Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Living our values

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Values will definitely get discussed on my livestream getting ready to go live in a few minutes.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (8th May 2017), Dreamtimer (8th May 2017), Elen (8th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I streamed for 20 minutes. 3 people were there briefly and left. No chat. I ended it. I will keep working at making it better. Once things are smooth, then I will assess whether I am providing any value.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (8th May 2017), Dreamtimer (8th May 2017), Elen (8th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (8th May 2017), TargeT (8th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Hi Modwiz,

sorry, I'll try to watch some of your stuff. I've actually been kind of busy for a few days... I'm sure there is plenty of value.

NAP

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (8th May 2017), Dreamtimer (8th May 2017), Elen (8th May 2017), Maggie (8th May 2017), modwiz (8th May 2017), TargeT (8th May 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    was movie night for my fam.. other wise I woulda been there.... yet the night is still young

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (8th May 2017), Dreamtimer (8th May 2017), Elen (8th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    here we are, contracted beings....compressed into a mortal shell, yet we are infinitely expansive at our source, our essence, which creates many contradictions.
    when we become aware of our true nature as immortal, divine essence this conflicts with the economic game we are all enmeshed in
    since, a divine being will do things for the love of it, not for consideration....which is tough to pay the rent with
    so, what then?
    continue to play mercenary or whore and submit a bill for each and every labor and task for the exchange of coupons and continue as slaves working with slave scrip?
    small wonder that as a species we are still so caught in the trap of the current economic narrative.
    duality, expansion vs. contraction...... UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) the fundamental basis of the trade agreements of the globe which enforces contract law, fitting for contracted beings with a contracted awareness
    however
    very far (180 degrees) from the ideal of expansive consciousness where love is the consideration, unconditional.
    as soon as one begins to think of gain for any actions performed for anyone, then one has entered into the jurisdiction of contracts which is completely monopolized and dominated by the money guild, which one is then operating as a subsidiary of with fees and taxes due for each and every transaction......
    what to do with such a conundrum...
    as always ....love is the answer

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZShawn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (9th May 2017), Dreamtimer (9th May 2017), Elen (9th May 2017), Maggie (9th May 2017), modwiz (9th May 2017), TargeT (9th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Love is the only thing capable of turning an enemy into a Friend.

Maggie - You have provided us with a very inspiring thread. I crave and love love love intellectual discourse. Have made a note of all the video links - so you et al have provided me with more homework.

You Maggie took the bold and brave step of moving out of a controlled atmosphere/location/situation into one of your own making - Good for You. I too have made those moves several times in my life. The first steps can be tentative but strength comes in time, at least in my humble opinion.

My life is now shaped by doing what was right (in 2011). It was morally right and lawfully right and I was slammed from every direction. The destruction of my life told me that I was on the right path. When comfort is available and another less comfortable option is available - the choice a person makes will impact on all they do and say. I have seen many many many people live in abject comfort, never wanting for anything but being completely asleep and unaware that their lives are devoid of purpose.

I imagine that is why people on their deathbed consider their regrets - all the things that they did not do. All the things they did not say. When life provides difficult decisions it is the Universe providing an opportunity. How people respond is a reflection of where they are with regard to their own development/evolution/personal life journey.

Good for You Maggie. Keep moving in the direction you know you need to embrace and not the one that others tell you to embrace. Your life is yours to live and yours to experience. I am sure you already this but so many do not. Stay strong. What's the adage? The Road Less Travelled ....

Much Respect & Much Peace - Amanda

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Aragorn (11th May 2017), Dreamtimer (12th May 2017), Elen (12th May 2017), modwiz (12th May 2017), TargeT (12th May 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Love is the only thing capable of turning an enemy into a Friend.

Maggie - You have provided us with a very inspiring thread. I crave and love love love intellectual discourse. Have made a note of all the video links - so you et al have provided me with more homework.

You Maggie took the bold and brave step of moving out of a controlled atmosphere/location/situation into one of your own making - Good for You. I too have made those moves several times in my life. The first steps can be tentative but strength comes in time, at least in my humble opinion.

My life is now shaped by doing what was right (in 2011). It was morally right and lawfully right and I was slammed from every direction. The destruction of my life told me that I was on the right path. When comfort is available and another less comfortable option is available - the choice a person makes will impact on all they do and say. I have seen many many many people live in abject comfort, never wanting for anything but being completely asleep and unaware that their lives are devoid of purpose.

I imagine that is why people on their deathbed consider their regrets - all the things that they did not do. All the things they did not say. When life provides difficult decisions it is the Universe providing an opportunity. How people respond is a reflection of where they are with regard to their own development/evolution/personal life journey.

Good for You Maggie. Keep moving in the direction you know you need to embrace and not the one that others tell you to embrace. Your life is yours to live and yours to experience. I am sure you already this but so many do not. Stay strong. What's the adage? The Road Less Travelled ....

Thanks very MUCH Amanda.

From what I see of your sharings, you felt a passion for your convictions, your ideals and IMO that is why to step out of your comfort Zone was the ONLY choice.

I THINK that we can support each other by witnessing with honor the way each of us is wrestling with "wear and tear" of our heart on earth. I cannot help but think that it is superficial to say "nothing matters so much as that you feel good".

It is more like it matters to "feel deep". It matters to FEEL with all your being. IMO FEELING will sometimes hurt in a good way so don't stuff the Feelings. It might have layers like rage and grief to unravel.

I think we have been numbed down to a nub by the illusions we embrace. People are trying really hard to keep a cohesive matrix of agreement. I see that to live a passionate LIFE could appear to be so individually weird that there MUST be a built variety of parallel EARTH space for each to have the road we choose to travel. That is what I think we can have from a 5D perspective. And we can get there through unraveling the feelings all to resolve into Love.

Unraveling takes feeling comfortable in one's own space. That takes being real to oneself. That takes some really uncomfortable departures. THAT means we need the awareness of Presence to venture out.......... IMO from my vantage point.
    Last edited by Maggie, 12th May 2017 at 21:33.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (13th May 2017), Aragorn (12th May 2017), Dreamtimer (12th May 2017), Elen (13th May 2017), modwiz (13th May 2017), sandy (13th May 2017), TargeT (12th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Your opinions are very valid and make perfect sense. When we learn that we are not here to make money - pay taxes - then die, only then can people appreciate all the choices we have all around us. The key word here is 'US' and 'WE' and remembering that our global community includes everyone and every animal and all of our ecology. We are making our way to a better place. I see it from my vantage point and I know the day is coming when people are going to start looking deeply and critically at their lives.

Stay strong Maggie - when making big decisions there will be, as you state: Layers to traverse and those layers will undoubtedly include pain and grief but the feelings of being honest with self - far outweigh the negative.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Aragorn (13th May 2017), Dreamtimer (13th May 2017), Elen (13th May 2017), modwiz (13th May 2017), sandy (13th May 2017)

Thanks
    Your opinions are very valid and make perfect sense. When we learn that we are not here to make money - pay taxes - then die, only then can people appreciate all the choices we have all around us. The key word here is 'US' and 'WE' and remembering that our global community includes everyone and every animal and all of our ecology. We are making our way to a better place. I see it from my vantage point and I know the day is coming when people are going to start looking deeply and critically at their lives.

Stay strong Maggie - when making big decisions there will be, as you state: Layers to traverse and those layers will undoubtedly include pain and grief but the feelings of being honest with self - far outweigh the negative.

The blending of mind and heart is one of the Ideals that draws me.

A few years ago in my obstinate way, I was very singular about the "mind as creator" of our experience. I was singular that "suffering" should not be necessary. But OOO I was suffering...like in a deep black soul night. It did not make sense to me at that time that IF mind creates, MY mind was seeming to have stalled. Though a friend noted that I am able, in a crisis especially, to manifest well in my favor, I was miserable.

I was very broke and took the job at the grocery. That was winter and I was barely able to buy food. One day in the spring, I found an amazing Chinese "Swan" brand goose down coat in perfect shape for $10.00 and it really was a stretch to buy it. That coat has been so wonderful. Over time since I started working at that grocery I "got better". It had a lot to do with feeling trust that all IS well. I have no idea of the step by step process where I learned about TRUST. I cannot look back and say what happened EXCEPT:

The issue was that I was very tense and what FEELING I had in my body was pain...the rest I was not able to feel at all. My low back was hurting constantly. That led me to look at emotional cause of pain...very well documented and also muscles becoming knotted by inability to relax fully.

I took myself far out on a limb of the MIND. Now I am crawling back to the trunk that is the Body SENSE and how my body giove me feedback. I was not in tune with the body and this is also a layered unraveling. The back pain is almost never an issue. I can so much more easily feel the body signals. The sense of Presence is coming through my body. My emotions are less rigidly fixed. I have not really learned to cry yet...still flip to anger but HEY I am slowly tuning.....

This relaxation into the body and DOWN into the Presence is a healing path that is helping me. I am not sure WHY but the Presence is BELOW the threshold of feeling in some way for me. I think that Inelia Benz was never wrong in her assertion that the body is actually a being itself in which "I" co-exist. I value her and many "theorists" who consider themselves alt experts are IMO suffering from being completely unacquainted with this being. They may be just a mind floating in a numb "matrix"...unknown to them the ground of being they inhabit feels what it feels and asks for healing and a relationship. The Signal that gets through is when the pain is intense enough. And yet we "soldier" on for some greater reason.

So I am seeing "I" am here in a singular life and also Presence and also a "body being" all working together. Seeking the FEELING of working together made me long for a "tribe" but I need to start in my own skin. Projections of "lack" of some kind are better rolled back to my own need. Also if the large picture is asking for integrity, I know I have just scratched that as a surface. Not moved yet far into knowing how to feel, integrity is only valued as an abstract something. Also something like beauty is not quite innerstood. Truth and all that I search to establish is barely GROUNDED by how I really feel as a body living on a planet with multi-dimensional INTEGRIZED knowing.

The mind Abstracted can lead us astray. It cannot just be about the "mind". Also NOW I am valuing suffering BE Cause it is the loudest clearest communication from my own dear body. It is just that I need to learn the language of her heart and her very real mind. When "I am" (SELF) in touch with "my self" the communion can lead easily to effortless beauty.
    Last edited by Maggie, 13th May 2017 at 02:59.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (14th May 2017), Aragorn (13th May 2017), Dreamtimer (13th May 2017), Elen (13th May 2017), modwiz (13th May 2017), sandy (13th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Maggie et al - If you are interested in the psychological source of illness then Louise L Hay is very enlightening. I only have one book and I like to refer to the index where a variety of human ailments are listed along with the psychological cause and a positive mantra/prayer/meditation. It is interesting to see you mention back pain - in the book I purchased by Louise L Hay it states that money is the cause of lower back pain. The book is titled: Heal Your Body. I recommend it and it is an easy read not convoluted or complicated.

Sensory appreciation is what we need I think. I know when I, on the rare occasion watch television, the advertisements really annoy me and I press mute. Nowadays there are also the banners that run along the bottom of the television screen with news flashes and updates on the current show, with - You are now watching. Doh! And the reminders of what show is next. My senses are now very sensitive and I can barely stand watching any television and don't get me started on walking into a supermarket. All the sounds and colours and all the Neuro Linguistic Programming that is in place.

Have worked in supermarkets and was not so aware of the impact that all the music and colours et cetera have on a persons mind. I know now. Staying in tune with your senses and emotions and balancing them while living on planet Earth is quite a task. I still say that many many many people are waking up and asking questions about just about everything. The Road Less Travelled is always worth the effort ....

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Aragorn (14th May 2017), Dreamtimer (14th May 2017), Elen (14th May 2017), Maggie (14th May 2017), modwiz (16th May 2017), TargeT (16th May 2017)

Thanks
    Staying in tune with your senses and emotions and balancing them while living on planet Earth is quite a task. I still say that many many many people are waking up and asking questions about just about everything. The Road Less Travelled is always worth the effort ....

I am feeling released from grocery school today with my last day over and done.

One thing I would like to see happen is a trip to Colorado with my friend Eilleen. She has advanced Parkinsons. The Green goddess has shown itself as a medicine for the tremors. Plus She helps the body relax. There are bed and breakfats that cater to people in wheel chairs who have come to see a physician and use the cannabinoid elixir.

I have an idea of making greeting cards that have a "Megalithomaniac" theme.

This really feels like a FIRST day of the rest of my life.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (17th May 2017), Aragorn (16th May 2017), Dreamtimer (16th May 2017), Elen (17th May 2017), modwiz (16th May 2017), TargeT (16th May 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Maggie et al - If you are interested in the psychological source of illness then Louise L Hay is very enlightening. I only have one book and I like to refer to the index where a variety of human ailments are listed along with the psychological cause and a positive mantra/prayer/meditation. It is interesting to see you mention back pain - in the book I purchased by Louise L Hay it states that money is the cause of lower back pain. The book is titled: Heal Your Body. I recommend it and it is an easy read not convoluted or complicated.
    How about upper back pain, right between my spine and shoulder blade... been bothering (feels sort of like a line of fire, unless i stretch it) me for a year or so now, probably should do something.. or just keep ignoring it... haha I think mine's due to an accident though.

But I think "placebo" (IE: mind healing body) is a very real thing.. I've worn a piece of polished uranium around my neck for 3 or so years now, haven't been sick ever since (and by the time I purchased it I was convinced of it's healing powers).

Outcome is all I care about with stuff like that, any port in a storm

don't get me started on walking into a supermarket. All the sounds and colours and all the Neuro Linguistic Programming that is in place.
    Crazy what we do to ourselves, and how "what we do to our selves" has evolved through out the years... Mcdonalds used to use glaringly bright colors to help "motivate" customers to leave their resturaunts as quickly as possible... now they do the oppisite; but it's still deceptive (because it is not disclosed) psychological manipulation and often to your determent.

I still say that many many many people are.. asking questions about just about everything.
    That's definitely me!

and, it seems like no matter the question and no matter the topic, I find manipulation and deception most times :[

Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    I have an idea of making greeting cards that have a "Megalithomaniac" theme.

This really feels like a FIRST day of the rest of my life.
    Interesting concept, go for it!
    Last edited by TargeT, 16th May 2017 at 22:09.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (17th May 2017), Aragorn (16th May 2017), Elen (17th May 2017), modwiz (16th May 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by TargeT View Post
    Interesting concept, go for it!
    I think there may be humorous cards to create and beautiful pictures to describe as cards to collect and mail?

I googled Megalithomaniac jokes and found nothing.....

My first joke:
    "You know you are a megalithomaniac IF"

Female

You rate penises like standing stones: column, pillar, monolith, menhir, monument

male

You compare girls by their resemblance to Venus of Willendorf

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (17th May 2017), Aragorn (16th May 2017), Dreamtimer (17th May 2017), Elen (17th May 2017), modwiz (16th May 2017), TargeT (16th May 2017)

Thanks
    More PG

You might be a magalithomaniac IF

Top 10 at this time

1. You call your ex: Zahi
    2. When you have a Rorschach test, everything looks like a Pyramid.
    3. Your male children all have the middle name Graham.
    4. You dream in hieroglyphs.
    5. You cannot take a road trip until you've figured out the distance in megalithic miles.
    6. You are learning Russian for fun.
    7. You have a bumper sticker that says "I brake for Giants"
    8. You have a T shirt that says on the front : "Atlantis", and on the back "I was there"
    9. You start every conversation with " When I was at New Grange...."
    10. One of your favorite video comedic moments

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyh1Va_mYWI

and this song makes you nod your head

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbyzgeee2mg
    Last edited by Maggie, 17th May 2017 at 01:23.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2017), Amanda (17th May 2017), Aragorn (17th May 2017), Dreamtimer (17th May 2017), Elen (17th May 2017), modwiz (17th May 2017), TargeT (17th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Maggie - You are free to move in any direction you choose. Good for You for making a difficult decision and getting on with your life. It is now time for You and your significant others. It is the first day of your new life. Of course You know that but I want to be visibly supportive.

TargeT - The book refers to Upper Back = Lack of emotional support. Feeling unloved. Holding back love. Middle Back = Guilt. Stuck in all that stuff back there. Get off my back.Of course personal interpretation is needed. Everyone is unique and the 'diagnosis' needs to come from the person. As for never getting ill, great work. I recall learning about why a lot of cafes and restaurants had a decor based on the colour red. Apparently it induces the desire to drink. So naturally management want people to stay and drink and then they eat and then they drink some more. All based on Neuro Linguistic Programming. Great to know you are always asking questions. That's pretty much all I do these days. I was like that as a Child as well. You know the Child who is always stating; But why? But why? But why? Seems I was set to keep asking questions. (Grinning.)

Megalithomaniac - Wow! Yes Maggie just yes. You posted images of the Venus of Willendorf. I think she must have a significant purpose and meaning, apart from being a beautiful antiquity. Was watching a television show made in Britain (on DVD) titled: Spooks. I noted that in the office of the boss there were several artefacts and one looked very much like the Venus of Willendorf. I always watch movies and shows critically as there are so many many many symbols and items and cryptic messages.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th May 2017), Dreamtimer (17th May 2017), Elen (17th May 2017), Maggie (17th May 2017), TargeT (17th May 2017)