Thread: Not Dead Prince

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts

Not Dead Prince

Very fishy and feel not a mistake > http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/...dg4K&ocid=iehp

Britain's Prince Philip to cease royal duties

Video provided by Reuters

The Sun newspaper mistakenly published a story suggesting Prince Philip had died.

The title, owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News UK, posted a story online with the headline: “Prince Philip dead at 95, how did the Duke of Edinburgh die, etc etc.”

© Provided by Independent Print Limited The story read: "Prince Philip, otherwise known as the Duke of Edinburgh, was the husband of Queen Elizabeth II."

"He was married to Queen Elizabeth II. The pair had four children together - Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward."

French media also mistakenly published stories wrongly suggesting the Duke of Edinburgh had died.

prince-philip-dead.png© Provided by Independent Print Limited prince-philip-dead.png

The article was deleted within minutes of publication, but continued to appear in searches on Google.

It was published after the Queen called an emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace to announce Prince Philip would step down from royal duties.
    Last edited by Aianawa, 4th May 2017 at 21:14.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Amanda (6th May 2017), Aragorn (4th May 2017), Dreamtimer (6th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), modwiz (4th May 2017), shamanseeker (11th May 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    All I can suggest is this: Large publishing firms do not make mistakes. Mistakes would cost them money and that is not how the main publishing firms have succeeded. I do not think for a moment the death notice is a mistake - just my humble opinion.

Don't watch much television but I was watching a program late last night and the small banner that announces breaking news kept running across the bottom of the screen. When I finally paid attention and read the breaking news banner - my first thought was this: Why is this news?

I could not care less about his life. He has led a life of privilege and wanted for nothing. Making public appearances, in my humble opinion, is not an occupation. He could die and I would not notice. Something is going on - of that you can be sure. Someone knows what is going on. A 'mistaken' news article - not going to accept that not from one of the largest publishing empires - they do not make mistakes. The publishing empire was not built on public mistakes.

Much Respect - Amanda

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th May 2017), Dreamtimer (6th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), Greenbarry (6th May 2017), Mahakasyapa (5th May 2017), shamanseeker (11th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts
    They may have been saying don't say no, stand down ( which he did ) or be dead.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Amanda (6th May 2017), Aragorn (6th May 2017), Dreamtimer (6th May 2017), Elen (6th May 2017), shamanseeker (11th May 2017)