Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Living our values

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    I read Elizabeth Haich "Initiation" many many years ago, it had a most profound effect on me. It was like a "window in time" like no other, like I was there...I gave the book to my brother who locked himself up for 3 days, only surfacing for water, coffee and snacks. That book has bonded us ever since. I am glad you mentioned it here...
    When I read it years ago, I could not put it down either. I was there because I THINK she had been there and she transports the reader. That book mentions the different race that interbred with humans by the way and what happens when a being's reach for power exceeds the grasp of responsibility...effects reverberating for many lifetimes.....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (22nd May 2017), Aragorn (21st May 2017), Dreamtimer (21st May 2017), Elen (21st May 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    When I read it years ago, I could not put it down either. I was there because I THINK she had been there and she transports the reader. That book mentions the different race that interbred with humans by the way and what happens when a being's reach for power exceeds the grasp of responsibility...effects reverberating for many lifetimes.....
    Yes yes Maggie, I hope people pick up the book to give themselves an insight into what is possible or maybe impossible for people now...in any case it's a real treat...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Amanda (22nd May 2017), Aragorn (21st May 2017), Dreamtimer (21st May 2017), Maggie (22nd May 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Yes yes Maggie, I hope people pick up the book to give themselves an insight into what is possible or maybe impossible for people now...in any case it's a real treat...
    Here's a PDF link. It is such a great book IMO

Elisabeth Haich INITIATION

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (22nd May 2017), Aragorn (21st May 2017), Dreamtimer (21st May 2017), Elen (22nd May 2017), sandy (18th June 2017), ZShawn (22nd May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Another book to read for Homework. Thank You for the link Maggie. Hugs.

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2017), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2017), Elen (22nd May 2017), Maggie (30th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 295 Posts
    Boy, do I RELATE to this! I too am in the throes of being frozen out by a very large retail grocery firm (corporation). They have gone to the point of actually infringing on my civil rights. Your "reality tunnel" as you call it is attainable. We have a member whose internet handle is "Reality Creation". She is GREAT with helping to restructure thinking processes. Just know your "pain" (emotional reaction) is not one that should make you feel alone. There are others who know what you're experiencing. Gregg Braden says we're all "hardwired" to do (& BE) good, but societal forces oftentimes "misguide" us. BE you, for there's nothing wrong with being unique. God made us all that way. It's called diversity.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Amanda (31st May 2017), Aragorn (29th May 2017), Dreamtimer (29th May 2017), Elen (29th May 2017), Maggie (30th May 2017), Paloma (17th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 295 Posts
    See new post on p. 3, please. Thanks for bringing out some things of immense value.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gale Frierson For This Useful Post:

Amanda (31st May 2017), Aragorn (29th May 2017), Dreamtimer (29th May 2017), Elen (29th May 2017), Maggie (30th May 2017)

Thanks
    For several days I have been feeling depressed, literally like a heavy curtain is hanging. It is just SOOO heavy that it is making me really tired. I decided I am addicted to the internet. It is literally wired into my basic neuro scheme that to hang out on line for hours is necessary.

I have some really deep dreams that I feel are vaild possibilities. One is that something just amazing and wonderful is just around the corner and that ACTION takes me exactly from possibility to a probability. The MORE I expect the miraculous, the MORE that is the case. Up until this time in my life, I was a bit wishy washy in practice of expectation.

I have been as curious about the dark side as anyone, that place that is full of fear and dread anxiety and gaunt haints. Thinking dark heavy thoughts is familiar. Just as possible IS thinking expectations of light and fluffy uplifted vistas of the mind. I know really KNOW that only my own practice will count in my "reality bubble/tunnel/realm"

Thinking about harsh and scornful banging the drum against (cabal, quackademiscs, false gurus and you name it) is IMO very stress inducing. The dreaded expectations do occurr yet there is always a new potential to mourn in advance and people actually always set new dates for the end. IMO what is seemingly dreamy pure impossibility is just one of MY thoughts away. I seriously doubt also that the dream OR NIGHTMARE can be held in form without ME. I perceive that my cup of tea is most delicious.

I hae spent too much time wading through the internet libraries. I think that is because I have been searching for confirmation of belief system somehow, just like everyone. It has never appeared. I think that is meaningful. What confirmation may I REALLY HAVE except evidence in my mundane 24/7/365. And what evidence have I received? I feel a growing pressure to put my mind to work FOR my dreams.

I have spent so much time in cyberspace and it has familiarity. The familiar gets way too comfortable even when one is still hungry no matter what was served. What I need is to put into practice the things I ever thought were valuable...think on the things that I value and detach from the mind field of the collective internet search.

People say the "New Age" meme is attempting to blanket in a love and light that is not real. But It IS just as real as its polar opposite. I think I sincerely value the FOCUS on this extreme as an antidote to being oppressed by miserable thoughts. I am sure I will see the fruits of the labor (and it ain't easy to keep one's attention only where one wants it to be. Try and try again.... will try again because I will that action)

Taking a retirement break, expecting to lose my compulsions to read and watch what the rest of a collective may value? Best wishes to all. Thanks for your good wishes. LOTS of LOVE to everyone, Maggie

This is the very first poem I ever saw by Rumi....

“Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come.”
    Last edited by Maggie, 17th June 2017 at 07:03.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (17th June 2017), Aragorn (17th June 2017), DNA (20th June 2017), Dreamtimer (17th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th June 2017), Elen (17th June 2017), Melidae (17th June 2017), modwiz (17th June 2017), Paloma (17th June 2017), sandy (18th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    [...]

Taking a retirement break. Thanks for the good wishes. LOTS of LOVE to everyone, Maggie
    You will be missed, Maggie.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (17th June 2017), Dreamtimer (17th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th June 2017), Elen (17th June 2017), modwiz (17th June 2017), Paloma (17th June 2017), sandy (18th June 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Maggie, I don't think you're aware of HOW MUCH you are a part of us all now.

That should count for something?

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Amanda (17th June 2017), Aragorn (17th June 2017), Dreamtimer (17th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th June 2017), Paloma (17th June 2017), sandy (18th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    You've been a wonderful member here, Maggie. I'm all for putting your dreams into action. The positive ones, for sure. I believe you'll do it.

Every day we manifest into reality what we've dreamt. It sounds like it's time to go out and do some manifesting.

I spend time here and online when perhaps I should be doing other things. But I've never thought it's wasted time because I'm pursuing ideas and knowledge that I never had access to before. As I learn, then I act.

So may you go forth and spread beauty in the world and come back and give us an update.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Amanda (17th June 2017), Aragorn (17th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th June 2017), Elen (17th June 2017), Paloma (17th June 2017), sandy (18th June 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Much Respect & Much Peace Maggie. Follow Your heart and find fulfillment. Huge cyber hugs ....

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th June 2017), Dreamtimer (18th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th June 2017), Paloma (17th June 2017), sandy (18th June 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Up Up and away Maggie..........good on YOU for sstepping forward to gather even more gnosis experience....

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2017), Dreamtimer (18th June 2017), Dumpster Diver (18th June 2017), Elen (18th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    For several days I have been feeling depressed, literally like a heavy curtain is hanging. It is just SOOO heavy that it is making me really tired. I decided I am addicted to the internet. It is literally wired into my basic neuro scheme that to hang out on line for hours is necessary.

I have some really deep dreams that I feel are vaild possibilities. One is that something just amazing and wonderful is just around the corner and that ACTION takes me exactly from possibility to a probability. The MORE I expect the miraculous, the MORE that is the case. Up until this time in my life, I was a bit wishy washy in practice of expectation.

I have been as curious about the dark side as anyone, that place that is full of fear and dread anxiety and gaunt haints. Thinking dark heavy thoughts is familiar. Just as possible IS thinking expectations of light and fluffy uplifted vistas of the mind. I know really KNOW that only my own practice will count in my "reality bubble/tunnel/realm"

Thinking about harsh and scornful banging the drum against (cabal, quackademiscs, false gurus and you name it) is IMO very stress inducing. The dreaded expectations do occurr yet there is always a new potential to mourn in advance and people actually always set new dates for the end. IMO what is seemingly dreamy pure impossibility is just one of MY thoughts away. I seriously doubt also that the dream OR NIGHTMARE can be held in form without ME. I perceive that my cup of tea is most delicious.

I hae spent too much time wading through the internet libraries. I think that is because I have been searching for confirmation of belief system somehow, just like everyone. It has never appeared. I think that is meaningful. What confirmation may I REALLY HAVE except evidence in my mundane 24/7/365. And what evidence have I received? I feel a growing pressure to put my mind to work FOR my dreams.

I have spent so much time in cyberspace and it has familiarity. The familiar gets way too comfortable even when one is still hungry no matter what was served. What I need is to put into practice the things I ever thought were valuable...think on the things that I value and detach from the mind field of the collective internet search.

People say the "New Age" meme is attempting to blanket in a love and light that is not real. But It IS just as real as its polar opposite. I think I sincerely value the FOCUS on this extreme as an antidote to being oppressed by miserable thoughts. I am sure I will see the fruits of the labor (and it ain't easy to keep one's attention only where one wants it to be. Try and try again.... will try again because I will that action)

Taking a retirement break, expecting to lose my compulsions to read and watch what the rest of a collective may value? Best wishes to all. Thanks for your good wishes. LOTS of LOVE to everyone, Maggie

This is the very first poem I ever saw by Rumi....

“Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come.”
    Thanks for this post. It sums up what I think on occasion, I get away from the inter-web for a few days...and then I get sucked back in. As I run an internet chess team, too hard to stay away completely.

Give up chess? Thought about it. It's a war game after all. Maybe the coming sun flare(s) will fry all the electronics and make me interact with real 3D people again. Thus I build a paper library in the basement of my house...

...ok, back to my web crack-pipe.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2017), Dreamtimer (18th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Have you played any of the older versions of chess? (Sorry, I'm not a chess player)

They say the world's leaders play chess, but Trump is playing checkers.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Have you played any of the older versions of chess? (Sorry, I'm not a chess player)

They say the world's leaders play chess, but Trump is playing checkers.
    Older versions? The "version" played today is pretty darned old as the current "version" of chess was finally set in the early 1800s with the stalemates rules:

from wikipedia:

1200–1700: Origins of the modern game

Around 1200, the rules of shatranj started to be modified in southern Europe, and around 1475, several major changes made the game essentially as it is known today. These modern rules for the basic moves had been adopted in Italy and Spain. Pawns gained the option of advancing two squares on their first move, while bishops and queens acquired their modern abilities. The queen replaced the earlier vizier chess piece towards the end of the 10th century and by the 15th century had become the most powerful piece; consequently modern chess was referred to as "Queen's Chess" or "Mad Queen Chess". Castling, derived from the "kings leap" usually in combination with a pawn or rook move to bring the king to safety, was introduced. These new rules quickly spread throughout western Europe. The rules concerning stalemate were finalized in the early 19th century. Also in the 19th century, the convention that White moves first was established (formerly either White or Black could move first). Finally the rules around castling were standardized – variations in the castling rules had persisted in Italy until the late 19th century. The resulting standard game is sometimes referred to as Western chess or international chess, particularly in Asia where other games of the chess family such as xiangqi are prevalent. Since the 19th century, the only rule changes have been technical in nature, for example establishing the correct procedure for claiming a draw by repetition.

Writings about the theory of how to play chess began to appear in the 15th century. The Repetición de Amores y Arte de Ajedrez (Repetition of Love and the Art of Playing Chess) by Spanish churchman Luis Ramirez de Lucena was published in Salamanca in 1497. Lucena and later masters like Portuguese Pedro Damiano, Italians Giovanni Leonardo Di Bona, Giulio Cesare Polerio and Gioachino Greco, and Spanish bishop Ruy López de Segura developed elements of openings and started to analyze simple endgames.

1700–1873: The Romantic Era in Chess

The romantic era was characterized by opening gambits (sacrificing pawns or even pieces), daring attacks, and brazen sacrifices. Many elaborate and beautiful but unsound move sequences called "combinations" were played by the masters of the time. The game was played more for art than theory. A profound belief that chess merit resided in the players' genius rather than inherent in the position on the board pervaded chess practice.

In the 18th century, the center of European chess life moved from the Southern European countries to France. The two most important French masters were François-André Danican Philidor, a musician by profession, who discovered the importance of pawns for chess strategy, and later Louis-Charles Mahé de La Bourdonnais, who won a famous series of matches with the Irish master Alexander McDonnell in 1834. Centers of chess activity in this period were coffee houses in big European cities like Café de la Régence in Paris and Simpson's Divan in London.

As the 19th century progressed, chess organization developed quickly. Many chess clubs, chess books, and chess journals appeared. There were correspondence matches between cities; for example, the London Chess Club played against the Edinburgh Chess Club in 1824. Chess problems became a regular part of 19th-century newspapers; Bernhard Horwitz, Josef Kling, and Samuel Loyd composed some of the most influential problems. In 1843, von der Lasa published his and Bilguer's Handbuch des Schachspiels (Handbook of Chess), the first comprehensive manual of chess theory.

The first modern chess tournament was organized by Howard Staunton, a leading English chess player, and was held in London in 1851. It was won by the German Adolf Anderssen, who was hailed as the leading chess master. His brilliant, energetic attacking style was typical for the time. Sparkling games like Anderssen's Immortal game and Evergreen game or Morphy's Opera game were regarded as the highest possible summit of the chess art.

Deeper insight into the nature of chess came with two younger players. American Paul Morphy, an extraordinary chess prodigy, won against all important competitors (except Howard Staunton, who refused to play), including Anderssen, during his short chess career between 1857 and 1863. Morphy's success stemmed from a combination of brilliant attacks and sound strategy; he intuitively knew how to prepare attacks.

-----

As to Trump playing checkers while others are playing chess: I dunno, getting both sides of this. Personally I've always disliked Trump. But with DW and others saying he might be the "savior" of the US...well...ok...maybe we deserve that.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th June 2017), Dreamtimer (18th June 2017)