Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Easy path to be a Doer: Just one thing, every day.

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Are those tortoises going to outlive you?

Welding in flip flops. That is funny. Don't drop any heavy metal on your toes...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st April 2017), Aragorn (1st April 2017), Elen (1st April 2017), modwiz (1st April 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    From my understanding they live to 150 or so, from my research i feel confident that our life spans are about to get significantly longer via CRISPR...
    I'm expecting to hit 400.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st April 2017), Aragorn (2nd April 2017), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2017), Elen (2nd April 2017), modwiz (14th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Sounds exciting, googling.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd April 2017), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2017), Elen (2nd April 2017), modwiz (1st April 2017)

Thanks
    I will provide links when I get home, on my phone atm, it's very exciting stuff

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (1st April 2017), Aragorn (2nd April 2017), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2017), Elen (2nd April 2017), modwiz (1st April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Had very quick look, new thread imo. Off familying atm and very interested so will research asap.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd April 2017), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2017), Elen (2nd April 2017), modwiz (1st April 2017), TargeT (2nd April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by TargeT View Post
    From my understanding they live to 150 or so, from my research i feel confident that our life spans are about to get significantly longer via CRISPR...
    I'm expecting to hit 400.
    Do you mean to say that you are a proponent of eugenics? Because that is what CRISPR is all about.

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Sounds exciting, googling.
    CRISPR is a gene-editing technique. I've posted about it a few times already in other threads, albeit only as background information to stories of genetic manipulation on human subjects.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2017), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2017), Elen (2nd April 2017), modwiz (2nd April 2017), sandy (2nd April 2017), Shadowself (2nd April 2017), TargeT (2nd April 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Do you mean to say that you are a proponent of eugenics? Because that is what CRISPR is all about.
    CRISPR is a tool, if you understand the technology it's just using a function of nature to make very specific changes in the human body... similar to taking an asprin but vastly more advanced, and yet... very natrual as well (basically crisper leverages a natural organisms ability to protect itself, we trick it into doing what we want via it's protection mechanism).

it's certainly not about eugenics, it's just the next step in medicine; and it's a huge step.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY

This will rapidly integrate it's self into our reality, and our lives will be drastically different because of it.

Like any tool it could be used benevolently or maliciously.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2017), Aragorn (2nd April 2017), Dreamtimer (2nd April 2017), Elen (3rd April 2017), modwiz (2nd April 2017), sandy (3rd April 2017)

Thanks
    with the internet we have an amazing tool for self education and skill acquisition.

I used the internet to learn how to weld

I used the internet to design and install my solar system (30 pannels, and i learned a LOt about electricity in the process).

I even used the internet to learn about using the internet...

a LOT of people are successfully leveraging this tool to amazing results.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th April 2017), Aragorn (3rd April 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2017), Elen (3rd April 2017), modwiz (3rd April 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Lots of propaganda re: crispr promos'......................at the far end this is about refining humans to an ultimate perfection or ideal....(way fewer downspeople, yes.........however, replaced by ever increasing numbers of autism at present??). Yes one is genetic and not the other so they say, however...eventually they will be able to identify all kinds of anomalies; including intellect and if not amenable >>>SNIP>>> no need for abortions from here on in.............playing GOD anyone or do you think that the plan is for humans to all be the same in the end and thus peace will reign due to no diversity?? Not much left to learn after that as natural evolution will be debunked.

Who sets the standards of perfection.......imperfect humans along the way>>>scary!! Those in positions of power will make the decisions and WOW!! look what they have created thus far when it comes to a better world. One has to only look globally to see the entire mess that we have made and this is not to malign the progress they have allowed the common people in the western world mostly to experience, but to realistically evaluate the outcomes of such technology for ALL of humankind on our planet!!

They want the funding to develop such 'paid for by the people' like most research and development and then it will be so unreasonably priced for the average human being to access that only the elite will be advantaged. However the only solace in this is they may have erased enough deplorables/defectives that only the elite will be left!!

Our species is not ready for this type of development unless one is open to becoming something other than human. The writing is on the wall when it comes to genetic manipulation when in the hands of psychopaths and until those individuals who rule the world are removed; one is only kidding themselves that life is going to get even better..............................REALLY??

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th April 2017), Aragorn (3rd April 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2017), Elen (3rd April 2017), modwiz (3rd April 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by sandy View Post
    They want the funding to develop such 'paid for by the people' like most research and development and then it will be so unreasonably priced for the average human being to access that only the elite will be advantaged. However the only solace in this is they may have erased enough deplorables/defectives that only the elite will be left!!
    its so affordable right now that it's possible for almost anyone to start leveraging the CRISPR methods, and it's already being done.

Our species is not ready for this type of development unless one is open to becoming something other than human. The writing is on the wall when it comes to genetic manipulation when in the hands of psychopaths and until those individuals who rule the world are removed; one is only kidding themselves that life is going to get even better..............................REALLY??
    were we not ready for penicillin also? we've only had that for around 100 years now.

I guess we really have to stop and take stock: are we our bodies? is modifying our bodies a bad thing? is it a good thing?

I see this as a great thing that will help many people; people with ALS and the like..

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th April 2017), Aragorn (3rd April 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2017), Elen (3rd April 2017), modwiz (14th April 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Penicillin the antibiotic that now is so overused we have become quite resistant overall to its medicinal use.......and they have to keep upping the strength and dosage as it does not have the impact it once had due to the overuse of it to creat lucrative avenues for profit.

No doubt it would help many illnesses overall but so would the release of cancer treatments that are suppressed but that is a no-go too, due to the damage it would do to the Pharma Industry Cartel................unless you belong to the club!!

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one TargeT..

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th April 2017), Aragorn (3rd April 2017), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2017), Elen (3rd April 2017), modwiz (14th April 2017), TargeT (3rd April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    No doubt it would help many illnesses overall but so would the release of cancer treatments that are suppressed but that is a no-go too, due to the damage it would do to the Pharma Industry Cartel................unless you belong to the club!!

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one TargeT..
    I agree with Sandy, and I would also like to add the risk of certain traits being "edited out" because they are seen as undesirable, or because they are at present time still seen as a disease when they are not. Autism for instance.

So in the future, there will be no more people like myself, or like modwiz — we're two of the few members of The One Truth who have already openly stated that we're on the autism spectrum — because autism is wrongfully equated by the (primarily Acronymian) masses with vaccine-induced injury, and vaccine-induced injury is of course highly undesirable, albeit a direct consequence of the irresponsibility of the pharmaceutical sector in its bid to make a greater profit by adding neurotoxins to vaccines as preservatives.

Autism is genetic, not vaccine-induced, and all of the great geniuses and innovators of recent history were on the autism spectrum: Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Isaac Newton, Ludwig von Beethoven, and so on. So were Andy Warhol, Vincent van Gogh and Salvador Dali. So there will be no more geniuses, and art — the real kind, not the industrialized variety we're seeing today — would also be doomed to disappear.

Hmm, and what about all those other things that make us unique? Will we all look the same, with only one skin color, one type of eye color, one type of hair? "Oh Brave New World!" Or was it "Oh New World Order!"?

Ian Malcolm: "God creates Man. Man kills God. Man creates Dinosaur. Dinosaur eats Man..."
    Ellie Sattler: "Woman inherits the Earth."
    (Jurassic Park, 1993)
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th April 2017), modwiz (14th April 2017), TargeT (3rd April 2017)

Thanks
    Penicillin the antibiotic that now is so overused we have become quite resistant overall to its medicinal use......
    So what im reading is, nature will maintain ballance, just as it always has. we certainly are not in "pre antibiotics" territory.

I wonder what the over all numbers are for antibiotic resistance, I feel like that one is blown out of proportion a bit.

I can't see antibiotics as anything but a great tool that was perhaps miss used (mostly by western companies, mostly due to Pharma pushes; I definitely agree with that).

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Autism is genetic, not vaccine-induced, and all of the great geniuses and innovators of recent history were on the autism spectrum: Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Isaac Newton, Ludwig von Beethoven, and so on. So were Andy Warhol, Vincent van Gogh and Salvador Dali. So there will be no more geniuses, and art — the real kind, not the industrialized variety we're seeing today — would also be doomed to disappear.
    I quite see it the other way, we will have more autism, but tightly controlled in it's implementation; why wouldn't you want the availability of greater mental function? What you stated above is widely known; I think we wouldn't see something like that go away; I just hope it's a consensual thing and not some driven parents that do this to their children for added advantage.

And besides, look at Europe... it's already happening; but instead of with gene editing, it's with abortion (for downs syndrome). I'd rather see gene editing than abortion.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th April 2017), Aragorn (3rd April 2017), modwiz (14th April 2017)

Thanks
    Just finished the 2nd round of surgery on our injured baby horse.

He had pulled stitches loose and our wrap set up wasn't letting enough air to the wound site, so we changed methodologies, packed the cavity with honey, put a gauze outer layer on and made loops to tie the gauze in place (looks sort of like a tennis shoe) hopefully this will allow drainage & enough breathing for good healing.

I got a bit of video of it, might toss one together real quick

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th April 2017), Aragorn (4th April 2017), modwiz (14th April 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    That is the point for sure TargeT and I totally agree that antibiotics is a great tool that has been misused!!

In my family alone, I have 3 members that have had to use steroid therapy re: their illnesses due to the fact that they are antibody resistant even to the highest/strength possible with Pharmaceuticals. Canadian hospitals now have bugs that you do not want to contract due to issues with their inability to be addressed or eradicated with antibody treatments.

If this problem continues to worsen, we may just be experiencing a "post-antibiotic" situation. Until we change the way we manage the world; I reiterate;.allowing genetic technology will be not be fruitful for mankind. I believe in our mysterious universe and don't want or need all the answers.................even tho' I never stop searching ....I love puzzles

I have an older brother who is mentally challenged and has been under my supervision since his late 20's. He is now 73 years old. It has and is a challenge and has taken it't toll on my own life and life style for the last 45 years, but you know what....I wouldn't have it any other way..............he too is a genetic anomaly and way back in the day he was labelled a "blue baby" and deemed retarded. He is one of the sharpest con artist I know, (survival skills from our upbringing) and after many years of personally working in corrections and front lines as a behavior counsellor I have a pretty good grasp on manipulative behaviors IMHO. However, because I love him and shut a bling eye to what I don't want to acknowlwedge, he still can get one over on me more often than I care to admit He has taught me so much through the years and may just be one of my greatest teachers. Certainly have gained greater knowledge and lessons from my relationship and experience with him than any book or institution I have attended im my life thus far.

Yeah for diversity and nay for genetic manipulation until the day comes when morals and ethics prevail over profits, and power and control to fulfill ego, religious or eugenic aspirations.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th April 2017), Aragorn (4th April 2017), Fred Steeves (4th April 2017), modwiz (14th April 2017), TargeT (4th April 2017)