light that is not real. But It IS just as real as its polar opposite. I think I sincerely value the FOCUS on this extreme as an antidote to being oppressed by miserable thoughts. I am sure I will see the fruits of the labor (and it ain't easy to keep one's attention only where one wants it to be. Try and try again.... will try again because I will that action)

Taking a retirement break, expecting to lose my compulsions to read and watch what the rest of a collective may value? Best wishes to all. Thanks for your good wishes. LOTS of LOVE to everyone, Maggie

This is the very first poem I ever saw by Rumi....

“Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come.”
    I absolutely understand what you are talking about.
    I'm reading your post as you have already unsubscribed, but I still wanted to respond to it.
    The road to the "truth" is just not something that can be easily digested all at once. There have been more than a few times I've had to step away from the internet and more importantly "what I've learned" in order to digest what I believe to be an often uncomfortable truth.
    True paradigm altering truths result in cognitive dissidence, and this is true for those who consider themselves quite seasoned in these areas.
    I would like to offer my own method for dealing with this, and that is, often when we discover something truly disturbing we can tend to dwell on it.
    My suggestion would be that once you have over come your cognitive dissidence, try and distance yourself and reach a place of detachment from this information and try not to let it linger often in your consciousness. Take care
    Last edited by DNA, 21st June 2017 at 01:34.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd June 2017), Aragorn (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (20th June 2017), Elen (20th June 2017), fourty-two (20th June 2017), modwiz (20th June 2017), sandy (20th June 2017), TargeT (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Chess is a war game. In this karmic walk, I am into war and have to resolve it. BTW, the object of chess is to crush your opponent, and according to such leading chess Grandmasters such as Bobby Fisher, the real object is to "crush your opponent's ego." The greatest war game is chess, so I play chess. It all fits.

DW mentioned that, in spite of all the 180 turns by Prez Gasbag, he had a dream, and DW puts a lot of stock in dreams, that showed DW working with the Prez in the future. So he must be a good guy...anyway, something to that effect.

I did a WTF?!? and rewound the tape to make sure I heard him right. So yeah, DW is apparently a Trump "alter-boy."

The world is a f**ked up place.
    Patience, i see them working together, time will show.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2017), Dreamtimer (23rd June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Feel you returning Maggie, this was a tough wave lol, shows how connected to mummy earth and father sky and the noosphere =, blessings

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd June 2017), Dreamtimer (23rd June 2017)