Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "If humble people make the best leaders, why do we fall for charismatic narcissists?"

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    A wolf catching the wolf pack is not something to admire, imo. He's just as guilty as the pedos, imo.

He's outright saying he believes Moore and Putin simply because they speak words that he agrees with.
    Bad guys taking out bad guys is a bad thing?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017), Kathy (30th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Bad guys being heroes for making examples of someone else while they secure their own positions and obscure their own guilt are a bad thing.

That doesn't stop the problem for real. Just makes it fade into the background again.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dumpster Diver (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017), Kathy (30th November 2017), sandy (1st December 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Bad guys being heroes for making examples of someone else while they secure their own positions and obscure their own guilt are a bad thing.

That doesn't stop the problem for real. Just makes it fade into the background again.
    Ok, but down here on Earth, I’ll settle for a bunch of pedo-perp walks. I’m into circus acts.

Karma will get Trump later...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th November 2017), Dreamtimer (30th November 2017), Elen (30th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (3rd December 2017), Elen (3rd December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    For that matter, you can also draw a parallel with the so-called alternative community: Bill Ryan, Kerry Cassidy, David Wilcock, Joseph P. Farrell, Richard Dolan, and perhaps even David Icke.
    I have a fair idea about these guys except for JP Farrell. You'd really put Richard Dolan in the same category as the others? I'm not saying he's beyond criticism but I see a pretty big distinction between say, Dolan and Wilcock.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lemual For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lemual View Post
    For that matter, you can also draw a parallel with the so-called alternative community: Bill Ryan, Kerry Cassidy, David Wilcock, Joseph P. Farrell, Richard Dolan, and perhaps even David Icke.
    I have a fair idea about these guys except for JP Farrell. You'd really put Richard Dolan in the same category as the others? I'm not saying he's beyond criticism but I see a pretty big distinction between say, Dolan and Wilcock.
    Well, Dolan is definitely more serious as a researcher, and he's higher up my ladder of credibility than Joseph P. Farrell — and most definitely much higher up that ladder than Wilcock, El Sombrero™ or Kerry — but I do discern certain signs of narcissism in his body language, and he definitely makes a living off of his books and his lectures.

So in the end, he's just another one of the "celebrities" of the so-called alternative community, and my opinion is still that we have to start listening to our own hearts and intuitions, instead of listening to these talking heads.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017), Lemual (3rd December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Fair enough. I'm not really "up" with who's popular/considered a celebrity in the alt circles at the moment. I generally appreciate his research, it's usually well referenced. I can't fault him for making money from his books and lectures though, I don't think this necessarily makes anyone a narcissist.

I agree to an extent, but we can't only listen to our "hearts and intuitions" to the exclusion of everything else. I'm guessing that's not exactly what you meant and was more railing against the cult of celebrity, which I whole-heartedly agree with.

Also... El Sombrero... I hadn't heard that one yet!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lemual For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017)

Thanks
    Fair enough. I'm not really "up" with who's popular/considered a celebrity in the alt circles at the moment. I generally appreciate his research, it's usually well referenced. I can't fault him for making money from his books and lectures though, I don't think this necessarily makes anyone a narcissist.
    Well, no, that's not why I suspect him of narcissism. I was referring to certain signs in his body language and facial expressions.

I agree to an extent, but we can't only listen to our "hearts and intuitions" to the exclusion of everything else. I'm guessing that's not exactly what you meant and was more railing against the cult of celebrity, which I whole-heartedly agree with.
    Yes, that is correct. We do need information, of course, and someone whose recount of their experiences and/or research is genuine and sincere will always be appreciated, but there are too many wannabe-celebrities in this community, which makes the so-called alternative community merely another facsimile of mainstream society.

Also... El Sombrero... I hadn't heard that one yet!
    I claim the trademark on that term.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Ah ok, cool.

I really wonder how much/how far the "alt community" has been infiltrated? (in relation to "project Mockingbird" type scenarios). Or perhaps even just encouraging certain personalities? (useful idiot type thing) I don't think it'd really take too many resources to make an "alt" celebrity.

Of course, royalty cheques in the mail

(also apologies I didn't "quote" anything, I'm being lazy)

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lemual For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017)

Thanks
    I really wonder how much/how far the "alt community" has been infiltrated? (in relation to "project Mockingbird" type scenarios).
    Not all that much, I'd say. If there's anything I've learned from dwelling within this so-called alternative community — as well as from my interactions with mainstream society itself — then it is that people are perfectly capable of deluding themselves and going off on tangents that take them even farther away from the truth than they were when they began looking for it.

Or perhaps even just encouraging certain personalities? (useful idiot type thing)
    There will definitely be some of that going round, yes. There are a few names popping into my mind that fit the bill quite well.

I don't think it'd really take too many resources to make an "alt" celebrity.
    Well, celebrities are usually made by the fans. The general public's addiction to personality cults and entertainment is the very soil in which this sort of thing grows like weed. The so-called alternative community is no different from the mainstream in that regard.

Look at what happened with Simon Parkes, Corey Goode, Shane "The Ruiner" Bales, and so on. They all had — and in some cases, still have — their groupies. Hell, the whole of Project Avalon as it currently exists is built around the personality of Bill Ryan, and to a quite ostensibly higher degree than that Project Camelot would revolve around the personality of Kerry Cassidy.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th December 2017), Elen (4th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017), Lemual (4th December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Hell, the whole of Project Avalon as it currently exists is built around the personality of Bill Ryan, and to a quite ostensibly higher degree than that Project Camelot would revolve around the personality of Kerry Cassidy.
    Do you think much of any use ever comes through those channels?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lemual For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th December 2017), Elen (6th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017)

Thanks
    Hell, the whole of Project Avalon as it currently exists is built around the personality of Bill Ryan, and to a quite ostensibly higher degree than that Project Camelot would revolve around the personality of Kerry Cassidy.
    Not really.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th December 2017), Elen (6th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Not really.
    Had a feeling that might be your response I remember visiting those sites back in the day and even then they felt somehow "off".

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lemual For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th December 2017), Elen (6th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    As far as I am concerned, having a forum on your website as a researcher used to be the done thing, but it has now become a potentiality for pitfalls.
    There is still a David Icke forum isn't there? No one speaks about that, I remember back when I was a member of the Michael Tsarion forum, the David Icke forum was seen as a pool of hysteria. But I think that might have been largely because people used to be generally unable to control themselves in this 'new media'. It did really use to be much much more volatile as peoples beliefs came up against each other and soapbox preacher tried to save everyone left, right and center.

We have got it easy really. The Bill and Kerry Show came along towards the end of all that, and they were sort of seen, not as researchers but as reporters. But then one of the big swells in numbers of people wanting to discuss these sorts of topics happened and they all seemed to go to BK burgers. Maybe coinciding with the acceptance of computer geeking as mainstream and the rise of myspace and facebook, followed by all the other sh!t people are into.
    I personally think the value comes as a lesson if it is needed and if it is learnt.. by realising the nature of conflict of belief and how malleable such things when the heart strings are tweaked. The desperation and fear and all these raw wounds of having ones eyes open makes people susceptible to all kinds of attachment forming, not unlike a Stockholm syndrome.

So yeah, I think the use of those forums, probably was in the past, and was more related to bombarding the self with challenges of truth and fiction and maintaining ones centeredness, and if not, learning from the ensuing depression or such.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 4th December 2017 at 05:33.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th December 2017), Dreamtimer (4th December 2017), Dumpster Diver (4th December 2017), Elen (6th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017), Lemual (9th December 2017)

Thanks
    I do, but as a vector for research. Also, as I’ve mentioned in other threads, disinformation must be wrapped in a fair amount of truth. In other words, they know exactly what is wrong and must balance it with what exactly is right to balance it to sell it. If you can ferret out the disinformation point(s) then the rest must be fairly good. In this way, it can be more valuable than folks/sites that are looking for “straight truth” as they are frequently wrong. The Flat earthers is an example of this.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th December 2017), Dreamtimer (26th December 2017), Elen (6th December 2017), Emil El Zapato (26th December 2017), Lemual (9th December 2017)