Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Living our values

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts

Living our values

I resigned my position as a deli associate in a large grocery. Leaving is fueled by anger. I wonder what will happen next? I imagine the mantra:
    "A wonderful job
    With wonderful pay
    And wonderful people
    In a wonderful way."

I have some very definite ideas about what I value in work and other aspects.
    I know I am opinionated and LIKE my opinions.
    My values are different in some major ways from the Ingles culture of the grocery.
    I feel that this kind of culture is very disappointing and I look down from my nose pointed in the air.
    I think I am RIGHT.

In no order of importance I am appalled by the grocery's corporate decison to throw away mass quantities of unopened past sale date food.
    I hate the nothing given in communicatiion and lack of sharing of information like deliberate training and what to expect in change and as team?
    Being a team is not encouraged.
    I despise not being SEEN as a person.
    I feel thwarted to contribute.
    I want to feel satisfied in my daily life.

I think I am a bit high in expectation.
    Light heated lack of concern is a goal but I am very tense all the time. I am not easy to relate to as are "good ole girls". I admire people who are socialized but really I don't want to be and feel tense. Being a bit unsocilaized is NOT IMO being autistic. I think my wiring is a little unique and ALL our wiring is unique. So being unsocilaized allows space to aim at life true to self.

I like the way I am except it feels really uncomfortable but that is helpful really.
    Maybe my triple Aquarian birth "wheel" has me LOVE humanity but be a little impersonal.
    I actually long to be more personal. I feel I just don't understand "just hanging out" relaxed and in rapport with people.
    I LOVE systems. I love imagining sound and healthy systems. My ideas make sense to me.

I BELIEVE I have a good idea for a particular business system. It has to do with garbage. What I imagine easily is the results. I see 100% recycling of all garbage. I imagine a "company" of well appreciated invested workers sorting out where to put trash. I imagine the machine of Pyrolysis being used to turn plastic and yucky waste into oil and biochar.
    I imagine chipping and shredding of wood limbs. I imagine finding where to use all parts of waste. I imagine NO landfill and no toxins.
    It seems to me that I have a good idea for a company that takes workers, machinery and tools plus a place to sort and OF COURSE a garbage truck is on the list.

I see it as a heavenly technology and maybe it will take a heavenly co-creator? Maybe I need to get even more woowooo in action. Maybe I need to get more practical AT THE SAME TIME and I NEED TO PHYSICALLY RELAX.

I know I need to focus on how to BE part of a heavenly team.
    ALSO< What I believe is that this will take money. I feel good thinking of an idea but not so excited by executing the plan.
    There is definite home work requested.

It seems to me that each of us SHOULD be committed to living our values. That is what I mean when I talk about the Fishers who lure us and catch us up before we learn to be swimming in freedom. We can definitely be lured to adopt values that do not ARISE from the inside out

The reason I love the idea of Recycling is because I enjoy that as an ideal.
    I feel it is deeply part of what I love.
    I contradict myself.
    I live in some clutter. My own life is not shining in my day to day. I have not been true to my vision.
    I am looking at my anger about how to stand the irritation gf being where it goes against what I like.
    I have been chronically ****ed.
    Anger energizes destruction and IMO it CANNOT ever Build anything.
    I SEE anger only good for me to make me leave a situation that makes me so hot and bothered.

Well, wherever we go, there we are.
    I value building something so I guess I need a real let go of anger to move ahead.

I wonder if anyone else
    1. wants to live in a way that just seems "right" with others to build something "satisfying to live in".
    2. Is still not there in that "community" and wondering "HUMMM" ( IS it my responsibility to be the ideal member?)
    3. Curious about how to "change one's mind" and create the valued reality tunnel?

Rambling on in my long posts, Maggie
    Last edited by Maggie, 5th May 2017 at 04:27.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th May 2017), Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Dreamtimer (5th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2017), Fred Steeves (7th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Gio (20th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), Mahakasyapa (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), Onthebit (23rd June 2017), PurpleLama (6th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017), TargeT (5th May 2017), ZShawn (9th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I've always found it difficult to live my values and also rewarding. There were many times I didn't think I'd really be able to do it. It's hard when they're not in line with peoples' expectations or the system.

You have a vision. Keep your eyes on it and see if you can find others who share it.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th May 2017), Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), Maggie (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Oh yes, stay true to yourself, Maggie. What you are giving is far more than you yourself can imagine.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th May 2017), Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Dreamtimer (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), Maggie (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    Hi Maggie,

I am so with you on those feelings. In fact, about 2 weeks ago I walked out on a job, just quit, brought my company equipment into the office and dropped off my entrance badge. Shortly after the company office manager called me and asked if I was coming in to work. I told her no, I quit. She was a bit shocked and asked why? I told her I didn't fit into the company culture.

I read an article a little later written by a motivational speaker, people expert type whose philosophy states: Leap and the net will appear. Interesting, huh!

The wasting of food I consider a crime against humanity...really!

Incidentally, the net appeared. Within a single day of leaving my job, I started a process that has lead to a job offer at a higher position and salary. I'd be remiss if I didn't admit there were more than a few prayers in the interim.

Just stay positive and have faith in a higher power...it has always worked for me.

NAP

I just wanted to add that you are not alone, plenty of research indicates that many people feel alienated from their work environment and the result for the companies affected is considerable and negative.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 5th May 2017 at 10:09.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th May 2017), Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Dreamtimer (5th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), Maggie (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017), TargeT (5th May 2017)

Thanks
    I had a sweet job out of college working in DC in a big law firm. I had an office with a window looking into the atrium of the building, bubinga wood, American Express card. I quit that job because I simply couldn't put myself into it. The perks weren't enough to bring interest or happiness.

Needless to say when I quit without having another job my parents flipped out. After that there were many years of never having enough money including while we raised our son. But I never moved back home.

Only recently have I reached a place in life where I don't have to stress over money. And I've managed to be true to myself all these years and it really paid off raising my son.

Right choices are by no means easy ones.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), Maggie (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017), TargeT (5th May 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Deep understanding here..

Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    I like the way I am except it feels really uncomfortable but that is helpful really.
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Right choices are by no means easy ones.

"Comfort" is slowing killing most Americans and making them depressed.

Take joy in your struggles, they bring focus to life and needed motivation; there is nothing in this reality that will be put in front of you that you cannot deal with.

And always remember...

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Dreamtimer (5th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), Maggie (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), PurpleLama (6th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017)

Thanks
    You have a vision. Keep your eyes on it and see if you can find others who share it.
    I read a later post from you about giving up "the office with a window".
    The knowing that life is not supposed to be without "stress" is helpful. But what kind of stress? Located as a cog in a wheel where we don't fit won't change the wheel and IMO will wear us to a nub.

So IMO there must be a lawful path that challenges us but lets us keep our integrity (the whole of us).
    I like the idea that when we cleave only to what we hold dear, the net will rise up and catch us. NotaPretender's example is encouraging.

Incidentally, the net appeared. Within a single day of leaving my job, I started a process that has lead to a job offer at a higher position and salary. I'd be remiss if I didn't admit there were more than a few prayers in the interim.

Just stay positive and have faith in a higher power...it has always worked for me.
    I am a faithful seeker of the Presence. Morethan ever I FEEL that the Presence is personal and deserves faith.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Dreamtimer (5th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017), TargeT (5th May 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Oh yes, stay true to yourself, Maggie. What you are giving is far more than you yourself can imagine.
    Thank you very very much. I read this when I was about 10 and already felt a nostalgic sense of loss. I guess that I am giving myself a life where I insist I know what IS true (for me) and what is a dream worth holding?

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017), TargeT (5th May 2017)

Thanks
    Stress happens in life to greater or lesser degrees.

I have a cousin who always maintains an even keel, never gets angry or stressed or depressed. She just deals with life and spends time in ways that she values.

I had a parent and have a sister who seek out stress and worry. If there isn't something immediate, they will make something up. It's like an addiction or weird life value where if the stress and worry aren't there something must be wrong.

I like that first one, "Wait to worry". That should be a mantra for some.

One brother is the kind who thinks nice is like stupid and therefore it's OK to try to take advantage. He creates stress and has a little schadenfreude where he pokes at people and enjoys making them uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure there's a misery-loves-company dynamic going on there.

My husband has stress beyond belief with work and has a tool belt of methods for dealing with stress.

It's really good to know what soothes.

Thank you for the Dreams quote.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), Maggie (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017), TargeT (5th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanks for all your examples of people Dreamtimer.

It does take all kinds of people to make up the world. I feel glad I know I am frustrated by seeing others make choices which I thin k are "bad". I am releasing my meddlingness now.

At work before I quit I heard myself say to a coworker "You are just going to take this?" I observe her cooperative assistance when she does not "complain" to all of us being "used". The system that I THINK will suck everything we give and up the ante because we keep giving,(until exhausted and leaving) is one SHE agrees to like. I was aware that I have hit a danger zone of (codependency?) because SHE said "I don't have a problem" and then didn't speak to me. That her rush to comply leaves her work looking half assembled lets OTHERS have their passive aggressive time complaining about "what she didn't do well".

But I want to complain to management and that is just not appreciated and OK, I GET IT. I was avoiding taking a next step to be sovereign (not all messed up in appearances and dramas and "fixing" what many do NOT think is broken In my tiny world)...and I now feel the shove from my own necessity. What will that mean?

It is so important for me that there MUST BE individual experiential opportunities or timelines. IF it takes all kinds of people to make a World, All Kinds of "worlds" must be available to People? And what would fuel this alt worlds scattering ? LOVE

Last edited by Maggie, 5th May 2017 at 15:08.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Dreamtimer (5th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017), TargeT (5th May 2017)

Thanks
    Love, hate, and indifference perhaps...

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Dreamtimer (5th May 2017), Elen (5th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017)

Thanks
    I'm not sure about the 'Comfort' thing. I know a lot of people who can never have or get enough. There is no comfort. Nothing is ever good enough. I've seen people literally implode or **** away the farm because they can't ever get any satisfaction.

On the other hand, I know people who get up every day to go to work because they love what they do. They're not just comfortable, they thrive. They love it and they succeed.

Personally, I need to like and be interested and fascinated by what I'm doing to do my best work.

Fear, bullying, pressure, worry, stress, these are actually the worst motivators people could choose. I'll put 150% in if I think it's something good, productive, helpful, fulfilling, etc.

Comfort is what we need when it's time to rest and recover and sleep at night, so we can continue to work later on.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), Maggie (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017), TargeT (5th May 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Fear, bullying, pressure, worry, stress, these are actually the worst motivators people could choose. I'll put 150% in if I think it's something good, productive, helpful, fulfilling, etc.

Comfort is what we need when it's time to rest and recover and sleep at night, so we can continue to work later on.
    I was mostly talking of physical comfort, but mental comfort as well can be taken in excessively. I also said a very broad term, there are of course exceptions, but it was mostly talking about the average american (the land where we die mostly of obesity and sedentary life styles).

I would say "fear, bullying, pressure, worry, stress" are the least desired motivators, the worst motivator is none at all (no motivation, can't do anything, don't care, depression etc..).

Even (and often, especially) when we encounter something we don't prefer I see that as a very potent learning opportunity and self discovery journey (why is it I object to this etc..). I often find aspects about myself that I see reflected in others or in situations. But that's just because it works for me; we all have to find our own way.

Everything I've written here is built on a very specific philosophy (IE: we are all one, source, we are subjectively experiencing our selves objectively in this thing we call "reality"), and I guess is kind of pointless to the reader unless they share a similar mind set.

This philosophy can bring up some very uncomfortable ideas... like: Every experience is valid, even the ones we don't prefer. But it also gives the tools to view this experience for what it is... an experience, a "ride"; and you can find joy in everything that's here, because it's AWESOME!

Last edited by TargeT, 5th May 2017 at 18:39.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Dreamtimer (5th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2017), GCS1103 (6th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by TargeT View Post
    Deep understanding here..

"Comfort" is slowing killing most Americans and making them depressed.

Take joy in your struggles, they bring focus to life and needed motivation; there is nothing in this reality that will be put in front of you that you cannot deal with.

And always remember...

I have been thinking about your comments and one of my favorite comedy. I have my thoughts about comfort. I think we are meant for sheer bliss just oozing in comfort.

I think being comfortable is signature that we are in the Creator zone. The artificial construct of "comforts" are IMO technologic and aim to meet "necessities" for those who cannot FEEL themselves and the energy of space.

Genuine comfort is what is felt just by existing in "our true zone". Human being Being human and the multiplicities of zone.

Can you feel the volume of space around your head in space? Can you feel the energy of space, in space, that surrounds your head in space? can you feel the energy of space that rests on your shoulders in space? Can you feel the energy of space behind your back in space? Can you feel the space between your cells in space? Can you FEEL the energy of space in your space, in space.

That is IMO the key to comfort that transcends all dependence of gadgetry.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Dreamtimer (5th May 2017), Emil El Zapato (5th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), modwiz (5th May 2017), PurpleLama (6th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017), TargeT (5th May 2017)

Thanks
    Hi Maggie,

I'm not sure about energy and space but I know atmospheric pressure is equivalent to having 7 cows sitting on you...I can feel THAT, just by thinking about it.

NAP

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th May 2017), Aragorn (5th May 2017), Dreamtimer (5th May 2017), Juniper (5th May 2017), sandy (6th May 2017), TargeT (5th May 2017)