Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Living our values

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Have a lovely trip Maggie and thanks for reminding me of Ylvis, takes me right back to Norway. This video is a lot of nonsense and who has to be serious all the time?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Amanda (18th May 2017), Aragorn (17th May 2017), Dreamtimer (17th May 2017), Maggie (17th May 2017), modwiz (17th May 2017), TargeT (17th May 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    TargeT - The book refers to Upper Back = Lack of emotional support. Feeling unloved. Holding back love.
    yea, that would fit...

I'm still hoping for accident though, that seems easier to fix.... haha

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Amanda (18th May 2017), Aragorn (17th May 2017), Dreamtimer (17th May 2017), Elen (17th May 2017), Maggie (18th May 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Ylvis! What does the fox say?

Intelevator. That's funny.

OMG, Maggie.

You might be a megalithomaniac if...

Very funny.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Amanda (18th May 2017), Aragorn (17th May 2017), Elen (17th May 2017), Maggie (18th May 2017), TargeT (17th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Red is supposed to make you thirsty, eh? I don't like to go into places with a lot of red. Target is a store like that. Red everywhere. It's really irritating.

Walmart uses more blues, which normally I would like.

However, Walmarts are hazardous to shop in. Shelves are falling down, stuff is on the floor you could trip on, labels on shelves don't match the items, I don't go there unless I have no choice.

Do stores still spray scents in aisles to get shoppers to buy stuff, I wonder?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Amanda (18th May 2017), Aragorn (17th May 2017), Elen (17th May 2017), Maggie (18th May 2017), TargeT (17th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    I think there may be humorous cards to create and beautiful pictures to describe as cards to collect and mail?

I googled Megalithomaniac jokes and found nothing.....

My first joke:
    "You know you are a megalithomaniac IF"

Female

You rate penises like standing stones: column, pillar, monolith, menhir, monument

male

You compare girls by their resemblance to Venus of Willendorf
    Interesting comparison
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (18th May 2017), Aragorn (18th May 2017), Dreamtimer (18th May 2017), Elen (18th May 2017), Maggie (18th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    ZShawn - The Venus of Willendorf within the large photographs above has definite features, such as her arms and hands across her breasts and a definite vagina - but - not a single facial feature. Thus the comparisons to the Human Brain are not out of the realms of plausible ....

Much Respect - Amanda

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2017), Dreamtimer (18th May 2017), Elen (18th May 2017), Maggie (18th May 2017), ZShawn (20th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    You might be a megalthomaniac if the first thing you do online is look for videos about ancient technology.

I love technology more than I love anything else.
    I love thinking about systems and how they can be implemented on GRAND scales.

However I am very right brained so I cannot "deal" with machinery or even putting things that are in boxes together.

I havve two big boxes to unpack.
    They are a massage chair and a table.
    I'll just have to see what's there to put together sigh.

Really I am guilty of being someone who wants everything just to happen without needing to "work" on it.
    Sometimes I get so much support in being lazy that it reinforces me.

Two days ago I visited Estella at her new agey gift shop.
    My intention was to ask about offering free massage to get my hands on comfort again.
    BUT Estella is the answer to a prayer I was almost shy to offer.

Her friend who was offering chair massage has moved.
    She wants me to leap and ask for $25.00 for 15 minutes starting to morrow.
    She will keep 20% plus any credit card fees.

That seems very fair and THEN I sought a massage chair.
    Craigslist had an ad for a store that offers great deals.
    I drove there today and bought a very decent chair for only $50.00
    And I bought a TABLE for $70 (mine is old and rickety)
    I found polyester sleeves and paper ones for the face cradle.

My truck drove mavvelously two hours away to Duluth.
    I stopped for directions when google maps confused me in the seeming middle of nowhere.
    Right at a crossroad sat a super lovely coffee shop where I tanked up on coffee and took a "Green Goddess" sandwich to go

The recipe is whole wheat bread spread with half cream cheese and mayo.
    Guacamole with cucumbers and green tomato and sprouts.

I made some signs (not, work more like coloring)
    So REALLY my values are being reinforced in that all this activity does not feel onerous.
    I am really chuffed and revving up to like screwdrivers.
    Last edited by Maggie, 19th May 2017 at 22:44.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (20th May 2017), Aragorn (20th May 2017), Dreamtimer (19th May 2017), Elen (20th May 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by ZShawn View Post
    Interesting comparison
    It must mean something and reminds me of this analogy in pictograph.

Egyptian Festival of the “Day of Counting the Parts of the Eye of Heru” is on February 21st

The Eye of Horus (originally the Eye of Ra) is an ancient Egyptian symbol of restoration, sacrifice, protection and power, from the god Horus or Ra. The eye is divided into 6 parts, representing the shattering of Horus’ eye in one of many battles with Seth to avenge the murder of Osiris. Each shape was actually used in hieroglyphs as a notation of the fractional parts. These parts correspond with the 6 senses and a particular fraction – Touch (1/64) , Taste (1/32), Hearing (1/16), Thought (1/8), Sight (1/4) and Smell (1/2). These are the 6 parts of the “eye.” The eye is the receptor of “input.” It has these six doors in which to receive data. The mathematical divisions are also attributed to the lunar phases.

Now, as far as “counting” the parts, we can see it in many different ways. All of these parts were needed for the Egyptian God Thoth to reconstruct the eye, however, if we add up all of the fractions we get 63/64. There is still a missing piece that is needed. Some say this implies that if something is broken, it can never be restored fully.

Nothing is perfect and therefore, we should not strive for perfection. Another way of seeing this is that the last needed component would have to be magic. Maybe we cannot reach perfection, but with the help of magic, we can restore our body, mind and spirit. Thus, if we use the divine energy from the universe, our own will and all 6 of our senses to help piece things together, we too can become whole. Of course, there is so much more to take from this day than just this, including aspects of sacred geometry.

However, taking this all into consideration is a good starting point, especially in these times of reflection and innovation. May you use your own wisdom and insight to see the true meaning in the day of “Counting the Parts of the Eye of Heru.”https://www.eyeofhorus.biz/info/grim...ing-the-parts/
    I also cannot help but think about the separation and "scattering" of our senses. IF we once had 360 senses and spherical vision, how can we restore them? I bet its by/ in using our "inner eyes"

The eye of Horus is also a representation of the the thalamus.

The thalamus, hypothalamus, and pineal glands are part of a large structure called the diencephalon which roughly translates to "interbrain". ... The thalamus also relays sensory signals from the body to the brain for processing. It's also involved in gating and normalizing sensory input and motor output." (from the google page that is undre "People Also Ask")
    We have noted in so many places that the union of the right and left brains seems to be the chore for the human being to then have Genius. Associated With Genius is literally a differenty way to sense reality like synestheia

For Duke Ellington, a D note looked like dark blue burlap while a G was light blue satin. When Pharrell Williams listened to Earth, Wind & Fire as a kid, he saw burgundy or baby blue. For Kanye West, pianos are blue, snares are white, and basslines are dark brown and purple. Orange is a big one for Frank Ocean.

All of these artists—along with Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Mary J. Blige, Blood Orange's Dev Hynes, and more—have synesthesia, a condition in which a person's senses are joined. They hear a certain timbre or musical note and see a color, or smell a perfume and hear a sound, or see a word and taste a flavor. According to Carol Steen, the co-founder of the American Synesthesia Association, there are more than 60 permutations of synesthesia, and recent studies have suggested around 4% of us have it in some form. But while it may seem like tons of musicians are trying to associate themselves with synesthesia nowadays—Steen says she's heard rumors about Beyoncé having it, though "she hasn't been vetted yet so I don't know for sure"—the condition wasn't always seen as an express route to creative genius. (Philosopher John Locke was writing about combined senses as early as the 17th century, though the term "synesthesia" wasn't coined until the mid-1800s.) Until about 20 years ago, many synesthetes were uncomfortable sharing their curious gifts with the rest of the world.

Steen, who is also visual artist and teaches at Touro College in New York, remembers feeling ostracized by other kids when she realized she had synesthesia at age seven, and though her father also had it, he never told anyone. The way she talks about it reminds me of the plight of every comic book superhero—for every person who marvels at Professor X, there are many more who are frightened by his otherworldly abilities. And for a while, there was no concrete way to scientifically study synesthesia because scientists couldn't prove it was real.

There were other reasons why artists would want to hide it, too. "People were very afraid to admit they had it because they didn't want people to think that this special gift was the sole basis for their talent," says Steen. "They'd think, 'If I tell people that I have this gift, maybe they’ll think that all the practicing I’ve done doesn't mean anything.'http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/229-wh...em-to-have-it/"
    And mystics also transcend the limited senses and also those taking entheogens (DMT) are inspired to apprehend new perceptions.

‘Where the skull divides there lies the Gate of God.-The Taittireeya Upanishad

The history of the world is profoundly scattered with elements of mystical enlightenment and all the wonderful symbolism that surrounds them. From ‘cosmic precession’ and ‘ley lines’ to crystals and “magic mushrooms” – there is a whole range of different theories, which endeavour to explain the unusual effects.
    However, there is one paramount and unique portion of this folklore which is utilised by all of them and held up as being the most important aspect of the human mystical experience. As Philip Gardiner and I have shown in our books, The Serpent Grail and The Shining Ones, something of importance is being referred to in the myths and legends associated with the Grail and this “something” exists in the head, or rather the brain. Those readers, who are familiar with “new-age” literature and its various concepts, would say that this “something” must be the pineal gland.
    Is the pineal gland, the ‘seed,’ the Philosopher’s Stone? . . The Philosopher’s Egg?
    For those readers who were already under the impression that this “seed-stone” or “egg” is the pineal, it would be a logical conclusion to make.
    As to what the esoteric function of the pineal might be, there have been thousands of explanations – from the far-fetched idea of the pineal being an “alien implant” to the equally “new-age” idea of the pineal being a “cosmic communication device”. However, after everything we have looked at during the course of our research, it is only now that we are truly able to see the real significance in this peculiar biological device – something the ancient cultures we know of may have also noticed, or the knowledge of which had been passed onto them in the form of analogy, metaphor and symbolism.The Gate of God, by Gary Osborn.
    Last edited by Maggie, 19th May 2017 at 23:17.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (20th May 2017), Aragorn (20th May 2017), Elen (20th May 2017), TargeT (20th May 2017), ZShawn (20th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Maggie et al - What an insightful post about the 'Egyptian Eye' and our 'Senses' - areas of which I have read and possess some knowledge. Am well aware of the 'eye' actually representing a part of our Human Brain and it no longer confounds me that Sodium Fluoride heads straight to the Pineal Gland. Such an important and integral component of our brain. The part of our Human Brain that actually permits us to think Laterally, Critically, Creatively/Divergently. It is little wonder that during its first use during the Nazi Regime, that it was referred to as having a 'dumbing down' effect and that is so apparent today. Even the telltale yellow staining on the teeth of Students/Children alerts me to the fact they have been overexposed to Sodium Fluoride and from personal experience, they always need extra support.

It comes as no surprise that long before we, as a collective community, became knowing and developed an understanding of why and how our brains work and that they have been stifled and systematically poisoned - at least we now know the truth. When I am working with Students I love showing them large paged science books with illustrations and explaining a little about how their brains work. Every Student/Child has always showed great interest. To me it makes sense, if I am to Teach them about how to read and write properly - then Teaching them how their brain processes information is a very relevant area of knowledge.

Another relevant item of knowledge that ties in with the information and evidence of the 'Egyptian Eye' is that our intellect also contains three major elements. We are all Visual and Audic and Kinesthetic. We all possess all three qualities but one will dominate. That is why when speaking with some people - they maintain eye contact and another person may bow their head and stand/sit with their ear in the direction of your speech and yet another person will have to touch you on the arm or shake your hand or embrace you. The three areas reflect our personality and also our learning style. I sometimes wonder whether we can heal our physical Human Body/Vessel and unite all three aspects so that we can live a more fulfilling life. Just my thoughts.

Maggie - Fabulous to learn that your moves forward are offering you what you seek. I am so very pleased for You. Keep motivated but I expect you will already be doing that ....

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th May 2017), Dreamtimer (20th May 2017), Elen (20th May 2017), TargeT (20th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    it all means very much....so much hidden away.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Amanda (21st May 2017), Aragorn (20th May 2017), Dreamtimer (20th May 2017), Elen (20th May 2017), TargeT (20th May 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Another relevant item of knowledge that ties in with the information and evidence of the 'Egyptian Eye' is that our intellect also contains three major elements. We are all Visual and Audic and Kinesthetic. We all possess all three qualities but one will dominate. That is why when speaking with some people - they maintain eye contact and another person may bow their head and stand/sit with their ear in the direction of your speech and yet another person will have to touch you on the arm or shake your hand or embrace you. The three areas reflect our personality and also our learning style. I sometimes wonder whether we can heal our physical Human Body/Vessel and unite all three aspects so that we can live a more fulfilling life. Just my thoughts.
    Thanks Amanda. I just KNOW we all will sometime, someplace. IMO the question I ask is why not now? It reminds me of what Carolyn Mace asked in an early book, why do we NOT heal and stay healed? The simple way i see it at this time is that its just not part of that person's present curriculum. Maybe "health" is over rated (by me and others) and I just cannot see the point for carrying the illness. It is certainly NOT a sign of failure as a being. Still I have judged myself and others, thinking "we SHOULD all be healthy".

One of my teachers by book is a Magician Franz Bardon. He was fat and he had issues with pancreatitis. Bacon was a provoking food. He knew that very well. He knew his body could not have bacon or it might kill him. After the Second WW, he was imprisoned by the Stalinists and tortured. It is suggested they were trying to obtain secrets he knew that must be kept secret. He asked his wife to bring him a bacon sandwich. With a painful attack, his pancreas quit and he died.

I heard some Frater types being present day critics and subtley snarky, saying he might have been a great Magician and Sage and Wizard and Alchemist BUT was not "perfect" because look, he died eating a bacon sandwich. Fat man dies eating bacon sandwich.

Franz Bardon would laugh at them laughing as he had a great sense of humor.
    There is just no way to judge others and also, not needing to compare, we COULD have health when it suits the purposes we hold or NOT.
    This individuality of expression and the unique desires THEREFORE MUST by my logic have a space to express.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (21st May 2017), Aragorn (20th May 2017), Dreamtimer (20th May 2017), Elen (20th May 2017), TargeT (20th May 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    ABSOLUTELY Maggie... being observant without judgement is a great way to learn. So many things remain hidden with presumptions, and when things reveal themselves...then...WAIT...there is more...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Amanda (21st May 2017), Aragorn (20th May 2017), Dreamtimer (20th May 2017), Maggie (20th May 2017), TargeT (20th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    ZShawn - Wow just wow. Thanks for sharing yet more information and evidence to link the 'Venus of Willendorf' images to the Human Brain. I wonder whether Animal Brains have a similar construction - well at least some Animals??

Maggie - I understand completely your comments and what an excellent example of the person who suffered an intolerance to bacon. Hmmm... I am now pondering thoughts of whether we as Humans need to eat meat at all? Perhaps we developed/evolved a predisposition for meat by force rather than by natural processes. Not that I practice it but some magic/magik practices involve the eating of sacrifices. I won't go into detail. I never liked meat as a Child and over the years I have quite simply become disinterested in meat. I do not think I am unhealthier for not eating meat.

Your comments about being healthy are valid. I understand your mode of thinking. Ill health may provide us with a learning experience or provide an experience to develop true and proper empathy for those who are ill and live with insufferable pain. Being ill also allows us to learn about our Human Vessel, as some people call it and I for one can attest to that theory.

Elen - In terms of ...Wait there is more .... That comment truly sums up my journey here on this planet. As a Child I used to think that life would become easier as I worked things out, found answers et cetera. Gee whiz was I wrong about that - the more I seek answers and the more I engage in life - the more I learn. I have seen people who have stopped learning and who have stopped asking questions and they always come across as sad.

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda
    Last edited by Amanda, 22nd May 2017 at 01:43. Reason: Grammar

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st May 2017), Elen (21st May 2017), TargeT (21st May 2017), ZShawn (22nd May 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    ABSOLUTELY Maggie... being observant without judgement is a great way to learn. So many things remain hidden with presumptions, and when things reveal themselves...then...WAIT...there is more...
    Elen and Amanda, Zshawn and Dreantimer and Modwiz and all, I love the conversation.

I gave three massages today. The third time I felt I did relax and flow with healing energy that is all around.

I sat and read most of this afternoon outside "Silk Road traveller", listening to people talk as they went by and the wind chimes.

Estella's shop is beautiful, full of great smells and crystals and oriental gifts, jewelry, cloths: new agey ware. I am not listening to all the disparaging in the alt waves about "new age". The new age is a style and like any other looks attractive or not. The new age bookshop/gift emprium has incense and special oils and books like Elizabeth Haich "Initiation". I wish there were more and more places that give access to talking of angels and the Masters. WE bring ourselves to it. The multidimensional way is that the "SCENE" might look superficial until we penetrate go deeper with what we know and bring to the style.

There is religion and alternative philosophy and you can choose these symbols from "The luxury there": This tinkling, graceful, fluffed brightly lit kind of style in whatever way you like is a frequency. This frequency is enjoyable to me. I value the "accoutrements" I looked at and smelled today. I bought incense to bring home that is "Indian Temple" scent. The smell of temples is not just for one "somewhere else" place in the new age. Mix everything all up and have fun making a new spiritual pattern. IMO this is what I really value for me.

The spiritual pattern can either help us expand or contract. This will be tried out in life. We can create our own all the way to heaven or descent to the pits of hell (and all in betweens). The spiritual pattern is like a template we flow into to create our mundane reality. The pattern we create always steps down into our perceived environment (inner and outer)

I was reading about Qi today and we know that the Qi we can experience is not THE Qi. The book talks about Qi as the impetus of all movement. It gives life, all life is moving. Qi can be felt as heat but is not the heat. It can be likened to water or wind or fire but is not these manifestations. The step down of Qi is necessarily dualistic. So we encounter the way the inate energy moves into polarity. It circulates in patterns that imprint our 3D days and nights.

I was thinking about how IMPORTANT it is to me to know I am responsible for the pole I choose to express. Why would I choose to feel any way but satisfied? THAT is IMO the most important question to ask oneself. IMO we always shoot our own foot. When you think the shooter is someone or some thing else, you see a demon appear.

IMO the only demons are our dissatisfied longings and guilt at past actions and the guns we use to shoot our feet. The demons look frightening as Hell and look objective but the new age idea is that they all are just Maya. Of course the good we see is too. If demons are Maya they call us to change the way they appear.

I am grateful that we can learn the mechanics of refining the patterns we create. From the vantage point of lifting to patterns, the flow through of life force can be reframed.
    Last edited by Maggie, 21st May 2017 at 03:10.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (22nd May 2017), Aragorn (21st May 2017), Elen (21st May 2017), sandy (21st May 2017), TargeT (21st May 2017), ZShawn (22nd May 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    I read Elizabeth Haich "Initiation" many many years ago, it had a most profound effect on me. It was like a "window in time" like no other, like I was there...I gave the book to my brother who locked himself up for 3 days, only surfacing for water, coffee and snacks. That book has bonded us ever since. I am glad you mentioned it here...

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Amanda (22nd May 2017), Aragorn (21st May 2017), Maggie (21st May 2017), TargeT (21st May 2017), ZShawn (22nd May 2017)