Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John McAfee and Ad Hominem attacks

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    We have some factions here, I think.

There are those who want war with Russia, or at least another money making (for them) cold war.

There are those who want Russia as more of an ally.

Who is Russia/Putin playing to? When they get 'caught', whose side does it look like they're on?

In the past America was pretty homogenous in it's Russia opinions. Today it's not. Putin knows this. There have been sympathetic attitudes towards BRICS among other things.

Who's playing to whom?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th March 2017), Aragorn (25th March 2017), Elen (25th March 2017), Maggie (25th March 2017), TargeT (25th March 2017)

Thanks

Hackers Threaten To Wipe Millions Of iPhones If Apple Don’t Pay Ransom

http://www.unilad.co.uk/technology/h...nt-pay-ransom/

A mysterious group of hackers is allegedly extorting Apple, demanding a huge ransom over a large cache of iCloud and other Apple email accounts.

In other words, the hackers are threatening to wipe over 300,000 iPhones’ data if Apple don’t pay $75,000 (£60,000) in Bitcoin – or, bizarrely, $100,000 (£80,000) worth of iTunes gift cards.

If it’s true that the hackers are attempting to engage with the media in an attempt to increase their chances of a substantial payout then that would be in line with an increasingly common technique deployed by extortionists.

What we don’t know is whether the email exchanges between the hackers and Apple are real or faked, and – indeed – whether the so-called ‘Turkish Crime Gang’ really has access to a large number of Apple users’ credentials.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Margueritebee For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th March 2017), Aragorn (25th March 2017), Dreamtimer (25th March 2017), Elen (25th March 2017), JRS (29th March 2017), Maggie (25th March 2017), TargeT (25th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    Good Morning!

I knew the reaction I would get which is why I really don't intend on making this go much further.

What makes no sense at all? That Russia would want to be recognized by it's signature in the arena of Information Warfare?

I'll bet you did not take the time to actually read what I provided. If you had you would have seen that the US hacked the Russian Military and left it's malware as our own signature of Information Warfare strength. This was the US preforming a form of Cyber Saber Rattling on our own front door. This is what was in some of that information I provided but I have this feeling based on the comments that you probably did not read all of it. Because if you had you probably would understand that which you don't find making any sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_warfare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberwarfare

So lets hear what the Russians have to say about it:

This guy here:

http://pircenter.org/en/experts/814-krutskikh-andrey-v

In Russian of course but it does translate which is here:

Name: Krutskikh, Andrey V.
    City: Moscow
    Affiliation: Russian Foreign Ministry
    Position: Special Representative of the President of the Russian Federation for the issues of international cooperation in the field of information security

Biography :
    PhD in History, Professor, Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences. In 1973 he graduated from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations. At the Ministry of Foreign Affairs — since 1973. He occupied various diplomatic posts in the Departments of USA and Canada in the Russian Embassies and General Consulates in the United States and Canada on the issues of security, disarmament, and new threats. He was a member of the Russian-USA delegation at the negotiations on the limitation of strategic offensive arms. In 2004-2005 and 2009-2010 — Chairman of the Group of UN Governmental Experts on the issue of international information security, since 2006 — Chairman of the Expert Group on International Information Security of Shanghai Cooperation Organization. Currently oversees the international information security and Internet governance issues.

Held a conference in Feb 2016

https://infoforum.ru/conference/2016

Audrey Krutskikh had a message in a conference last year which was translated as such:

He told his Russian audience:

“You think we are living in 2016. No, we are living in 1948. And do you know why? Because in 1949, the Soviet Union had its first atomic bomb test. And if until that moment, the Soviet Union was trying to reach agreement with Truman to ban nuclear weapons, and the Americans were not taking us seriously, in 1949 everything changed and they started talking to us on an equal footing.”

Krutskikh continued, “I’m warning you: We are at the verge of having ‘something’ in the information arena, which will allow us to talk to the Americans as equals.”

Putin’s cyber adviser stressed to the Moscow audience the importance for Russia of having a strong hand in this new domain. If Russia is weak, he explained, “it must behave hypocritically and search for compromises. But once it becomes strong, it will dictate to the Western partners from the position of power.”

So in 2016 it was 1948.

In 2017 it's 1949 and the analogy of having a bomb in the information warfare stage is what he is proposing to be on equal footing as a show of strength.

Why wouldn't they want us to see them rattle a saber or two? Are you kidding? You can't understand that and it seems to make no sense?

Take the time to actually read what I provided in that post and understand anybody in this field can be biased. Anybody. Who you get that information from will always have some kind of bias. So what are we to believe? It's a tit for tat world out there and things are just starting to heat up. Or so says the Russian Special Representative of the President of the Russian Federation for the issues of international cooperation in the field of information security it's 1949...and they got the bomb once again.

Have a great day.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th March 2017), Aragorn (25th March 2017), Dreamtimer (25th March 2017), Elen (25th March 2017), modwiz (25th March 2017), TargeT (25th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    An Intel group leaving a calling card once as a message? Sure, why not. As an overall strategy? Of course not. Semantics... I did read the piece that seemed your main focal point, and commented accordingly. I only have so much time to look at stuff before work each morning Brooke (SP?), that's why I chose the seeming headliner.

I respect that you have taken the time to research this whole Russian thing, but that does not make you the only researcher in the room. I would love to have batted things around with you more, learn more about where and what you have been looking into, but this new, ever present condescension, makes me want to just say f**k it and go do something else. I'm not into being lectured and talked down to, free flowing conversations amongst equals are more my bag.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th March 2017), Aragorn (25th March 2017), Dreamtimer (26th March 2017), Elen (25th March 2017), JRS (29th March 2017), Maggie (25th March 2017), modwiz (25th March 2017), Myst (26th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post

Linda Moulton Howe described it perfectly, even though she was only describing the murky disinformational memes of the UFO field: "A fractured hall of mirrors with a quicksand floor".

Wanting to get caught doesn't make any sense to me either.
    Back in the old days of the cold war, my opinion was that the US and the USSR were just the same: equally destructive of long term rational capacity to build a world of value. YEP, nationalism, multinational corporate usery, limited insight into future welfare imperatives, artificial over natural interests. This is not to mention the belief in "might versus right", the belief in control over freedom, the belief in scarcity and competition for resource exploitation.

It is 2017 and yet it is still apparently 1949. STUPID people frolicking blindly in a messed up world IMO. I doubt we can keep going LIKE THIS.

WHAT should I do to act effectively as a lay citizen concerned with keeping the level of relative normality of my infrastructure cyber systems functioning?
    On what basis should I build my own house (meaning my personal reality tunnel) to live in? Who are the friendly and the NONfriendly participants in this saga?

From what I think I have learned, the most serious aspect I am concerned about is that a Sorcerer's apprentice could destroy the "grid" or set off a nuclear conflagration even unintentionally. I feel enthusiastic about retaining my privacy. I desire to have the ease of use of technology without being turned into a cyborg. Finally, Personally I would like to see a metanoia of conscious sanity spread across the whole world and the realization dawn that we COULD thrive in some wholey unexpected way.......

The quote from Lina Moulton Howe is horrifically true IMO.

My interest and concern is that I live in a world where everything is more and more dependent on mutual cooperation in an area that I only know about through turning on my laptop and entering the internet through a browser. The issues that I perceive at play concerning "cyber terrorism" (meaning that issues of cyber attacks, cyber warfare, cyber security all appear to incite a feeling of terror at being vulnerable to harm) are from a layperson's perspective.

1. The whole field of Internet Technology, software code and hardware operations is foreign. Therefore I as a layperson cannot on my own evaluate with any level of confidence.
    a. I can only look at what has been digested by others to tell me.
    b. Propaganda on many levels confuses me so I do not know who I could trust.

2. Apparently there are no "good guys" in charge of the whole shebang. Meaning, there is only concern for "national" interests (or deep state, or bloodline or multinational corporation OR whatever is not in MY interest).
    a. The intention for secrecy has reached low levels where NO ONE is informed unless "leaked and hacked" information is revealed.
    b. Mutually assisted suicide could be the end result of all the nationalistic (deep state, whatever level of self directed importance) strategy to "be king of the castle".
    c. The ones in charge are either stupidly incapable of managing "cyber security" and/or intent on playing "chicken" for some incredibly craven reasoning.

3. Apparently the existence of a "dark web" and "human nature" to exploit opportunity means extra national international criminals, Genius "kids" playing ETC. can do as much or more harm than "government" or deep state authorities?

4. I do not even know where to direct my protests.

5. If I have a personal belief about WHY the Russians would do anything (or Chinese, French, name any "country"), I think I may be very mistaken by my own investment in being "American".

6. If I have a belief about WHY the Americans would do anything, I may be very mistaken by my own investment in being American.

7. If I have a belief about TRUMP (insert other party affiliates, opposing party affiliates etc.), I may be mistaken by own investment in my political views. Actually, I believe that Trump is irrationally narcissistic and yet, I cannot say I wanted the other candidate so....

8. I can no longer tell what is paranoia (like fear that the whole thing will go down ......UNLESS what?. OH I know, agree to have no freedom whatsoever...That's the ticket to survival) and what is actual fact. Is the terror threat ramped up apparently possibly intentionally to paralyze my mind?

I know that MAYBE I think well of Wikileaks as there has never been evidence of fraud. I kinda think MAYBE Trump and Putin both want to make a peace for the sake of self interests that include no mutually assisted suicide (even for them to have no playground). And back to the OP, a person like John McAfee (and I am not just meaning him but someone who has a different kind of dog in the fight than the usual players)... could be a kind of wild card with some valuable insights.

This just in...watching now

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBGAPp9-QLQ
    Last edited by Maggie, 25th March 2017 at 16:21.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th March 2017), Aragorn (25th March 2017), Dreamtimer (26th March 2017), Elen (25th March 2017), JRS (29th March 2017), modwiz (25th March 2017), TargeT (25th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    Good VERY early morning!

Fred,

I apologize if I've come off as condescending. That was not my intention. I certainly was not addressing you or singling you out. Remember John McAffee and the subject of this thread along with other members here are holding this premise as well.

Sometimes when posting in forums people get the wrong impression. I should know I've been doing this a long time now.

My first post here was actually addressing a subject I really didn't want to discuss but felt I had to, give as this was my personal post to begin with and use of ad hominem that was in the OP. So I thought I'd make it a bit light harted because I did do that and thought it was funny. Hence the ad hominem prison joke and the Feel Good song.

Then and yes I didn't want to get into it but truthfully what I have found does debate his stance so I went for it. Debate the key word here.

Look I'm not at all giving special quarter to US intelligence or military for that matter. What they did was as wrong as what they are saying Russia did is wrong and retaliation. Man I'll bet Russian military was mad as hell when we fried their Military communications!

I do support our troops but I'm here to tell you I have grave personal thoughts about the military especially where my father is concerned. He was a fairly high ranking military man and a doctor who worked after the war and there are things I just won't talk about to anybody...but funny thing is since Linda Moulton Howe was mentioned here I started to discuss some of the circumstances surrounding my father and his involvement in the military with her and she was very interested... but I backed out. I think I still have her telephone number if I should change my mind but I'm fairly certain I will not. Given this I find certain things our military industrial complex does is, shall we say extremely dark. Which is how I found myself at the first Project Avalon in 2008. But I never discussed it with anybody except my mate Lionhawk. I do have serious (notice I did not use my signature Sirius which means I'm kidding) documentation and military records and birth and death certificates that would rock most peoples world. I can actually find on the internet old newspaper articles investigating my birth that are very disturbing. That is all I will say on the subject.

Given that.... I've spent extremely long hours researching specific subjects and the military is one of them. Because I tend to speak and/or write with a certain amount of confidence about those subjects I guess I come of as condescending. For that I apologize that was not my intention at all. I will admit when I offered the subject matter and the response was met in such a way as I realized it was not fully read...well I felt more than ever the stance I took in the first place which was to simply not address the subject at all which I said a week or so ago. You see in one of the articles written was where this whole thing is laid out and it's simply a game. Albeit a dangerous one with these people. Russians and US alike.

As for further discussion of this subject I again really think it's a dead end. We are not in control of what these people and governments do on this deep level and until they end up blowing themselves up or us in the process we will simply have to get the popcorn and pray for this thing called peace. I also have a feeling that simple post card at the electric company is just the beginning of some things that just my cripple us if this thing gets out of hand. Hacking the election was nothing compared to what might happen if indeed something more serious goes down. Let's hope it does not.

Have a good day!

ps; I just reread your post and saw the word semantics used. Now don't take this seriously but in a light sort of way... I used to get into anagrams...

Check it:

ISM ~ Noun: a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.

Weird huh?
    Last edited by Shadowself, 26th March 2017 at 06:24.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th March 2017), Aragorn (26th March 2017), Dreamtimer (26th March 2017), Elen (26th March 2017), Fred Steeves (26th March 2017), JRS (29th March 2017), Maggie (26th March 2017), modwiz (26th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Lovely, enjoying, yes very correct that 2015 saw pro Putin muchly, wandered at the time why the weres would allow it but did see pushback and felt maybe it was difficult to control, shows that people want peace imo because this was what the putin push was pushing imo, when what the weres did to Russia pre revolution/ww2, I am surprised that Russia would even look at peace with weres but then it is not the weres they want peace with, will we see a Putin and Trump meet up soon, likely imo.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th March 2017), Dreamtimer (26th March 2017), Elen (26th March 2017), Maggie (27th March 2017), modwiz (26th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Hi Brooke,

Maybe you would consider starting a thread, and just take it slow and methodical like? I know the topics I have deeply researched would be very difficult to lay out in brevity, the trail of bread crumbs metaphor would be more appropriate. Like I mentioned earlier, and surely I'm not alone in this, that I've only got so much time each day to devote to reading (and digesting!) long articles and such.

If you lay out the trail of bread crumbs, I'll follow it, and take the time to be sure I'm comprehending it all as we go. Maybe others will as well. It's obvious you have a story to tell here that goes hand in hand with your research, and I for one would like to here that story laid out nice and simple like. And it of course helps to be able to have questions cleared up along the way. If you really don't want to do it then no biggie, but I'm always on the lookout for opportunities to expand my base of knowledge.

Hell at the very least, when you're all done I would have two legs to stand on for the critique!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th March 2017), Dreamtimer (26th March 2017), Elen (26th March 2017), JRS (29th March 2017), Maggie (27th March 2017), modwiz (26th March 2017), TargeT (26th March 2017)

Thanks
    There seems to be stuff in Vault 7 showing how the CIA hacks and leaves signatures of other entities. Why they do it is not something I can't personally explain. It is certainly part of Information Warfare.

Putin is giving speeches about the moral degradation of the West and people are hanging banners of the "Peacemaker". Seems like there's plenty of reason to try to make Russia look bad.

And of course if the CIA is doing domestic stuff it shouldn't it 'covers it's tracks' this way.

I'm sure I'm missing something here...
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 27th July 2017 at 00:54.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th March 2017), Elen (27th March 2017), Maggie (27th March 2017), modwiz (28th March 2017), Myst (28th March 2017), TargeT (27th March 2017)

Retired Member Virgin Islands
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    There seems to be stuff in Vault 7 showing how the CIA hacks and leaves signatures of other entities. Why they do it is not something I can personally explain. It is certainly part of Information Warfare.
    Just because it's in the "info sphere" doesn't mean tactics change a whole lot, a false flag is a false flag.

I personally do not know of any motivation for it, but I'd guess it's typical military industrial complex war hawking mixed with an attack on trump and the ridiculous russian ties that have been talked about for months, but nothing really came of. Maybe it's assumed that "syra" won't happen? We are the US,, we have to be at war with SOMEONE, right?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th March 2017), Dreamtimer (27th March 2017), Elen (27th March 2017), JRS (29th March 2017), Maggie (27th March 2017), modwiz (28th March 2017), Myst (28th March 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by TargeT View Post
    I personally do not know of any motivation for it, but I'd guess it's typical military industrial complex war hawking mixed with an attack on trump and the ridiculous russian ties
    Half of my guess confirmed:

DICK CHENEY: 'No question' Russia meddled in the US election, and it could be 'an act of war'

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th March 2017), Dreamtimer (28th March 2017), Elen (28th March 2017), JRS (29th March 2017), Maggie (28th March 2017), modwiz (28th March 2017), Myst (28th March 2017)

Thanks
    I remember when Mitt Romney was running for president and spent a good bit of time talking about how we should be concerned about our former Cold War enemy, Russia. The distinction being made was that nuclear Iran was biggest threat and Russia was the biggest geopolitical foe or adversary. There was a lot of talk about UN votes.

Dark side Cheney's still at it, eh?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th March 2017), Elen (28th March 2017), JRS (29th March 2017), Maggie (28th March 2017), modwiz (3rd April 2017), TargeT (28th March 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Dark side Cheney's still at it, eh?
    Like a turd that just won't flush... the whole PNAC crew is still basically running Washington, as they have for decades now; irregardless of which Puppet we praise or ridicule while it briefly resides in the oval office.

Dick Cheney in 2002: "There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction"..... Dick Cheney in 2017: "There is no question, Russia meddled in US election"
    Last edited by TargeT, 28th March 2017 at 19:01.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th March 2017), Dreamtimer (28th March 2017), Elen (28th March 2017), JRS (29th March 2017), Maggie (28th March 2017), modwiz (3rd April 2017), PurpleLama (28th March 2017)

Thanks
    Once is a phenomenon, twice a coincidence, thrice a pattern.

99 times?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd April 2017), Elen (3rd April 2017), modwiz (3rd April 2017), TargeT (3rd April 2017)

Retired Member Netherlands
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,496 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    Good evening!

Just got off work and have a busy day tomorrow....but against my better judgement I'm going to address this video monologue from John McAfee.
    You never fail to impress me, darling!

Last edited by Outlander, 3rd April 2017 at 06:45.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Outlander For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd April 2017), Dreamtimer (6th April 2017), Elen (3rd April 2017), modwiz (3rd April 2017), Shadowself (3rd April 2017)